2007 Yankees

Comments

• AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    cos you're dead wrong and the narcissistic arrogance you share with most new yorkers is disgusting and annoying.
    riiiight
    cause you're neither narcissistic or arrogant?

honey you are a honorary New Yorker :)
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Allie wrote:
    If we beat you guys, would you not be bummed out? Would you? Would you be happy about your beloved team losing?

I would be bummed, but I would also be proud, and more than happy, that the Indians made it to the playoffs and put up a fight. Yes, winning the World Series would be amazing - I'd love nothing more than to see that. However, I'm content and happy with them simply making the post-season and having the best record in baseball. The World Series isn't everything, basically. At least outside of the Yankee world. ;):)
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Allie wrote:
    yeah but see, here's the thing, you're coming into our thread, so you're like a visitor, a guest in our house so to speak. And you're insulting me and coming off as smug and condescending. How else do you expect for someone else to respond to that?

You can do a search feature for threads or start one yourself.

I wasn't bragging about our larger thread, I was commenting because it is a matter of fact that there are only 4 pages of commentary on the team in your thread, for the whole year, and now all of a sudden everyone is coming into our thread to comment on us losing.

I stand corrected on your support of your team, but if you had said that from the get go instead of coming in here and making comments about why people hate the Yankees, on the night they lose, when obviously I'm not going to be happy about it, well, again, I don't know how else you expect someone to react to that.

But there's no need to go into how I'm going to be "laughed" at, your explanation would suffice.

I am not "throwing a fit,' I am just bummed out.
    If we beat you guys, would you not be bummed out? Would you? Would you be happy about your beloved team losing?
    I don't think you would, so please don't tell me how to feel or that my reaction is immature. That's the way I see things.
    You're assuming my reaction to the Red Sox based on my support of the Yankees. Even though I'm not a fan of them, I still think they have a good ballclub.

got to admit, she's got a point ... it's gotta suck that there's just a ton of bashing going on when they just lost ... not every non-Yanks fan is doing it, but there's a lot of piling on so to speak ...

As a die-hard Red Sox fan, I can empithize with how much my team is hated .... and I would be bummed if my team just got booted, last thing I'd want is everyone coming in here taunting me.

Most of the Yanks fans in this thread aren't the obnoxious fans you hear about...they're good people ...

remember, we're all Pearl Jam fans ... you might be rockin out next to them some time in the near future at a show.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Ok, figured it out
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    igotid88 wrote:
    okaaay. i'm anything but narcissistic or arrogant. i forget what this was about.

"well if the yankees aren't playing, baseball must be boring." they are clearly the only reason to ever watch baseball yeah?
  • Ok, now that my quote is out of the way, on to the more important stuff. Congratulations to the Indians and their fans. The better team won, team being the key word. The Yankees obviously have better players, but the Indians were the better team.

I wish the Indians luck against Boston. Hopefully CC or Fausto have the balls to put a fastball in Manny's ear if he does his stand at homeplate and watch his homerun, then walk around the bases bullshit.

I thought they were gonna clobber Byrd, and 8 hits and 2 walks in 5 innings is damn near a clobbering, but they just could not get the big hit when needed.

That ARod strikeout in the 1st was a killer. 2 on, one out. Need a hit there, bigtime. The whole game changes with a hit there. They'd have the bullpen up he got a hit there.

Joe Torre showed again that he just has so much class in his press conference. That said, I think it's time for a change. call me spoiled or whatever, I just have this feeling that with Torre here, every year is gonna end with a division title and 4 playoff games. Torre is pure class and handles people better than anyone, but he just doesn't handle the X's and O's that well.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Allie wrote:
    riiiight
    cause you're neither narcissistic or arrogant?

honey you are a honorary New Yorker :)

the difference being, i'll admit im spewing shit most of the time. new yawkahs seem to honestly believe their shit don't stink and anything that happens outside their city is meaningless. it's a modern day narcissus... a city obsessed with staring blindly in self-congratulation into its own mirror.
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I wish the Indians luck against Boston. Hopefully CC or Fausto have the balls to put a fastball in Manny's ear if he does his stand at homeplate and watch his homerun, then walk around the bases bullshit.

that is one of the funniest (and truest) things that i have heard all day.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    "well if the yankees aren't playing, baseball must be boring." they are clearly the only reason to ever watch baseball yeah?

well for me it is. unless the mets made it. other than when i was a kid and the yankees weren't making the playoffs did I enjoy watching it. now there's just too much going on. i hope they go to a 7 game division series.
    I miss igotid88
  • 2 things from the game tonight:

What did everyone think about the Shoppach hit by pitch? I thought it hit the bat, not his hand myself, but besides that, even if it did hit his hand, shouldn't that have been considered a swing, and therefore a strike?

Obviously spitballs are illegal, but why are pitchers allowed to spit on their hand as the catcher throws them the ball? I saw Byrd do that a few times tonight, and I've seen others do it this season.
    the difference being, i'll admit im spewing shit most of the time. new yawkahs seem to honestly believe their shit don't stink and anything that happens outside their city is meaningless. it's a modern day narcissus... a city obsessed with staring blindly in self-congratulation into its own mirror.
    have you ever been to NY?
    once again, you make a generalization and presume and assume to know how all 9 million of us act.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    2 things from the game tonight:

What did everyone think about the Shoppach hit by pitch? I thought it hit the bat, not his hand myself, but besides that, even if it did hit his hand, shouldn't that have been considered a swing, and therefore a strike?

Obviously spitballs are illegal, but why are pitchers allowed to spit on their hand as the catcher throws them the ball? I saw Byrd do that a few times tonight, and I've seen others do it this season.

I didn't see #2

#1 on the replays on TBS it did look like it hit his hand therefore if that is the case, if it hit him I believe it counts as HBP but I'm not sure

on the YES replays it looks like it hit the bat and they sold it.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    2 things from the game tonight:

it did hit the bat. i didn't think torre should've pulled wang yet. i felt he was gonna get a dp. But Mussina did okay. But he should've shut them out. it could've been a tie game.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    it did hit the bat. i didn't think torre should've pulled wang yet. i felt he was gonna get a dp. But Mussina did okay. But he should've shut them out. it could've been a tie game.
    the runs he gave up were charged to Wang though, weren't they?

I think moose should've started the game, actually. Wang may have had the better record but Moose has the post season experience to go on. Wang could've backed him up out of the pen.

Blech.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Allie wrote:

I think moose should've started the game, actually. Wang may have had the better record but Moose has the post season experience to go on. Wang could've backed him up out of the pen.

Blech.

I was all for Wang starting tonight, so I can't say otherwise now. His home ERA, plus how all the experts were saying how his sinker would be even better on short rest had me sold. Mussina did a nice job. I hope he comes back strong next year, I've always liked him. But the way he pitched this year, I just didn't trust him to start tonight
    I was all for Wang starting tonight, so I can't say otherwise now. His home ERA, plus how all the experts were saying how his sinker would be even better on short rest had me sold. Mussina did a nice job. I hope he comes back strong next year, I've always liked him. But the way he pitched this year, I just didn't trust him to start tonight

yeah but he looked better than Wang

there's something about that playoff experience, that veteran experience that doesn't show up on paper. ..
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie wrote:

Blech.

But he gave up 2 runs after.
    I miss igotid88
  • no doubt. I'm very disapponted in Wang. he gets the ALDS LVP award.
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    igotid88 wrote:
    Andruw is gonna want a big payday. Are you basing this if Abreu's option isn't picked up?
    I think Bobby comes back, Johnny gets another year and Melky stays put, but Johnny Damons not an everyday oputfielder anymore and neither is matsui, and if Bobby Abreu doesnt do better next yr than we gonna need a RF too for the near future at least
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
    igotid88 wrote:
    But he gave up 2 runs after.
    they weren't charged to Wang?
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • I'd be shocked if they don't pick up Abreu's option. I think they'll see if they can get something back for Damon, though they'll obviously have to eat some of his contract, which has 2 years and $26 million left. I'd like to see them go after Rowand, and split LF between Matsui and Melky. I'd also like to see Duncan get a real good look in the OF in spring training.
    Allie wrote:
    yeah but he looked better than Wang

there's something about that playoff experience, that veteran experience that doesn't show up on paper. ..

it probably didn't matter either way. everything was going right for cleveland. they got most of the calls. their balls were hit at the right spots. they hit a good pitch and got lucky. these games are all about luck. we got them in the 90's. also they were watching video of their last at bats. So maybe that helped also.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    it probably didn't matter either way. everything was going right for cleveland. they got most of the calls. their balls were hit at the right spots. they hit a good pitch and got lucky. these games are all about luck. we got them in the 90's. also they were watching video of their last at bats. So maybe that helped also.

it's partially luck but it's also starting pitching and their pitching was just downright better than ours, except for Andy but his didn't factor into the decision

and their hitting was better. They kept showing that stat about 2 out hits, it was crazy. We had runners on base, the bases loaded, and nothing to show for it
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    I'd be shocked if they don't pick up Abreu's option. I think they'll see if they can get something back for Damon, though they'll obviously have to eat some of his contract, which has 2 years and $26 million left. I'd like to see them go after Rowand, and split LF between Matsui and Melky. I'd also like to see Duncan get a real good look in the OF in spring training.
    Im thinking since Giambis prolly done with us. Matsui wil DH more and if we dont wind up getting a free agent outfielder then try Duncan out there. It cant hurt and the kids got power. I juts hope he doesnt turn iinto Kevin Maas, or Shane Spencer
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
    Allie wrote:
    they weren't charged to Wang?

Wang gave up 4 and Mussina gave up 2. And Mussina was pitching when 2 ( i think) of Wang's runners came in to score. But they were charged to Wang cuz they were his responsibilty.
    I miss igotid88
    Allie wrote:
    it's partially luck but it's also starting pitching and their pitching was just downright better than ours, except for Andy but his didn't factor into the decision

and their hitting was better. They kept showing that stat about 2 out hits, it was crazy. We had runners on base, the bases loaded, and nothing to show for it

which is why the pitching lineup should've been hughes , pettitte and wang then clemens. but nothing you can do now.
    I miss igotid88
    Allie wrote:

yea but it's still luck. A-rod had fouled a few pitches straight back if he were in an indians uniform they would've been homeruns or doubles off the wall. for instance.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    Wang gave up 4 and Mussina gave up 2. And Mussina was pitching when 2 ( i think) of Wang's runners came in to score. But they were charged to Wang cuz they were his responsibilty.
    that's what I was saying

I mean yeah Moose gave up the runs but he was coming in the middle of an inning to clean up that mess
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • stickboy wrote:
    Im thinking since Giambis prolly done with us. Matsui wil DH more and if we dont wind up getting a free agent outfielder then try Duncan out there. It cant hurt and the kids got power. I juts hope he doesnt turn iinto Kevin Maas, or Shane Spencer

I would love for Giambi to be done. Hopefully they can find somebody willing to gamble a few prospects for him.
    igotid88 wrote:
    yea but it's still luck. A-rod had fouled a few pitches straight back if he were in an indians uniform they would've been homeruns or doubles off the wall. for instance.
    I disagree

good pitching beats good hitting as the Indians proved.

Their pitching was simply better and as such our hitting faltered

and then there was the thing with the bugs. It was a bad omen for the whole series. It wasn't supposed to be our year.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!