Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    Ok Back To The Matter At Hand

Big Game Boys

The Habs Will Be Desperate And We Need To Stay Out Of The Box

Habs Had 3 Pp Goals Against Us During Our Last Visit To The Bell

Let's Go Ranger's!!!!!!!!

Too bad the refs are out to get us already.
    A better 2nd period. Goalie change for the Ragheads, though I don't think any of the goals were his fault.
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    hahah finally a game on TV....as soon as my kids are in bed, I sit down with a Guinness to start the 2nd period....Rangers with a 2 goal lead...gonna be a good night, right?.....hahah............three goals in under 5 minutes............ah fuck now it looks like 5-2
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    hahah finally a game on TV....as soon as my kids are in bed, I sit down with a Guinness to start the 2nd period....Rangers with a 2 goal lead...gonna be a good night, right?.....hahah............three goals in under 5 minutes............ah fuck now it looks like 5-2

So? You were right, it IS a good game. And now, at 5-2 Habs, it's a GREAT game :P

Hopefully we can hold you buggers off cause the defensive game is coming. Later than I was expecting, with a 2 goal lead and all, but soon...
    switching to glenlivet.......
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • what a shitload of fuck
    "The sun is shining, but not for me."
    what a shitload of fuck

Hopefully it gets deeper!

edit: The penalties in this game are just stupid, on both teams.
    pours some more scotch.......
    Fack... lucky bounce and then another. 1 goal game...
    Woo hoo! 6-4!
    Good work by Ryder resulting in that goal.

Now to stay outta the box.
    HUGE win for us tonight. Take that Rags!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    thanks for the help rags NOT
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• I don't claim to know anything about hockey or the rules but on the play where Sheldon Souray bascially pulls the old Bryan McCabe can opener move on Matt Cullen, how is that not penalized....
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    I don't claim to know anything about hockey or the rules but on the play where Sheldon Souray bascially pulls the old Bryan McCabe can opener move on Matt Cullen, how is that not penalized....

me either, but why are we afraid of hitting these dudes and showing some physicality ?

well, at least we are still in 6th place.

and at least we get 1 more chance at redemption at these scHabs at MSG.

goodnight all.

[size=+3] - _/ _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ \_ - [/size]
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    me either, but why are we afraid of hitting these dudes and showing some physicality ?

well, at least we are still in 6th place.

and at least we get 1 more chance at redemption at these scHabs at MSG.

that game may decide weather we get in or not, how funny would it be if the rags got the isles into the playoffs

[size=+10] LETS GO ISLANDERS [/size]

peace
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

that game may decide weather we get in or not, how funny would it be if the rags got the isles into the playoffs

[size=+10] LETS GO ISLANDERS [/size]

peace

Well it'd be even funnier if you both missed them.
    Rygar wrote:
    Well it'd be even funnier if you both missed them.

boy 1 win, and look at the scHabs fans,...

how about if the scHabs dont make it in,

thats way more likely.

platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    boy 1 win, and look at the scHabs fans,...

how about if the scHabs dont make it in,

thats way more likely.

I'm a Habs fan win or lose, so don't give me the bandwagon bull.
    Why is it more likely that Mtl won't make it in, besides the tougher sked?
    plain and simple, revel in your teams victory, but do so knowing that our defensemen just didnt show up.

BlueshirtBulletin
    This time, he couldn't do it. He couldn't pull another rabbit out of his hat. This time, the defensive errors were just too egregious, too much to overcome. You could sense what was to come in the first period when a pair of unforced errors by Michal Rozsival during a Ranger power play made the Montreal penalty killers look like they were the ones with the advantage. In the second period, after a good first minute or so for the Rangers, a power play handed to the best power play team in the league was all it took to turn the game around completely -- and it was a Rozsival gaffe with most of the advantage already killed off that broke the dam. Martin Straka's turnover trying to turn the play back into the Ranger end and a rare bad decision by Dan Girardi let the Habs tie it 32 seconds later. Things just went south from there.

And yet, a couple of floaters from the point later, it was 5-4 with more than half a period left, and it looked like the Rangers might pull off an inspirational miracle. With Tom Renney furiously juggling lines -- ostensibly to find some offense, but really to find a way to hide Straka, who had his worst game as Ranger by far -- the Rangers had some chances to score, both before and after their near-comeback. There were breakaways, there were power plays -- but there were no goals, except for the ones that came in off the point and were deflected or put in on the rebound if they didn't go straight in. And those were, in the immortal words of the late Howard Cosell, too little, too late.
    platessmall.jpg
    Provide your excuse, but do so knowing that for every team, for every loss, there's always more than one excuse.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Well the beloved Leaves are gonna make it in, sorry habs fans. Those blueshirts should have whoopped your ass, but now i guess the Leafs will just have to take care of there own buissness.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Well the beloved Leaves are gonna make it in, sorry habs fans. Those blueshirts should have whoopped your ass, but now i guess the Leafs will just have to take care of there own buissness.

Just like the last two times. Good job Laffs!
    Hockey Rodent

Breathe, Breathe, Breathe

Tue, Mar 27, 11:00 PM Pacific

Look. We may not know until Saturday whether Tuesday's loss in Montreal was an anomoly or an ominous turn of fortune. All we can do at this time is speculate.

• Did the guys plum fade in their seventh game over twelve dates... and third contest in four days?

• Was it Marek Malik's fault for chasing the puck behind the goal line while killing a Canadien power play?

• Was it a case of being too undisciplined against an adversary sporting the single best power play efficiency in the league - a factoid their coach had mentioned on more than one occasion?

• Is it Tom Renney's fault to reverting to the conventional line combinations instead of the inverted trios which ignited the Blueshirts' latest push?

• Was it something you or I did during the first intermission such that our normal game routines were deviated from, casting bad mojo upon Petr Prucha and Co.?

• Are one or more of our heroes suffering from the flu?

It might be anything, my friends... or a combination of the above. It doesn't matter.

What matters is whether the outcome of tonight's upending will carry over to Saturday and beyond.

Is Henke's unconscious string of lights-out performances a thing of the past? Or was this a mere hiccup en route to a respectable finish and a postseason date with the champion of the Southeastern Division?

I'm at a disadvantage to tell you because I will not be able to view the game at all. High winds in SoCal knocked over all the satellite dishes atop Tower A and my television screen keeps blinking "Searching for signal." You'd think high winds knocked out the satellite itself!

Dis-ir-regardless... the probability is high that Tom is telling his minions to shake it off and get some rest. Indeed... if I'm coaching the club, I'm contemplating hotel rooms from this Friday through next Saturday... even for home games so as to focus the mind-set on the task at hand.

The Rangers are already in their playoff push. And that demands ritualistic concentration. You want to shut out all distractions, if at all possible. So I'd treat this weekend as the beginning of a long west coast road trip with emphasis on bonding and uniform dedication to the objective.

But that's just me. I'm a squirrel.

• • •

If it truly is the end of Lundqvist's stinginess, then let us celebrate this extended record-setting delivery of consistency by The King since mid-January which concluded Sunday afternoon. During that span he allowed as many as four goals just once! More than half the time, he allowed fewer than two tallies to the opposition.

Not only did he knit together three distinct top-ten mini-streaks of at least seven consecutive starts (see bottom of page)... His extended run of twenty-nine games was as good as Mike Dunham's amazing ten-game string from December 31, 2002 through January 23, 2003 both on a GAA and save percentage basis. What's so remarkable is that Henke sustained this frenetic pace almost three times as long as did his predecessor!

Not to mention Henke did it in a season during which 16% more goals per game are being scored league-wide than when Dunham guarded the twine in MSG.

The Rangers visit Philadelphia on Saturday rested a full three days. The Flyers will be at home, of course. But they will have skated in East Rutherford the night before. Perhaps Ben Eager won't have quite the starch in his sweater against New York.

platessmall.jpg
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Hockey Rodent

Breathe, Breathe, Breathe

Tue, Mar 27, 11:00 PM Pacific

Look. We may not know until Saturday whether Tuesday's loss in Montreal was an anomoly or an ominous turn of fortune. All we can do at this time is speculate.

• Did the guys plum fade in their seventh game over twelve dates... and third contest in four days?

• Was it Marek Malik's fault for chasing the puck behind the goal line while killing a Canadien power play?

• Was it a case of being too undisciplined against an adversary sporting the single best power play efficiency in the league - a factoid their coach had mentioned on more than one occasion?

• Is it Tom Renney's fault to reverting to the conventional line combinations instead of the inverted trios which ignited the Blueshirts' latest push?

• Was it something you or I did during the first intermission such that our normal game routines were deviated from, casting bad mojo upon Petr Prucha and Co.?

• Are one or more of our heroes suffering from the flu?

It might be anything, my friends... or a combination of the above. It doesn't matter.

What matters is whether the outcome of tonight's upending will carry over to Saturday and beyond.

Is Henke's unconscious string of lights-out performances a thing of the past? Or was this a mere hiccup en route to a respectable finish and a postseason date with the champion of the Southeastern Division?

I'm at a disadvantage to tell you because I will not be able to view the game at all. High winds in SoCal knocked over all the satellite dishes atop Tower A and my television screen keeps blinking "Searching for signal." You'd think high winds knocked out the satellite itself!

Dis-ir-regardless... the probability is high that Tom is telling his minions to shake it off and get some rest. Indeed... if I'm coaching the club, I'm contemplating hotel rooms from this Friday through next Saturday... even for home games so as to focus the mind-set on the task at hand.

The Rangers are already in their playoff push. And that demands ritualistic concentration. You want to shut out all distractions, if at all possible. So I'd treat this weekend as the beginning of a long west coast road trip with emphasis on bonding and uniform dedication to the objective.

But that's just me. I'm a squirrel.

• • •

If it truly is the end of Lundqvist's stinginess, then let us celebrate this extended record-setting delivery of consistency by The King since mid-January which concluded Sunday afternoon. During that span he allowed as many as four goals just once! More than half the time, he allowed fewer than two tallies to the opposition.

Not only did he knit together three distinct top-ten mini-streaks of at least seven consecutive starts (see bottom of page)... His extended run of twenty-nine games was as good as Mike Dunham's amazing ten-game string from December 31, 2002 through January 23, 2003 both on a GAA and save percentage basis. What's so remarkable is that Henke sustained this frenetic pace almost three times as long as did his predecessor!

Not to mention Henke did it in a season during which 16% more goals per game are being scored league-wide than when Dunham guarded the twine in MSG.

The Rangers visit Philadelphia on Saturday rested a full three days. The Flyers will be at home, of course. But they will have skated in East Rutherford the night before. Perhaps Ben Eager won't have quite the starch in his sweater against New York.

i knew it I ATE DINNER AFTER THE 1ST... DAM
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i knew it I ATE DINNER AFTER THE 1ST... DAM

LOL
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    LOL

i did,,, and i never do that

plus i answered the phone,,and my friend goes : WHAT A FIRST PERIOD"

and im like uh oh ,,we were up 2-0 in jan and they tied us quick
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i did,,, and i never do that

plus i answered the phone,,and my friend goes : WHAT A FIRST PERIOD"

and im like uh oh ,,we were up 2-0 in jan and they tied us quick

so it was your fault- not our sleeping defensemen !

;)

we gettem one more time- at home

we'll let hollweg loose on them !

platessmall.jpg
  • since dolan owns the rangers, saw this on newsday.com:

A black garbage bag containing a human leg was found Wednesday morning washed ashore on an ultra-exclusive private beach in Cove Neck belonging to Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan, Nassau County Police said.

Detectives from the Nassau County Police Homicide Squad said the trash bag was found by an unidentified person, believed to be a caretaker, at about 8:50 a.m. Wednesday.

"Upon further examination, it turned out to be human body parts," Det. Sgt. Richard Laursen said. Laursen later said the bag contained the lower part of a human leg, but declined to provide any further details.

It was unclear if Dolan was at home at the time.

Police also would not say if the leg was that of a man or a woman and declined to identify the race of the remains.

The beach is located at the end of a private drive off several addresses on Cove Neck Road listed to the Dolan family, including James Dolan and his father, Cablevision president Charles F. Dolan. The beach borders Oyster Bay Harbor.

Police said Wednesday it is unclear when the bag containing the leg washed up on the beach -- and if it washed ashore after drifting through the Long Island Sound.

Initial reports Wednesday indicated that as part of their investigation police were planning to contact police in Connecticut where, reportedly, a human torso had been found recently in the Long Island Sound. Police confirmed they planned to check with Connecticut law enforcement officials, but had yet to do so.

The ultra-exclusive section of Nassau County is a hilly, leafy neighborhood dotted with multi-million-dollar mansions situated on multi-acre plots on a thumblike block of land north of Oyster Bay Cove. Into Wednesday afternoon police still had the area cordoned off as Nassau Homicide Squad detectives, Old Brookville Police, members of the Nassau County Medical Examiner's Office and the Nassau Police Department Marine Bureau combed the private beach searching for clues.

A Nassau Police Air Bureau helicopter crew was conducting an aerial search of the shoreline. A Nassau Police Marine Bureau patrol boat crew was busily canvasing boaters.

A police underwater search and rescue team was conducting a "grid search" along the shoreline in Oyster Bay Harbor, police said, while other officers were scanning the waters with binoculars.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    too bad it wasn't his ;)
    since dolan owns the rangers, saw this on newsday.com:

A black garbage bag containing a human leg was found Wednesday morning washed ashore on an ultra-exclusive private beach in Cove Neck belonging to Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan, Nassau County Police said.

Detectives from the Nassau County Police Homicide Squad said the trash bag was found by an unidentified person, believed to be a caretaker, at about 8:50 a.m. Wednesday.

"Upon further examination, it turned out to be human body parts," Det. Sgt. Richard Laursen said. Laursen later said the bag contained the lower part of a human leg, but declined to provide any further details.

It was unclear if Dolan was at home at the time.

Police also would not say if the leg was that of a man or a woman and declined to identify the race of the remains.

The beach is located at the end of a private drive off several addresses on Cove Neck Road listed to the Dolan family, including James Dolan and his father, Cablevision president Charles F. Dolan. The beach borders Oyster Bay Harbor.

Police said Wednesday it is unclear when the bag containing the leg washed up on the beach -- and if it washed ashore after drifting through the Long Island Sound.

Initial reports Wednesday indicated that as part of their investigation police were planning to contact police in Connecticut where, reportedly, a human torso had been found recently in the Long Island Sound. Police confirmed they planned to check with Connecticut law enforcement officials, but had yet to do so.

The ultra-exclusive section of Nassau County is a hilly, leafy neighborhood dotted with multi-million-dollar mansions situated on multi-acre plots on a thumblike block of land north of Oyster Bay Cove. Into Wednesday afternoon police still had the area cordoned off as Nassau Homicide Squad detectives, Old Brookville Police, members of the Nassau County Medical Examiner's Office and the Nassau Police Department Marine Bureau combed the private beach searching for clues.

A Nassau Police Air Bureau helicopter crew was conducting an aerial search of the shoreline. A Nassau Police Marine Bureau patrol boat crew was busily canvasing boaters.

A police underwater search and rescue team was conducting a "grid search" along the shoreline in Oyster Bay Harbor, police said, while other officers were scanning the waters with binoculars.

maybe it was chris simon ,....
    maybe he tomahwaked someone to death,...
    platessmall.jpg