B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,234
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    12 hours kids o boy here we go

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!!!!!
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Avery keeps his mouth shut and you win a couple of games. Keep that tape right where it is! Let's Go Rangers!!!!!
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    my bandmates hate hockey playoff season....Jam night is cancelled!

(during the regular season, I have the game on in the background)
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    12 hours kids o boy here we go

LET'S GO SABRES!!!!!!!
    6 AND A HALF......

already have the beer on ice, the wings thawed out.........

oh, and just to have some fun, see above.
    F'n_Circus wrote:
    6 AND A HALF......

already have the balls on ice, the pee pee's thawed out.........

oh, and just to have some fun, the boys are coming over.

wow!! i never knew
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    wow!! i never knew
    hahaha wow, me either. I better tell my girlfriend.
    5 1/2 boyz

i need heavy pills for tonight :)

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!
    LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please dear lord !!! make the puck go in

enjoy the game guys

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!!
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I am beyond f-ing pissed about this weekend. This was planned weeks ago, but I'm flying to Florida with my girlfriend this weekend for her grandfather's 85th birthday. Flight leaves at 7:45, so I'll miss most, if not all of tonights game. We come home Sunday, flight gets in at 2:45, so I'll miss a good chunk of that game. Its gonna SUCK!

But, anyway, I'm with in spirit, even if I'm not yelling at my TV.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    moster78 wrote:
    I am beyond f-ing pissed about this weekend. This was planned weeks ago, but I'm flying to Florida with my girlfriend this weekend for her grandfather's 85th birthday. Flight leaves at 7:45, so I'll miss most, if not all of tonights game. We come home Sunday, flight gets in at 2:45, so I'll miss a good chunk of that game. Its gonna SUCK!

But, anyway, I'm with in spirit, even if I'm not yelling at my TV.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

are you flying jet blue ?

they supposebly have direct tv , so maybe it will include MSG .

no better way to spend a flight , then watching the Blueshirts in the playoffs.

nice articles today in NYP, NYDN, and The Blueshirt Bulletin ( * This article even references the " we hate your team " website that appeared previously in our super- thread. * )

May 04, 2007

Ranger Cavemen Hunting Buffalo

In the two full seasons Jaromir Jagr has been in New York leading the Rangers, there has been one sure way to gauge where the team stood -- when Jags is cracking jokes, things are good. Even after Game 2 in Buffalo when the Rangers were disappointed to have lost a match they dominated, Jagr's confidence was evident in his relaxed manner and his one-liners. "He wants $5 million to be a checker?" he said of Dainius Zubrus, mocking the free agent to be who sent him flying with a hip check. Yesterday at practice, Jagr was at his best. Asked if the Rangers had to win in Buffalo (which obviously they have to do at least once to advance), he quipped, according to the Star-Ledger, "Yeah, and at home, too. It's easy, huh? Even a caveman can do it."

Jagr isn't the only funny man around. In the grand tradition of George Burns, the straight man fired off the best line in this exchange Steve Zipay had with Jagr about this weekend's Kentucky Derby: " decided to ask Jagr if he even knew the name of any horse in the running. 'Barbaro' he said. When told that Barbaro was dead, he asked: 'Does that mean he can't win?' 'Not unless he's got a great jockey,' I said." For more, including Jagr's response, see Steve's Blue Notes blog.

Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff is pretty funny too, but inadvertantly so. "Ruff sent a not-so-veiled message to the NHL that he’d like to see more penalties against the Rangers," reports the Buffalo News today. "'We’ve been battling through obstruction getting in the zone,' he said. 'We shouldn’t be denied our ice going into the zone.'" LOL! Ruff wants the league to allow his team to just walk into the zone? That's your job to figure out how to do that, Lindy boy. Coach of the year! The truth is, we were counting uncalled infractions in the press box in the third period, and the Sabres got away with six to eight, including one that led directly to the disputed goal. The Rangers might have committed the obstruction Ruff referred to once.

Ruff also chided the Buffalo media for being too pessimistic. "I woke up and the sun was shining and it was such a beautiful day driving down here," he told the Buffalo News. "After I met with you guys I went home depressed. And I got to thinking, 'What are they thinking?' We've got a game in our barn, we've got a hell of a team, let's get going again." Hey, Lindy -- where were you when your press boys were anointing you Cup champs after one win? A win aided by the fact that the referees took that game away from the Rangers after they had your boys on the ropes in the first ten minutes. No complaints about the officials on that one, eh?

Meanwhile, the Buffalo News has also revisited Tom Renney's "cream of the crop" pre-series comments. "Just so you know, the guy was right," one of their columnists writes today. "The Sabres are a long way from being the cream of the crop after four games against the Rangers. Ottawa had a 3-1 series lead over New Jersey. Anaheim was dominating Vancouver. You could argue Buffalo isn’t even the best team in the state now that it’s tied with New York." And it's not just the hometown media that has suddenly abandoned the Sabres, the fans have lost faith too -- witness the "We hate the Rangers" web site that suddenly popped up [sorry, no link], which doesn't even provide any good reasons to hate the Rangers, since of course there are none when it is a simple matter of the team they quickly crowned champs after one game is simply being outplayed and is lucky to be 2-2 instead of down 3-1.

More in the Daily News, Journal News, Newsday, Times, Post, and Record, as well as a treatise on where the Rangers are now from Blueshirts Blog. More from Newday, at MSG.com from Dave and Kenny, and USA Today lauding Lundqvist. More negativity from the Buffalo News here, here, and here. The Toronto Sun, Canadian Press, Globe and Mail, and SI.com also take closer looks at the Sabres -- someone should tell them there is a bigger story from a bigger market in this series. The Times examines Buffalo as a hockey town. The CHL playoffs continue tonight, with Marc Staal leading the Sudbury Wolves into Plymouth in the OHL final, and Mike Sauer and the Medicine Hat Tigers hosting the Vancouver Giants in the WHL final -- see stories on the OHL final here, here, and here, and on the WHL final here, here, here, and here.

[size=+10] - _/ _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ \_ - [/size]
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Nope! Southwest!
    moster78 wrote:
    Nope! Southwest!

d'oh !

:eek:

:eek:

i guess try to get to internet access and go to nyr.com or nhl.com.

:(

[size=+10] - _/ _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
    just 7 fucking seconds and we head back to MSG up 3-2.

and yet another game with the final 2-1 after OT .

who wouldve thought we could hold the NHLs leading scoring team to 3 goals in 3 games.

C'mon NYR
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    just 7 fucking seconds and we head back to MSG up 3-2.

and yet another game with the final 2-1 after OT .

who wouldve thought we could hold the NHLs leading scoring team to 3 goals in 3 games.

C'mon NYR
    7 seconds.............and its back to MSG.
    lucky sabre fuckers

it aint over yet.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    lucky sabre fuckers

it aint over yet.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
    no, its not.............looking forward to game 6.
  • adissidentadissident Posts: 15
    Lets go Sabres!
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    I am pretty confident the Rangers can win game 6 at MSG.

Game 7 should be a hoot
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    i'm not mark messier so i'm not guaranteeing anything, but i'm not giving up. sure i'll be nervous all of game six, but was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor, hell no. I forget the rest of the sequence, but you get my drift. i expect that building to be rocking sunday, so for anyone that's going make it happen. and considering how close they've been in buffalo, i'll take my chances there again and if it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be, but until then don't stop believing.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    adissident wrote:
    Lets go Sabres!

wrong thread , assmunch

:rolleyes:

platessmall.jpg
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    wrong thread , assmunch

now now play nice. :)

i'm rooting for the rangers. shame the decider will be away. (yes i am that confident. it's amazing what a little knowledge can do :D )
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    now now play nice. :)

i'm rooting for the rangers. shame the decider will be away. (yes i am that confident. it's amazing what a little knowledge can do :D )

okay, just find it funny when someone appears literally out of nowhere- even if its not pro Rangers.

anyhow

i called Rangers in 6 from the beginning , but i'd gladly accept being wrong if they won it in 7 .:D

Its pretty clear that the Rangers can indeed win in Buffalo , alltho they have yet to do so . They were outplayed, outhustled, but still remained on the brink of winning that game last night.

Tomorrow should be crazy at The Garden .

[size=+3] - _/ _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
    Blueshirt Bulletin

May 05, 2007
    Another Skeleton Comes Back Out of the Closet

The Rangers have put a lot of skeletons back in the closet during their playoff run. But every once in a while one re-emerges and costs the team a game. Add them all up and they may end up costing them a series and a deeper run into the post-season. In Game 1, it was too many penalties. In Game 2, it was a costly Marek Malik turnover. Tonight, in a game the Sabres deserved to win but were about to lose thanks to the shut-down netminding of Henrik Lundqvist, another old bugaboo re-emerged.

The Rangers lost this game because they could not win it on the power play. Despite a lackluster first period, they had three chances to get a jump on the Sabres with the man advantage, but they didn't even come close. They had three more chances in regulation but seemed to get progressively worse. And they had a golden opportunity to atone for the goal they let Chris Drury score with 7.7 seconds left in regulation to negate Martin Straka's apparent game winner, getting a power play early in overtime.

Not only did they not come close to closing it out when they had the chance, you just knew when the refs gave the Sabres a make-up call two minutes later that Buffalo would do what the Rangers couldn't do -- win the game on the power play. Now the Rangers face the monumental task of coming back off this potentially devastating loss to win the final two games of the series, a feat only accomplished once in team history (going into Game 5 2-2, losing it, and coming back to win the series) -- that was in 1994, and it took a Messier guarantee and a Matteau double-OT goal to accomplish that. And playing Game 7 on home ice, which will not be the case this time.

The task is certainly not impossible -- the Rangers proved again, even in not playing their best, that they can take the Sabres, coming that close to a win that would have offset the Sabres stealing Game 2. But the Sabres have come out ahead in both situations to lead 3-2 in the series, a position the Rangers should be in (if not having already taken the series 4-1). These are the kinds of results that usually separate the great teams from the good teams, and right now you have to give Buffalo the edge.

But I've written this story before, several times in fact. At least once, the lede was that the epitaph to this season when it was written would say, "They lost it on the power play." And yet they're still here -- down but not out. They've overcome too many penalties, too many own-goals, too many blown two-goal leads, and yes, too many games where the power play did not come through despite the constellation of stars manning it. Now they have to overcome it again, to the tune of two straight wins over the league's top regular season team.

Monumental, yes. Impossible? Close to it, but not completely. Tom Renney and Brendan Shanahan both seemed on an even keel afterwards, believing that the Rangers had it in them. Jaromir Jagr, however, appeared on the verge of sharing the tears that were shed in the living rooms of many a Ranger fan this evening. He did not sound the same note of optimism that he sounded the last time the Rangers left Buffalo after a disappointing loss that should have been a win. But he has a day to regain his resolve and continue the pursuit of that something special he asked us to believe in at the all-star break.

Jagr appeared to suffer a leg injury after a knee on knee collision with his latest nemesis, Dainius Zubrus. He came back to finish out the game, but he said afterwards that you don't feel that kind of pain during a game, you feel it the next day. Nevertheless, he couldn't have continued if there was structural damage to his knee or another part of his leg, so look for him to come back strong on Sunday. The prognosis for Fedor Tyutin may be cloudier, as he did not play well after his return to the ice from an apparent leg injury early in the game.

[size=+3] - _/ _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
    see my intial post on this page for being able to win in buffalo..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    Nevertheless, he ( Jagr ) couldn't have continued if there was structural damage to his knee or another part of his leg, so look for him to come back strong on Sunday. The prognosis for Fedor Tyutin may be cloudier , as he did not play well after his return to the ice from an apparent leg injury early in the game.

my understanding is that the NYR called up 10 of the now eligible Wolfpack ( now that they are eliminated from playoffs )...... so perhaps its time to call up Liffiton ? His boys Gerardi and Callahan are already here , waiting for him .

Ranger Fanatics Double Decker Bus Rally *[size=-2] < < click me <[/size]

For Sunday's Game 6, buses will be parked on the northwest corner of Seventh Avenue and 31st Street by 11 a.m., at which time fans are invited to line up and begin reserving their spots on the bus.

The buses begin boarding at 12 noon. Each person on the buses have a chance to receive a pair of tickets to Game 6. One lucky fan on each bus will be randomly selected to receive the pair of tickets and then will be able to enter the arena.

Even fans who don't win the Game 6 tickets won't have to come away empty-handed, because Rangers merchandise, including towels, t-shirts and hats, will also be given away to fans on the buses.

The buses will head up to Times Square at 12:10 p.m. – just under two hours before the game begins. Between 12:30 and 1:15, the buses will drive laps around Times Square, giving the fans on top of the bus to chant "Let's Go Rangers" in the heart of New York City.

Upon returning from the trip up to Times Square, the lucky fan on each bus who receives the playoff tickets will be announced.

The Playoff Road Tour was a huge hit prior to Games 3 and 4 of the Rangers' first-round series against Atlanta and again prior to Games 3 and 4 of the current series for Buffalo. To view video from each of the last two bus tours, click on the link for Rangers on Demand at the top of this story and choose the "Bobby Granger" section.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Its pretty clear that the Rangers can indeed win in Buffalo , alltho they have yet to do so . They were outplayed, outhustled, but still remained on the brink of winning that game last night.

Tomorrow should be crazy at The Garden .
    the same can be said about the sabres at MSG, as they were thoroughly outplayed and outhustled, but lost by one goal each game. as much as they were manhandled, they were still in striking distance.

controversy aside, this has been the best series in round two so far........game 6 should be crazy at MSG.

oh, and before i forget, Henrik was phenominal yesterday.
    F'n_Circus wrote:
    oh, and before i forget, Henrik was phenominal yesterday.

yeah he only tried straying from the net only once or twice :rolleyes: ( uneventful thankfully ) - neither of which was as detremental as the game 4 play.

Newsflash- Henrik- inside the net, you are really good.
    Outside the net, not so good .

numbnuts needs to stay inside his crease area- no further straying outwards , like he's martin brodeur of 5 years ago..... . :rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
  • adissidentadissident Posts: 15
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    wrong thread , assmunch

this is the correct thread. rangers should be better next year but they can pull the golf clubs out this monday.
    Im Still Sick To My Stomach

However We Will Be Ready To Send This Back To Buffaho

Let's Go Ranger's!!!!