B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    interesting. drury or shanny new captain if jagr goes?

i'd hate hate hate hate to see prucha go. that kid's heart can't be matched. i don't really like getting rid of rosival as well. decisions decisions.
    wow, thats a ripoff of a trade
    I can see Rozy and Pruch for Doan and Jovo but...
    what are we getting in return for Jagr???
    no way....throw in some more or Jags aint goin nowhere
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    THAT trade is crap,,

jovo is awesome,,,but we wouldn't be getting enough
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    THAT trade is crap,,

jovo is awesome,,,but we wouldn't be getting enough
    MAYbe if Dougie Weight was in the mix..but even then. I just dont see it happening
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    or did it look like Malik was cowering away from Nolan ( Isles coachs son ) when called out to drop the gloves ?

Not to mention him not clearing the puck out of the zone when Canes went on the PP , ... and then went up 2-1 at the end of the 1st ?

also :

i am still groveling trying to get either a ticket or a pair of tickets for Brian Leetch Night,
    1-24-08 , against Atlanta .
    Please PM me if you can offer anything.
    I will pay above face , but within reason .
    thanks.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    or did it look like Malik was cowering away from Nolan ( Isles coachs son ) when called out to drop the gloves ?

Not to mention him not clearing the puck out of the zone when Canes went on the PP , ... and then went up 2-1 at the end of the 1st ?

also :

i am still groveling trying to get either a ticket or a pair of tickets for Brian Leetch Night,
    1-24-08 , against Atlanta .
    Please PM me if you can offer anything.
    I will pay above face , but within reason .
    thanks.

guess it was just me watching on the TV,....

:)
    platessmall.jpg
    NYR have asked NHL to rescind the Orr penalties from last game.
    and avery against toronto, part deux.
    ( nov 10th was my birthday- nice gift from avery that night )

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12282007/sports/rangers/behind_enemy_lines_73210.htm

rangers.jpg

BEHIND ENEMY LINES
    AVERY SET FOR TORONTO VISIT

By LARRY BROOKS
    BIG HIT:After a pre-game brawl on Nov. 10 in Toronto, Sean Avery plans to limit his big hits to the actual game against the Maple Leafs.
    December 28, 2007 -- The Border Patrol needn't erect a fence at center-ice of the ACC rink when the Rangers visit Toronto tomorrow night. No. 1 Public Enemy Sean Avery has no intention of crossing into enemy territory or even going anywhere near the red line during the pre-game warm-up.

BLOG: The Blue Seats

"I was told [by NHL VP Colin Campbell] not to do that," Avery, whose Nov. 10 pre-game joust with Darcy Tucker on the Blueshirts' last trip to Toronto ignited a furor and earned the agent provocateur a summons to the Vice Principal's office. "When you're told something, you're supposed to listen.

"In this case I chose to do that."

Avery has assiduously stayed out of pre-game trouble since being fined and put on notice by Campbell. In discussing his return to Toronto, Avery yesterday screwed on his best Dead-End Kid face and proceeded to disrespect the city and more.

"I never enjoy going to Toronto," said Avery, who hails from nearby Pickering, approximately 25 miles away. When asked why, he rattled off three responses.

"Because I don't enjoy hockey-obsessed Canadians; because the exchange rate is not very good; because it's going to cost me a lot of money for tickets for people I don't like."

Goodnight everybody!

Avery and Tucker have faced each other twice since Avery became a Ranger. They fought in each game. They have sparred figuratively with words and literally with their sticks.

"I'm sure [everyone] will be all fired up, but I'm just going to play the game I play; a Sean Avery-type game."

Avery disclosed that his libel suits have been served on multiple parties in the aftermath of the reporting of what was said - rather, what was NOT said - to provoke the Nov. 10 fracas. According to Avery, papers have been served on radio reporter Howard Berger, Toronto radio station FAN590 and parent company Rogers Broadcasting, and the Toronto Star and writer Rosie DiManno for her column that ran in the Nov. 15 edition of the paper.

When were they served? "Christmas or Christmas Eve," said Avery, suing over the report that charged that he had made reference to Jason Blake's medical condition. "It's going to court."

The Rangers are formally requesting NHL Director of Officiating Stephen Walkom to rescind the game misconduct assessed to Colton Orr in Wednesday's victory over the Hurricanes.

Orr received a game misconduct in addition to a five-minute major for interference for the second period collision that sent Matt Cullen face-first to the ice. Cullen, who was cutting from right to left with the puck and his head down, briefly lost consciousness and sustained a broken nose upon impact with the ice.

There was no immediate signal for a penalty. When Cullen's injury became obvious-and only after Orr was jumped by Mike Commodore, who escaped without an instigator penalty referees Dean Warren and Marc Joannette and linesmen Brian Murphy and Anthony Sericolo convened at the boards. The discussion yielded the verdict.

"We were both coming pretty hard. We were both just coming to the middle," said Orr, who did not finish the check so much as find himself unable to avoid it, and who suffered several cuts around the right eye when he was hit with Cullen's helmet. "I was just defending myself."

"I don't want to see anyone get hurt, but I need to protect myself, as well."
    platessmall.jpg
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Argh -- now I am going to have to suffer through a freaking Leafs game just to watch the Avery side show.

And you guys that were saying that Jovo is not enough for Jagr are insane. Getting the Jagr anchor off of the Rangers would immediately improve the Rangers. If I were Sather I would dump him to a division rival (Devils?) for nothing so he can weigh them down for the rest of the year.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
    Songburst wrote:
    Argh -- now I am going to have to suffer through a freaking Leafs game just to watch the Avery side show.

And you guys that were saying that Jovo is not enough for Jagr are insane. Getting the Jagr anchor off of the Rangers would immediately improve the Rangers. If I were Sather I would dump him to a division rival (Devils?) for nothing so he can weigh them down for the rest of the year.

jagr prucha and rosi?? thats alot

although ill agree jagr is wearing thin on me

" Forbidden "

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /images/thumb/c/c6/Nyoilers.jpg/300px-Nyoilers.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

theres a football game on tonight ?

C

well, i'll be tuning in to the big hockey game, regardless of whats happening or not happening elsewhere.
    platessmall.jpg
    December 29, 2007
    Rangers Need to Get Off and Running
    UPDATE: Steve Valiquette starts tonight -- Brandon Dubinsky questionable with the flu, might be replaced by Marcel Hossa. Colton Orr's major and game misconduct rescinded by the NHL -- it was a clean hit (refs not rescinded, though). Thanks to Blueshirts Blog and Blue Notes for these updates from the morning skate in Toronto.
    platessmall.jpg
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    jagr prucha and rosi?? thats alot

although ill agree jagr is wearing thin on me

I haven't seen Prucha play that much but from what I have seen, he isn't that great. Roszival is just ok too.

You gotta give something up to dump Jagr. Prucha and Rosival seems pretty reasonable -- they aren't that valuable to the Rangers. Jovo would play a lot better in New York than in Phoenix.
    Songburst wrote:
    I haven't seen Prucha play that much but from what I have seen, he isn't that great. Roszival is just ok too.

You gotta give something up to dump Jagr. Prucha and Rosival seems pretty reasonable -- they aren't that valuable to the Rangers. Jovo would play a lot better in New York than in Phoenix.

thanks xman

" prucha has more guts then a slaughterhouse" .

his scoresheets and stats might not be so impressive

but his play on the ice is deifinitley under rated .

maybe being out of the market he hasnt made such a great impression on you, but seeing him on a regular basis , it becomes clear that alltho he may get knocked down or off the play, he just wont stay down .
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    thanks xman

" prucha has more guts then a slaughterhouse" .

his scoresheets and stats might not be so impressive

but his play on the ice is deifinitley under rated .

maybe being out of the market he hasnt made such a great impression on you, but seeing him on a regular basis , it becomes clear that alltho he may get knocked down or off the play, he just wont stay down .

Ya -- I haven't seen Prucha play very much at all. He looks decent so far tonight but I don't think that the Rangers would be any worse off without him. The Rangers are playing a pretty flawless game so far (2nd period) - watch for Tucker to try to start some shit to try to "spark" the Leafs.
  • wow 6-0 rangers. i saw the first three goals and then switched to the giant game. about time they scored like this.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    wow 6-0 rangers. i saw the first three goals and then switched to the giant game. about time they scored like this.
    Couldn't have asked for a better opponent for it to happen to, either ;)
    6-1 final.
    SWEEEET payback!!!

5 for 10 on the pp

now the hot habs

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!
  • you going sunday night?
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    you going sunday night?

no game for me xman ,, im off lol
  • if this was the early 1990s, this would be a good doubleheader (knicks-bulls at noon, rangers-canadiens at night) but unless jordan and pippen suit up for the bulls and ewing and oakley suit up for the knicks, then the noon knicks-bulls game tommorow should be loads of fun...
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    if this was the early 1990s, this would be a good doubleheader (knicks-bulls at noon, rangers-canadiens at night) but unless jordan and pippen suit up for the bulls and ewing and oakley suit up for the knicks, then the noon knicks-bulls game tommorow should be loads of fun...

lol 2 weeks in a row with the double header ,,thats weird
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    lol 2 weeks in a row with the double header ,,thats weird

it's interesting to watch the portions of the changeover that's for sure, but i can only imagine what that ice would be like if the knick game goes double overtime.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    Meh, don't let three goals in on the first three shots and you should be fine.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Congrats on the victory, had the powerplay working what was it 5-10 lol.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    lets keep it rolling tonight against the hot habs !!!!

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!!
    Lets do it right and make it a weekend sweep of our fellow original 6 franchises / Canadian contingent.
    platessmall.jpg
  • weird how they're done with toronto and ottawa but have yet to play montreal.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    Songburst wrote:

oh the irony in it all

right after we start mentioning Prucha in this thread,

and he gets off the sly with 2 goals.

weird how they're done with toronto and ottawa but have yet to play montreal.

i thought the very same thing when i heard this last night. so late in the season !

next season, they are going to try to schedule every team to at least 1 game, which will be cool .
    platessmall.jpg
    I can't believe it took that guy that long to rule it no goal (like the six skaters on the ice, too ;)
    ...had to open my mouth
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    oh the irony in it all

right after we start mentioning Prucha in this thread,

and he gets off the sly with 2 goals.

Scoring PP goals against the Leafs doesn't really count for much though.