2007 Yankees

Comments

• AstroFanAstroFan Posts: 193
    Nice to see so many people freaking out about A-Rod after 2 games in which the Yankees have scored a total of 4 runs. He has still been on base as many times as Jorge Posada and Derek Jeter combined, and Derek Jeter has K'd as many times as A-Rod.

If they lose this series, it will be because the Indians pitching staff shut down their entire offense, not because of A-Rods first 6 AB's in the series.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    AstroFan wrote:
    Nice to see so many people freaking out about A-Rod after 2 games in which the Yankees have scored a total of 4 runs. He has still been on base as many times as Jorge Posada and Derek Jeter combined, and Derek Jeter has K'd as many times as A-Rod.

If they lose this series, it will be because the Indians pitching staff shut down their entire offense, not because of A-Rods first 6 AB's in the series.

totally agree no one is hitting, but i have always disliked arod,,never wanted him here from the beginning so i cant help but take it out on him
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    totally agree no one is hitting, but i have always disliked arod,,never wanted him here from the beginning so i cant help but take it out on him

he's better than going 0-23 with 23ks.
    I miss igotid88
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    NY PJ1 wrote:

it's rare that i ever disagree with a ranger fan, but.... what the hell?

how can anyone say that they do not want A-ROD on their team? like it or not... he is the best player in baseball. i dont see how 50 hrs and 150 rbi's can really hurt a team.

fuck, the sox just won.
    it's rare that i ever disagree with a ranger fan, but.... what the hell?

how can anyone say that they do not want A-ROD on their team? like it or not... he is the best player in baseball. i dont see how 50 hrs and 150 rbi's can really hurt a team.

fuck, the sox just won.

again i just never liked him,, he is awesome dont get me wrong
    but i just dont think he is a money player ,,he stinks when it counts

they can use his 30 mil a year on 3 players
    problems already in the 1st :(
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    goodbye evil empire!
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
    inmyrvm wrote:
    goodbye evil empire!

looks that way ,,time to drown myself in mary jane
    27 pitches in the 1st for clemens o boy
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    inmyrvm wrote:
    goodbye evil empire!
    Bush was impeached?
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Bush was impeached?

No but Torre will be.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Danimal wrote:
    No but Torre will be.

i'd rather have the former, honestly.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
    drew0 wrote:
    i'd rather have the former, honestly.
    :) But, what would we do with the VP???? yikes!
    ANyway...this is so painful to watch..
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Wow, Roger is already out. Not a great sign for the Yankees.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
    yosi wrote:
    Wow, Roger is already out. Not a great sign for the Yankees.
    It was so sad when they were saying "What if that was the last pitch he ever threw in a major league game?'
    :(
    At least he ended it with a strikeout.
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    AstroFan wrote:

yea derek jeter has actually contributed and won stuff in his career

seriously get a clue.

and whats up with George thinking he's baseball's god

"He won't umpire our games anymore," Steinbrenner said.

Steinbrenner also criticized umpire Bruce Froemming for not stopping play when insects invaded the field during Game 2 in Cleveland on Friday. Rookie reliever Joba Chamberlain threw two wild pitches that allowed Cleveland to tie the game in the eighth, and the Indians went on to win 2-1 in 11 innings.

Froemming called it "just a little irritation." Steinbrenner profanely dismissed Froemming's explanation.

The 68-year-old Froemming -- the longest-tenured umpire in major league history -- is retiring after this season. The Yankees complained to baseball commissioner Bud Selig
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
    NOCODE#1 wrote:

and whats up with George thinking he's baseball's god

This is nothing new.
    TrixieCat wrote:
    It was so sad when they were saying "What if that was the last pitch he ever threw in a major league game?'

Eh. Since I'm not a Yankee fan, I don't really care. I personally think he should retire and was a waste for the Yankees to sign. I kind of had a feeling he would be out early. I figured the fourth inning, but well...
    yosi wrote:
    Eh. Since I'm not a Yankee fan, I don't really care. I personally think he should retire and was a waste for the Yankees to sign. I kind of had a feeling he would be out early. I figured the fourth inning, but well...

ahh think back to when Suzyn Waldman was screaming "OH MY GOD ROGER CLEMENS IS A NEW YORK YANKEE"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC3ogd-D79k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEi734O5P6A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdtn0Z4o8cM
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    yea derek jeter has actually contributed and won stuff in his career

seriously get a clue.

I pointed out that up to the point when I made my post, ARod had not struggled anymore than Jeter(or Posada) had in this series, and I posted stats to back up my claims. Considering Jeter has since cost his team a run on defense, and grounded into two double plays, I feel fine with what I said.

Now if you want to talk about performances prior to this series, you may want to think about the fact that without A-Rod this year, Yankee fans wouldn't have to worry about any kind of postseason performance at all.

Using a line like "get a clue" seems a bit silly when your stance will be, at best, debatable.
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    TrixieCat wrote:

it was sad to think about. almost surreal watching him walk into the dugout, while the announcer saying 'well, if that was his last pitch...". To think that that very well could have been one of the great pitchers of all time's last pitch? Weird.

This game is getting interesting, now 3-2.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
    drew0 wrote:
    it was sad to think about. almost surreal watching him walk into the dugout, while the announcer saying 'well, if that was his last pitch...". To think that that very well could have been one of the great pitchers of all time's last pitch? Weird.

This game is getting interesting, now 3-2.

Yeah, it would be unfortunate if the last image we have of Clemens is him limping off the mound in the 3rd inning.
    I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It was like you could just feel that he was going to hit it out!
    Where is everybody???
    lol
    Cano!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lol
    Still Alive
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    Still Alive

continue to keep this series going

rest is so bad for boston:)
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    niiiice!

see ya tomorrow night!
    :D:D:D
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    It's all fun and games till they get the Carmona/Sabathia sandwich in game 5
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    go yankees
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    It aint over till its over.

Phil Hughes. What can you say about the kids performance tonight other than clutch?

Now that the bats have woken up, let's hope they stay awake. A little worried about the bullpen for tomorrow. Not sure Joba will be able to go tomorrow night unless its a one at bat type of situation. I think they have to start Moose. Wang on short rest scares me, especially after the way he pitched on regular rest in Game 1. I also like the clutch Pettitte coming back for Game 5 on Wednesday.

Go Yanks!
    Brian