B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    hope Ryan and 1 Shot Colton are ready ,...

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/101-03302007-1322571.html

[size=+3] - _/ _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ \_ - [/size]

You know what the problem with this is Andy????? Is the Flyer goons don't care if their team wins or loses in the long run. Where if Orr gets goaded into a fight or to a point a cheap penalty that costs the Blueshirts the game. It will be so unfair on the guy but you know they will rake him over the coals for it. Hope that dosen't happen. But I also hope to see a good scrap. ;)

As for those Canadians......they may have better a better goalie back within the next day or two. Huet is supposed to be back.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    even flow? wrote:
    You know what the problem with this is Andy????? Is the Flyer goons don't care if their team wins or loses in the long run. Where if Orr gets goaded into a fight or to a point a cheap penalty that costs the Blueshirts the game. It will be so unfair on the guy but you know they will rake him over the coals for it. Hope that dosen't happen. But I also hope to see a good scrap. ;)

As for those Canadians......they may have better a better goalie back within the next day or two. Huet is supposed to be back.

orr has got to be smart about it

he knows they will be instigating ,,so hopefully it will work out
    but he needs to do it right
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    even flow? wrote:

true enough

but you have to go back to the feb 17th game, which is really what precipitated all of this rough stuff , and Fedoruk freely running at & all over Jagr the entire game , unanswered .

we cant let them take our guys out, either. Its a fine line to tiptoe on this time of year- where you are correct- every point and every " W " is so monumental .

For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Blueshirt Bulletin
    :cool:

March 30, 2007

Rangers Weather the Calm Before the Storm
    :cool:
    Three days off in the middle of a playoff race is a welcome respite for the Rangers, who may have run out of gas midway through their last match in Montreal. But the fear during this mini-break was that their playoff rivals would rack up points in the interim. So far, the Rangers have weathered this period of calm -- Toronto gained one point in a shootout loss, but that's it. Tonight, someone has to lose the Tampa-Carolina game (hopefully in regulation) while the Isles and Habs have tough road contests in Buffalo and Ottawa, the Isles without Rick DiPietro, finally conceding that he did indeed sustain mild concussions in games against Montreal and the Rangers. And tomorrow, when the Rangers return to action in Philly, the Flyers will be playing for the second time in two days and third time in four days, all while the Rangers were off. Still, the Rangers expect a battle (see the Post).

Ironically, the Rangers surged into playoff position despite a slew of injuries, young players from Hartford energizing the team. But now, with some of the wounded returning to action, the Rangers have stumbled somewhat. Brendan Shanahan is playing himself into shape and despite five assists in his first four games back wants to do more (see the Daily News and Journal News). Martin Straka is playing despite a shoulder injury that will require off-season repairs and has not contributed much -- his assist in Montreal was his first point after a dozen games without. Meanwhile, Ryan Callahan (profiled at NYR.com) has seen his minutes cut nearly in half the past few games, and may lose even more ice time if Brad Isbister is re-inserted onto the top line (just shoot me now!). On the plus side, Fedor Tyutin is almost ready to return from his knee injury (see Blue Notes). :cool:

platessmall.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    fucking 5-1 after the 1st and the funny thing the isles will still make it into the playoffs.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Lets Go Rangers!!!!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • from the ny times:

Despised by 29 Teams, Appreciated by the Rangers

By LYNN ZINSER
    Published: March 31, 2007

GREENBURGH, N.Y., March 30 — If there is a shoving or shouting match in a Rangers game, forward Sean Avery will most likely be the point man. He can be found at the bottom of nearly every pileup in front of a goalie. Just by hopping over the boards for a shift, Avery draws boos from opposing crowds and vitriol from opposing players.

The Rangers traded for the N.H.L.’s foremost pain in the neck in early February. Almost instantly, they began clawing their way toward a playoff spot.

Avery is not taking credit for the resurgence of the Rangers, who have lifted themselves into sixth place in the Eastern Conference with a week to go in a six-team fight for the last three playoff spots. The Rangers have five games left, starting Saturday in Philadelphia.

“I think there’s a lot of guys playing well,” Avery said after practice Friday. “Sometimes it just takes a little bit of a spark, like a trade. Maybe it just so happens that it was me that got here at the right time. It’s tough for me to say.”

Avery, 26, came here from Los Angeles for the checking forward Jason Ward and a pair of prospects, and his contributions are hard to capture in statistics. He has 6 goals and 8 assists in 24 games. For the season, he is tied for third in the N.H.L. in penalty minutes (163), and is even more proficient at goading opposing players into penalties.

That feistiness is the hallmark of Avery’s game. He plays while keeping up a stream of invective, with the kind of vocabulary that keeps television microphones away.

“You definitely don’t want to play against him,” said defenseman Paul Mara, who played against him frequently when he was with Phoenix and Avery was in Los Angeles. “What he says to other people, it can be pretty brutal.”

Mara said Coyotes Coach Wayne Gretzky would often get so mad he would scream at Avery from the bench.

“What angers you more is that he is an effective player,” said forward Brendan Shanahan, who usually plays on Avery’s line. “Guys like that you can ignore when they play two or three minutes a game and they don’t hurt you in other ways.”

Avery was involved in high-profile altercations as a King, including one in which he made derogatory remarks about French Canadians and another in which he was accused by forward Georges Laraque, who is black, of making a racial slur. Avery denied that, but was suspended last year by the Kings for clashing with team officials and coaches.

With the Rangers, no such problems have emerged. He jokes easily with his teammates — often loudly and ruthlessly — and the laughs cut across the many nationalities of the team.

“Maybe some people don’t like it because he’s too personal,” said Jaromir Jagr, the Rangers’ captain. “He gives it to you, but he takes it, too. I laugh at it. Maybe somebody from other teams, they get mad because he told them something they don’t want to hear. Some guys are too sensitive. In our country, that’s normal. We’ve got the same kind of humor, like he does. He could be easily a Czech.”

Jagr kids Avery about the amount of attention he gets, playfully bemoaning having his locker next to Avery’s in some visiting locker rooms. Avery takes the ribbing in stride from the mercurial Jagr.

“I never read into what’s been said about guys until I meet them because I know what it’s like to have misconceptions, certainly about myself,” Avery said. “I don’t act any differently around Jags. We’ve seemed to hit it off. I certainly respect him and I think he respects me.”

Avery saves his disrespect for opponents, whom he treats with disdain. In his second game against the Devils after the trade, he barreled into goalie Martin Brodeur, then chastised Brodeur for flopping over dramatically. That nearly started a brawl.

Suddenly, the Rangers have become a much tougher team to play. “I think it’s just a personality change that our team was trying to make all year,” Shanahan said. “He’s certainly a guy that represents a lot of things that are becoming us this season: hard to play against, aggressive, a team that drives to the net, not just a perimeter team. So he’s been a real good addition, for his ability and his passion.”

SLAP SHOTS

The Rangers could get defenseman Fedor Tyutin back from a knee injury as early as Sunday’s game against Toronto. Tyutin skated a full practice Friday, wearing the yellow noncontact jersey. He will travel to Philadelphia, but will not play.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    scoreboards very friendly to us Blueshirt fans,
    with the exception of the Bolts, taking back the 6th slot from our idle Rangers.

Great weekend ahead,....

Place Team Points Gms Left
    6th Bolts 88 4
    7th Rangers 87 5
    8th Habs 86 4
    9th Leafs 85 5
    10th Nassau 84 5
    11th Canes 84 4

platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    scoreboards very friendly to us Blueshirt fans,
    with the exception of the Bolts, taking back the 6th slot from our idle Rangers.

Great weekend ahead,....

Place Team Points Gms Left
    6th Bolts 88 4
    7th Rangers 87 5
    8th Habs 86 4
    9th Leafs 85 5
    10th Nassau 84 5
    11th Canes 84 4

GREAT SCOREBOARD NIGHT,, NO O.T. s and everyone lost

the sticks were awesome in the first
    howie rose said it was like a sat. morning scrimmage lol
    plus, we've had a few days off, while our opponents for tonight had to play the Devils last night.

Lets hope they are tired, but even tho- like i said earlier- i hope Hollweg and Orr are ready to rock .

platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    plus, we've had a few days off, while our opponents for tonight had to play the Devils last night.

Lets hope they are tired, but even tho- like i said earlier- i hope Hollweg and Orr are ready to rock .

also 3 in 4 nights for them

def. gonna be fights tonights BIG GAME

HAVE A GOOD DAY BATH

at least the game is at night :)

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!!
    Happy Birthday Mr Hockey

Gordie Howe turns 79 today.

TCB

platessmall.jpg
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    also 3 in 4 nights for them

def. gonna be fights tonights BIG GAME

HAVE A GOOD DAY BATH

at least the game is at night :)

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!!
    So who's gonna do all the fighting for the Flyers, Cote who fought Janssens last night ?
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    So who's gonna do all the fighting for the Flyers, Cote who fought Janssens last night ?

eager ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    eager ?
    So are you expecting a blood bath tonight, i mean after Kaberle got plastered by Janssens, all that happened here was a Belak Janssens fight the next time they played.But i guess the Flyers might want revenge cause they have nothing to play for, and things might get out of hand lol.

To bad Fedoruk wasn't playin so he could get knocked out for the third time this season.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    3-1 after 1 baby keep it going

LETS GO RANGERS
    2 POINTS ,, wasn't easy

better sure up the D

handle our own buisness

BIG GAME FROM JAGR

LET'S GO RANGER'S !!!
    SURPRISING NO FIGHTS

better off ,,didn't need that
    wake up boys

IAM SOO PSYCHED FOR TONIGHT

almost feel like im heading to a playoff game

we'll we basically are playing a playoff game

LET'S GO RANGER'S
    Rangers (40-29-9) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (38-29-11),
    7 p.m. ET

With their 6-4 victory over the Flyers in Philadelphia on Saturday night, the Rangers reached the 40-victory mark for the first time in back-to-back seasons since 1974. They also hit No. 40 for the 12th time in team history.

Four games still remain in their season, including tonight's meeting with Toronto at Madison Square Garden, but reaching 40 was extremely significant. That's because no Rangers team with 40 wins has ever failed to reach the playoffs, and the way things are going for these Blueshirts, the postseason is just around the corner.

The Rangers now need just two victories to clinch a playoff berth, particularly if those victories come in regulation tonight against the Maple Leafs and on Tuesday at the Nassau Coliseum. By reaching 93 points over these next two games -- one more than was needed for teams to make the playoffs last season -- the Rangers would effectively guarantee that neither Toronto nor the Islanders could finish ahead of them.

Eliminating the Leafs and Isles as threats by Wednesday would leave only Carolina with the potential to unseat the Blueshirts if they faltered in their last two, and the 'Canes would have to win all of their remaining games to make that happen.

Tonight's game is huge for both the Rangers and Toronto because:

• A Rangers victory would give them sole possession of sixth place with three games left to play. Sixth is no small matter, since that team will face the Southeast Division winner in the first round of the playoffs. The teams ranked No. 4 and 5 will enter the playoffs with better records than the Southeast champ, which will gain the high seed simply by virtue of winning its division.

• A Maple Leafs victory tonight would push Toronto into the playoff picture, enabling them to pass Montreal for eighth place. That would be a very satisfying outcome for Toronto, simply because they would displace their biggest divisional rival.

Both teams have the same sort of must-win motivation they would experience at any point in the postseason, so it's no stretch to call this a de facto playoff game. There's also no doubt that The Garden will be rocking as the Rangers look for a fourth straight win there. Over the past three wins, they have outscored their guests by a combined 14-1 margin.

It won't make tonight's game any less intense, but the Rangers have the luxury of knowing that no matter what happens tonight, Toronto can't pass them in the standings. Even though the Leafs are only two points back, they have two fewer wins than the Blueshirts this season, and total wins are the first tie-breaking factor in playoff seeding.

Another factor in the Rangers' favor is that while this is the second half of back-to-back games for both teams, Toronto had the tougher evening on Saturday. The Leafs were leading Pittsburgh 4-1 late in the second period at home before the Pens scored three times over the final 23:29 to force overtime. Toronto survived the scare, winning on Tomas Kaberle's goal at 3:55 of the OT, but the emotional game took a lot out of them.

The last team to come into The Garden after such an emotional win the night before was Montreal on Feb. 27, and the Rangers were able to capitalize on their opponent's fatigue factor in what became the first victory in the 11-2-3 surge that made the Blueshirts a playoff contender.

There are no shortage of similarities between the Leafs and Rangers. Both are Original Six teams from their country's largest markets. Both have high-profile European captains in the Rangers' Jaromir Jagr and Leafs' Mats Sundin, who scored the game-winner in a 2-1 Toronto victory when the teams last faced each other at MSG.

Like the Rangers, the Leafs are also coming off a strong month of March. Toronto went 8-4-2 over the past month with wins in three of their last four games and four of their last six. The Leafs haven't lost by more than one goals since a March 16 embarrassment at Washington.

Another bit of common ground between the teams is that they have enjoyed great goaltending from their main man in net. While Henrik Lundqvist has been the key to almost everything good that has happened to the Rangers over the past several weeks, Andrew Raycroft has had the same effect for Toronto. Raycroft has started 12 consecutive games, going 7-3-2 over that stretch. He also made 37 saves in the Leafs' Jan. 31 visit to The Garden, opening the door for Sundin's winner.

Given their recent surges, both the Rangers and Toronto could be going to the playoffs, and when they get there, they are both capable of causing problems for higher-seeded opponents. Tonight, however, they will be trying to make life miserable for each other, which is why this game could tell a lot about each team's postseason potential.

STANDINGS: Maple Leafs -- 87 points, 4th place, Northeast Division. Rangers -- 89 points, 3rd place, Atlantic Division

TEAM LEADERS: Maple Leafs -- Sundin, 27 goals, 44 assists and 71 points; Bryan McCabe, 113 PIM. Rangers -- Brendan Shanahan, Jagr and Martin Straka, 28 goals each; Jagr, 62 assists and 90 points; Sean Avery, 163 PIM.

SPECIAL TEAMS: Maple Leafs -- Power play: 17.4 percent (67 for 384). Penalty killing: 78.7 percent (319 for 405). Rangers -- Power play: 19.0 percent (74 for 390). Penalty killing: 84.0 percent (321 for 382).

GOALTENDERS: Maple Leafs -- Raycroft (36-23-9, 2, 2.91); Jean-Sebastien Aubin (2-5-2, 0, 3.42). Rangers -- Lundqvist (35-21-7, 5, 2.37); Stephen Valiquette (1-2-0, 0, 3.13).

2006-07 SEASON SERIES: Maple Leafs, 2-0-1 (Rangers, 1-2-0)

LAST MEETING: Jan. 31, 2007: Maple Leafs 2, Rangers 1 at Madison Square Garden. Leafs goaltender Raycroft made 37 saves, including numerous spectacular stops, leading his team to to victory. Despite outshooting the visitors by a wide 38-28 margin, the Rangers managed only one goal against Raycroft -- a second-period power play tally by Shanahan. The winning goal came at 6:32 of the third period, when Sundin went in on a breakaway against Lundqvist and fired a wrist shot into the top right corner for his 20th goal of the season.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Maple Leafs -- 19-14-6 on road; Rangers -- 19-15-5 at home
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Do a real hockey club a favor and beat those Leafs, ok?

:P
    Berth-O-Meter

platessmall.jpg
  • congratulations to jed ortmeyer, who was nominated by the ny chapter of the hockey writers association for the masterson trophy
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    congratulation to the NYRs

most wins by a team in March, ever

and first back to back 40 win seasons since the 70s.

Nice.

platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    congratulation to the NYRs

most wins by a team in March, ever

and first back to back 40 win seasons since the 70s.

Nice.

VERY NICE

LET'S GO RANGER'S!
    wonder which netminder will crack first.

im guessing raycroft ( or aubin - whichever)

all hail hail

king henrik

platessmall.jpg
  • this one has 4-3, 5-4 written all over it. that tucker-avery fight was pretty entertaining though..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • Bdog10Bdog10 Posts: 471
    "LET'S GO RANGERS"

I Love it. Kicking the shit out of the Leaf's in the biggest game of the year so far...

Transplant from NY, now living down here in the A. Could be a first round matchup with the Thrashers. Which is what I'm hoping for. A couple weeks ago when the boy's in blue came down here, there were a ton of Ranger fan's in the house. It was good to see.
    "I want to go...but I don't want to go alone...With you I could never feel alone..."

Randall's Island 96 and haven't stopped since...
    Sean Avery- with the # 1 star , and the Gordie Howe Hat trick .

NYR have gotten 37 out of a possible 52 points since Averys aquisition.

Fucking sweet- and even sweeter that after we win on Tuesday night out at the Garden East / Masoleum we clinch our postseason spot .

Lets hope we can get Atlanta in that first round and TCB .

platessmall.jpg
  • Thanks from a Canadiens fan!

Looking forward to shutting down Jagr (who is actually my favourite player) and the rest of ya on thursday! :)