2007 Yankees

Comments

• Pinella. He's drop the Cubs like they were hot for this gig.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    fuck pinella he sucks to,,,,takes out his ace after 85 pitches for a game that never happened
    keep mo

posada to the mets

arod to whoever wants him

save that money for johan

than ur rotation in 2 years is santana wang hughes joba and ian kennedy not to shabby
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    keep mo

posada to the mets

arod to whoever wants him

save that money for johan

than ur rotation in 2 years is santana wang hughes joba and ian kennedy not to shabby

what are you talking about? They need to keep Posada around for as long as he can play and they are willing to pay him.
    He hit .338 this year
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie wrote:
    what are you talking about? They need to keep Posada around for as long as he can play and they are willing to pay him.
    He hit .338 this year

he is mid 30's and he will never have another year like this
    so people will be overpaying him and we should not imo
    signing him for long term at big money is not the best thing to do
    catchers break down and he has been around for awhile
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Solat13 wrote:
    Just curious what Yankees fans think about the rumors about big Stein wanting Tony LaRusso taking over the Yanks?
    w
    heard them talkin bout it on Mike n Mike today..like they said...how will he hold up in this meida circus u know?
    Girardi already knows what he has to deal with. He would be my top candidate hands down..One Joe passes the reigns over to the next Joe ;)
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    bro...dont sleep on Jorge
    I said the same thing about Pudge and Pudge has been around a LOT longer and he STILL got it. I think we can get another yr or 2, let a younger catcher come up under him like Jorge came up under Girardi
    Jorge was this yrs. Joe Mauer
    NY PJ1 wrote:

You don't know what he'll do next year
    He's part of the old guard, a veteran, he can be a mentor

I don't think he should be signed long term either, maybe a 1 yr deal
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    stickboy wrote:
    bro...dont sleep on Jorge
    I said the same thing about Pudge and Pudge has been around a LOT longer and he STILL got it. I think we can get another yr or 2, let a younger catcher come up under him like Jorge came up under Girardi
    Jorge was this yrs. Joe Mauer

One thing you have to remember about Posada. He's 35, but a young 35 in catching terms. He's caught 700 fewer games than Pudge has. So he probably has a lot more in the tank than Pudge does even though they are the same age.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    stickboy wrote:
    w
    heard them talkin bout it on Mike n Mike today..like they said...how will he hold up in this meida circus u know?
    Girardi already knows what he has to deal with. He would be my top candidate hands down..One Joe passes the reigns over to the next Joe ;)

agreed
    but
    I think Mattingly would do a good job also
    he knows the players too and I think they might have a little bit more reverence for Donnie b/c of his history

some of these players like DJ and Jorgie have played with Joe, it might be a little weird for them to take orders from Joe G.
    We'll see how it goes.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Anyone know what else was said on mike and the mad dog today about this all??
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    Solat13 wrote:
    One thing you have to remember about Posada. He's 35, but a young 35 in catching terms. He's caught 700 fewer games than Pudge has. So he probably has a lot more in the tank than Pudge does even though they are the same age.
    fuck yea dude. And Torre hasnt overused him these past few yrs either. I'll give him another 2-3 good to decent yrs if they have a good lineup behind him.
    But we'll def have to start looking ahead for a future catcher soon.
    Allie wrote:
    agreed
    but
    I think Mattingly would do a good job also
    he knows the players too and I think they might have a little bit more reverence for Donnie b/c of his history

some of these players like DJ and Jorgie have played with Joe, it might be a little weird for them to take orders from Joe G.
    We'll see how it goes.
    true true..big Mattingly fan here so you wont hear me argue that.
    Look, DJ and Jorge, Mo, those guys were young and Girardi back then was the veteran leader...people after a few yrs were saying he's like an assitant coach. If anything they will be on the same page and those guys would want him back before a Larussa or a Piniella. Im just guessing how they would feel. Its not like Joe G would ORDER Jeet to practice or whatever. Torre didnt have to do much coaching with those guys either.
  • The Champ wrote:
    Yes, but since our team can't fucking win anything, we must find pleasure and some sense of satisfaction somehow. I know it's fucked up, but you're right, I kinda felt like I won something last night :)..

That's exactly why the Mets will always be NY's red headed stepchild baseball team. The Yankees simply got beat by a better team. people show their baseball ignorance when they say things like they are bitches because they lost, or that they choked. What, is their 1 World Series champion and 29 chokers?
    stickboy wrote:
    true true..big Mattingly fan here so you wont hear me argue that.
    Look, DJ and Jorge, Mo, those guys were young and Girardi back then was the veteran leader...people after a few yrs were saying he's like an assitant coach. If anything they will be on the same page and those guys would want him back before a Larussa or a Piniella. Im just guessing how they would feel. Its not like Joe G would ORDER Jeet to practice or whatever. Torre didnt have to do much coaching with those guys either.

those are good points

I can't see bringing Lou back again and I think they'd want to 'hire from within'

my dad says all they're saying on the radio is that Joe T is done.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    That's exactly why the Mets will always be NY's red headed stepchild baseball team. The Yankees simply got beat by a better team. people show their baseball ignorance when they say things like they are bitches because they lost, or that they choked. What, is their 1 World Series champion and 29 chokers?

exactly ,,but they dont understand

so let them laugh at us because they will never ever be #1 in new york
  • Posada has to be brought back, 2-3 years, but even more important, they have to find the guy who is the catcher of the future (either in the system or thru the draft) and get him up here ASAP for a Girardi/Posada like duo. then in the 2nd or 3rd year of Posada's deal, he can catch 100 games, DH 20-30, and his age won't be an issue
    Allie wrote:
    those are good points

I can't see bringing Lou back again and I think they'd want to 'hire from within'

my dad says all they're saying on the radio is that Joe T is done.
    of course...because the media is tired of Joe..they want something new :rolleyes: thats the NY media for ya :(

Joe T himself prolly dont wanna come back
    for what?
    he did his thing, has 4 rings, will go to the hall of fame and go down as one of the best yankee coaches ever.
    Posada has to be brought back, 2-3 years, but even more important, they have to find the guy who is the catcher of the future (either in the system or thru the draft) and get him up here ASAP for a Girardi/Posada like duo. then in the 2nd or 3rd year of Posada's deal, he can catch 100 games, DH 20-30, and his age won't be an issue
    exactly. But we might have to go thru free agency... I know we havent had a catching prospect of his caliber for a while and Im not too sure what we have down there right now.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    hats off to the indians.

we were outpitched,outhit, & outplayed.

I personally hope that Joe Torre returns, but we all know what can happen as a result of our early exit.

say goodbye to Clemens, Mussina, and try to shore up our rotation.
    Please keep Mariano and Posada here in the Bronx.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • I don't think there's much, as it seems any catcher they draft flops badly. Problem is, good catchers, especially young good catchers just don't get to free agency.
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    say goodbye to Clemens, Mussina, and try to shore up our rotation.
    Please keep Mariano and Posada here in the Bronx.

Mussina will be back, he's under contract for next year. Hopefully he figues out how to get people out with stuff that just isn't what it used to be. The rotation will probably be Pettitte, Wang, Hughes, Joba, and Mussina, with Kennedy as the 6th man, ready to step in if Pettitte soesn't come back (I think he will) Joba stays in the pen (I doubt that will happen) or Mussina does not improve
    I don't think there's much, as it seems any catcher they draft flops badly. Problem is, good catchers, especially young good catchers just don't get to free agency.
    thats what I figured..off the top of my head I can only name a hadful and Im sure they'l all be locked long term. Theres a couple of decent guys I remember from my fantasy team that we can maybe make a trade for.
    stickboy wrote:
    of course...because the media is tired of Joe..they want something new :rolleyes: thats the NY media for ya :(

Joe T himself prolly dont wanna come back
    for what?
    he did his thing, has 4 rings, will go to the hall of fame and go down as one of the best yankee coaches ever.

lol I just got dogged out by my Sox and Mets fan friend. He was like 'don't talk to me about the bugs, you got outplayed" :( Hee hee.

Did you hear from your Yankee hater friends yet?

If I were Joe I would retire. I think that's too much pressure for any rational person to have to put up with, being dogged in the media that if you don't win, you're fired, in the middle of the series!
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    I don't think there's much, as it seems any catcher they draft flops badly. Problem is, good catchers, especially young good catchers just don't get to free agency.
    do we have a good catcher in the minor leagues?
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie wrote:
    lol I just got dogged out by my Sox and Mets fan friend. He was like 'don't talk to me about the bugs, you got outplayed" :( Hee hee.

Did you hear from your Yankee hater friends yet?

If I were Joe I would retire. I think that's too much pressure for any rational person to have to put up with, being dogged in the media that if you don't win, you're fired, in the middle of the series!
    babe
    all my friends outside of here are anti yankee..lol I deal with it every day! ALl year round! You had to see what I went thru when we were 14 and a half back. They wrote us for dead! Its why Im happy that we at LEAST made the playoffs cause from all of them I WAS the only one who had a team to root for! AND we didnt get swept so that gave me more reason to pop shit to them unti last night...they were all REALLY quiet tho until that last out! lmao!
    stickboy wrote:
    babe
    all my friends outside of here are anti yankee..lol I deal with it every day! ALl year round! You had to see what I went thru when we were 14 and a half back. They wrote us for dead! Its why Im happy that we at LEAST made the playoffs cause from all of them I WAS the only one who had a team to root for! AND we didnt get swept so that gave me more reason to pop shit to them unti last night...they were all REALLY quiet tho until that last out! lmao!
    lol

I have one other friend who is a Yankee fan.

And where I used to work, I worked with several doctors that were diehard fans.

I had the newspaper covers from 98, 99 and 2000 hanging in my cubicle! :)
    Some of my co-workers were at that Game 7 03 ALCS game, they said it was the greatest game they had ever seen in their lives.

yeah I'm glad we didn't get swept either

my dad likes the Yankees but he also rooted for the Red Sox way back in the day. He's real old school. He was happy when they finally won a Series b/c he could say he saw it in his lifetime

I don't know if I can take it if they win AGAIN!? Oh no.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    I met a lot of cool boston cats due to pearl jam since 2003 and when they won it like your dad said at least he got to see it in his lifetime and I was kinda happy for them ONLY because I remember the feeling of what it was like when my Rangers won after 54 yrs! It sucked it had to be at our expense but it happens..to be the best you gotta beat the best and they did.

oh and I just got the text from the marlins fan

theres always next yr.. :rolleyes:
    unbelievable...
    stickboy wrote:
    I met a lot of cool boston cats due to pearl jam since 2003 and when they won it like your dad said at least he got to see it in his lifetime and I was kinda happy for them ONLY because I remember the feeling of what it was like when my Rangers won after 54 yrs! It sucked it had to be at our expense but it happens..to be the best you gotta beat the best and they did.

oh and I just got the text from the marlins fan

theres always next yr.. :rolleyes:
    unbelievable...

Oh NO! Ugh. Mean, just mean.

I was happy to see the Sox fans get a World Series, it was such a historical, incredible moment. It was surreal, it was like you couldn't believe you were watching it. I saw the last out.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy