B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    actually your wrong bout that, the isles still have a shot at making the playoffs, fsny had there statsatican(sp) list the possible out comes and if the isles win on thrusday they still have a shot, cause the habs and leafs will play each other on saturday

Even if they tie Montreal or Tampa in the standings, Montreal and Tampa would both have the edge via whatever tie breakers they use. So stick a fork in them Sticks, they're done!
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    yeah sam rosen mislead us Range4r fans.
    if you noticed , the post was edited.

:)

Damn you Sam Rosen for making me believe you!
  • is that correct? because the islanders can get to 92 and if montreal loses both they'll have 88. toronto has to beat montreal and lose to the islanders, and they get 91. bottom line your islanders have to win out.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    whats ironic is the Isles can do the NYRs a major favor in their next game,....
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Oh you Rangers....some favor!!!!!!
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    why the fuck didnt cullen go in the shootout ? I love shanny and all, but i think cullen should have shot instead of him.

i mean really, .....
    platessmall.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    whats ironic is the Isles can do the NYRs a major favor in their next game,....
    no what ironic is if the rags win on thrusday and the isles win out, the isles get in the playoffs
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

no what ironic is if the rags win on thrusday and the isles win out, the isles get in the playoffs

do you really think your isles will win out ?

seriously ?

:confused:
    platessmall.jpg
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    that 1 point was huge

we don't have any tie breakers with tampa and the schabs have 1 more win

now we need help for 6th

dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

p.s. metsy ,, u gave up on ur team already so get to stepping
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Hey Fuckers: Make sure you beat Montreal tomorrow
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Hey Fuckers: Make sure you beat Montreal tomorrow
    lmfao, my point exactly.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    why should we show up tom.?? we don't need the game :confused:

we'll be there don't worry \

they have payback coming their way also

as did the laughs
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    that 1 point was huge

we don't have any tie breakers with tampa and the schabs have 1 more win

now we need help for 6th

dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

p.s. metsy ,, u gave up on ur team already so get to stepping

solidifying 6th was pretty much put to rest last night, IMO .

now we will need to claw back just to get in - this 1 point will be the biggest hurdle we have faced , considering we have had no walk in the park with either Montreal or the Penguins .
    Thankfully we get 1 at MSG and 1 on the road.

heres hoping we can pull it off,..

[size=+3] - _/ _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Damn Rangers costing me a winning ticket on the games I bet on last night. You were supposed to wrap it up, so the Isles could put Toronto out of their misery tomorrow. :)
    You've changed your place in this world!
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    solidifying 6th was pretty much put to rest last night, IMO .

now we will need to claw back just to get in - this 1 point will be the biggest hurdle we have faced , considering we have had no walk in the park with either Montreal or the Penguins .
    Thankfully we get 1 at MSG and 1 on the road.

heres hoping we can pull it off,..

very true
    even flow? wrote:
    Damn Rangers costing me a winning ticket on the games I bet on last night. You were supposed to wrap it up, so the Isles could put Toronto out of their misery tomorrow. :)

blame it on that Dubiwitcz dude

and Renney not putting Cullen in the shootout. !

platessmall.jpg
    Hockey Rodent

In The Trenches

Wed, Apr 4, 1:15 AM Pacific

It should have been 3-0 before things got better last night in Uniondale. Marek Malik got stripped of the puck behind the Ranger net and only a stellar stop by Henrik Lundqvist kept the Blueshirts within reach.

Malik's clumsiness and sluggishness has been bared for all to see in recent weeks. As the referees swallow more and more whistle, his benign presence demonstrates how useless he will be in the playoffs.

With a skyskcraper frame and proportionate attraction to gravity, you'd think he'd keep enemy attackers on their toes... heads up, so to speak.

But that's not our pacifist... our pussyfist. I fail to see how he's any improvement over Tom Poti. What's worse... Marek averages a penalty ever other game. For what? Does the victim suffer for the privilege of obtaining the man advantage? Hardly.

Worse yet...he keeps chasing the puck behind the goal line, making mental mistakes. For someone as mobility-challenged as Malik, positioning is the maker/breaker. And that begins with his head. But the problem is that he's so tall, by the time the nerve impulses reach his feet, the puck... and the attacker... are behind him.

Perhaps his plus-minus speaks well during the regular season... until you scrutinize the digits with a magnifying glass. More than half those chits came against the five worst defenses in the universe... The Kings, Bruins, Yotes, Caps and Flyers. All of these clubs yield at least 3.5 goals per game. None of whom represent the type of challenge New York will face in the postseason. All (but one) of whom score fewer than 2.7 goals per game. And the lone exception is Washington which ranks 18th in team offense.

Look. I fully understand it was never his mission to dish out punishment on behalf of the Blueshirt rearguard. That was supposed to be the role of Darius Kasparaitis. But that ship has sailed and Malik should be the one to step up to the task.

Note please how Brendan Witt and Sean Hill routinely delivered extracirricular physicality after each whistled stoppage when they were on the ice Tuesday evening. None of those abrasions resulted in a trip to the sin bin. Why not? Because that's the nature of playoff hockey. Matt Cullen was speared twice by Witt after whistles with nary a call. How did he get away with it?

It's playoff hockey.

And playoff hockey is all about attrition... eroding your adversary at every opportunity.

Rock is harder than water, n' est-ce pas? Yet canyons are carved by the relentless antagony of tiny droplets which ultimately cause the mightiest stones to yield.

That's how the Devils won with Kevin Stevens during their heyday. It was those consistent cheap shots after the whistle... the face washes... the shoves...

But no. This is not for Marek Malik.

Six-foot six, ungainly and all about finesse in a postseason world of Hudson Bay officiating. Not to mention that finesse kind of implies you can skate. But heck. I'd be satisfied if Malik would merely clear the crease in front of Henrik.

I'm not holding by breath.

Now don't get me wrong(ly). I don't expect the man to be anything he isn't. I have no personal beef with Malik.

Frankly, the problem doesn't even lie with Malik. It lies with the guy who signed Malik, dis-ir-regardless whether that entity was pressured by a subordinate entity into doing so.

BERTH-O-METER
    Eastern Conference
    6th 7th 8th P/O
    59.7% 32.6% 6.9% 99.3% TAM
    35.4% 43.0% 19.1% 97.6% NYR
    4.3% 19.9% 53.4% 77.6% MON
    0.6% 4.4% 18.3% 23.3% TOR
    0.0% 0.0% 2.3% 2.3% NYI

Chart shows the probabilities for each team to secure one of the three final playoff berths in the Eastern Conference. The fourth column sums up the first three and displays the likelihood that team will reach the postseason.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Hockey Rodent

In The Trenches

Wed, Apr 4, 1:15 AM Pacific

It should have been 3-0 before things got better last night in Uniondale. Marek Malik got stripped of the puck behind the Ranger net and only a stellar stop by Henrik Lundqvist kept the Blueshirts within reach.

Malik's clumsiness and sluggishness has been bared for all to see in recent weeks. As the referees swallow more and more whistle, his benign presence demonstrates how useless he will be in the playoffs.

With a skyskcraper frame and proportionate attraction to gravity, you'd think he'd keep enemy attackers on their toes... heads up, so to speak.

But that's not our pacifist... our pussyfist. I fail to see how he's any improvement over Tom Poti. What's worse... Marek averages a penalty ever other game. For what? Does the victim suffer for the privilege of obtaining the man advantage? Hardly.

Worse yet...he keeps chasing the puck behind the goal line, making mental mistakes. For someone as mobility-challenged as Malik, positioning is the maker/breaker. And that begins with his head. But the problem is that he's so tall, by the time the nerve impulses reach his feet, the puck... and the attacker... are behind him.

Perhaps his plus-minus speaks well during the regular season... until you scrutinize the digits with a magnifying glass. More than half those chits came against the five worst defenses in the universe... The Kings, Bruins, Yotes, Caps and Flyers. All of these clubs yield at least 3.5 goals per game. None of whom represent the type of challenge New York will face in the postseason. All (but one) of whom score fewer than 2.7 goals per game. And the lone exception is Washington which ranks 18th in team offense.

Look. I fully understand it was never his mission to dish out punishment on behalf of the Blueshirt rearguard. That was supposed to be the role of Darius Kasparaitis. But that ship has sailed and Malik should be the one to step up to the task.

Note please how Brendan Witt and Sean Hill routinely delivered extracirricular physicality after each whistled stoppage when they were on the ice Tuesday evening. None of those abrasions resulted in a trip to the sin bin. Why not? Because that's the nature of playoff hockey. Matt Cullen was speared twice by Witt after whistles with nary a call. How did he get away with it?

It's playoff hockey.

And playoff hockey is all about attrition... eroding your adversary at every opportunity.

Rock is harder than water, n' est-ce pas? Yet canyons are carved by the relentless antagony of tiny droplets which ultimately cause the mightiest stones to yield.

That's how the Devils won with Kevin Stevens during their heyday. It was those consistent cheap shots after the whistle... the face washes... the shoves...

But no. This is not for Marek Malik.

Six-foot six, ungainly and all about finesse in a postseason world of Hudson Bay officiating. Not to mention that finesse kind of implies you can skate. But heck. I'd be satisfied if Malik would merely clear the crease in front of Henrik.

I'm not holding by breath.

Now don't get me wrong(ly). I don't expect the man to be anything he isn't. I have no personal beef with Malik.

Frankly, the problem doesn't even lie with Malik. It lies with the guy who signed Malik, dis-ir-regardless whether that entity was pressured by a subordinate entity into doing so.

BERTH-O-METER
    Eastern Conference
    6th 7th 8th P/O
    59.7% 32.6% 6.9% 99.3% TAM
    35.4% 43.0% 19.1% 97.6% NYR
    4.3% 19.9% 53.4% 77.6% MON
    0.6% 4.4% 18.3% 23.3% TOR
    0.0% 0.0% 2.3% 2.3% NYI

Chart shows the probabilities for each team to secure one of the three final playoff berths in the Eastern Conference. The fourth column sums up the first three and displays the likelihood that team will reach the postseason.

does he mean scott stevens??

anyway yes he sucks
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    does he mean scott stevens??

anyway yes he sucks

haha

good catch .

i suspect you are correct there friend.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    haha

good catch .

i suspect you are correct there friend.

NOT TO GET AHEAD

defense next year

staahl , tyutin, giradi,pock,, mara (?) rozival(?). lifiton(?)
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    NOT TO GET AHEAD

defense next year

staahl , tyutin, giradi,pock,, mara (?) rozival(?). lifiton(?)

dont forget Leetch

:eek:

lol

jk
    thats a good defensive corp - whats the status of malik tho- we all know Jagr loves him.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    dont forget Leetch

:eek:

lol

jk
    thats a good defensive corp - whats the status of malik tho- we all know Jagr loves him.

the status is he better be gone
    but i don't know his contract status
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    the status is he better be gone
    but i don't know his contract status

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marek_Malik

According to wikipedia he signed a 3 year deal, so I'm guessing he's in the second year of it right now.
    moster78 wrote:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marek_Malik

According to wikipedia he signed a 3 year deal, so I'm guessing he's in the second year of it right now.

cant believe he actually has a wiki page.

we all know that if jagr wants him here and playing, he will be .
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    cant believe he actually has a wiki page.

we all know that if jagr wants him here and playing, he will be .

Seems like everyone has a wiki page these days. Maybe they'll trade him. One can only hope.
    moster78 wrote:
    Seems like everyone has a wiki page these days. Maybe they'll trade him. One can only hope.

if jagr wants him here and playing, he will be .
    if he wants him here, there will be no trade.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    if jagr wants him here and playing, he will be .
    if he wants him here, there will be no trade.

True.
    platessmall.jpg
    Last nights Ranger game being re-played on msg network .

i must say id rather watch mike and the maddog talk about the passing of NFL football / civil rights pioneer Eddie Robinson ( Grambling University & Green Bay Packers ) .

:rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
    You Make Your Own Luck

Blueshirt Bulletin
    Henrik Lundqvist lamented the bad luck he endured in falling behind 2-0 to the Islanders. Another goal directly off a Ranger when Alexei Yashin's pass deflected in off the leg of Jason Strudwick, and a rebound banged in after a pass deflected on goal off the skate of Blair Betts. How his counterpart in the Isles' net, career minor leaguer Wade Dubielewicz, was able to withstand 38 Ranger shots and their potent shootout line-up can only be considered luck, even though he blew a two-goal lead. Having the net come off before the puck could go in -- bad luck. Catching a team in the last stages of desperation in its playoff run for the third time in the last four games, and losing in part because of that for the second time, is not a good stroke of fortune either. And having it all happen on a night when everyone else in the playoff race won adds potential injury to insult.

But while Lundqvist has earned every right to chalk up his performance to bad luck, head coach Tom Renney is guilty of making his own bad luck in this game. He miscalculated badly in believing that the Islanders were more interested in payback than in playoff qualification. He miscalculated badly in scratching Petr Prucha, who might have made a difference for a power play unit that went 0-for-5, in favor of dressing two enforcers who ended up spending almost the entire time on the bench when a hockey game broke out instead of a fight (and were not even sent out when things did get dicey here and there). Using Brad Isbister on Jaromir Jagr's line while relegating the energetic and dynamic Prucha first to the fourth line and then to the press box is just plain lunacy.

In chess it's called the initiative -- Renney handed the Isles the initiative in his roster choices. And the Isles took advantage to get off to a good start before the Rangers could get their game together. Who knows what one player could have done in this game -- maybe nothing. But you know Ted Nolan was thrilled to see the player who did most of the goal scoring in the two teams' recent home and home series in a suit instead of a sweater. His feint was swallowed hook, line and sinker by Renney, and now the Rangers face a possible doomsday scenario -- down to two games left to clinch a playoff berth, Montreal is next up, with no guarantee now that they are headed to the post-season berth they have worked so hard to get -- and if Montreal wins out, they're looking at a match-up against Buffalo.

It's impossible to prove a negative, to state with any certainty that this one decision would have made a difference had it gone the other way. But it says here that the Rangers made their own bad luck at a time when they could least afford it.
    platessmall.jpg