B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    you forgot the second part of the statement, i said stay inside there ( he is no puck handler )

i agree it was definitely inconclusive to turn over the onice call- ( didnt see any white in between the puck and the red goal line - in all the replays )

i 'll take the win, would you want your team to win by the call ?

maybe if buffalo didnt depend on that on or off ice call ,.... ( like maybe find the twine a little earlier in the game :confused: , other then with 17 seconds left ) , it wouldnt have been an issue . ( even Ruff said the same thing in his post game interview )
    well that was my own evil twist to your words.........gimme something tonight, geez.

take the win, I would. and you're right, those lovable bastards played like crap for two and a half periods, FUCKING AGAIN!

I don't think it will be that way in Buffalo.

Plus the ice will be better (I can't believe you Rags lost the recipe for ice)
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,132
    HOLY SHIT!!!

One of the best games I have ever been to!!

Henrik saved their ass so many god damn times...I counted 10 GREAT saves, 5 of those being 5 of the most amazing saves I've seen Henrik make
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • BUFFALO wrote:
    GOAL......... oh wait ........... bs call comin ......yup .....no goal .......bs
    enjoy it blueshirts

LETS GO BUFFALO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you're thinking of game 3... but the rangers still won that one too.
    "The sun is shining, but not for me."
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,234
    wow, i can exhale now. that was amazing. this keeps getting better and better.

some of the quotes:

BOB HALL - supervisor of officials for the series:

"We review all the angles that are provided to us up in our video replay booth. We communicate with the on-ice officials and we also communicate with the war room in Toronto. What we're looking for it either confirmation what the call is on the ice or we have to have a conclusive picture of the puck being in the net. It's what we're looking for in this case because the on-ice ruling was no goal. They hadn't seen the puck in the net. It has to be definitive. We looked and looked and looked. No replay that we have seen shows it definitely crossing the goal line.

LINDY RUFF:

"We intially had the TSN (Canadian TV) guys there next to the bench saying it crossed the line, so we were pretty confident that we had a goal. I believe I've seen a replay where it's in. The only thing you hope with video replay is that you get it right. That's why you go to it and we've had some lengthy video reviews. I think from what I saw it was a goal.

"I thought we had good opportunities. Even after we made it 2-1, Vanek was in alone to get his opportunity. There's not going to be a lot of opportunities just it's better than getting four or five shots a period and I thought we did a better job in that category. If you look at the chances in the third period, it's probably eight to one or eight to two by our count, so we knew we'd have to weather a little bit of a storm at the start of the game.

"We're in a helluva series. Don't forget, they were one of the best teams down the stretch. They swept Atlanta and not for a minute did I anticipate that this would not be a tight series.

TOM RENNEY:

"That's hockey. I looked at it when I got back into the room. I can understand why it was inconclusive. It was a very close play.

"I think we are certainly capable of playing with Buffalo at their speed especially when we move pucks ourselves and counter attack off what they have a tendency to leave. Most teams are like that when they are behind. Buffalo is just a real good team and they can get goals in bunches and we are cognizant of that. We hung in there and the guys are doing a great job. They are finding ways to get the little things done. It is not always pretty but I am not sure anyone was counting on us to be 2-2 after four games with Buffalo.

DANIEL BRIERE:

"Everybody is saying that it crossed the line. I guess it was really close. In a sense, I'm hoping that the league is right. I think they misjudged the one, last game, the Rangers goal should have been a goal. So for the sake of the league, I hope they make the right call because that wouldn't be good, to have two games in a row and two critical goals disallowed.

"To be honest with you on the ice, it happened so quick and my first reaction was I that was asking Bill McCreary if he thought it was in because I knew it was really close and they were trying to delay a little bit to give the goal judge upstairs or in Toronto the chance to go down and look at it over again.

"But I couldn't see it. It happened too quick. I was kind of on the side of the post or behind the net. I couldn't see it.

"I would have treated it like a no goal and we have to move on and get ready for the next game. It's a big loss but at the same time we can't dwell on it too long. It's over and we have to move on.

JAROMIR JAGR:

"We played good for 50 minutes and then the last minutes were a headache. It was awful. We were lucky we won.

"It is good. We haven't accomplished anything. We just tied the series, 2-2. I am happy about the win but I am not happy with the last 10 minutes of the game. We have to be smarter.

"Of course we knew we could play (with Buffalo), but we cannot make mistakes. I think we got excited when we got the two goal led. We were too excited and they scored right away. It wasn't the first time it happened this season.

"I thought we played better (than them) for 50 minutes. We made some mistakes the last 10 minutes. As soon as they score goals, they start skating. They are a great hockey club. When they score goals they get a lot of confidence and they were very dangerous after that. We have to make sure when we have a two-goal lead that we play the same way we played with a one-goal lead.

Ryan Miller
    We needed a little desperation. Unfortunately, it took two goals. It's a little frustrating because you can see where the guys are starting to get things going. But there's moments where I think we're not doing everything we can be doing. I think we definitely play the way we did in the third period.
    It comes down to little things. I think we keep saying it. (Now) we got to deliver it. We can play better.
    It seems like for whatever reason we have to have something go right for us in order to get our feet moving. …. A goal goes in and suddenly it's like, 'oh yeah, we can do that.' We got to get that momentum out of our game and just play.
    We have to battle and claw and scratch. The good thing is was (when it) got to two (goals) we played.
    "I haven't had an opportunity to look. You guys (media) can make your own judgement on it. You guys can watch the replay and write about that way because whatever we say it's either going to get us in trouble or it's going to be not worth our time. The game's over, they made their ruling. We got to move forward and get back to Buffalo.
    LUNDQVIST:

"I just feel I'm so late. I think it bounced it a little bit. I just felt I was late, I have to get over there. It's close.

"I'm exhausted but it's a nice feeling to be back in the series. The way we played today, it was great to see. how we managed the puck. The last 10 minutes was a little panic out there and they were flying out there but we just battled and it paid off in the end.

"Obviously they are going to come hard there. They wanted to tie the game. Unfortunately for us, they scored that goal right away. It felt really bad to give them that one. I think we got a bit nervous there and maybe we started to back up a little bit. It was a tough finish but we got the win. We're going to have to go to Buffalo and have to win at least one game up there and it will be a great challenge for us.

"Mentally I got ready for a 2-2 game. It's easier to switch back if it is still 2-1. But if it's 2-2, mentally you've got to be ready for it. I felt like it was a save when I made it but when I looked at the replay, I wasn't so sure anymore. But it was, a great finish to this game and just how hockey should be.

"I wasn't surprised. I was relieved. When I made the save it felt pretty good. When I watched the replay, I wasn't so sure. What can you do? You just waited and watched the ref.

Brendan Shanahan:

"Obviously we had solid control. We took the 2-0 lead and it was that shift after that goal. We have shifts to talk about. Momentum builders, last minute of the period, first minute of the period, shifts after a goal, we have to sharpen up there. We certainly took a team that was maybe on the outside looking in and gave them an opportunity to tie it up. Overall, I think we deserve to win. I think we played hard. They battled hard. It is certainly not a game that we stole. It is a game that we earned.

'We've really earned the victories. It's been a hard fought series. We respect them. They earned home ice. The won the President's Trophy. They know they're in a series now. We're not backing up. We're not playing cautiously. We're forchecking and skating hard."

BLAIR BETTS:

"I think for the last three games we have definitely proved it (we can play with the Sabres). Maybe we were a little bit rusty or whatever you want to call it but we weren't as good as we have been the last three games. Definitely the last two games we have been as good as we have been all year. I think for the most part we have outplayed this team. Now it is just a matter of keeping that going and going up to Buffalo, which is a tough a is just a matte rof keeping that going and going up to Buffalo, which is a tough as building to win in and we haven't done that yet. It is going to be a tough challenge.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    my interpretation and i could be totally off base here. but having seen it at least 10 times on replay, my amateur guess is that the red line, puck and lundqvist's pad all met at the same time, which is why it wasn't a goal.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    [size=+10] - _/ _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ \_ - [/size]
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,132
    my interpretation and i could be totally off base here. but having seen it at least 10 times on replay, my amateur guess is that the red line, puck and lundqvist's pad all met at the same time, which is why it wasn't a goal.

Personally I thought it was a goal looking at the replay, but I think what the real answer is, is that the ENTIRE puck wasnt OVER the line, I would say I kind of agree, but you can't really tell, so in that case without enough evidence...no goal
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    Personally I thought it was a goal looking at the replay, but I think what the real answer is, is that the ENTIRE puck wasnt OVER the line, I would say I kind of agree, but you can't really tell, so in that case without enough evidence...no goal

exactly

no matter how close it MAY have been, there was no visual white between the puck and the goal line.
    inconclusive enough to not over turn the on ice call.

platessmall.jpg
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,841
    HOLY SHIT!!!

One of the best games I have ever been to!!

Henrik saved their ass so many god damn times...I counted 10 GREAT saves, 5 of those being 5 of the most amazing saves I've seen Henrik make

He also made arguably one of the dumbest plays in NHL playoff history. Gave me a freakin' heart attack.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    this problem has to be fixed....it is an embarrassment to the league and to those of us who waste our time watching this farce. regardless of who won...i'll give it to the Rangers, i hate em, but they've fought hard to get back into this series. BUT....we cannot have these games decided in this fashion. the nhl is about 10 years behind the times....get a CONCLUSIVE camera shot in the goal. There are ways of being sure a goal is either a goal or not a goal. Better camera shots for one....another way, a little crazier...would be to have something in the puck that automatically sets the red light off. put a computer chip in the puck that sets off a signal when it completely crosses the line.

seriously, year after year after year, the NHL makes itself looks stupid by blinding itself to any potential advancements. maybe people dont watch because of incidents like this and many others. it is REtarded.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,841
    long red wrote:
    this problem has to be fixed....it is an embarrassment to the league and to those of us who waste our time watching this farce. regardless of who won...i'll give it to the Rangers, i hate em, but they've fought hard to get back into this series. BUT....we cannot have these games decided in this fashion. the nhl is about 10 years behind the times....get a CONCLUSIVE camera shot in the goal. There are ways of being sure a goal is either a goal or not a goal. Better camera shots for one....another way, a little crazier...would be to have something in the puck that automatically sets the red light off. put a computer chip in the puck that sets off a signal when it completely crosses the line.

seriously, year after year after year, the NHL makes itself looks stupid by blinding itself to any potential advancements. maybe people dont watch because of incidents like this and many others. it is REtarded.

I think people don't watch because they can't find the games on TV. ;)
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    it wasn't a goal ,,, just like game 3

were back,, i think i might have a heart attack though

its almost at the point where its not fun for me
    i stand there like a nervous wreck,, i need heavy medication

BUT HOW SWEET IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL HAIL KING HENRIK !!,,,please stay in the dam net

solid effort again,,cept for the last 10 minutes like jags said

also in the 2nd peiod for about 5-7 minutes they were flying
    we cant run and gun with them ,,gotta get it deep and make them go 200 ft

and the icing;s at the end,, avery and tyutin ,,thats no good dudes
    at least u were 9 of 13 on the faceoffs

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!!!!!!
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Well lookie here. A best of three series now.

So now that Buffalo is crying about the refs can everybody just shut the fuck up and play the game? ;) Posters note: This is not just for this series.
    You've changed your place in this world!
    what makes it even better is i def. get away from my girl on sunday for game 6 !!!

gotta take advantage of these free days ;)

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!
  • orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    what makes it even better is i def. get away from my girl on sunday for game 6 !!!
    gotta take advantage of these free days ;)
    LET'S GO RANGER'S!!

see you're happy now...but to be honest i'm alittle worried about you man...i think ur setting yourself up for a huge letdown. surround yourself with friends and stay away from that edge.
    Jam out with your clam out.
    long red wrote:
    see you're happy now...but to be honest i'm alittle worried about you man...i think ur setting yourself up for a huge letdown. surround yourself with friends and stay away from that edge.

YEA RED,,ITS MORE OF A JOKE than anything
    but it is nice to get away for a day and hang w/ the boyz
    xman i forgot my phone last night

i saw ur calls when i got home
    bring your phone for game six.. i have a postseason guide for you..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    ummmmmmmm

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!
    Blueshirt Bulletin

May 02, 2007

Conclusive Evidence: Not a Goal

This just in: conclusive evidence that Daniel Briere did not score a goal in the closing seconds of last night's game. Take a look at the photo in the New York Post (link below under game reports). Make note of where Briere's stick is with the puck already on Henrik Lundqvist's pads. Then check the video and see where the puck is when Briere's stick is in that same position -- it hasn't yet crossed the line. The so-called grey area between when the puck goes out of sight and when Lundqvist gets his pad on it and kicks it out is now explained -- there is no grey area, Lundqvist gets the puck at that exact moment when it is still on the line. The Post photographer, acting like the second shooter in the grassy knoll, provides the missing link -- it was not a goal.

There is another sure way to know that it was not a goal, based not on visual evidence but on common sense -- only one person had a perfect view of what happened from close up: Briere. Look at the tape and watch how close he is, where he's looking, and the angle he has. If he saw the puck over the line, he would be howling about being robbed, not saying that the replay official might have made the right call.

As for comparisons between this call and the Rachunek goal -- apples and orangutans. The call on Rachunek was a judgement call by replay officials that inproperly applies the stringent criteria of "distinct" in assessing the kicking motion and "conclusive" in evaluating the evidence of a kick. There was no controversy on that call other than it being wrong -- everyone, including Briere, agrees that the call was wrong. On Briere's goal, there was no judgement made in the application of "conclusive" evidence -- everyone agrees that there was none, and that conjecture is not allowed. The only controversy is whether there were enough camera angles to make sure that all the evidence was available. Ironically, had MSG covered the game instead of the godawful Versus, those extra angles would have been available.

NY Post Report
    rangers.jpg

the announcers last night were so dreadfully obviously rooting for the Sabres.
    Fuck that-

anytime the Sabres had action, they were more lively and alot louder , as opposed to if it was the Rangers , they were just average .

That Benninnitti guy is horrible ( i wouldnt be suprised if he was the regular season play by play guy for the Sabres - but this i do not know for sure ) but it wouldnt be a shock if he was ..:rolleyes:

Let Sam on that Vs, or even Kenny Albert. :rolleyes:

Fuck - give us Mike " Doc " Emeric the rest of the way .

platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Blueshirt Bulletin

May 02, 2007

Conclusive Evidence: Not a Goal

This just in: conclusive evidence that Daniel Briere did not score a goal in the closing seconds of last night's game. Take a look at the photo in the New York Post (link below under game reports). Make note of where Briere's stick is with the puck already on Henrik Lundqvist's pads. Then check the video and see where the puck is when Briere's stick is in that same position -- it hasn't yet crossed the line. The so-called grey area between when the puck goes out of sight and when Lundqvist gets his pad on it and kicks it out is now explained -- there is no grey area, Lundqvist gets the puck at that exact moment when it is still on the line. The Post photographer, acting like the second shooter in the grassy knoll, provides the missing link -- it was not a goal.

There is another sure way to know that it was not a goal, based not on visual evidence but on common sense -- only one person had a perfect view of what happened from close up: Briere. Look at the tape and watch how close he is, where he's looking, and the angle he has. If he saw the puck over the line, he would be howling about being robbed, not saying that the replay official might have made the right call.

As for comparisons between this call and the Rachunek goal -- apples and orangutans. The call on Rachunek was a judgement call by replay officials that inproperly applies the stringent criteria of "distinct" in assessing the kicking motion and "conclusive" in evaluating the evidence of a kick. There was no controversy on that call other than it being wrong -- everyone, including Briere, agrees that the call was wrong. On Briere's goal, there was no judgement made in the application of "conclusive" evidence -- everyone agrees that there was none, and that conjecture is not allowed. The only controversy is whether there were enough camera angles to make sure that all the evidence was available. Ironically, had MSG covered the game instead of the godawful Versus, those extra angles would have been available.

NY Post Report
    rangers.jpg

the announcers last night were so dreadfully obviously rooting for the Sabres.
    Fuck that-

anytime the Sabres had action, they were more lively and alot louder , as opposed to if it was the Rangers , they were just average .

That Benninnitti guy is horrible ( i wouldnt be suprised if he was the regular season play by play guy for the Sabres - but this i do not know for sure ) but it wouldnt be a shock if he was ..:rolleyes:

Let Sam on that Vs, or even Kenny Albert. :rolleyes:

Fuck - give us Mike " Doc " Emeric the rest of the way .

glad to see that they finally got a reporter on TOP of the net to take a true picture, not some angle picture.....

and as far as Briere not celebrating, its because he was face down on the ice after being hit....but at least he's being realistic and saying it was close. see, he doesn't think everyone is out to get him or hates him.

and the announcers were horrible, i agree, but they were sabres bias??? you have to be kidding me with that. you were watching the game on Versus, correct? they were so homer for the Rangers that Kenny should have been calling the game.
    F'n_Circus wrote:
    glad to see that they finally got a reporter on TOP of the net to take a true picture, not some angle picture.....

and as far as Briere not celebrating, its because he was face down on the ice after being hit....but at least he's being realistic and saying it was close. see, he doesn't think everyone is out to get him or hates him.

and the announcers were horrible, i agree, but they were sabres bias??? you have to be kidding me with that. you were watching the game on Versus, correct? they were so homer for the Rangers that Kenny should have been calling the game.

i agree on much of what you say ,
    except that the Benninnitti guy almost creamed his pants , ( in fact - i think he may have ) after the Sabes responded 30 something seconds after Shannys goal . ( unless that was the slushy MSG ice i heard on the TV and not his jism explosion .)
    platessmall.jpg
    unless he's changed jobs, bennati does capitals games..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    Hockey Rodent

It did not have to be so dramatic. But when Henrik Lundqvist wandered out behind his own net and then paused there.
    p50104.jpg

It appeared as if Henke intended to play the puck, but at the very last moment received instructions from Karel Rachunek (23) to leave the pill.

Which is fine if you're going to get to it first(ly).

p50105.jpg

But Brian Campbell uses his speed to cut in front of Rachunek. The Sabre steals the puck.
    p50106.jpg

Now one thing nobody mentions is that Campbell reaches out with his right paw to haul himself around Rachunek. Though that call is never made.

Here, you see Campbell's feed to Daniel Briere (48) while Henke continues to gawk.

p50107.jpg

The problem I have is why did Lundqvist stand there mesmerized for so long before he makes a move to return to his crease?

This is what Henke must answer to his teammates for.

If Henrik goes straight to his crease without delay there's no video review. Instead it becomes a race to see whether Briere can reverse direction faster than the Ranger netminder can.

p50108.jpg

p50108.jpg
    p50109.jpg
    p50101.jpg
    p50103.jpg
    p50102.jpg
    p50111.jpg
    p50112.jpg
    Frankly, Sabre fans have a right to gripe on Wednesday. They lost this call because there weren't enough camera angles to overrule the on-ice wave-off.

While I cannot say for certain whether the puck did completely cross the red line - I saw enough of a traverse to tell you the Rangers caught a break.

- _/ _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ \_ -
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i agree on much of what you say ,
    except that the Benninnitti guy almost creamed his pants , ( in fact - i think he may have ) after the Sabes responded 30 something seconds after Shannys goal . ( unless that was the slushy MSG ice i heard on the TV and not his jism explosion .)
    yeah, I think it was overboard.

me......a simple screaming of "It's about fucking time" would have been fine
    Blueshirt Bulletin

May 03, 2007

Rangers Send Sabres a Wake-Up Call

Can a good team turn it on when it has to? The Rangers insisted for years that they were a good team who could do so, but when they tried, it was always too late (and never worked anyway). Now, after easing past the Islanders without playing their A game, and getting away with a pair of series opening wins against the Rangers despite not playing their best thanks mostly to the Rangers' own mistakes, and an assist from the refs in Game 1, the Sabres are starting to worry.

No longer dismissing the Rangers or puffing up their own chests, they are now talking about being in a war, knowing they would end up in a tight series, having to pick up their game for fear of losing, and being the team to make the reactive coaching moves in response to the more proactive Rangers. When the series resumes Friday in Buffalo, we will get to see if the Sabres are a good enough team to turn it on when they have to. They will have Maxim Afinogenov back on the ice after Lindy Ruff took the extraordinary step in Game 4 of benching his second leading scorer (in terms of points per game).

As much as the Sabres and most other observers want to put the video replay controversy behind them, with a two-day break before Game 5, there was little else for reporters to write about. So if you remain interested, see the Post, Times, MSG.com here and here, Buffalo News, USA Today, and ESPN.com, where Damien Cox suggests that the NHL has bigger problems to worry about than blown goal calls. Other Ranger-related news can be found in the Daily News, Journal News, Newsday, Star-Ledger, and CP. Other Sabre-related news, including much of the fodder used above, can be found in the Buffalo News here and here, NHL.com, and the Globe and Mail. Congrats to our friend Bruce Vance of the Prince Albert Raiders for winning the WHL's top award for team communication directors. Ryan Russell's twin brother Kris was named WHL MVP as well as top defenseman. Finally, a story about a Ranger fan who takes the jinx too far.

only 27 hours to go !

:eek:

- _/ _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ \_ -
    platessmall.jpg
    Outside The Garden
    Game 4
    Forward Lines
    Hossa-Nylander-Jagr
    Avery-Straka-Shanahan
    Prucha-Cullen-Callahan
    Isbister-Betts-Ortmeyer
    Defensive Pairings
    Rozsival-Malik
    Tyutin-Girardi
    Mara-Rachunek
    Goaltending
    Lundqvist
    Valiquette
    Scratches
    Hollweg - Healthy
    Orr - Healthy
    Ozolinsh - Injured (IR)
    Pöck - Healthy
    Strudwick - Ineligible for playoffs
    Weekes - Injured

It's never easy with the Rangers this season. With 17.1 seconds to go, Henrik Lundqvist and Karel Rachunek had a mix-up behind the net that gave Daniel Briere a chance to tie the game at 2-2. The play eventually went to Toronto for the review, but after approximately five minutes the call came down -- No Goal.
    Lundqvist wasn't troubled for the remainder of the game and an important second win has given the series new life heading back to Buffalo tied at two. As has been the case throughout the series it was the veterans leading from the front. Jaromir Jagr and Brendan Shanahan scored goals on the power play, and 2006 Cup Winner Matt Cullen continues to skate and forecheck hard in the post season.

Shanahan's goal was proof positive to his value to the team in his twilight years, a veteran play in a pressure situation that he cashed in on and gave the Rangers the buffer that they ultimately needed.

King Henrik's adventures in the waning seconds aside, the Rangers were once again solid in their own zone denying the Sabres for the better part of the first 50 minutes of the game. Both teams used pressure to give the puck carrier little time, but it was ultimately the Rangers who generated more turnovers in all three zones. It wasn't until Shanahan scored to make it 2-0 that the Sabres finally got their game going. Kotalik scored thirty seconds after Shanahan's tally and the Sabres spent much of the remaining ten minutes playing in the Rangers zone.

It was a slow start for both teams as they spent much of the first twenty minutes playing a cautious game. Neither goalie was too troubled through the first period, but a late penalty drawn by Jaromir Jagr set the Rangers up for a quick start in the second. With the Rangers starting the second period on the man advantage Jaromir Jagr attempted to re-direct a Michael Nylander pass to the weak side, instead the puck caromed off of a Sabre blueliner and into the net.

Another thirty minutes later in the game and the Rangers were back on the power play when Matt Cullen found a wide open Brendan Shanahan just a couple of feet outside the goal crease and no defense nearby. The veteran scorer out waited Miller and gave the MSG faithful plenty to cheer about, slotting it by the Sabres netminder to make it 2-0.

The Sabres came right back with some offensive pressure and Kotalik got their only goal off of a change-up from the slot that only just beat Lundqvist.

In the post game comments Lindy Ruff gave the Rangers credit for being a good team, though he was understandably disappointed about the ruling on the late no-goal. Daniel Briere was more circumspect though he said that he felt that Rachunek's disallowed goal in Game 3 should've been a goal and that he hoped the league hadn't made a second straight critical mistake.

The Rangers' captain wasn't too happy about the final ten minutes of the game, saying that it "gave him a headache", and said the team needed to learn from their mistakes.

GAME NOTES:
    Jaromir Jagr moved into 15th place all time with his 71st NHL playoff goal. Brendan Shanahan now leads all Rangers in the playoffs with his 5th goal of the post season. The Rangers scored two power play goals, and are now ranked third amongst playoff teams. They're also now ranked third on the PK.

The Rangers remain the only team left in the playoffs who are perfect on home ice. Buffalo had been the only team perfect on the road until Game 3 and has now lost two in a row on the ice. The Sabres found themselves losing a 2-0 series lead last year against the Flyers, and ended up winning the series 4-2 and are perhaps back in familiar territory.

TURNING POINT:
    It wasn't until Bill McCreary waved "no goal" that the Rangers faithful let out a sigh of relief, but perhaps the turning point was the several saves that Lundqvist made immediately after the Sabres scored.

WHO STOOD OUT:
    Lundqvist extended his home winning streak to nine straight games and his GAA actually went up despite stopping all but one shot. Jaromr Jagr's play continues to be a step above that in the regular season, Matt Cullen also continues to play hard and it seems only a matter of time before he scores a goal.

WHO DIDN'T:
    Hard to single anyone out in this game, but perhaps the pairing of Malik and Rozsival was a little more susceptible to the Buffalo forecheck than some of the other blueliners. Sean Avery appeared to be forcing the puck a little too much and had a few too many turnovers
    platessmall.jpg
    besides being a great player, jaromir jagr is pretty funny, here's the latest installment of the jagr comedy hour:

courtesy of the journal news:

If there’s a reason you want this season to continue it’s for the ongoing stand-up routine by Jaromir Jagr. Today’s entry: A very optimistically dressed Steve Zipay asks the Rangers captain if he can name a horse in the Kentucky Derby. Jagr replies, “Barbaro.” Then we tell Jagr that Barbaro is actually dead. Jagr responds, “There’s only one horse. It’s me.” Later I asked Jagr about having to win a game in Buffalo to win the series. “And one here,” he said. “It’s easy. Even a caveman can do it.”
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    besides being a great player, jaromir jagr is pretty funny, here's the latest installment of the jagr comedy hour:

courtesy of the journal news:

If there’s a reason you want this season to continue it’s for the ongoing stand-up routine by Jaromir Jagr. Today’s entry: A very optimistically dressed Steve Zipay asks the Rangers captain if he can name a horse in the Kentucky Derby. Jagr replies, “Barbaro.” Then we tell Jagr that Barbaro is actually dead. Jagr responds, “There’s only one horse. It’s me.” Later I asked Jagr about having to win a game in Buffalo to win the series. “And one here,” he said. “It’s easy. Even a caveman can do it.”

hahaha

So Easy
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    hahaha

So Easy

haha, dynamite drop-in. anyone going to msg to watch game five, i'd go but i'm at the yankee game tommorow for work..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024