2007 Yankees

Comments

• Listening to Michael kay a few minutes ago. He says he spoke to a very close friend of AFraud's. That person says the team AFraud most wants to play for is............The Yankees. Well, ya just blew any chance of that happening, jerkoff
  • Listening to Michael kay a few minutes ago. He says he spoke to a very close friend of AFraud's. That person says the team AFraud most wants to play for is............The Yankees. Well, ya just blew any chance of that happening, jerkoff
    I don't understand that. Then why opt out if he says he wants to play for Yanks the most?? he knows if he opts out he's gone??
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • I don't understand that. Then why opt out if he says he wants to play for Yanks the most?? he knows if he opts out he's gone??

yeah, I have no idea. I guess either he thinks the Yanks are bluffing, or Boras is leading him around on a leash
  • Kay will have Borass on today at 5:20. You can listen here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/1050espnradio/

look for the listen live button, upper right
  • Kay will have Borass on today at 5:20. You can listen here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/1050espnradio/

look for the listen live button, upper right
    Shit missed it. What happened here? Anything good?
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

• i didn't agree with the steinbrenner's comments on torre, but i love this comment on a-rod. it sounds like the good old days when his father would pop off like it was a bodily function..

100% agree. that comment was priceless.

and just last week, i was ready to crucify the guy.

i'm flip-flopping like a baseball tonight analyst. ;)
  • intodeep wrote:
    I don't think Paul O'Neil has a desire to coach, but if he did having him as a first base coach would be fun. Seeing that fire on the field again.

Too bad i don't think he wants any part of it. Plus i'm not sure Paul and Girardi were pals or not...

girardi offered o'neill a coaching position last week (in the event that he would be named manager). i believe he declined.

he'd be a good one though.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    Interesting now. Girardi in & Mattingly gonna jet. Not too dissappointed to see Don go. His style is just to blah and emotionless.
    quote]

And you would know this how? I've never seen him emotionless. He's the hitting coach. You wanted him to slap the hitters if they didn't get a hit or something?
    I miss igotid88
  • Shit missed it. What happened here? Anything good?

not much really, just a lot of bullshit. You can listen to the interview here

http://stations.espn.go.com/stations/1050espnradio/show?showId=mkay1
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Torre and Mattingly to the Dodgersshould be announced within a day or so. It'll be interesting to see if Kevin Long goes with them as well. I didn't realize Torre lives in Hawaii.

There is also an official statement on there from MLB regarding the Boras/A-Rod decision to make their announcement last night.

It'll be nice getting compensation for moneybags when he turns down arbitration and signs with another team.
    Brian
  • Well, Mattingly stings. Other than that, I wouldn't mind seeing Joe go to the Dodgers. let's see how he does without an all star at every position
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    Well, Mattingly stings. Other than that, I wouldn't mind seeing Joe go to the Dodgers. let's see how he does without an all star at every position

I predict Girardi will be fired by mid July.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 wrote:
    I predict Girardi will be fired by mid July.

and replaced by who, Billy Martin?
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    ESPN is reporting live right now that Torre will indeed sign on as the new manager of the LA Dodgers.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14 wrote:
    ESPN is reporting live right now that Torre will indeed sign on as the new manager of the LA Dodgers.

well they're not really reporting, they probably saw the story that the journal news had. they do that all the time, take a story written by someone else and say it's theirs.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    well they're not really reporting, they probably saw the story that the journal news had. they do that all the time, take a story written by someone else and say it's theirs.

they credited the journal news and talked with abraham about it on sportscenter.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14 wrote:
    they credited the journal news and talked with abraham about it on sportscenter.

oh, good. i thought you were referring to a story on their website because many times on the website they don't credit the paper that breaks it.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477

yep THAT's it

someone hates espn

to bad they are the most influential sports body
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • are you serious? cause ESPN is well known to take someone else's story, slap one of their guys names on it, and call it an ESPN Scoop
  • looks like the Dodgers wentafter Girardi with a last minute offer after The Yankees offered him their job. Heyman says teh yanks had to up their offer cause the Dodgers offered him so much money

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/10/30/girardi.yankees/index.html
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    3yrs, 2 mil per yr

also did you guys see Boras/A-Rod apologized for their announcement after MLB said they shouldn't have made the announcement during the WS?

And who saw Joe on David Letterman last night?
    He was funny, he said he thought it was hard to hit after Hank Aaaron! (after he had to come out after Seinfeld)
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie wrote:
    3yrs, 2 mil per yr

also did you guys see Boras/A-Rod apologized for their announcement after MLB said they shouldn't have made the announcement during the WS?

And who saw Joe on David Letterman last night?
    He was funny, he said he thought it was hard to hit after Hank Aaaron! (after he had to come out after Seinfeld)

The best part was him slipping up and saying "the Dodgers have a contract.......I mean a manager". Good luck to Joe. Gonna be really weird seeing him and Donnie wearing the Dodger blue next season. Especially Mattingly. I grew up with posters of him on my wall.
    Brian
    An Ode to A-Rod

Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette
    Thinks he'll get the girl, he'll only get the mechanic
    What's missing? He's living a day he'll soon forget

That's one more time around,... the sun is going down
    The moon is out, but he's drunk and shouting,
    Putting people down...he's pissing,.. he's living...
    A day he'll soon forget

Counts his money every morning
    The only thing that keeps him horny
    Locked in a giant house, that's alarming
    The townsfolk,... they all laugh

Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent
    Seems the more you make, equals the loneliness you get
    and it's fitting,... he's barely living,... a day he'll soon forget

That's one more time around,... there is not a sound
    He's lying dead clutching Benjamins,... never put the money down
    He's stiffening,... we're all whistling...
    A man we'll soon forget
    Brian
  • Apparently...Yanks TV announcer Michael Kay bashed Torre on his radio show yesterday. Suprised to hear that. Anyone hear it??

also....Girardi pumped me up yesterday. He is the man. Loved the reason he chose #27.

Here's what I read in NY paper today about Michael Kay bashing Torre..

New York Yankees play-by-play guy Michael Kay bashed Torre on his radio show Tuesday.

"There are things about Joe Torre, if I wanted to come out and say, would show how cold and calculated he really is," Kay fumed. "... Joe Torre is for Joe Torre. ... The graveyard of Yankees coaches is loaded with bones of coaches Joe Torre did nothing about."
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• Apparently...Yanks TV announcer Michael Kay bashed Torre on his radio show yesterday. Suprised to hear that. Anyone hear it??

also....Girardi pumped me up yesterday. He is the man. Loved the reason he chose #27.

Here's what I read in NY paper today about Michael Kay bashing Torre..

New York Yankees play-by-play guy Michael Kay bashed Torre on his radio show Tuesday.

"There are things about Joe Torre, if I wanted to come out and say, would show how cold and calculated he really is," Kay fumed. "... Joe Torre is for Joe Torre. ... The graveyard of Yankees coaches is loaded with bones of coaches Joe Torre did nothing about."

That's no surprise. Kay can't exactly say those things on the air while Torre was managing since the network is owned by the Yankees but he has free reign on the radio. And I don't remember the specific incident but there was something really early in Torre's tenure that fractured the relationship between Kay and Torre.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • Kay is a moron. Which most people on the radio are these days. Lowest common denominator, and being stupid and arrogant only generates more calls anyways.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • it started in 1996. O'Neill and Bernie had a miscommunication on a fly ball and it fell in. The next inning, Bernie was pulled, but not O'Neill. Kay wenty inti the lockerrom after the game and asked why bernie was punished, and O'Neill wasn't. Torre ripped Kay a new one in front of the entire team, calling him Rona Barrett ( a famed gossip columnist). Kay was humiliated, and has carried a grudge since
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,249
    it started in 1996. O'Neill and Bernie had a miscommunication on a fly ball and it fell in. The next inning, Bernie was pulled, but not O'Neill. Kay wenty inti the lockerrom after the game and asked why bernie was punished, and O'Neill wasn't. Torre ripped Kay a new one in front of the entire team, calling him Rona Barrett ( a famed gossip columnist). Kay was humiliated, and has carried a grudge since

kay is almost unwatchable man he annoys the hell out of me .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    it started in 1996. O'Neill and Bernie had a miscommunication on a fly ball and it fell in. The next inning, Bernie was pulled, but not O'Neill. Kay wenty inti the lockerrom after the game and asked why bernie was punished, and O'Neill wasn't. Torre ripped Kay a new one in front of the entire team, calling him Rona Barrett ( a famed gossip columnist). Kay was humiliated, and has carried a grudge since

hee hee
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    kay is almost unwatchable man he annoys the hell out of me .....

agreed. he makes be cringe sometimes.