B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    BOTTOM LINE 16 TEAMS W/ THE SAME RECORD

ITS ANYBODY'S TO GET HOT AND WIN

I HOPE IAM NOT FOOLING MYSELF,,BUT I THINK WE CAN BEAT ANY TEAM IN A SERIES IF WE PLAY THE WAY WE HAVE BEEN

yes we had a few stinkers in there,,but if they can play at this high level
    anything can happen

WE know about the oilers last year

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Heres

the

secret

weapon

tonights game : c'mon florida , take down the bolts !

[size=+3] - _/ _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ \_ - [/size]
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    woo- hoo !

Panthers are absolutely pulverizing the Lightning Bolts 6-0 ,

5 mins left in the 2nd.

thats very good for our Blueshirts

platessmall.jpg
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    7 - 0 now. And Atlanta won, so that basically gives the Thrashers the division. Unless by some miracle Tampa score 7 times in the last 15 minutes. The Rangers just need a point tomorrow to take 6th. Sweet!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
    moster78 wrote:
    7 - 0 now. And Atlanta won, so that basically gives the Thrashers the division. Unless by some miracle Tampa score 7 times in the last 15 minutes. The Rangers just need a point tomorrow to take 6th. Sweet!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

whooo- hooo!

lets get that 6th slot !

platessmall.jpg
    yeaaaaa panthers great job

win and we're 6th or get at least 1 point

or if they lose

lets handle our own buisness

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!
    platessmall.jpg
    Let's Go Ranger's!!!!!!!!!!!
    Can't wait for game time tonight!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
    all we need is 1 point.

being the final game, this is our last chance to utilize the 1 point , overtime / shootout method of winning,

it will be nice to be rid of the shootouts until next season.

all Hail Hail King Henrik
    platessmall.jpg
    Blueshirt Bulletin

Dads Dont Let Your Daughters Grow Up To Be Ice Girls

:D

April 07, 2007

Sowing Playoff Seeds

Even if the Rangers had nothing to play for in their regular season finale tonight in Pittsburgh, they would probably not want to relax at all, hoping to carry forward their momentum into the post-season unabated, as opposed to last season when they entered the playoffs battered and on a long losing streak. Nevertheless, with Atlanta clinching their division last night and Tampa losing big, the Rangers can choose their first round opponent by winning or losing tonight. And given their druthers, they would rather see the Thrashers, making their first playoff appearance ever with a goalie not named Martin Brodeur, than the Devils. But the Penguins are not going to take this game lying down either, as they are playing for home ice advantage in their first round match-up against Ottawa, no small matter to them.
    platessmall.jpg
    Rangers win on Saturday in Pittsburgh
    Sixth Place no matter what else occurs in the Eastern Conference.

Rangers lose on Saturday in overtime or shootout
    Sixth Place no matter what else occurs in the Eastern Conference.

Rangers lose on Saturday in Pittsburgh in regulation
    Sixth Place if Atlanta defeats Tampa Bay (regulation, overtime or shootout)
    platessmall.jpg
    well 6th is within our grasp

handle our own business

atlanta doesn't have anything to play for ,,so we better win ourselves

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!
    Not quite the way to get sixth place we would've preferred, but I'll take it. I was watching the Tampa-Atlanta game over the Internet while the Rangers were down. Damn shootout took forever since they busted some glass in the fourth round or so.

Anyway, interesting piece on Avery in Newsday today. Just confirms that he's a lucky F because he's still dating Elisha Cuthbert!

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/ny-spavery085163077apr08,0,2305388.story?coll=ny-rangers-print

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
    Well We Snuck Into Sixth

Bring On Atlanta

Happy Easter All

Let's Go Ranger's!!
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Good luck against Atlanta, i hate Hartley, so go get them, Renney may wanna dress Orr and keep him on the bench, just in case, cause the Thrashers are a bunch of cheap shot artists.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    definitely not the way we wanted to go into the 2nd season.

the scoreboards around the lkeague were so fucking close ! teeter- tottering, back and forth, back and forth !

crazy !

so it comes down to the isles beating the devils, and they're in ( to face the sabres- good luck with that ! )

one thing came out of the game yesterdayu - we can hang with those penguiins ( this i knew because almost every ganme this year was a 1 goal game and or shootout ) add marcel hossa, and we add a few more goals- i think we will be okay .

STAY OUT OF THE PENALTY BOX_ if it werent for the penalties- we would have won that game .

and how about that Rootu guy- id love to see Colton Orr hit him with a 1 shot to the zygomatic arch and knock his ass out cold . fucking douchebag doing the chicken dance on the bench- i thought these guys were penguins .

oh and i'll mention it yet again- Ryan Callahan should never play in the AHL , ever again .

platessmall.jpg
    boy, all those smack talking rangers fans are quiet for once.

we're hear, and we are not so quiet.
    after all, this is the original sports team thread on the pit, period .
    and i'll bump this up, just for you.

:p

platessmall.jpg
    moster78 wrote:
    Anyway, interesting piece on Avery in Newsday today. Just confirms that he's a lucky F because he's still dating Elisha Cuthbert!

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/ny-spavery085163077apr08,0,2305388.story?coll=ny-rangers-print

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

Avery Most Hated Player

Avery, NHL's most 'hated' player, likes NY
    BY STEVE ZIPAY

April 7, 2007, 8:37 PM EDT

For a guy whose job is to make NHL opponents uncomfortable, Sean Avery was pretty relaxed.

Wearing below-the-knees, baggy red shorts, with his right foot bare and a white sock and sneaker on the left, Avery strolled casually through the hallway between the dressing room and weight room as if he had been at the Rangers' training center in Westchester all season -- instead of for just two months since a trade with Los Angeles.

"I'm sort of basing [the year] all on how it's ending, and it's ending pretty good, getting into the playoffs," Avery said Friday, a day after the Rangers clinched a berth with a 3-1 victory over the Montreal Canadiens. "It's been pretty successful as far as I'm concerned. I'm definitely happy that this is where I am today, for sure."

When Avery, who turns 27 Tuesday, was acquired from the Kings for Jason Ward and two prospects Feb. 5, he arrived with more than West Coast luggage and an actress on his arm. Along came a reputation as a relentless yapper and forechecker, an on-ice irritant who tries to get rivals off their game -- in any way possible.

"You definitely don't want to play against him," said Rangers defenseman Paul Mara, who played against Avery when Mara was with the Phoenix Coyotes. "What he says to other people, it can be pretty brutal."

In a recent players poll conducted by The Hockey News, the 5-9 winger was overwhelmingly named the most hated player in the league (with 66.4 percent of the vote), as well as the most overrated player.

While playing for the Kings in 2005, Avery, a native of Pickering, Ontario, made disparaging remarks about French- Canadians. He also was involved in an altercation in which he was accused by Oilers forward Georges Laraque, who is black, of making a racial slur, a charge Avery denied.

And it isn't only opponents who draw his wrath. Avery was suspended last year by the Kings for disputes with coaches.

What happened in Hollywood, however, so far has stayed in Hollywood.

"I think I'm a little more mature now," said Avery, who dates actress Elisha Cuthbert and recently had his Hollywood digs featured on MTV's "Cribs." Nonetheless, a Rangers public-relations staffer hovers nearby during interviews to ensure that he doesn't go off the rails.

Though he has curbed his tongue -- if not his enthusiasm -- Avery still managed to publicly call Devils forward Cam Janssen "a meathead" and goaltender Martin Brodeur "a whiner and a big baby" last month for falling down after a bump as if he were shot.

Avery already is idolized by the Garden faithful, who are as animated as he is when he's involved in a scrum or a score. After a goal against the Flyers, he said: "The assist can go to the fans, because I just didn't want to hear them yell, 'Shoot!' So we got that over right away."

Meanwhile, some Islanders fans have come to revile Avery. He was accused of ramming goaltender Rick DiPietro's head into the ice during a pileup March 25, potentially reviving concussion symptoms. And one of the Islanders' "Ice Girls" said Avery spouted obscenities about them after an incident with Rangers goal.tender Henrik Lund.qvist during a TV timeout Tuesday.

"He talks all the time, even in the locker room," Lundqvist said. "What you see out there is pretty much who he is."

That passion and personality -- as well as some surprising hockey talent -- have won over Avery's current teammates.

"In the first game, the first practice, you could see he has a lot of skill," Rangers captain Jaromir Jagr said after Avery scored twice in a 7-2 rout of Toronto last Sunday. "I was reading that the players voted him the most overrated player in the league. I think he's the most underrated player in the league. He can play any kind of game, he can fight, he's tough on defense, he can score goals. He's such a great hockey player and nobody knows about him."

Jagr also appreciates the locker-room patter from Avery, who led the league with 261 penalty minutes in 2003-04. "He gives it to you, but he takes it, too. I laugh at it," Jagr said. "Maybe somebody from other teams, they get mad because he told them something they don't want to hear. Some guys are too sensitive. In our country, that's normal. We've got the same kind of humor, like he does. He could be easily a Czech."

Since the trade -- which was endorsed by Rangers forward Brendan Shanahan, who played with him for Detroit and hangs out with him in Manhattan -- Avery has eight goals and 12 assists in 28 games. The Rangers are 17-5-6 with Avery in the lineup, and he is credited by numerous players and coach Tom Renney as a key figure in the playoff push.

"He represents a lot of things that we are becoming this season: aggressive, a team that drives to the net," Shanahan said. "So he's been a real good addition."

Renney has used Avery on different lines and at center, and his versatility has been valuable. "Certainly, in my research with colleagues out there who have had Sean in the past, my impression was that we were getting a pretty good player who may have been underestimated," Renney said. "But he's got some sizzle, and we needed that as well."

Avery, a free agent this summer who is earning $1.1 million, said he would love to stay in New York, where he and Cuthbert have made the rounds, from nightspots to Knicks games.

"I definitely would like it to happen," he said. "I definitely enjoy playing here, but who knows? It's a bit more of a business than it has been in the past. The city's great, she's having fun. It's been cool, certainly a better vibe than L.A. This is more of a sports town. L.A.'s a little hollow, shallow. Here I don't even have a car."
    platessmall.jpg
  • "The assist can go to the fans, because I just didn't want to hear them yell, 'Shoot!' So we got that over right away." -

I'll take the credit for that, all i did was ask him to talk about his two goals. ...
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Well good luck against Atlanta guys, hossa and kovalchuk should give you a hard time, but, I believe in you.

LETS GO PENGUINS!
    puts his faith in love and, tremor christ.

"I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback."
    Well good luck against Atlanta guys, hossa and kovalchuk should give you a hard time, but, I believe in you.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

we have our own hossa,

plus an avery,jagr, prucha and lundqvist for them to worry about.

;)
    platessmall.jpg
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    Lets Go Rangers!!!!
  • Ten DudeTen Dude Posts: 50
    Lets Go Thrashers...

• NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Rangers vs. Atl. Yeah, looks like I'll be a Ranger fan for at least one round.
    Brian
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    im still alive after today, my heart was racing so fast with a minute left to go and then when the devils scored i nearly had a heart attack. but man what a fucking season for us. god dubi is da fucking man
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Ten Dude wrote:
    Lets Go Thrashers...

I second this post.
    from the Blueshirt Bulletin

averypitt.jpg

This is particularly important because Atlanta was one of the teams the Rangers had similar problems with, losing two games to them for lack of a power play goal, despite the Thrashers being one of the weaker penalty killing teams in the NHL (#26). But stats can be deceiving -- the Rangers are statistically #7 in the NHL on the power play and #12 on the penalty kill, yet the latter has won games while others have been lost solely because of the failure of the power play to come through in the clutch.
    platessmall.jpg
  • extra tickets to season ticket holders go on sale tomorror
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    xman has the whole sched. up in a thread