B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    does he mean scott stevens??

anyway yes he sucks

Hockey Rodent

disclaimer added :
    Note: Several people asked what the "joke" was in today's rant when I mentioned "Kevin Stevens" instead of "Scott Stevens" as a grizzly bluelilner for the Devils.

There was no joke intended. 'Twas nothing more sinister than a case of mush-brain at 1:00 AM local and the resulting slip of the fingers as my eyes glazed over and lids began to droop.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    jagr chokes again, thats all im saying

moster78 wrote:
    Seems like everyone has a wiki page these days.
    hell even i have one
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

jagr chokes again, thats all im saying

dude

i gave credit to the dubi-dubi-doo munchkin guy in nets ,

but go ahead and take a guess what team Jagr has the most points against in his illustrious career ?

OK, so this year against the Isles was extrmely slow with only 4 goals and 4 assists, but go ahead and look in your NHL record books .

Not to even mention the shot by Jagr was the closest out of the 3 NYR shooters ( i still say Cullen should have shot in lieu of Shanny , but thats just my opinion ), and it just missed going in . To say he choked, thats like saying the Tomahawk Simon incident was an accident. :rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Good luck in the playoffs. Very dissapointed my Canes failed to make the playoffs, but I'll still be watching. How can you not watch the NHL playoffs? Just gotta figure out who to pull for now.
    Brian
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    NCBRI wrote:
    Good luck in the playoffs. Very dissapointed my Canes failed to make the playoffs, but I'll still be watching. How can you not watch the NHL playoffs? Just gotta figure out who to pull for now.

THANK YOU GO HEELS
    Hockey Bird

Should we worry?

Last night was the time to do it. This team HAD to clinch last night to save all of us a week's worth of indigestion. The Islanders had a severely battered defense, and were without Mr. Fifteen-Years in net.

So now what? Well, one more point still clinches for the Rangers, and they can still back into the playoffs if Toronto loses one of its two remaining games. But now the Rangers have to attempt to earn that point against a red-hot Montreal team that is playing for their postseason lives, and a Penguin team that may be vying for a division title and home ice advantage.

Not to harp on the negatives, but why, in the name of everything good and holy, is Tom Renney benching Petr Prucha in favor of Ryan Hollweg and/or Colton Orr? Both of those tough guys were absolutely useless last night. And correct me if I am wrong, but if it is physicality Renney was looking for, didn't Prucha have an intense forechecking game against the Maple Leafs the other night? A coach who has any idea what he is doing DOES NOT BENCH A 20-GOAL SCORER in a game against a beat up team in which you absolutely need points. Perhaps there was a time in the season when you needed Ryan Hollweg to deliver some checks, but now with Avery, Shanahan, Ortmeyer, Girardi, Callahan, and Strudwick in the lineup, it is completely unnecessary to have such an offensively un-talented player like Ryan on the bench.

The other guy that really worries me coming into a possible postseason run is Marek Malik. With Tyutin and Rachunek's returns on the horizon, I pray that Malik and his slow-as-molasses skating hit the pine. Frankenmarek is the subject of today's Rodent Rant. (By the way, while I'm on it, I would much prefer Marcel Hossa over Isbister, and Dubinsky/Dawes/Immonen over Straka. I'm not suggesting any of those players are as talented as Straka, it's just that right now he's old, hurting, and not nearly as effective as he was early in the year.)

So anyway, while probability says that the Rangers will be in the postseason, nothing is guaranteed. Two losses, plus two wins from Toronto, are not completely out of the realm of possibility. Not to mention that if they do sneak into that eighth slot, they will be looking at a first round beat down at the hands of the Buffalo Sabres. It wouldn't be pretty.
    platessmall.jpg
    you couldnt make this shit up,....

this is just too funny- i hadda share it with you fellas

Ice Girls want Ranger called for slashing, spitting
    BY GREG LOGAN

chanel
    71799126_BB_1335_17F6CC66676133FF6EDE15E318BC31C0.jpg

Kelli%20shovel.jpg

Hostile behavior is expected whenever the Islanders and Rangers clash in one of the NHL's fiercest rivalries, but now Islanders' Ice Girls are involved.

According to the two women, the Rangers should be penalized for slashing, spitting and verbal abuse during television timeouts in the first period of Tuesday night's game at Nassau Coliseum, won by the Islanders, 3-2, in a shootout.

During commercial breaks, teams of three Ice Girls clean loose ice known as "snow" in the goal and the blue-painted goaltender's crease in front of the goal line. But Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist declined to move and used his stick to whack the squeegee Kelli Higgins was using to push the snow into a pile during the first TV timeout, knocking the butt end of the squeegee stick into her stomach.

"I said 'Excuse me' maybe two or three times," Higgins said Wednesday. "He didn't move and didn't say anything, so I gave up and went around him.

"The tip of my squeegee kind of hit the tip of his stick. I don't know if he thought I did that on purpose or whatever, but he took a big windup and slashed the squeegee pretty good. It startled me a little bit. It didn't feel great, but I wouldn't say I was injured or in a ton of pain. I was shocked."

The Ice Girls alternate jobs, and Chanel Benson had the squeegee during the second TV timeout. This time, a linesman told her to clean around Lundqvist but not in the crease or the net. As she was leaving the ice, Benson skated near the boards in front of both benches, which are separated only by a panel of glass located at the center red line.

"All of a sudden, my back got wet," said Benson, who was wearing a standard outfit of pants and halter top that leaves the midriff area exposed. "I believe one of the Rangers players who was sitting along the wall spit on my back. It had to be on purpose because I wasn't directly in front of anyone to spit and not realize I was there."

Two Ice Girls then notified Tim Beach, Islanders' vice president of game operations, that Benson was crying. Beach said he saw two or three small wet spots on the back of her pants. Benson already had wiped off her exposed back.

"I was disgusted and upset," Benson said. "That's why I started crying. All of a sudden, these grown men are hitting Kelli and spitting on me? It was unprofessional, and they shouldn't have done it. We're just there to do our job."

During the third TV timeout, both referees and one linesman made Lundqvist move to allow Higgins to shovel the snow out. Higgins said both Lundqvist and Rangers forward Sean Avery were using curse words "that had to do with us going around with the squeegee" in a heated exchange with the officials.

During the last two periods and the overtime, Lundqvist moved from his crease during stoppages, and there were no further incidents. The Rangers' goaltender told reporters Wednesday that he prefers to remain in the crease to maintain concentration during breaks.

When one of the referees told him to move during the second TV timeout, Lundqvist said, "For 65 games, I didn't move. But suddenly, I guess they changed the rule."

Told later Wednesday of the Ice Girls' allegations, a Rangers spokesman said Lundqvist was not available. NHL spokesman Frank Brown declined to discuss the account provided by officials to the league. Told of the Ice Girls' allegations, Brown said: "The National Hockey League expects responsible, professional conduct at all times from our on-ice personnel."
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:

BY GREG LOGAN

chanel

Kelli%20shovel.jpg

Hostile behavior is expected whenever the Islanders and Rangers clash in one of the NHL's fiercest rivalries, but now Islanders' Ice Girls are involved.

According to the two women, the Rangers should be penalized for slashing, spitting and verbal abuse during television timeouts in the first period of Tuesday night's game at Nassau Coliseum, won by the Islanders, 3-2, in a shootout.

During commercial breaks, teams of three Ice Girls clean loose ice known as "snow" in the goal and the blue-painted goaltender's crease in front of the goal line. But Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist declined to move and used his stick to whack the squeegee Kelli Higgins was using to push the snow into a pile during the first TV timeout, knocking the butt end of the squeegee stick into her stomach.

"I said 'Excuse me' maybe two or three times," Higgins said Wednesday. "He didn't move and didn't say anything, so I gave up and went around him.

"The tip of my squeegee kind of hit the tip of his stick. I don't know if he thought I did that on purpose or whatever, but he took a big windup and slashed the squeegee pretty good. It startled me a little bit. It didn't feel great, but I wouldn't say I was injured or in a ton of pain. I was shocked."

The Ice Girls alternate jobs, and Chanel Benson had the squeegee during the second TV timeout. This time, a linesman told her to clean around Lundqvist but not in the crease or the net. As she was leaving the ice, Benson skated near the boards in front of both benches, which are separated only by a panel of glass located at the center red line.

"All of a sudden, my back got wet," said Benson, who was wearing a standard outfit of pants and halter top that leaves the midriff area exposed. "I believe one of the Rangers players who was sitting along the wall spit on my back. It had to be on purpose because I wasn't directly in front of anyone to spit and not realize I was there."

Two Ice Girls then notified Tim Beach, Islanders' vice president of game operations, that Benson was crying. Beach said he saw two or three small wet spots on the back of her pants. Benson already had wiped off her exposed back.

"I was disgusted and upset," Benson said. "That's why I started crying. All of a sudden, these grown men are hitting Kelli and spitting on me? It was unprofessional, and they shouldn't have done it. We're just there to do our job."

During the third TV timeout, both referees and one linesman made Lundqvist move to allow Higgins to shovel the snow out. Higgins said both Lundqvist and Rangers forward Sean Avery were using curse words "that had to do with us going around with the squeegee" in a heated exchange with the officials.

During the last two periods and the overtime, Lundqvist moved from his crease during stoppages, and there were no further incidents. The Rangers' goaltender told reporters Wednesday that he prefers to remain in the crease to maintain concentration during breaks.

When one of the referees told him to move during the second TV timeout, Lundqvist said, "For 65 games, I didn't move. But suddenly, I guess they changed the rule."

Told later Wednesday of the Ice Girls' allegations, a Rangers spokesman said Lundqvist was not available. NHL spokesman Frank Brown declined to discuss the account provided by officials to the league. Told of the Ice Girls' allegations, Brown said: "The National Hockey League expects responsible, professional conduct at all times from our on-ice personnel."

little sluts
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Ok boys, lets beat those habs tonight, put a thrashing on them like you did to the leafs, let avery draw the habs into penalties.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    little sluts

That first chick was pretty hot though.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    moster78 wrote:
    That first chick was pretty hot though.
    just cause shes hot doesn't mean she's not a slut.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    just cause shes hot doesn't mean she's not a slut.

Hot sluts are the best kind of sluts.
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Bathgate66 wrote:

BY GREG LOGAN

chanel

Kelli%20shovel.jpg

Those goalies are a strange bunch. Don't believe me? Play hockey. Somehow I think if Lundie took a wind up with a goal stick the way this story spells it out, it would have done a little more then just tickle her stomach. Goalie sticks aren't feather lite.

No wonder Lundie is doing so well. Danm snow stopping the pucks for him. ;)

Maybe it wasn't spit on her back. It could have been some water from a bottle and the player was a split second late for the wet t-shirt sprinkling. :D
    You've changed your place in this world!
    even flow? wrote:
    Those goalies are a strange bunch. Don't believe me? Play hockey. Somehow I think if Lundie took a wind up with a goal stick the way this story spells it out, it would have done a little more then just tickle her stomach. Goalie sticks aren't feather lite.

No wonder Lundie is doing so well. Danm snow stopping the pucks for him. ;)

Maybe it wasn't spit on her back. It could have been some water from a bottle and the player was a split second late for the wet t-shirt sprinkling. :D

exactly if he "hit" her she would have felt it

and it was water from the bench

enoughof this nonsense

GUESS WHO GETS TO MISSTHE GAME TONIGHT
    BECAUSE OF A FUNERAL IN LONG ISLAND

BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR DAM
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    exactly if he "hit" her she would have felt it

and it was water from the bench

enoughof this nonsense

GUESS WHO GETS TO MISSTHE GAME TONIGHT
    BECAUSE OF A FUNERAL IN LONG ISLAND

BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR DAM

How dare someone have the nerve to die in the midst of a playoff race? J/K! I was at a wedding on Saturday night during the Philly game and kept checking my cellphone to get the score. The groom was a huge Ranger fan and I think he was more excited when I told him the Rangers won the game then to get married!
  • Lets Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tonight's the night, let's get it done. let's get up 2-0 and go from there, no screwing around tonight.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    tonight's the night, let's get it done. let's get up 2-0 and go from there, no screwing around tonight.

I'd feel better with 3-0. Two goal leads scare me.
  • you're right, i should have clarified to say 2-0 after 10 minutes or something. looks like tyutin's going to play in place of strudwick tonight.

anybody going tonight?
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    you're right, i should have clarified to say 2-0 after 10 minutes or something. looks like tyutin's going to play in place of strudwick tonight.

anybody going tonight?

yeah im goingto a wake

not to the game

i think orr is gonna be out also for prucha

the paper said him and strudwick were playing 4th pair defense lol
    that doesn't bode well for them
  • i don't know, i saw that prucha was going to play tonight, it was in the journal news blog, i guess we'll know more after the morning skate. sorry to hear about your relative/friend.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    i don't know, i saw that prucha was going to play tonight, it was in the journal news blog, i guess we'll know more after the morning skate. sorry to hear about your relative/friend.

thanx ,, actually its a distant person ,,but i need to go

prucha deserves to play

the article bath posted was right ,,,about renney making the mistake of benching him

unfortunately orr is gonna have to be odd man out
  • you're right about orr, i'd have thought that renney would have learned from feb. 17 when he didn't dress him. but it might be more about getting another guy to score such as prucha, especially when hollweg and avery can fight also.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    you're right about orr, i'd have thought that renney would have learned from feb. 17 when he didn't dress him. but it might be more about getting another guy to score such as prucha, especially when hollweg and avery can fight also.

Maybe bench Isbister?
    moster78 wrote:
    Maybe bench Isbister?

jagr swears he is the best thing since sliced bread

although if hossa comes back and we're around he will take his place
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    jagr swears he is the best thing since sliced bread

although if hossa comes back and we're around he will take his place

Got ya. And of course what Jagr says goes. Not that I'm complaining. The guy better score 1 more though and get to 30. Would be a shame if he didn't.
    with all due respect to John Amirante, I think they should get Uncle Junior from The Sopranos to sing the anthems tonight- the NYR are unbeatable when Uncle Joon sings the anthem.

Only thing is , he'd have to sing " O ' Canada " also- and i dont think he could pull that off.

[size=+3] - _/ _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
    get all your rituals lined up

Home & Away Underpants

platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    with all due respect to John Amirante, I think they should get Uncle Junior from The Sopranos to sing the anthems tonight- the NYR are unbeatable when Uncle Joon sings the anthem.

Only thing is , he'd have to sing " O ' Canada " also- and i dont think he could pull that off.

Is it just me, or has John Amirante lost the ability to sing? The last couple games I went to he sounded horrible.
    moster78 wrote:
    Is it just me, or has John Amirante lost the ability to sing? The last couple games I went to he sounded horrible.

:(

regretabley, this is the first season in 8 or 9 that i didnt make it to at least 1 game .

being disabled and out of work really sucks.

but hey on a positive note, he's got the biggest hairpiece in NYC going on !
    platessmall.jpg