B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• i was at this game

absolutely amazing

i fuckin hate the habs with a passion and it was great to yell at those fools
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • i was at this game

absolutely amazing

i fuckin hate the habs with a passion and it was great to yell at those fools

How can you hate the habs?...it's practically where hockey was born.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • for a small segment of the crowd, the habs fans were very enthusiastic throughout the game. felt like a playoff game with that element in it.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    wooooooooooooooo baby

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!

great comeback win
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    holy shit what a shot from shanny... no goalie in the world was stopping that shot.
    holy shit what a shot from shanny... no goalie in the world was stopping that shot.

that was impressive,, especially with roman bearing down on him

as giradi broke the play up , i was like holy shit its a 2-0

we needed that heading to alberta
  • for a small segment of the crowd, the habs fans were very enthusiastic throughout the game. felt like a playoff game with that element in it.

there were a lot of habs fans at the game, and boy were they getting it from the NYR fans
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    there were a lot of habs fans at the game, and boy were they getting it from the NYR fans

the habs fans were pretty loud on TV, sounded like a great atmosphere. glad the NY fans were sticking it to them.
    always alot of leafs and habs fans at msg

no one ever questions the support these teams receive

on a side note , yesterday i watched 1986 wales conference finals when the habs beat us to move onto the cup

i was only 10!!!!
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    NY PJ1 wrote:

on a side note , yesterday i watched 1986 wales conference finals when the habs beat us to move onto the cup

i was only 10!!!!
    Ah the good ol' days ;)
    Rygar wrote:
    Ah the good ol' days ;)

it was fun to watch

kordic and nilan on the same team
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    The NY Papers talked about all the Habs fans in the house last ni8ght- in particular the sections behind the goal on the 8th Ave End,...

NY Daily News

[size=+2]But the oohs and aahs ceased once the teams left the ice for the first intermission. They were replaced by groans from all but the pocket of vocal Montreal fans that spent the entire game chanting from their perch behind the Eighth Avenue goal.
    [/size]

NY Post

The newesst photo of Henrik can be seen here :

King Henriks Throne

i too thought it was going to be a 2 - on - 0 break, but once Hamerlik was bearing down on Shanny there was only time for a lone breakaway . He said he could " feel " Hamerlik bearing down onb him, so it was a split second decision to go over the goaltenders shoulder. All in a millisecond !

western canadan roadtrip, coming up. Late night games for us right- coasters!
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • 2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore

" you must log in to view this page "
    platessmall.jpg
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    the habs fans were pretty loud on TV, sounded like a great atmosphere. glad the NY fans were sticking it to them.

I sat amongst a section of Rangers fans in Maple Leaf Gardens and they were the rudest, loudest, most obnoxious people I have ever been around. It was great. The Leafs lost and Tie Domi KO'd Ulf "fucking" Samuelson with a great sucker punch. And all of the Rangers fans wanted Luc Robataille to change his number.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    There must have been a small army of Habs' fans following them around from Tampa to Sunrise to NYC because they were throughout the stands in both the games against the Florida teams.
    Renney used the word at least 4 times in his post game press conference .
    even trautwig mentioned it.

http://www.hockeyrodent.com/

Well, now we know the truth behind Petr Prucha's absence from the lineup Sunday night. When head coach Tom Renney implored his troops to be more visceral on the ice, the young lad (just 2¼ years immersed in English) asked countryman Jaromir Jagr what this word meant. Tom took the whispering as a sign of disrespect and benched Kid Kourageous before warmups.

That stuff about Antropov's slash and the wrist-taping display by the dasher was all for public consumption. C'mon. You could lop off Peter Puck's arm at the shoulder and he'd still be game to play.
    platessmall.jpg
    Songburst wrote:
    I sat amongst a section of Rangers fans in Maple Leaf Gardens and they were the rudest, loudest, most obnoxious people I have ever been around. It was great. The Leafs lost and Tie Domi KO'd Ulf "fucking" Samuelson with a great sucker punch. And all of the Rangers fans wanted Luc Robataille to change his number.

thats us!!! minus the obnoxious
    that outside game today was fucking awesome.
    and it turned out to be a very great game ,
    even going to shootout.

they briefly eluded to the rumours of an outside game at yankee stadium

unfortunately the time is rapidly passing for something such as this to actually happen.

that would be awesome, the town and fans of buffalo should be commended- that was a spectical and spectacular event to have been at .

oh and the penguins should think about using those jerseys - they looked pretty classic.
    platessmall.jpg
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    that outside game today was fucking awesome.
    and it turned out to be a very great game ,
    even going to shootout.

they briefly eluded to the rumours of an outside game at yankee stadium

unfortunately the time is rapidly passing for something such as this to actually happen.

that would be awesome, the town and fans of buffalo should be commended- that was a spectical and spectacular event to have been at .

oh and the penguins should think about using those jerseys - they looked pretty classic.
    hell yea! They need to do it every year n a Ranger Islander Game at the Meadowlanads..hows about that...if not I'll take Yankee Stadium!

ps

Loving my Rangers right about now....been back in NY for a bout a week now and they been blessing me with nothing but smiles!
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
    stickboy wrote:
    hell yea! They need to do it every year n a Ranger Islander Game at the Meadowlanads..hows about that...if not I'll take Yankee Stadium!

ps

Loving my Rangers right about now....been back in NY for a bout a week now and they been blessing me with nothing but smiles!

welcome home !

regarding the outside game :

It Should Have Been At Central Park

Big Apple would have borne more marketing fruit
    Email story
    Print
    Choose text size
    Report typo or correction
    Email the author
    License this article

Jan 01, 2008 04:30 AM
    Rick Westhead

New York's Central Park, a 3 1/2 square kilometre patch of green space smack in the midst of Manhattan, is no stranger to huge crowds. A half-million music fans packed the park in 1981 to watch Simon and Garfunkel's reunion concert.

A Dave Matthews Band concert at the park in 2003 drew more than 100,000, while close to a million spectators rubbed shoulders in 1997 to watch country star Garth Brooks.

So how many people would come to the famous landmark to watch an outdoor hockey game?

It's a question that begs consideration.

At a time when the NHL is desperate to spur interest in the U.S., the league after today will have staged two games outdoors – one in Edmonton, and today's in Buffalo, a media market so small that it trails the likes of Harrisburg, Pa., and Oklahoma City.

Imagine the international buzz the NHL would generate staging an outdoor game in New York.

The NHL's U.S. broadcaster NBC seemed to have had this figured out. When it raised the idea of an outdoor game with the league last summer, one idea kicked around was playing a game – the Rangers against the cross-town rival Islanders, perhaps – at Yankee Stadium. But pipes under the field posed some kind of a problem and the prospect was shelved.

Yet even if that obstacle can't be navigated, surely there are other venues in New York that could host an outdoor game. A football stadium like Giants Stadium could easily host an NHL game outdoors.

Central Park, meantime, would provide stunning TV pictures, even if the league had to drastically pare the number of temporary rink-side seats to satisfy the park's operator, the Central Park Conservancy.

"Buffalo's a great place for this to have a trial run, but obviously if you could pull this type deal off in New York, it'd be quite a boost for the NHL and hockey," says Frank Vuono, a New Jersey-based sports marketer and onetime NFL vice-president.

"The only issue is they'd have to work that much harder marketing it because there's that much more competition.

"In New York, you'd certainly get much more buzz," Vuono says, "especially with so many international visitors here at holiday time."

To be sure, so long as the weather holds up, today's outdoor game will be proclaimed a success.

A former NHL official says the Sabres-Penguins matchup would generate $5 million to $10 million in revenue. Seventy thousand tickets sold at an average $75 apiece will generate $5.25 million alone. Then there's income from sponsorships, concessions and merchandising and TV income.

Expenses on the game probably won't eclipse $500,000. The league has spent some $250,000 renting Ralph Wilson Stadium from the Buffalo Bills and costs to install a temporary rink have been estimated at about $150,000.

Moreover, the NHL's U.S. broadcaster, NBC, which hatched the idea of this year's outdoor game, is sure to post improved TV ratings compared to New Year's Day a year ago. (On Jan. 1, 2007, NBC broadcast taped figure skating opposite college football bowl games.)

An outdoor NHL game is a great concept first hatched by Oilers president Pat LaForge, who came up with the idea after working at Molson. (Beer drinkers told the company one of their biggest sports fantasies was playing pond hockey alongside NHL stars.)

But if the league wants to tap further into the global market and bolster the league's coffers and its players' paycheques, it needs to find a way to get the outdoor spectacle into a large market. The likes of Buffalo and Edmonton won't get that done.

platessmall.jpg
    thats an unbelievably long ammount of time to skip a city, especially a major hockey market / city like that - WOW ! :eek:

and, to top it all off, our Cup Winning Coach is now the Flameleader.

So its time to lock up Henrik long term now, and along with him Avery .

from the Bulletin :

Lundqvist's agent and the Rangers are now allowed to negotiated the long-term contract that they passed up last summer to help keep the Rangers under the cap this year. See the Vancouver Province for more on Lundqvist. Meanwhile, Sean Avery is in the same situation. But there are several differences -- Avery will be unrestricted at the end of the season, he has been in and out of the line-up all season and has only two goals, and he is more inclined than Lundqvist to wait until the season ends to test his leverage.

C
    [size=+2] Lets Go Rangers [/size]C
    platessmall.jpg
    ah yes,,, the late night games where we get to be zombies tom and friday !!! :)

should be fun although t hese teams like to play run and gun

we gotta make them play our game

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    ah yes,,, the late night games where we get to be zombies tom and friday !!! :)

should be fun although t hese teams like to play run and gun

we gotta make them play our game

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!

they score alot, but they give up alot , too.

this is prime for spicing up our Power Play, which has been anemic lately.
    platessmall.jpg
    first trip out to calgary since 2002. can't wait.

figure the rangers have to be feeling good now... 3 solid wins, and a few days off before tonight.
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    So the Blue shirts play tonight in Cowtown and in Vancouver tomorrow night ... "insert evil laugh" perfect! ;)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    Hawkshore wrote:
    So the Blue shirts play tonight in Cowtown and in Vancouver tomorrow night ... "insert evil laugh" perfect! ;)

yea we always get jerked with back to back games
    well, we've had decent space in between games, i think we should be okay.
    vancouver, ? weve been there, done that .

;)

C
    [size=+2] Lets Go Rangers [/size]C
    platessmall.jpg
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    yea we always get jerked with back to back games
    I was feeling the same thing the other night with the Leafs Habs games back to back but we pulled it out.... I'll be happy with 3 points and its will DEF be nice to see them play back there after so long!

hey bathy, thanx man..nice to be back...esp amongst my Ranger peeps... I guess when you say Central Park you mean hold the game at whatsitcalled..Wollman rink?..or how bout Rangers vs Devils at Giants Stadium if not Ranger/Isles at Yankee Stadium or wherever else?

Henrik will get signed with us no problem for a REALLY long time..not worried
    what DOES worry me tho is ...our PP kicked ASS with Prucha his rookie yr...youre tellin me Renney cant find a way to insert him back on there?? I dont get it ...
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
    we made joselius and kiprosoff look like all stars.
    i guess the altitude problems were too much for the blueshirts to overcome alltho their shifts seemed to lessen as the game went on.

henrik not holding that pipe killed us.

he looked pretty dejected in the lockerroom afterwards.

on to vancouver.
    platessmall.jpg