B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Also, Sid's been taking sticks in the face and not getting any calls, so everything balances out in the end.

well, officiating has been real bad- both ways- for and against both teams- and also leaguewide in a few of he other series underway.

Youd think after all these years and the modernization of technology, they would have gotten the best of the best in officiating, especially for the 2nd season.

Where the hell is Kerry Fraser ( the guy wwith the outstanding hair )- did he up and retire?
    :confused:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Where the hell is Kerry Fraser ( the guy wwith the outstanding hair )- did he up and retire?
    I wish.
    He was busy fucking things up for Montreal and Boston in rd 1.
  • he hasn't retired, he did a number of regular season games.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    well, officiating has been real bad- both ways- for and against both teams- and also leaguewide in a few of he other series underway.

Youd think after all these years and the modernization of technology, they would have gotten the best of the best in officiating, especially for the 2nd season.

That might be the guy you want. He isn't pen friendly.
    And you're right. the refs are way to inconsistent.
    You know what i like about all this sid as diver crap?
    He has now become a bigger pest than Avery. Your whole bench was yapping at him while they should have been trying to figure out how to score on the PP.
    Jagr was livid, and a moody Jagr is a bad Jagr.
    so bring those signs, your only hurting yourself.

were you at the game behind the benches ?

just asking- cuz here in nyc- the broadcast was only available nationally on NBC . ( horrible like versucks )

was wondering how you got so much info on jagr being livid.
    & i didnt see much yapping ( from anyone besides the bald dude pierre-- " inside the glass " :rolleyes: )

and, 1 more question- whered you get that Crysby bigger pest then Avery hypothesis from ?

Just wondering - because I know that you were able to see the chop that Fleury deliverd to averys gonads - as well as resulting in the scrum that closed out the game yesterday.
    Looked plain as day that Avery ( alltho way too late in the game and at this juncture in time ) had gotten under the skin of a few Blackshirts- including Gill and I saw Laraque skate the quickest that he may ever have done before in his entire NHL career ; from the blueline to the back of the goalline and the scrum in like 2 milliseconds flat ! Scuderi and Whitney also eventually made it to the scrum ( i saw them both ) - just in time for the Linesmen and Refs to break it up .

I give credit to the Penguins-0 theyre getting hot at the excatly the right time- 6-0 in the playoffs, but this al;so tells me that theyu are due .
    what better place to start- 1 shift and 1 game at a time-then the Garden.
    let the heavy lifting begin. .......Heave Ho !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Bathgate66 wrote:

You didn't recognize him...he has a helmet on now ;)

If he's the best we have in the playoffs we're all hurting

Him and Koharski need to go !
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    If he's the best we have in the playoffs we're all hurting

!

same circus,
    different clowns.
    :rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    same circus,
    different clowns.
    :rolleyes:

Exactly

NHL officiating has been bad for as long as I can remember

Inconsistent is the best word
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Bathgate66 wrote:

just asking- cuz here in nyc- the broadcast was only available nationally on NBC . ( horrible like versucks )

& i didnt see much yapping ( from anyone besides the bald dude pierre-- " inside the glass " :rolleyes: )

and, 1 more question- whered you get that Crysby bigger pest then Avery hypothesis from ?

Just wondering - because I know that you were able to see the chop that Fleury deliverd to averys gonads - as well as resulting in the scrum that closed out the game yesterday.
    Looked plain as day that Avery ( alltho way too late in the game and at this juncture in time ) had gotten under the skin of a few Blackshirts- including Gill and I saw Laraque skate the quickest that he may ever have done before in his entire NHL career ; from the blueline to the back of the goalline and the scrum in like 2 milliseconds flat ! Scuderi and Whitney also eventually made it to the scrum ( i saw them both ) - just in time for the Linesmen and Refs to break it up .

I give credit to the Penguins-0 theyre getting hot at the excatly the right time- 6-0 in the playoffs, but this al;so tells me that theyu are due .
    Baldy pierre(who you guys have to hate because he is so in love with the penguins) did mention that jagr was livid. and he kept going after crosby after the whistle.
    And i also saw callihan and somebody else barking at him. All the preoccupation can't help you guys that's all im saying.

And yes i did see fleury at the end. He did the same thing to lapointe in the last series. It's his new move. It's also easy to be tough when you have gill and laraque behind you.
  • And yes i did see fleury at the end. He did the same thing to lapointe in the last series. It's his new move. It's also easy to be tough when you have gill and laraque behind you.

Maybe Brodeur should've done the same thing. Avery can't expect to keep taking shots at Fleury's legs and not get some retaliation. Of course with the calls we've seen so far, if he does it again they will probably only call Fleury on it.

I guess it's best to wait until the last 10 seconds if you're up by 2+ goals :D
    The Rangers lost a sloppy Game 1 on April 25 in Buffalo. Then they lost a tense Game 2 on April 27. Against a far more playoff-savvy and seemingly complete Sabres team, the Rangers rallied to even the series with two wins in a raucous Garden.

That they are capable of doing the same in this series seems reasonable. Whether they will is anybody’s guess. The Penguins also appear unlikely to be blown out of any games -though Marc-Andre Fleury looked shaky in Game 1 and barely broke a sweat today. So two more close ones that could go either way figure to be on tap for Tuesday and Thursday nights in the Garden.
    platessmall.jpg
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Hey i think nbc has great coverage, stealing alot of the tsn dudes, now would your fucking team win please, im tired of seeing a donut behind the pens record.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    kenshunt wrote:
    Hey i think nbc has great coverage, stealing alot of the tsn dudes, now would your fucking team win please, im tired of seeing a donut behind the pens record.
    Really they should be ashamed of themselves for even counting the first four games ;)
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    not too worried yet. 1 win puts them right back in it....
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    alright kids ,tonight we must take a last stand !!!!!!!!
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Yeah, enough of the crap, get it done tonight.
    Jw
    LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cmon boys lets show something against this band off pussycats

ill talk to u guys in 1 week ,,hopefully about good things :)

LETS GO RANGERS!!
    I FORGOT to mention

shanny down to the 4th line

gomez down to the 3rd with prucha and avery

and the drury line is up in the 2nd slot
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    I FORGOT to mention

shanny down to the 4th line

gomez down to the 3rd with prucha and avery

and the drury line is up in the 2nd slot

apparently not:

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2008/04/29/so-much-for-that/
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024

now i know why i never read the paper lol garbage
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    now i know why i never read the paper lol garbage

it's all about the blogs from practice, they make the morning paper old news..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    it's all about the blogs from practice, they make the morning paper old news..

totally

but someone told me here read this and i did

so i thought it was news ,,which it was, just old news hah
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    totally

but someone told me here read this and i did

so i thought it was news ,,which it was, just old news hah

it wouldn't have been before practice.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    They tried to put pressure on Marc-Andre," Michel Therrien said. "They tried to get in the crease, and we discussed it with the referees. They're not supposed to stand there, and if there's a goal, it's not a goal. It's tough to give penalties if they're really close to the crease, but if Fleury's in the crease and he can't play the puck, it's no goal. This is what the referees told us. I noticed what Shanahan did. I addressed it with the referees. They were saying that they were going to pay attention, there's no doubt, you can't obstruct the goalies."

When Tom Renney says that he will address various concerns with the officials, without any specific references as to what those concerns are, he's whining to the refs about diving, and Therrien goes on an extended rant trashing Renney. Therrien himself can go on and on about talking to the refs about the Rangers crashing the crease, but that's not whining, that's a legitimate concern. God forbid he should tell his players to get those players out of there, god forbid he should tell him players to do so without taking a penalty cross-checking a player into his goalie, god forbid he should voice any concern about his goalie slashing players near his crease. No, the Penguins don't whine -- only the Rangers.
    platessmall.jpg
    The Penguins are 0-4 this year at The Garden .

:D

Lets Go Rangers
    platessmall.jpg
    Pens set for antics of Sean Avery
    BY KRISTIE ACKERT
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Monday, April 28th 2008, 11:15 PM

Petr Sykora and the Penguins have gotten just a glimpse of the Sean Avery who was the talk of the Rangers' first-round series. Tuesday, when they enter the Garden with a 2-0 lead in the Eastern Conference semifinal, they expect to see a lot more.

"Avery will be Avery," Sykora said Monday. "I expect he will pick up the intensity with the home crowd behind him."

The Penguins expect that Avery and the Rangers will do anything and everything they can to get back into the series.

Pegged as a talented but youthful and emotional team, the Penguins know the series could hinge on how they handle the pressure tonight. They have been unable to win at the Garden in four tries this season, and they'll be facing a team with an expert agitator looking for anything to change the momentum.

Pittsburgh coach Michel Therrien said the Penguins will focus on Avery just as they would "any other good player.

"Honestly, I don't pay too much attention to that stuff," Therrien said at the team's midtown hotel. "He's a good player. I expect him to play a hard game. I expect it to be a hard-played game."

Perhaps the last seconds of Sunday's game foreshadowed just how hard.

After the Penguins scored an empty-netter, Avery planted himself in front of Marc-Andre Fleury's crease, clearly irritating the Penguins' goalie, who gave the Rangers' winger a shot to the back of his legs after the final horn. Avery slashed back at Fleury's hands, sparking a fight at the end of the Penguins' 2-0 win.

"We have to be disciplined," said Sykora. "Whatever he does or doesn't do, we have to be disciplined and don't do anything that will get us stupid penalties. That's the most important thing, being disciplined."

The Penguins were effective fighting off those penalties Sunday, playing four of the last six minutes shorthanded. They killed off six penalties in that game.

After ranking 23rd in penalty-killing during the season, the Penguins are second in the playoffs, allowing just two power-play goals in six games.

Avery's antics against the Devils overshadowed the fact he scored three goals and had two assists in that series.

"I think he is a very good hockey player," Sykora said. "I think he could have an even bigger name with his offense, he has a lot of skills. But he has made his name doing what he does. He's a good player."
    platessmall.jpg
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cmon boys lets show something against this band off pussycats

ill talk to u guys in 1 week ,,hopefully about good things :)

LETS GO RANGERS!!

the come back begins TONIGHT :D

have fun in Florida!!!!!!!!!!! love the new location by the way ;)
  • Let's take care of business tonight boys!
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    Jagr ties it at 3.
    I miss igotid88
  • BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    4-3 now

malkin

whats up with drury
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11