B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Thanks from a Canadiens fan!

Looking forward to shutting down Jagr (who is actually my favourite player) and the rest of ya on thursday! :)

try if you may,

but theres plenty of role players to pick up jagrs slack ( like take care of avery, if you can ) ,
    and you guys wont have an easy time solving king henrik, either.

[size=+3] - _/ _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ \_ - [/size]
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    try if you may,

but theres plenty of role players to pick up jagrs slack ( like take care of avery, if you can ) ,
    and you guys wont have an easy time solving king henrik, either.

Didn't have too much trouble solving him last time, but I imagine he'll be looking for a bit of revenge this time around.
    Rygar wrote:
    Didn't have too much trouble solving him last time, but I imagine he'll be looking for a bit of revenge this time around.

that was just his quota of 1 bad game per 25.
    you guys landed him on a good night, but that was then , this is now and its in our house.

platessmall.jpg
    Gordie Howe Hat Trick & #1 Star.

69467ac2-481e-446e-9409-d2bb0fe9ef9e.jpg

75f4eb93-d09f-4d2f-b11e-6709922bdc04.jpg

77c4d0fd-5b78-4b70-997d-a337e191ddc4.jpg

b2ffce8c-a231-4032-bea5-abbce91890cf.jpg

platessmall.jpg
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    that was just his quota of 1 bad game per 25.
    you guys landed him on a good night, but that was then , this is now and its in our house.

We're 7-1 in our last 8 in your house :P
    Rygar wrote:
    We're 7-1 in our last 8 in your house :P

after we win out at the masoleum / garden east on tuesday night,

your team will most likely be playing the hartford wolfpack.

good luck getting into the playoffs.

:D

platessmall.jpg
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

sweep those leafs into the garbage

sweeeet revenge from december

AVERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WAS GREAT ABUSING ALL THE LEAF'S FANS AS THEY LEFT

EARRRRRRRRRRLLLLLYYYYYYY

BIG WIN !!!

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!!!!
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    sweep those leafs into the garbage

sweeeet revenge from december

cant really use " sweep " ,

but at 7-2 , " rake " would be more appropriate.

TCB

platessmall.jpg
  • sean avery after the game:

on his conversations with the officials:

"I'm very selective in my hearing like I was in grade school and with my mom "I have a switch that I turn on and off. It was off at that point."

on Darcy Tucker

"Darcy has always been a whiner. You say you don't like his hair and he'll be upset.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    sean avery after the game:

on his conversations with the officials:

"I'm very selective in my hearing like I was in grade school and with my mom "I have a switch that I turn on and off. It was off at that point."

on Darcy Tucker

"Darcy has always been a whiner. You say you don't like his hair and he'll be upset.
    lmfao

welp rags fans its been another fun season with u guys on here. i thank u for letting me post me in here, hope u guys go far in the playoffs NOT

http://www.worldpeace.no/filer/White-Flag.jpg

peace metsy
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

lmfao

welp rags fans its been another fun season with u guys on here. i thank u for letting me post me in here, hope u guys go far in the playoffs NOT

peace metsy

niiiiiiiiiice
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    cant really use " sweep " ,

but at 7-2 , " rake " would be more appropriate.

TCB

im a city boy bath

i use a broom for everything ,,barely know what a rake is ;)

regardless they were put into the garbage
    lmfao

peace metsy

so who are you rooting for in the postseason ?

:confused:
    platessmall.jpg
    Blueshirt Bulletin
    April 02, 2007
    Avery Rakes Leafs Every Which Way
    http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.com/blueshirtbulletin/images/2007/04/01/averytucker.jpg
    When was the last time a Ranger had a Gordie Howe hat trick? After all, it's called a Gordie Howe hat trick, not a Frank Boucher hat trick (Boucher, great Hall of Fame Ranger that he was, was permanently awarded the Lady Byng Trophy until his retirement as a player). Well, that's what Sean Avery did last night -- a goal (two actually), an assist, and a fight. Each of his points was an important turning point in the game, and his fight set the tone against his Toronto counterpart, Darcy Tucker.

His first goal got the Rangers on the board just a few minutes after Marek Malik helped give the Leafs an early power play goal. His assist put the Rangers up by two early in the second period -- he fell down fanning on a shot and, while on the ice, swept the puck toward the net, where Martin Straka was all alone with an empty net. And just as importantly, his second goal gave the Rangers the all-important three-goal lead just as Toronto started coming on with the Rangers holding the dreaded two-goal lead (he scored a couple of minutes after Dan Girardi stopped a Leaf power play shot heading into the open Ranger net).

His fight with Tucker was a classic, between two super-pests who don't always back up their irritating behavior with their fists. Avery, who had once said "I hate that guy" when his style was compared to Tucker's, had just been warned by the referees during a TV timeout to tone down his act. As they lined up next to each other for the ensuing face-off, Tucker was jawing at Avery relentlessly. Avery didn't say much, but at the end he leaned in and said something. The puck was dropped, Avery turned away, Tucker dropped his gloves and pushed Avery, and then Avery responded. Each player got an early punch in, then Avery pulled Tucker's helmet so that it was hanging comically in front of his face, and then he bowled him over.

Now, just what can Avery have said to Tucker that Tucker has never heard before? This is the eternal question with Avery, given how he can get under opponents' skins with just his words. We have no way of verifying this, but someone who claims to have heard him says that Avery told Tucker that he was too scared to fight him in front of 20,000 people. Tucker had to prove otherwise, and Avery obliged him. "Darcy's always been a whiner," Avery said after the game. "Say you don't like his hair and he'll be upset." Asked what the refs had told him before the fight, Avery said, "I'm very selective in my hearing, like I was in grade school and with my mom. I have a switch I turn on and off -- it was off at the time."

The paeans came Avery's way after he was named first star of the game. "Everybody played good, but one guy was extremely good, that was Sean Avery," said Jaromir Jagr. "I thought he was the difference tonight. The players voted him the most overrated player in the league -- I think he's the most underrated." "He is definitely a player we get momentum from," said Henrik Lundqvist. "He's a confident player. He's probably playing his best game right now." "Sean serves as a catalyst," said Tom Renney. "He is a distraction. He plays hockey first -- he likes to talk and get under your skin, and do those little things that are aggravating, but it's not at the expense of doing the right thing within the game."

Avery deflected the credit after the game, preferring to give it to his teammates and Ranger fans. "Jags is exaggerating a little bit," he said when told what Jagr said. "Hank's played well, a lot of guys have played well, Shanny coming back has really helped us. It's just my game I play every night. It's a passionate building, an amazing building to play in. I'm happy they're enjoying what I bring to the team. These fans here are bleeding blue -- it's fun and it's definitely a motivation. We knew they'd be loud -- we appreciate it."

With the win, the Rangers are now two or three points away from clinching a playoff spot, depending on how they earn those points. Two points in a win clinches it, three points if they don't win any of their three remaining games -- as unlikely as the latter scenario is, it's easier to just say that they need to win one of their remaining games to clinch. Their first chance comes Tuesday in the Mausoleum against the Isles -- the Isles are still mathematically alive, but can only overtake the Rangers by winning all of their remaining games while the Rangers lose all of theirs, which is not going to happen.

platessmall.jpg
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Congrats on the big win, i just hope that the Leafs can still make it, after being embarrrased like that, but they have won 7 straight at home and 2 of the next 3 are at home.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Congrats on the big win, i just hope that the Leafs can still make it, after being embarrrased like that, but they have won 7 straight at home and 2 of the next 3 are at home.

its very interesting that it could indeed come down to that last game , the battle amongst the 2 Original 6 Canadian Teams ( Tor & Mon ) Sat night,...
    platessmall.jpg
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I love Avery, in a strictly platonic, non-homosexual way!

Anyone know how long he has on his contract? The Rangers better resign him, thats all I'm saying!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
    moster78 wrote:
    I love Avery, in a strictly platonic, non-homosexual way!

Anyone know how long he has on his contract? The Rangers better resign him, thats all I'm saying!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

dont worry bro ,, he ain't going nowhere

not sure of his contract,, but he is staying right here

sather's best trade since he took over
    NY PJ1 wrote:

i have to agree ;
    ive been saying that a while now

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=4274527&postcount=2777
    platessmall.jpg
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    NY PJ1 wrote:

Totally agree. I've been in the market for a new Ranger's jersey. It just might have to be #16!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i have to agree ;
    ive been saying that a while now

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=4274527&postcount=2777

no doubt
    "Part of my motivation is to prove to Larry Brooks this was a better trade than Goring to the Islanders" -- Avery.

platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    "Part of my motivation is to prove to Larry Brooks this was a better trade than Goring to the Islanders" -- Avery.

lmfao literally, the whole reason why the isles won those 4 cups is cause of goring.if bill torrey didnt make that trade the isles would of never won those cups plan and simple.

metsy u going to the celebration tom. night ????
    haha, yeah i wish i was going tommrow.i cant wait to see simpson cheap shot avery

haha, yeah i wish i was going tommrow.i cant wait to see simpson cheap shot avery

and then orr breaks somebody's face :)
    Win & In

Win - and IN!

So that's all it's gonna take - One win, two points, or a few more losses by the teams just behind in the standings. There's some strange machinations with respect to wins and points and such, but for the most part, it is just win-and-in.

So who is the most overrated player in hockey? It certainly can't be that Sean Avery guy who has lit a fire under this entire organization and has the numbers to back it up. It's not that fella who battled Darcy Tucker last night, just can't be.

It's strange that this is the same team I hated earlier in the season. They were a soft bunch, getting pushed all over the ice on a nightly basis. That fancy Euro-style criss-crossing, pretty-passing technique just wasn't working like it had the first half of last season. They were inexplicably bad at home as well. Now all of a sudden, gritty Sean Avery, along with a few other hard-nosed replacements like Dan Girardi and Ryan Callahan (and by the way, who knew Thomas Pöck had an attitude), have transformed these Rangers team into a tough team, one that has made Madison Square Garden a home again (they have won 7 of their last 8 in MSG).

Just three games remain, and the once seemingly impossible to reach postseason is now just about a certainty. They are driving to the playoffs this year, instead of being dragged there. I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself, but I think the franchise's first post season win since May 18, 1997 may finally be within sight.

NY Post: Indeed, a victory at the Coliseum tomorrow night over the Islanders would clinch a spot for the Rangers, who leapfrogged the Lightning by one point to gain sixth place. It's not quite the equivalent of Terry Francona's Red Sox celebrating at Yankee Stadium after Game 7 in 2004, but still, can you imagine?

NY Daily News: The irrepressible forward, despised throughout the league but adored throughout his new locker room and home arena, last night staged a rollicking performance that highlighted everything he has brought to the Rangers. And after Avery had scored two goals, assisted on another, dropped the gloves with Darcy Tucker and trash-talked for 60 minutes, the Rangers had moved to the precipice of a playoff clincher with a 7-2 trouncing of Toronto.

Newsday: Coach Tom Renney cited Avery's impact on his team. "I've talked to him about leadership, maybe it's something that he hasn't had a lot of responsibility with in the past," Renney said. "Sean, as has happened in the past, has served as a catalyst."

The Journal News: Even if last night had never happened, Sean Avery probably wouldn't need to pay for dinner or pick up his cab fare within sniffing distance of Madison Square Garden. The 27-year-old forward has become that beloved in his first 25 games in New York, his gritty style winning hearts and leading the Rangers into the thick of the playoff race.

NY SportsDay: Before Sean Avery was acquired for Jason Ward and a few prospects, the Blueshirts were adrift and unmotivated, but the 26 year-old came in and provided the spark to ignite the team. And maybe, he had his own reasons to do so. “Part of my motivation is to prove to Larry Brooks this was a better trade than [Butch] Goring to the Islanders [back in 1980],” quipped Avery, as the Post’s beat writer was standing in earshot.

So tomorrow night, in what will surely be a pseudo-home game in the Nassau Coliseum, the New York Rangers can clinch their second consecutive postseason berth. I don't know about you, but I feel a whole hell of a lot better this year than last year.
    platessmall.jpg
    Well Tonight Can Be The The Night

And What Better Place Than Garden East-msg 2

Let's Go Ranger's!!!!!!!
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Thank you Rangers for hammering the poor Laughs the other night. Dispelling the rumour that they could be something other then a door mat for the top flight teams in the east.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • haha, yeah i wish i was going tommrow.i cant wait to see simpson cheap shot avery

You're going to be waiting a while for that. Simpson was suspsended indefinitely by whatever league he was previously playing in and the NHL honored it.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."