B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Im pumped about watching this series, all the talent, i hope theres at least one 6-5 game, im hoping the Rangers win this series.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • i have only 1 rangers jersey...graves! :D

the next jersey i will get is probably a lundqvist sweden jersey
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i got a lundqvist jersey early on in his rookie year at the garden. i remember thinking, man this guy better be with the team for a long time and his rookie year better not be a fluke, because this jersey was expensive!

other than that:

graves - home
    messier - away
    richter - home w/94 stanley cup patch on shoulder
    richter - home world cup 96 jersey (my prize possession, rare find)
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    i have only 1 rangers jersey...graves! :D

the next jersey i will get is probably a lundqvist sweden jersey
    named our first son Adam and got a hockey stick signed to Adam from Adam
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    The Good Guys are up by 1 after 1 .

Lets Go Rangers
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    one period down and i already want to murder these VS announcers.
  • ok henrik should have made that 2nd goal save

but im happy so far
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • what the FUCK man
  • BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    one period down and i already want to murder these VS announcers.
    i feel ya there , im lucky enough to have the cbc channel ...

4/4 in the third ... good game
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

• JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Um.
    What the fuck just happened? :confused:
  • What a game! The Pens had to shake off a little rust as expected to make it interesting, but you couldn't ask for a better start after spotting you guys a 3 goal lead.

Gotta suck for you guys.
  • BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    Jwmcc wrote:
    Um.
    What the fuck just happened? :confused:
    malkin and crosby happened ;)
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

what the hell did we just watch?

i need to take a walk.
    we gotta take game 2 on Sunday .

luck was too much on both sides this night.
    platessmall.jpg
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    we gotta take game 2 on Sunday .

luck was too much on both sides this night.

That's the theme of rd. 2 I think.
    Rygar wrote:
    That's the theme of rd. 2 I think.

i saw kovalev working his magic via the highlights

:eek:
    platessmall.jpg
  • butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    Ouch,,,5 goals. The crowd was crazy in white too. Lets go D!
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i saw kovalev working his magic via the highlights

:eek:
    He was playing pretty good considering both teams were pretty sluggish.
    April 26, 2008
    Rangers Can't Stick to Script

Just about everything we thought might happen in this series happened in the opening game last night. We just never expected to see it all happen in one game. The first half of the game went almost exactly according to the script we laid out at Reel Sports Fan. The Rangers stopped a potent Penguin attack from the net out, starting with at least four super saves by Henrik Lundqvist when the Pens poured it on early on. They collapsed in their own end -- "Five men in the picture," as Tom Renney likes to say, as portrayed during the telecast. Then they countered the other way, taking advantage of some of their own offensive weapons.

The Rangers also won the special teams match-up in building a 3-0 lead, expertly killing off three Penguin power plays and striking quickly on one of their own. They got a goal from Sean Avery, the Ranger superpest striking at the Pens in one way even while not being the supreme agitator he is capable of being. And they quickly got to Marc-Andre Fleury, tearing his goals against average, save percentage, and string of games giving up three goals or less to shreds. It was all going the Rangers' way, maybe not exactly like they planned, but exactly like it had to go for them to win -- error-erasing goaltending, team defense, counterattack goals, special teams play, X-factor Avery.

And just like that, it changed -- and it changed just like we thought it might. It started of course with a goal that never should have been scored -- yet another deflection into the net by a Ranger. Yes, the Rangers scored a goal off a Penguin skate earlier, but that wasn't an accident, it was a play that stood a good chance of going into the net no matter who deflected it in. The Pens got on the board on a harmless little pass to no one in the crease that Michal Rozsival saw all the way and still kicked into his own net with no Pittsburgh player near him.

We said it the other day -- Lundqvist was going to have not let these kinds of goals, which plagued him throughout the regular season and in the first round, get to him. You can't fault him for the goal that came 14 seconds later, Christian Backman being responsible for the turnover to Sidney Crosby and several other defenders responsible for leaving Pascal Dupuis open in front. But we knew the Pens would get those kinds of chances, we knew the Rangers, Backman in particular, would commit those kinds of turnovers, and we knew it was going to be up to Lundqvist to erase those mistakes to keep the Pens from doing exactly what they did -- cut a commanding 3-0 Ranger lead to one within a matter of seconds.

The scenario repeated itself in the third period -- a fluke goal, somehow deflecting off or through the skate of Scott Gomez on a shot from the corner, followed twenty seconds later by another defensive miscue (or set of miscues) that Lundqvist had no chance of erasing. Then came the final scene in the script everyone had written for this series -- the Crosby effect. Only two penalties were called after the middle of the second period, both of them embellished by Crosby. On the first, Dubinsky was called for a trip despite never touching Crosby. The Rangers killed that one off. Late in the third, Martin Straka was called for interfering with Crosby, and this time the Pens scored -- a deflection by Evgeni Malkin of a Crosby shot that was going wide.

Did Straka interfere with Crosby? Possibly. He was also cross-checked hard in front of the net seconds earlier when the Rangers were attacking, with no call. And with Gomez having swatted the puck off Marian Hossa's stick, neither team had possession, so it may have been Crosby interfering with Straka -- or more likely just two players battling for a loose puck. The difference is, Crosby dove, so he got the call, a call that was not being made any other time in the game on behalf of any other player, let alone at such a critical juncture.

Did the call put the Rangers in a position to lose? In that particular situation, yes it did -- it allowed the Pens to break a tie and score the winning goal. But the Rangers obviously put themselves in the position for such a call to make a difference -- they had a three-goal lead, they had the Pens in disarray and their fans sitting on their hands, they had their goalie wondering if was ever going stop another shot. Game 1 was there not only for the taking, it was easy pickings. Then another own-goal, and another turnover that Lundqvist could not erase -- lather, rinse, repeat -- and the matter was taken out of the Rangers' hands and placed onto Crosby's diving board.

The good news is, after blowing a big lead, after three deflections and two Crosby calls, after solving Fleury and withstanding everything Crosby, Malkin, and Hossa threw at them except for bad luck, the Rangers were a Jaromir Jagr goal post away from sending the game into overtime. They have bounced back from adversity like this all season long. So when Gomez said this game is over, it doesn't matter how it was lost , it's on to the next game, one can come away from this knowing that there is still enough left in the Rangers' arsenal to turn this outcome and this series around.
    platessmall.jpg
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    kenshunt wrote:
    Im pumped about watching this series, all the talent, i hope theres at least one 6-5 game, im hoping the Rangers win this series.
    I guess i wasn't to far, man some goals in flurries last night.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    April 26, 2008
    Rangers Can't Stick to Script

Just about everything we thought might happen in this series happened in the opening game last night. We just never expected to see it all happen in one game. The first half of the game went almost exactly according to the script we laid out at Reel Sports Fan. The Rangers stopped a potent Penguin attack from the net out, starting with at least four super saves by Henrik Lundqvist when the Pens poured it on early on. They collapsed in their own end -- "Five men in the picture," as Tom Renney likes to say, as portrayed during the telecast. Then they countered the other way, taking advantage of some of their own offensive weapons.

The Rangers also won the special teams match-up in building a 3-0 lead, expertly killing off three Penguin power plays and striking quickly on one of their own. They got a goal from Sean Avery, the Ranger superpest striking at the Pens in one way even while not being the supreme agitator he is capable of being. And they quickly got to Marc-Andre Fleury, tearing his goals against average, save percentage, and string of games giving up three goals or less to shreds. It was all going the Rangers' way, maybe not exactly like they planned, but exactly like it had to go for them to win -- error-erasing goaltending, team defense, counterattack goals, special teams play, X-factor Avery.

And just like that, it changed -- and it changed just like we thought it might. It started of course with a goal that never should have been scored -- yet another deflection into the net by a Ranger. Yes, the Rangers scored a goal off a Penguin skate earlier, but that wasn't an accident, it was a play that stood a good chance of going into the net no matter who deflected it in. The Pens got on the board on a harmless little pass to no one in the crease that Michal Rozsival saw all the way and still kicked into his own net with no Pittsburgh player near him.

We said it the other day -- Lundqvist was going to have not let these kinds of goals, which plagued him throughout the regular season and in the first round, get to him. You can't fault him for the goal that came 14 seconds later, Christian Backman being responsible for the turnover to Sidney Crosby and several other defenders responsible for leaving Pascal Dupuis open in front. But we knew the Pens would get those kinds of chances, we knew the Rangers, Backman in particular, would commit those kinds of turnovers, and we knew it was going to be up to Lundqvist to erase those mistakes to keep the Pens from doing exactly what they did -- cut a commanding 3-0 Ranger lead to one within a matter of seconds.

The scenario repeated itself in the third period -- a fluke goal, somehow deflecting off or through the skate of Scott Gomez on a shot from the corner, followed twenty seconds later by another defensive miscue (or set of miscues) that Lundqvist had no chance of erasing. Then came the final scene in the script everyone had written for this series -- the Crosby effect. Only two penalties were called after the middle of the second period, both of them embellished by Crosby. On the first, Dubinsky was called for a trip despite never touching Crosby. The Rangers killed that one off. Late in the third, Martin Straka was called for interfering with Crosby, and this time the Pens scored -- a deflection by Evgeni Malkin of a Crosby shot that was going wide.

Did Straka interfere with Crosby? Possibly. He was also cross-checked hard in front of the net seconds earlier when the Rangers were attacking, with no call. And with Gomez having swatted the puck off Marian Hossa's stick, neither team had possession, so it may have been Crosby interfering with Straka -- or more likely just two players battling for a loose puck. The difference is, Crosby dove, so he got the call, a call that was not being made any other time in the game on behalf of any other player, let alone at such a critical juncture.

Did the call put the Rangers in a position to lose? In that particular situation, yes it did -- it allowed the Pens to break a tie and score the winning goal. But the Rangers obviously put themselves in the position for such a call to make a difference -- they had a three-goal lead, they had the Pens in disarray and their fans sitting on their hands, they had their goalie wondering if was ever going stop another shot. Game 1 was there not only for the taking, it was easy pickings. Then another own-goal, and another turnover that Lundqvist could not erase -- lather, rinse, repeat -- and the matter was taken out of the Rangers' hands and placed onto Crosby's diving board.

The good news is, after blowing a big lead, after three deflections and two Crosby calls, after solving Fleury and withstanding everything Crosby, Malkin, and Hossa threw at them except for bad luck, the Rangers were a Jaromir Jagr goal post away from sending the game into overtime. They have bounced back from adversity like this all season long. So when Gomez said this game is over, it doesn't matter how it was lost , it's on to the next game, one can come away from this knowing that there is still enough left in the Rangers' arsenal to turn this outcome and this series around.

Let's see, the pens get a goal off a rangers skate it's lucky. But when the rangers do it, that's what they were trying to do. Ha!
    I see he somehow forgot to mention Drury's "goal" with his stick at head level.
    funny how fleury is figured out but the pens just got lucky with henrik. I saw a lot of playoff style goals scored by both teams. bad bounces,deflections.
    Maybe he should be more concerned with the rangers blowing a 3 goal lead. Excuses are for losers.
    Let's see, the pens get a goal off a rangers skate it's lucky. But when the rangers do it, that's what they were trying to do. Ha!
    I see he somehow forgot to mention Drury's "goal" with his stick at head level.
    funny how fleury is figured out but the pens just got lucky with henrik. I saw a lot of playoff style goals scored by both teams. bad bounces,deflections.
    Maybe he should be more concerned with the rangers blowing a 3 goal lead. Excuses are for losers.

then why are you making excuses for drury's goal? maybe if fleury stayed on his skates he would have been able to make the save. and we wouldn't have to talk about it today.

neither team should be happy with their game lastnight. sloppy game with shitty goals for both sides.

i am questioning my confidence in the rangers now after blowing a 3-0 with less than a half of a game remaining. they almost blew a 3 goal lead against the devils in game 5, but thanks to a goal post and a penalty shot save, the rangers sneaked away with the one goal win.

shit needs to change. can't go back to the garden down 0-2.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    once again crysby get the call from the league

such a great player and strong skater and he falls down with straka ??

straka shoulder to shoulder battling for position
    bullshit call little girl u should be ashamed of your actions

that being said we cant blow 3-0 leads

this team is soo fricking beatable
    NY PJ1 wrote:

so is fleury.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    so is fleury.

totally we dominated early

shit happens but we will rebound

LETS GO RANGERS!!
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    once again crysby get the call from the league

such a great player and strong skater and he falls down with straka ??

straka shoulder to shoulder battling for position
    bullshit call little girl u should be ashamed of your actions

that being said we cant blow 3-0 leads

You have got to be kidding me. Do you really think that Sid is thinking in his mind to take a dive at that point in the game (or ever)? He was jumping up in the rush and wouldn't have gone down if he could help it. It's not worth risking taking yourself out of the play when a legitimate rush up the ice was taking place.

And while you may think we're beatable after last nights game, I can assure you that there's one other team in the series that's just a tad more beatable after that performance. I've said Pittsburgh in six all along, but it could very well go seven. Out of nine total goals in the game, only four of them were "clean", so it doesn't matter how great you think Lundqvist or Fleury is if the majority of goals are junk deflections.
    You have got to be kidding me. Do you really think that Sid is thinking in his mind to take a dive at that point in the game (or ever)? He was jumping up in the rush and wouldn't have gone down if he could help it. It's not worth risking taking yourself out of the play when a legitimate rush up the ice was taking place.

And while you may think we're beatable after last nights game, I can assure you that there's one other team in the series that's just a tad more beatable after that performance. I've said Pittsburgh in six all along, but it could very well go seven. Out of nine total goals in the game, only four of them were "clean", so it doesn't matter how great you think Lundqvist or Fleury is if the majority of goals are junk deflections.

beat it dude he is a newbie of the new nhl ,, fall down whenever and get the call because he is sid the kid (they shoud say sid the little girl)

anyway..on to game 2
    imstill sick that im going away wed morning and cant be here for the games
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    beat it dude he is a newbie of the new nhl ,, fall down whenever and get the call because he is sid the kid (they shoud say sid the little girl)

anyway..on to game 2
    imstill sick that im going away wed morning and cant be here for the games

You're outta your mind if you think he gets calls because of who he is. It's always something with you guys. If he was on your team you'd defend him in a heartbeat. I can picture the league's meeting with the officials now... "OK guys, even though we call diving on other players, if Crosby goes down it has got be a penalty on the other team, no questions asked. What on earth would hockey fans think if the golden boy was taking a dive?" Oh wait, that's right. Absolutely nothing. God forbid he's forced to change his style of play if he was actually doing something wrong.
    Gomez said this game is over, it doesn't matter how it was lost , it's on to the next game, one can come away from this knowing that there is still enough left in the Rangers' arsenal to turn this outcome and this series around.

Lets Go Rangers
    platessmall.jpg