B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Rygar wrote:
    hehe, hopefully Pitts-NYR go 7 games, triple overtime every game.

yeah, the flyers would want to play a tired NYR team in the east finals :)
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    yeah, the flyers would want to play a tired NYR team in the east finals :)
    hahaha, smart ass!
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    friday night !!!!!!!!!!!!!

im gonna be away from games 3-6 miserable

especially because i have to pay for games 3 4 and 6 dammmmmmm
  • Fri. April 25 7 pm NY Rangers at Pittsburgh VERSUS, CBC
    Sun. April 27 2 pm NY Rangers at Pittsburgh NBC, CBC
    Tue. April 29 7 pm Pittsburgh at NY Rangers VERSUS, CBC
    Thur. May 1 7 pm Pittsburgh at NY Rangers VERSUS, CBC
    Sun. May 4 2 pm NY Rangers at Pittsburgh NBC, CBC
    Mon. May 5 7 pm Pittsburgh at NY Rangers VERSUS, CBC
    Wed. May 7 TBD NY Rangers at Pittsburgh CBC
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Fri. April 25 7 pm NY Rangers at Pittsburgh VERSUS, CBC
    Sun. April 27 2 pm NY Rangers at Pittsburgh NBC, CBC
    Tue. April 29 7 pm Pittsburgh at NY Rangers VERSUS, CBC
    Thur. May 1 7 pm Pittsburgh at NY Rangers VERSUS, CBC
    Sun. May 4 2 pm NY Rangers at Pittsburgh NBC, CBC
    Mon. May 5 7 pm Pittsburgh at NY Rangers VERSUS, CBC
    Wed. May 7 TBD NY Rangers at Pittsburgh CBC

im paying for every fricking home game and i can go to 1

im fricking pissed this morning
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    im paying for every fricking home game and i can go to 1

im fricking pissed this morning

Did you mean to say you're not going to be at any of the games?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Did you mean to say you're not going to be at any of the games?

yea im away games 3-6

i cant believe the bad timing

im the only guy upset that im going away lol
    how about the nhl letting reebok make avery rule 16 shirts?

talks about hypocrites

they have no problem making money off of him ,but criticize his every move

oh and lets see if marty gives back his share of the profits
    because every player makes money on anything sold :rolleyes:
  • ill be at game 4

poor marty lost interest in playing in the worlds...what a bitch
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    no MSG broadcasts in round 2 ?

Fri Apr 25, 2008 Rangers Penguins 0 - 0 7:00 PM CBC,VERSUS
    Sun Apr 27, 2008 Rangers Penguins 0 - 0 2:00 PM CBC,NBC
    Tue Apr 29, 2008 Penguins Rangers 0 - 0 7:00 PM CBC,VERSUS Tickets
    Thu May 1, 2008 Penguins Rangers 0 - 0 7:00 PM CBC,VERSUS Tickets
    Sun May 4, 2008 Rangers Penguins 0 - 0 2:00 PM CBC,NBC
    Mon May 5, 2008 Penguins Rangers 0 - 0 7:00 PM CBC,VERSUS Tickets
    Wed May 7, 2008 Rangers Penguins 0 - 0 TBD CBC

that sucks!
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Fri Apr 25, 2008 Rangers Penguins 0 - 0 7:00 PM CBC,VERSUS
    Sun Apr 27, 2008 Rangers Penguins 0 - 0 2:00 PM CBC,NBC
    Tue Apr 29, 2008 Penguins Rangers 0 - 0 7:00 PM CBC,VERSUS Tickets
    Thu May 1, 2008 Penguins Rangers 0 - 0 7:00 PM CBC,VERSUS Tickets
    Sun May 4, 2008 Rangers Penguins 0 - 0 2:00 PM CBC,NBC
    Mon May 5, 2008 Penguins Rangers 0 - 0 7:00 PM CBC,VERSUS Tickets
    Wed May 7, 2008 Rangers Penguins 0 - 0 TBD CBC

that sucks!
    I get 'em all, eh?
    You might get live vid from here. I know my bro was tracking the Habs on there but I don't' know if it was vid or radio...
    Rygar wrote:
    I get 'em all, eh?
    You might get live vid from here. I know my bro was tracking the Habs on there but I don't' know if it was vid or radio...

we get the games but were just not sure if its on our regular everyday home channel

im not sure bathy
    Bathgate66 wrote:

that sucks!

ugh.... now we have to listen to the VS announcers suck crosby's d*ck night after night.

god i hope we shut him down.
    ugh.... now we have to listen to the VS announcers suck crosby's d*ck night after night.

god i hope we shut him down.
    haha, unfortunately it'd be the same way if the link I put here works
    avery to accept an unpaid intern position at vogue this summer:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=4704620&page=1

haha, this man rocks!

haha, this man rocks!

he's really fricking nuts lol
    someone please remind me to go to church tom.
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Speaking of Avery, just read that Bettman just nixed the "Avery Rules" t-shirts that Reebok had made up. Apparently he saw that the league would be hypocritical for trying to cash in on a guy they can't stand.
    Jw
    Jwmcc wrote:
    Speaking of Avery, just read that Bettman just nixed the "Avery Rules" t-shirts that Reebok had made up. Apparently he saw that the league would be hypocritical for trying to cash in on a guy they can't stand.
    Jw

he had to save face
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    he had to save face
    Irregardless of Avery, Bettman is a tool.
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    someone please remind me to go to church tom.

Hey NYPJ1 : ,

GO TO CHURCH !
    platessmall.jpg
    Jwmcc wrote:
    Jw

NY POST

BETTMAN KOS AVERY SHIRT
    By LARRY BROOKS

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04242008/photos/sports086.jpg

NO SHIRT: NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman has pulled the plug on

April 24, 2008 -- Gary Bettman was the last to know, but when the NHL commissioner learned from a third party that his league had authorized production of a licensed "Avery Rule" tee shirt - as The Post reported yesterday - to commemorate Ranger forward Sean Avery's playoff face-guarding of Devil goaltender Martin BrodeurMartin Brodeur , Bettman put the kibosh on the whole thing, The Post has been told.

A creative division with NHL Marketing conceived the "Avery Rule" tee shirt in conjunction with Reebok. The idea sought to capitalize on the first-round, Game 3 incident at the Garden that was followed immediately by the NHL amending its rules to outlaw such activity.

The league then solicited approval from the NHL Players Association, which in turn sought and received permission from Avery to authorize the product.

It was only then, after all parties had signed off on the project - believed late Tuesday - that Bettman and Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly learned of the plan.

The commissioner and his chief lieutenant did not see the humor in it, though they may have been able to recognize the hypocrisy of capitalizing on the persona of Avery, a player the NHL can barely tolerate.

Hence, the executive office vetoed the "Avery Rule" tee shirt. There is no word on the future of the NHL personnel who authorized the project.

larry.brooks@nypost.com
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Hey NYPJ1 : ,

GO TO CHURCH !

lol tom afternoon im gonna go

always day of the 1st game of a series lol

think im nuts?
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    think im nuts?

we are all a little nuts,
    in our own little ways.

Ryan Whitney Hates The Blueshirts :

The Penguins, though, are no stranger to Avery’s antics. In a November game, he goaded Gary Roberts into taking a double-minor high-sticking penalty that led to a New York goal in a Rangers win.

Afterward, Avery, mocked the Penguins’ 41-year-old veteran, saying “A guy like that, they take it as a little bit more of an insult after you disrespect them and all they’ve done for the game and how great they are.”

On Wednesday, the Penguins wouldn’t take the bait to say anything to rile up Avery, 28.

“He’s going to play his game no matter what, especially in the playoffs,” Penguins captain Sidney Crosby said. “He’s an agitator and we have our own agitator (Jarkko Ruutu), too. That’s their role. Those guys take a lot of pride in what they do, playing a tough, tough game.

“That’s just part of the playoffs.”

Crosby said he expects to hear Avery’s smack talk.

“I’m sure he’ll try,” Crosby said. “It’s nothing that other guys haven’t tried before.”

If something does happen, Ruutu took a passive approach.

“Let him do it,” Ruutu said. “There’s referees for things that are illegal. If he wants to do it, go ahead. We want the power plays. We don’t really care about anything else.

You’re not going to win playoff games from the penalty box.”

l Ryan Whitney, Boston native and proud card-carrying member of Red Sox Nation, makes no secret of his dislike for the Yankees.

However, the Penguins’ defenseman doesn’t extend his hatred to all things New York. Growing up as a Bruins fan in Massachusetts, Whitney says he “never really hated” the Rangers.

But, with the New York Rangers standing in the way of a possible Stanley Cup, Whitney may start to build up a little hate for the Broadway Blueshirts.

“Obviously, the Rangers are a rival of ours and we’ve had some really good games these past two years,” Whitney said. “That should make it a great series.”

Though Whitney admits that Madison Square Garden can be a daunting venue (they were winless there this season) he says Mellon Arena is no day at the beach, either.

“It’s a tough building to play in, they’ve got great fans,” he said. “We’ve had our struggles there but it’s a different season. We’re going to be better prepared. The playoffs are a lot different that the regular season.

“Yeah, it’s a tough building but this is a tough building to play in, too. They’ve got their work cut out for them, too.”

l The Penguins, who practiced for nearly 90 minutes Wednesday morning at Mellon Arena, were glad to finally find out who their opponent would be when Philadelphia eliminated Washington in a Game 7 Tuesday night.

“The last couple of days have been real good practices, tough,” captain Sidney Crosby said. “Knowing who we are going to play is a lot better feeling.

“It’s been kind of dragging on for a while now. Everyone just wanted to find out who we were playing. Now we know and we have to get ready.”

l Each of the Rangers’ four leading regular-season scorers are owners of at least one Stanley Cup ring. Brendan Shanahan won three with Detroit, Scott Gomez won two with New Jersey, Jaromir Jagr won two with Pittsburgh and Chris Drury won one with Colorado.

Three Penguins have previously won the Cup. Daryl Sydor won twice with Dallas and Tampa Bay, Petr Sykora won once with New Jersey and Gary Roberts won one with Calgary.

l The Rangers recorded 12 shutouts this season, one short of the team record set by the 1928-29 team, when the season was just 44 games.
    platessmall.jpg
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810

haha, this man rocks!

avery's hot ;)

haha, this man rocks!

here tis

pictures too !

Avery At VOGUE

avery2_080422_mn.jpg

Ranger Wears Prada: Hockey Player to Intern at Vogue Magazine
    Sean Avery Loves to Intimidate Opposing Players, and He's Into Fashion!
    By SUSAN DONALDSON JAMES
    April 23, 2008
    24 comments FONT SIZE
    EMAIL
    PRINT
    RSS Macho man and provocateur Sean Avery -- by some accounts the most hated player in the National Hockey League -- will be joining the estrogen-infused world of fashion as an unpaid intern at Vogue magazine.

Sean Avery, the aggressive left-wing for the New York Rangers, will take his hockey bruises and his talent to a summer internship at Vogue.

More PhotosJust last week, Avery helped the New York Rangers beat the New Jersey Devils in the first round of the NHL play-offs with his usual in-your-face tricks: agitation, verbal taunts and fighting.

In his 14 months as a Rangers left wing, Avery has tallied 212 penalty minutes, which makes many wonder if he can handle editorial collaboration and taking orders as an intern.

"We are going to have to see how far the Rangers go to determine when he will start, but he will certainly be here and get an internship with a variety of editors," Patrick O'Connell, director of communications for Vogue, told ABCNews.com. "I don't know if he'll be writing yet, but he will be doing regular tasks."

That means the stocky, 28-year-old athlete -- who is in the midst of the NHL playoffs --- will be "answering phones, working photo shoots, getting samples, contacting people, working the gamut," according to O'Connell.

The magazine internship is not without precedent. Matt Chatham, the starting linebacker for the New York Jets, was a writing intern at Esquire in 2004 and, according to one inside source, "was a really nice kid and did well."
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    we are all a little nuts,
    in our own little ways.

Ryan Whitney Hates The Blueshirts :

“Let him do it,” Ruutu said. “There’s referees for things that are illegal. If he wants to do it, go ahead. We want the power plays. We don’t really care about anything else.

see that is where ruutu is wrong. avery will not put his team in a hole by taking a dumb penalty. didn't do it against the devils first round, and didnt do it much during the entire regular season. thats where avery doesnt get credit where credit is due. you rarely see the man retaliate after taking a pounding. you will see him run his mouth, but he won't do anything that will get him a penalty. and for a guy like avery and with the type of game he plays, i think he deserves some praise for that.

if he was able to get under the skin one of the most seasoned veteran goalies of all time (a man who will probably go down in history as the best goalie of all time), i think he can certainly be a distraction to some of the young blood on the pens.
    reading todays how renney is contemplating having orr in the lineup- with hollweg and betts : theyll go out after crosby/malkin.

also of interest is that our defensive Staal brother Eric could very well be out there against Pitts forward Staal brother Jordan, brother vs brother .:eek:
    platessmall.jpg
    MAYBE PRUCHA IN ON THE 2nd line?

and move shanny back to the 4th line ? for defense
    my stomach is in knots already :rolleyes:

this is crazy