my older brother wants to get engaged ..

12346»

Comments

• libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    :D I spose you want the post number too? :p

he..he..well he said nothing happened yet. I don't know I don't go on here regularly so I tend to just respond to the intial post of a thread. :D I know that annoys some :p. The other day i got called out for not reading a thread from what they said "front to back" cmon now! :D
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • libragirl wrote:
    he..he..well he said nothing happened yet. I don't know I don't go on here regularly so I tend to just respond to the intial post of a thread. :D I know that annoys some :p. The other day i got called out for not reading a thread from what they said "front to back" cmon now! :D
    s'ok :D I do it too :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    he got a price on the ring $25,000

abit steep for him he wants to pay around $15,000

so hes gonna look to trade the old diamond he has back to the jeweler
    and go from there
    if he can get 10,000 for the old diamond ,, then the first price can work

15 +10=25

ill be sure to keep u cats updated lol

old diamond from the girl yous "took it back" from? That was funny, I read that.
    "she thought she was keeping it, uh, wrong. "
    but let us know how it goes after the trip! That is so awesome. Congrats in advance to them :)
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    :eek: I dunno, I mean I'd love a big expensive rock on my hand... BUT at the same time there's no way in hell I'd let him break the bank (which will ultimately be OUR bank ;) ). I had a cousin who said she wouldn't get engaged unless the ring was worth at least £10,000 stg. I really don't get that. I'd like the ring as a kinda symbol... not a status thing. And if all he could afford was a piece of shit ring well it's still the symbol and I'd be more moved by that probably than some big expensive gesture :o but hey, if I got the big expensive ring I wouldn't say no either
    that's my dream, the Tiffany Novo ring. 2 carats. Obviously not as big as this one, this is crazy
    but
    http://www.tiffany.com/Engagement/Item.aspx?subCategoryid=1005

that's my dream ring. It's priced starting at $2910.

but basically I'd like something in that style, it doesn't *have* to be from Tiffany's ;)

anything shiny and sparkly is good for me :)
    I have stronger feelings on the subject but I don't want to get into a big debate.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Allie wrote:
    that's my dream, the Tiffany Novo ring. 2 carats. Obviously not as big as this one, this is crazy
    but

but basically I'd like something in that style, it doesn't *have* to be from Tiffany's ;)

I have stronger feelings on the subject but I don't want to get into a big debate.

That's a pretty one, Allie. My favorite from Tiffany is the Lucida. :D

I have strong feelings about this subject, too... But, they are somewhat conflicted....so I haven't participated in this discussion. ;) On one hand, I'm against the idea that there should be any large amount of money spent on a ring. On the other hand, I LOOOOVE mine, and still drool over it after two years of wearing it, and I'm glad that my husband splurged on it... So yeah...I'm a big old hypocrite. :D
    That's a pretty one, Allie. My favorite from Tiffany is the Lucida. :D

I have strong feelings about this subject, too... But, they are somewhat conflicted....so I haven't participated in this discussion. ;) On one hand, I'm against the idea that there should be any large amount of money spent on a ring. On the other hand, I LOOOOVE mine, and still drool over it after two years of wearing it, and I'm glad that my husband splurged on it... So yeah...I'm a big old hypocrite. :D

oooh that's nice too!
    I used to be in love with the 'classic' one but I saw the ad for that Novo ring and I was like 'thud'

I don't think there's anything wrong with loving your ring
    I guess the safest thing I can say on the subject is this, I wouldn't DEMAND for anyone to spend that much money on me
    but if they did, I wouldn't send it back :)

but I do agree with that 3 months salary rule type of thing about buying a ring
    and if a man does make a lot of money like PJ's bro I don't think there's anything wrong with buying a big honking rock and taking her on a trip to propose
    it's his life and money

actually my dream would be that ring and the guy proposing by the Eiffel tower.
    oh and hi J Lo, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Allie wrote:
    oooh that's nice too!
    I don't think there's anything wrong with loving your ring
    I guess the safest thing I can say on the subject is this, I wouldn't DEMAND for anyone to spend that much money on me
    but if they did, I wouldn't send it back :)

And that's how I feel, too. That sums it up nicely. :)

I don't have an opinion on how much someone should spend...only that I think people should spend whatever they want, as long as they can afford it and aren't spending a lot on credit out of obligation...know what I mean? We all have different ideas about what's important and what's not (regarding material things).

And happy thanksgiving to you, too! :D
    And that's how I feel, too. That sums it up nicely. :)

I don't have an opinion on how much someone should spend...only that I think people should spend whatever they want, as long as they can afford it and aren't spending a lot on credit out of obligation...know what I mean? We all have different ideas about what's important and what's not (regarding material things).

And happy thanksgiving to you, too! :D

I agree, no one should feel obligated to buy anyone anything. I wouldn't make a demand, just a request.
    But I plan to marry someone who is ok with my request :) hee hee!
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Allie wrote:
    but

oooooooohh that's a nice one :) and yep, anything shiny and sparkley is good enough for me too, lol.

And I agree that if he could afford it, I probably would not complain at all and would show it off to anyone who'd look. I'd imagine I'm probably quite the hypocrite here too :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    oooooooohh that's a nice one :) and yep, anything shiny and sparkley is good enough for me too, lol.

And I agree that if he could afford it, I probably would not complain at all and would show it off to anyone who'd look. I'd imagine I'm probably quite the hypocrite here too :)

no I know what you mean, I would be flabbergasted if I found out someone spent $25K on anything for me
    but,
    if they have it and that's what they choose to do with it, who am I to turn it down? :)

I disagree with the idea of spending that much on the wedding though. That's a house payment or like you said, a trip! I want to marry in a small chapel and have like a backyard bbq reception. I'm getting my dress (when the time comes) at David's Bridal (which is sort of like a low price chain store)
    and I'm not spending more than $100 for a dress I'm wearing once!
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Allie wrote:
    no I know what you mean, I would be flabbergasted if I found out someone spent $25K on anything for me
    but,
    if they have it and that's what they choose to do with it, who am I to turn it down? :)

I disagree with the idea of spending that much on the wedding though. That's a house payment or like you said, a trip! I want to marry in a small chapel and have like a backyard bbq reception. I'm getting my dress (when the time comes) at David's Bridal (which is sort of like a low price chain store)
    and I'm not spending more than $100 for a dress I'm wearing once!
    I agree with the wedding thing too... it's absolutely ridiculous. I think that's actually the average price of a wedding over here... that's a feckin joke. Why do you need to spend that much to get married? I think smaller ones are sweeter too.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    I agree with the wedding thing too... it's absolutely ridiculous. I think that's actually the average price of a wedding over here... that's a feckin joke. Why do you need to spend that much to get married? I think smaller ones are sweeter too.

dont do it ,simple
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    dont do it ,simple
    :D I'm fine with that idea too.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    he did it .... sharks cove oahu
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    What did she say?????
    Did she like the ring??
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    TrixieCat wrote:
    What did she say?????
    Did she like the ring??

lol of course she said yes

and i have pics of the ring on email

i dont think any girl wouldnt like this ring
  • NY PJ1 wrote:

yay! congratulations to your brother and soon-to-be sister-in-law! :D
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    NY PJ1 wrote:

I am sure you can find some on here that wouldn't like it. :p
    That is great.
    We will need pictures of you in your tuxedo when the time comes.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    yay! congratulations to your brother and soon-to-be sister-in-law! :D

thanx :)
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I am sure you can find some on here that wouldn't like it. :p
    That is great.
    We will need pictures of you in your tuxedo when the time comes.

well if they dont like it ,, they dont deserve one ever lol

yea pics in a tux...i wonder if i get to be best man...again
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    heh heh