B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Stelly wrote:
    Dear God,

blah blah blah

i kinda knew that God Loved The Blueshirts also.

:)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    i told u we had the temp up for the ice !!!!!

i felt it as soon as i walked into msg ,,it was hot

anyway 12 hours till game time

one more and we can even this thing
    these bums can be beat ,,

XMAN ILL TRY TO GET THERE EARLY
    but tonight is my late night at work

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!
    Eastern Conference Semifinals Game 4:
    Rangers vs. Buffalo Sabres, 7 p.m. ET

TV Note: Turn to MSG immediately following tonight's broadcast for extensive post-game coverage on "MSG, NY".

If part of being a successful sports team means having a healthy respect for your opponent, then the New York Rangers were talking like champions on Monday at the Madison Square Garden Training Center as they prepared for tonight's fourth game of the Eastern Conference Semifinals series against Buffalo.

Just over 48 hours after a double-overtime Game 3 thriller that ended with a 2-1 win for the Rangers, the Blueshirts and Sabres go right back at it at the Garden tonight. Memories of Michal Rozsival's goal at the 16:43 mark of the second overtime might linger in both teams' minds, but the Rangers were the first to admit that once the puck drops for Game 4, all prior events in the series become irrelevant.

The Rangers' refusal to get caught up in the local excitement surrounding Game 3 is indicative of the business-like approach they have brought to the 2007 Stanley Cup playoffs. After sweeping Atlanta in the first round, the Blueshirts recognized that tougher teams lay ahead, so it was no surprise that after getting their first victory over the Sabres in Game 3, the Rangers players and coaches were the first to point out that they still trailed the series 2-1.

All of the key players recognized that Game 3 was just one step in a very long journey. Immediately after the game, Rangers captain Jaromir Jagr was quick to refer to the Sabres as "the best team in the NHL", and on Monday, alternate captain Brendan Shanahan reminded the local press that Buffalo was halfway to the next round and the Rangers still needed another win just to join them at that point in the journey.

Even after Shanahan suggested that Game 3 did provide the Rangers the kind of momentum they might need to turn the series around, Blueshirts head coach Tom Renney said he respected the veteran's opinion but that he would still view this series one game at a time without reading too much into any particular victory. Renney's focus was on winning Game 4 and getting the series back to Buffalo all tied up for Game 5.

Although Buffalo still leads the series, it was apparent in both Games 2 and 3 that the Rangers have come up with a very effective game plan against the NHL's Presidents' Trophy winners. The Rangers have challenged the Sabres all over the ice, particularly at their own blue line where they have refused to let Buffalo dictate play on transitions out of the neutral zone. That defense-first mentality, so crucial to the team's 18-5-4 run since Feb. 27, enabled the Rangers to keep Buffalo off its game through 96 minutes on Sunday.

The Sabres were supposed to be the aggressors on offense in this series, but in Games 2 and 3, the Rangers had a much easier time setting up in the offensive zone. Only the outstanding netminding of Buffalo goalie Ryan Miller enabled the Sabres to win Game 2 at home and push the Rangers to nearly five full periods of hockey on Sunday. But the Rangers were supposed to be the team carried by its goaltender in this series, not the other way around. Buffalo's heavy reliance on Miller is simply evidence of how well the Blueshirts' game plan has been working.

The talented crop of Sabres forwards, featuring Daniel Briere, Chris Drury, Thomas Vanek and many others, was kept off balance at MSG on Sunday and looked very different from the group that seemed to own the ice for long stretches of Game 1 at HSBC Arena. Well into the second overtime, it was clear that the Rangers had forced the Sabres out of their comfort zone and into a different style of play. If that success on defense continues, it is hard to imagine that the Sabres will be able to mount anything like the three-goal blitz that enabled them to runaway with the series opener.

Also key for the Rangers tonight is the play of goaltender Henrik Lundqvist, who must continue to match Miller save for save. Lundqvist's Game 3 victory was typical of his performances at the Garden, where he recorded all five of his shutouts in 2006-07. On Sunday, he came within nine minutes of being the first goaltender to shut out Buffalo this season – a remarkable achievement considering that Buffalo led the NHL with 308 goals in 2006-07 -- 20 more goals than the Ottawa team ranked second in that category.

Ultimately, however, the biggest factor in the Rangers' favor tonight might be the simple fact that they are playing at home. The Blueshirts have won eight straight at 11 of 12 at MSG, and in a series that is all about holding serve on home ice, it doesn't hurt that the Rangers can expect rousing support of the Garden Faithful as they look to even a series that they refused to let slip away from them in the spirited Game 3.
  • orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    is the game on Versus tonight? please say no.
    Jam out with your clam out.
    long red wrote:
    is the game on Versus tonight? please say no.

ill say no for you,,,,

but it is
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    ill say no for you,,,,

but it is

ya know, i really fucking hate Gary Bettman. all i want to do is watch some god damn playoff hockey without going to the greasey bar down the road. fuck it, i gotta write a paper tonight anyways.

fuck you gary!
    long red wrote:
    ya know, i really fucking hate Gary Bettman. all i want to do is watch some god damn playoff hockey without going to the greasey bar down the road. fuck it, i gotta write a paper tonight anyways.

fuck you gary!

WHAT WILL REALLY SUCK IS THE NEXT ROUND AND THE CUP is on vs. and nbc exclusively
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    WHAT WILL REALLY SUCK IS THE NEXT ROUND AND THE CUP is on vs. and nbc exclusively

terrific....i'll be kicking it old school with my radio.
    long red wrote:
    terrific....i'll be kicking it old school with my radio.

or the comp.. red u can watch on nhl.com if u want

i thought it was only half of cablevision that didnt get it
    now people are telling me alot of different cable operators dont get it

i dont understand it
    after just moving to brooklyn,,i knew some of brooklyn is cablevision ,,i sweated till i found out i was still time warner

XMAN WE NEED SOME BLOGS

and bathy ,,u go back to work and i haven't talked to u in a minute
    freaking work crap

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,234
    if i found an outlet for them that would pay me for them, i emailed a website called gothamist about contributing and they have not gotten back to me. so i guess i'll post one on my personal website or something like that..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    what are you doing for game 5 on Friday night?

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/team/playoffs07/ViewParty_050407.asp

For 10 bucks, you can watch Game Five on Gardenvision. I did this a few times during the 1994 Stanley Cup finals and it was awesome..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    and were are six hours away folks... from the journal news, which in my opinion has the best rangers blogs of all the papers:

Apparently Michael Nylander is fine and will play tonight. That was according to Tom Renney, and judging by the fact that there were no new faces at the morning skate, and the fact that the same trio—Ryan Hollweg, Colton Orr, and Thomas Pock—stayed on the ice late, we can assume the Rangers will ice the same lineup tonight.

That said, for Nylander to miss two days in a row is evidence that he’s not 100 percent. But he’s a warrior, so we can expect to see the usual circle backs into the neutral zone tonight.

Some more clarifications are in order:

# I said the Rangers had only two remaining call-ups. That was only true as long as the Wolf Pack were still playing. But now that the Rangers’ AHL affiliate has been eliminated, they can use as many of those players as they want.

With that in mind, Al Montoya, Alex Bourret, Dane Byers, Nigel Dawes, Brandon Dubinsky, Jarkko Immonen, Hugh Jessiman, David Liffiton, Greg Moore, and Hannu Pikkkarainen have all been recalled.

None skated with the big club today, and as of now, they’ll skate separately unless Renney is contemplating incorporating some into the lineup.

And speaking of prospects, Marc Staal continues to impress in the OHL playoffs. His Subdury team was supposed to bow out early, but Staal is one of the major reasons they’re still alive.

# The old man just called a little while ago to tell me does have Versus after all. I know this was bothering many of you, so thanks for your continued support.

OK, big one tonight. Bigger than big, actually. I’ll have more from the Garden later…

Nylander ailing?

May

Michael Nylander is said to be battling the flu and was not on the ice for the morning skate. I’ll have more on that in a bit.

Also, the Rangers recalled 10 players from Hartford to serve as a tazi squad. Among them: Brandon Dubinsky, Nigel Dawes, David Liffiton, Hugh Jessiman, and Al Montoya.

The full list and more later…
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    5 hours kids ,,my stomach is turning

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!!!!!!
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    NY PJ1 wrote:

you're not nervous are you????????

thank god for DVR for me.......

looking forward to another great game.
    F'n_Circus wrote:
    you're not nervous are you????????

thank god for DVR for me.......

looking forward to another great game.

nervous isn't the right word

well alittle ,, but just so amped up it makes me sick

until the game starts then im a fucking wreck lol

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!
    NY PJ1 wrote:

i'm heading out in about a half hour, should be in the area by four...
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    i'm heading out in about a half hour, should be in the area by four...

UR GOING EARLY TODAY EH??

im trying to get out of work by 4 today
    but like i said its my late day
    so i prob. will be rushing as usual

hopefully be in msg by 630

ur gonna be in the corner as usual?
    ill try and make it there
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    or the comp.. red u can watch on nhl.com if u want

i thought it was only half of cablevision that didnt get it
    now people are telling me alot of different cable operators dont get it

i dont understand it
    after just moving to brooklyn,,i knew some of brooklyn is cablevision ,,i sweated till i found out i was still time warner

XMAN WE NEED SOME BLOGS

and bathy ,,u go back to work and i haven't talked to u in a minute
    freaking work crap

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!

i heard if you have digital service thru cablevision , then you're set .

its only the analog service thru Cablevision that might not carry the Versus channel . :rolleyes:

this is supposed to expose your sport to more fans ?
    :confused:
    fucking asshats.
    :rolleyes:
    tonight is huge-
    you fellas are lucky to be attending , - i am a little jealous .
    :eek:

Hockey Bird

Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Semis
    If Sunday's exciting win did nothing else, it guaranteed that Madison Square Garden will be a madhouse tonight.

The Rangers will try to even the series up this evening and ensure that they return to "The World's Most Famous Arena" at least one more time this season. They will try to continue their push through the playoffs, Gary Bettman's "small market legacy" and the NHL officials be damned.

You will rarely find me complaining about the officiating on this website, but I just wanted to clear something up. In the midst of the debates regarding the blown calls and the goal-reversals, several members of the media (including Filip Bondy and Mike Francesa) have asserted that the NHL is dying to have the Rangers move on in the postseason, therefore making any notion of bias ridiculous.

Bull. Gary Bettman's legacy is over-expansion and attempts at small market development. That's it, period. Back in 1994, the NHL was riding an all-time high after Mark Messier and the Rangers won the Stanley Cup. How did Bettman try to capitalize on the momentum? By locking out the players over issues on how help the small market franchises. Then the league does nothing while the rules become bent to allow the New Jersey Devils, a team that couldn't draw flies if it were covered in feces, gain incredible success utilizing a system the brought the game to a boring, grinding halt.

Fast forward to 2004, and Bettman kills an entire season to implement a salary cap that helps the previously bankrupt Buffalo Sabres and all of the other "small fries" in the league. Bettman is rewarded with a Carolina Hurricane - Edmonton Oiler final. This year was all about saving Pittsburgh and its darling, Sidney Crosby.

If anyone is to suggest that Gary and "his league" give a crap about the New York Rangers, they are sadly mistaken. If there were any kind of bias or disproportion of calls, don't ever assume that the league would step in because they "need" the Rangers to do well.

A Buffalo/San Jose Stanley Cup final is a Gary Bettman wet dream.

Ok, enough of that, there is a HUGE game tonight, am I'm pumped. Here's the news:

NY Post: The Rangers are growing up in a hurry in this tournament. They play with a maturity beyond their collective experience. Nowhere is that better exemplified than by the work turned in by the defense pair of 23-year-old sophomore Fedor Tyutin and his 23-year-old freshman partner Dan Girardi.

NY Daily News: On their seventh try this season, the Rangers proved they actually could win a hockey game from the Buffalo Sabres. Tonight at the Garden, in the crucial Game 4, we'll get a better idea of whether that is all the Rangers proved, or if they can win four out of seven against a team that had beaten them six straight times before Sunday.

The Journal News: The day after, there were no forwards walking trance-like through the dressing room, no defensemen passed out on the training table. Instead, the day after the Rangers survived nearly 97 minutes of teeth-clenching hockey, there might have been even more life in them than ever before.

NY Newsday: In this case, familiarity might breed not contempt but attempt: Although they're up 2-1 in the best-of-seven Eastern Conference semifinals, the Sabres could show some new wrinkles in Game 4 tonight at Madison Square Garden.

The Rodent prepares for the match.

Tonight, it's the Rangers and Sabres in Game 4. The puck drops at 7:00 pm EST.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!

[size=+3] - _/ _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    UR GOING EARLY TODAY EH??

im trying to get out of work by 4 today
    but like i said its my late day
    so i prob. will be rushing as usual

hopefully be in msg by 630

ur gonna be in the corner as usual?
    ill try and make it there

yes, i'll be there.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    best of 3 baby

Henrik definitely made things...um interesting at the end, though.

Rangahs in 6
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    henrik- you are absolutely awesome inside the net.

Please, stay in there !

5 dollars a seat , for the Ranger Viewing party at MSG this Friday Night ?
    That sounds like alot of fun- just like a home game, except its on the road. Along with 18,000 other fanatics- Hmmmmm

Best Of 3 baby - How Sweet it is !

Heave Ho , 2 to go .

[size=+10] - _/ _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
    Wahhhhhhhhhhhh

touchdown
    platessmall.jpg
    that shit was a goal u fucks.

the nhl is the only professional sports league that would allow such uncertainty effect the outcome of any game, let alone a playoff game.

f'n ponderous!
    long red wrote:
    that shit was a goal u fucks.

the nhl is the only professional sports league that would allow such uncertainty effect the outcome of any game, let alone a playoff game.

f'n ponderous!

inconclusive

so was Rachuneks, so now we can move on from that.

:)

platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Wahhhhhhhhhhhh

touchdown
    I swear the fish was THIS big
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    henrik- you are absolutely awesome inside the net.
    so you agree it was a goal?????

that's the way you want your team to win, to be given the game by incompetent officials?????
    F'n_Circus wrote:

that's the way you want your team to win, to be given the game by incompetent officials?????
    video replay did not show the puck completely crossing the line....light didn't come on, no ref pointing at the goal, etc, etc. It can only be ASSUMED it went in, hence no goal
    F'n_Circus wrote:

you forgot the second part of the statement, i said stay inside there ( he is no puck handler )

i agree it was definitely inconclusive to turn over the onice call- ( didnt see any white in between the puck and the red goal line - in all the replays )

i 'll take the win, would you want your team to win by the call ?

maybe if buffalo didnt depend on that on or off ice call ,.... ( like maybe find the twine a little earlier in the game :confused: , other then with 17 seconds left ) , it wouldnt have been an issue . ( even Ruff said the same thing in his post game interview )

platessmall.jpg
    Viewing Party For Game 5

skating, too !
    JOIN US FOR A GAME 5 VIEWING PARTY AT THE GARDEN

American Express® presents a Special NY Rangers Viewing Party of Game 5 of the Eastern Conference SemiFinals vs. the Buffalo Sabres this Friday, May 4th at Madison Square Garden.
    Don't miss this unique opportunity to watch the Blueshirts take on the Buffalo Sabres LIVE from Buffalo on GardenVision with Rangers Alumni Adam Graves and Rod Gilbert and fellow Rangers fans. Giveaways, lockeroom tours, contests, prizes and much more

Tickets are $10 and will be available beginning Wednesday, May 2 at 9:00 am via Ticketmaster.com and at The Garden Box Office. Fans will be limited to a maximum of four (4) tickets.

Are you an American Express Cardmember?
    Cardmembers get FREE admission to the Viewing Party -- just click here.

Special opportunity
    Always wanted to skate on The Garden ice? A very limited amount of tickets available for an exclusive American Express Rangers Skating Party at 6:00 pm on The Garden Ice.**

**Please note that you must bring your own skates. Skate rentals not available. Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by adult. All participants will be required to sign a release form. No hockey sticks or pucks permitted on the ice. Must arrive 30 minutes prior to skate time. Skating Session is scheduled from 6:00 to 6:45 p.m.
    platessmall.jpg
  • BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    GOAL......... oh wait ........... bs call comin ......yup .....no goal .......bs
    enjoy it blueshirts

LETS GO BUFFALO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11