B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    You're going to be waiting a while for that. Simpson was suspsended indefinitely by whatever league he was previously playing in and the NHL honored it.
    Didn't Simpson play the other night, i dunno i thought i saw it on TSN.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    well i guess your right, i thought i heard he played, maybe it was just that he signed
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    win and in .

Tonight, the Garden East out on Hmstd Tpke is going to be rocking with Ranger fans.

is ricky playing ? Or is it that wade dubliewitcz dude ?

either way - i think the Blueshirts are motivated enough to get the W and clinch the playoff spot.

[size=+3] - _/ _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ \_ - [/size]
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    a combination of the Rangers prevailing tonight and Montreal beating Boston at home would also eliminate the Islanders from the playoff race.
    platessmall.jpg
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    a combination of the Rangers prevailing tonight and Montreal beating Boston at home would also eliminate the Islanders from the playoff race.

:):):)
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Bathgate66 wrote:

How awesome would that be. Clinch a spot and deny them one at the same time? I think Ricky won't be in net tonight as he's still got a headache! Should be Wade D-whatever-a-wicz.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
    moster78 wrote:
    How awesome would that be. Clinch a spot and deny them one at the same time? I think Ricky won't be in net tonight as he's still got a headache! Should be Wade D-whatever-a-wicz.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

and if Montreal can handle the Bruins at home,...:rolleyes:

[size=-2] this is definitely in a sarcastic tone [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • well just in case, DP, clap, clap, DP sucks, clap, clap...
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    well just in case, DP, clap, clap, DP sucks, clap, clap...

Well worth the risk of a 15 year, $67.5 million contract.
    Joe Micheletti
    April 03, 2007
    Avery a big key to playoff run
    We can't get ahead of ourselves. Before anyone starts talking about how far the Rangers go in the playoffs, they first have to get into the playoffs. Yes, they can clinch tonight against the Islanders, but there's still a lot of work to be done.

That being said, I think the acquisition of Sean Avery is one of the biggest reasons why they're in the position they are in now.

I'm not sure that they would be where they are without him. He's been that force for them.

First and foremost, get to the playoffs; then after that we'll go from there.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Joe Micheletti
    April 03, 2007
    Avery a big key to playoff run
    We can't get ahead of ourselves. Before anyone starts talking about how far the Rangers go in the playoffs, they first have to get into the playoffs. Yes, they can clinch tonight against the Islanders, but there's still a lot of work to be done.

That being said, I think the acquisition of Sean Avery is one of the biggest reasons why they're in the position they are in now.

I'm not sure that they would be where they are without him. He's been that force for them.

First and foremost, get to the playoffs; then after that we'll go from there.

Agreed wholeheartedly. I'm so tempted to pull the trigger on an Avery jersey, but would hate to see him sign elsewhere.
    moster78 wrote:
    Agreed wholeheartedly. I'm so tempted to pull the trigger on an Avery jersey, but would hate to see him sign elsewhere.

dude just buy it

he isn't going anywhere

actually their are many already at msg
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    dude just buy it

he isn't going anywhere

actually their are many already at msg

Yeah, they announced it the last game I was at, which was against the Blackhawks in mid-Feb, like two weeks after he was traded. I found it odd that they were offering Avery jerseys, and not Dupuis, and look what happened to Dupuis.
    moster78 wrote:
    I'm so tempted to pull the trigger on an Avery jersey, but would hate to see him sign elsewhere.

pull it.

this guy is in absolute LOVE with NYC, MSG, the fans, and putting on the sweater. He has made numerous statements to such- and I agree with NYPJ1- this guy aint going anywhere- if he can help it.
    I think he'll be around for a while .

#16, the only tough decision would be the blue, the white, or the statue of Liberty jersey.
    I am more of a traditionalist, so i would go with the blue laceneck, but thats me. The white is nice, but be careful when youre eating your garden hotdog, the mustard stains wont come out of the white.

:D

[size=+3] - _/ _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
    Yeah, I'm thinking blue. I have a white Bure that I hate to wear, and a Llibery Gretzky that looks retarded, mostly because I was never a fan of the Liberty jersey and its all iron-on (not my call, someone got it for me.) I think I just may have to do it!
    as an alternative to Cosbys ( i have shopped there as well )

try http://rivercitysports.com/

have tons of merchandise, for all sports , and all kinds of little oddities.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    as an alternative to Cosbys ( i have shopped there as well )

try http://rivercitysports.com/

have tons of merchandise, for all sports , and all kinds of little oddities.

Thanks man. I was thinking of just going the old shop.nhl.com route. Already bought a new Rangers collar and leash for my dog!
    Blueshirt Bulletin

April 03, 2007

Points Piling Up Rapidly

Over a span of nearly 35 minutes on Sunday, the Rangers got just eight shots on goal. They only even attempted seven other shots during that time. And yet they scored five unanswered goals to break open a 2-2 game and turn it into a key 7-2 win. So much for shooting the puck. Four weeks earlier, 57 shots on goal out of 106 total shot attempts yielded only one goal in a 2-1 shootout win over the Isles, with the Garden crowd exhorting their team to shoot, shoot, shoot!

How things have changed for the Rangers. Back then, shots hit anything but twine -- they hit goal posts, they hit the back of Rick DiPietro's head, they hit Richard Zednik for gosh sakes! Now, sharp angle shots hit the goalie and roll down his back into the net, floaters from the point sail in, and nets open up after series of three or four passes in a row.

Remember when the Rangers were desperately seeking scoring beyond their first line and Brendan Shanahan? That elusive concept of balanced scoring? In the eight games prior to St. Patick's Day, the Rangers were getting practically no goal scoring at all. Despite taking 283 shots on goal -- an average of more than 35 per game! -- the Rangers scored only 17 times. The Rangers' leading goal scorer during that span was Michael Nylander with three. Six others had two each.

Fortunately, in those eight games, Henrik Lundqvist gave up only 14 goals and Steve Valiquette two to help the team come away with a 5-1-2 record.

In the eight games since then, the Rangers have scored 34 goals -- more than four per game on average. Thirteen different players have scored, nine have scored multiple goals, seven have scored three or more (Jagr, Nylander, Avery, Prucha, Callahan, Cullen, and Pock). Eighteen different players have registered points -- Jagr 12 (five goals), Avery and Nylander 10 (five goals and four goals respectively), Shanahan, Cullen, Rozsival, and Pock six points each. And they've given up only 15 goals against in those games -- almost all of them (12) in six consecutive periods during the past three games.

The Rangers got back into the playoff race thanks to the goaltending of Lundqvist. Now the offense has exploded. All of which brings us to the final game of the season series with the Islanders, with a chance to clinch a post-season berth with a win and possibly eliminate the Islanders at the same time. The Isles can use DiPietro's injury as an excuse for their late season flame out, but they get no sympathy from Ranger fans who saw their own team lose their last nine last season in large part due to injuries to Lundqvist, Jagr, et.al., and got off to a slow start this season due in large part to Lundqvist, Jagr, et.al. not having fully recovered from those injuries. Not to mention Shanahan and the spate of knee injuries, none of which slowed down the Ranger juggernaut.

Speaking of juggenauts, Blueshirt Bulletin's Rangers Four on Four live online panel discussions continues unabated. This month, on the fourth of the month (Wednesday evening from 7:00 - 9:00 eastern time), host Mitch Beck welcomes Ranger radio play by play announcer Kenny Albert, Newsday reporter Steve Zipay, Lyle Richardson of FoxSports.com and Spector's Hockey, Mitch's frequent guest Hockey Rodent (fresh off his latest April Fool's prank), and Ranger draftee Trevor Koverko. We hope you can join us, and we hope we can discuss the playoff clincher at that time.
    platessmall.jpg
    4 hours or so till GAME TIME

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!!!!!!!!!
    #16 is a 99.9% certainty, in home blue. I'm just not sure on the size! I got my brother an XXL Graves jersey for his birthday back in October and it was big on me then. Just want to confirm that its still like a dress on me before I plunk down the $160 for a spankin new jersey!

Oh yeah...

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!
  • Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    1 1/2 hours boys

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!!!!!!!

this one is probably the funniest- maybe cuz its the only one i havent seen before.
    platessmall.jpg
  • is that the one when he does the push ups after scoring a goal?
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    I just watched the clip of him on MTV Cribs... is he really dating Elisha Cuthbert? If so he's a lucky F.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    who wants a girl when u can have a woman like carole alt

JAGER CHOKES AND THE ISLES LIVE TO SEE ANOTHER DAY OH BABY WHAT A NIGHT
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

oh well.
    isles win the season series 5-3.

gotta give credit where its due- that Dubi guy held them in it- their future looks very bright with that guy backing up Dipietro, for sure.

why the fuck didnt cullen go in the shootout ? I love shanny and all, but i think cullen should have shot instead of him.

oh well, our playoff chances have to wait, we still need 1 more point.

we'll have to see how we fare against the scHabs on thursday.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    oh well.
    isles win the season series 5-3.

gotta give credit where its due- that Dubi guy held them in it- their future looks very bright with that guy backing up Dipietro, for sure.

wonder if they knew when they celebrated that they had already been mathematically eliminated, based on the fact that they cant catc montreal by virtue of tiebreaker.
    actually your wrong bout that, the isles still have a shot at making the playoffs, fsny had there statsatican(sp) list the possible out comes and if the isles win on thrusday they still have a shot, cause the habs and leafs will play each other on saturday
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

actually your wrong bout that, the isles still have a shot at making the playoffs, fsny had there statsatican(sp) list the possible out comes and if the isles win on thrusday they still have a shot, cause the habs and leafs will play each other on saturday

yeah sam rosen mislead us Range4r fans.
    if you noticed , the post was edited.

:)
    platessmall.jpg