Options

Media Ignores Higher Black on White Crime Rate for PC Crap

Comments

• Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    And you've done a piss poor job of deconstructing it too! You didn't even respond to the 16% discrepency regarding poor blacks.

Blacks account for 24% of the poor population of america. 40% of violent crime is perpetrated by blacks. If poverty were the main cause of violent crime, 24% of it would be perpetrated by blacks.

Try to respond instead of talking about platitudes on stacking.

what's your solution...?
  • Options
    RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,831
    NMyTree wrote:
    Well, since you are so concerned with "the use of " and this does appear to be such a sticking point for you.......enough of a point for you to conjur up the Nazis. Why aren't you equally disturbed as to "the use of" by the Washington Post, and the fact they (the Washington Post) ommitted/ignored/failed to publish the Black on White crime statistics, which came from the FBI and Justices surveys?

Don't you find that to be irresponsible and biased reporting?
    I can only go on what I know. And I hear about black on white crime all the time - from all different sources including that devilish MSM.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Because you say so. That's your opinion though and it's certainly not factual by any means.

Care to compare poor whites to poor blacks? Would you like to find out how similar their crime rates really are? Since you broached this topic, let's discuss it!!

24% of the poor population of America is black. 40% of violent crimes are committed by blacks. If violent crime had more to do with poverty than race, 24% of violent crimes would be committed by blacks.

There's a 99.9% certainty that you have no effing idea how to respond to that.

Those stats are not included anywhere here.

Forty-five percent of the victims of violent crime by blacks are white folks, 43 percent are black, 10 percent are Hispanic.

This is talking about victims, not perps.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    And you've done a piss poor job of deconstructing it too! You didn't even respond to the 16% discrepency regarding poor blacks.

Blacks account for 24% of the poor population of america. 40% of violent crime is perpetrated by blacks. If poverty were the main cause of violent crime, 24% of it would be perpetrated by blacks.

Try to respond instead of talking about platitudes on stacking.
    So population density has absolutely nothing to do with it because you say so. Got it. Though it does seem like violent crime would be more prevalent in areas where there's more people to be violent against.

So ignore my piss poor arguments. Please elaborate on why you think these statistics exist.
  • Options
    surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    RainDog wrote:
    Perhaps it shouldn't matter, but it does.

Do you believe in evolution?
    When you look at history, do you think there was any problem with Hitler's use of evolutionary study? I mean, he was just a messanger after all.
    I'm not familiar with his use of evolutionary study but if he's right he's right. I'm not going to not accept the truth because I don't like it. My guess is that Hitler's arguements could easily be undone with just a bit of critical thinking. I know critical thinking takes a bit more work than attacking the messenger but c'mon. Attecking the messenger never solved any problem. If you don't like the truth then go out and change the world so the truth will be more to your liking. Just don't deny the truth.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    what's your solution...?

Don't glorify inner city culture!! Call it what it is: redneck culture for blacks.

Everyone makes fun of rednecks because they're ignorant, and they are, but no one makes fun of the pathetic glorification of ignorance that occurs in the inner city.

Undermine ghetto culture and teach blacks that ebonics and gang violence don't a good society make.
    All I know is that to see, and not to speak, would be the great betrayal.
    -Enoch Powell
  • Options
    I wanted to mention this earlier, my finger may be off the pulse here but I haven't heard many stories about black on anyone crime making the news lately, at least on TV. I often surf MSNBC, CNN and some local news and its mostly about the war, stupid celebrities, the utah mine thing, michael vick and the 2008 campaign. When you guys refer to the media are you referring to past instances, magazines, newspapers or what?
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    RainDog wrote:
    I can only go on what I know. And I hear about black on white crime all the time - from all different sources including that devilish MSM.

Huh? Skirting the issue, again? Sheeesh!

Why are you ignoring the fact that the Washington Post ommitted/ignored/failed to publish the Black on White crime statistics, which came from the FBI and Justices surveys?
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Those stats are not included anywhere here.

Forty-five percent of the victims of violent crime by blacks are white folks, 43 percent are black, 10 percent are Hispanic.

This is talking about victims, not perps.

I wasn't referring to those statistics but yes, isn't that appalling? What's more appalling is that anyone who mentions those statistics is a racist.
    -Enoch Powell
  • Options
    Everyone makes fun of rednecks because they're ignorant, and they are, but no one makes fun of the pathetic glorification of ignorance that occurs in the inner city.

I do. That being said I probably rip on middle age upper middle class people more often than anyone else. Thats probably just because my relatives are annoying though
  • Options
    Don't glorify inner city culture!! Call it what it is: redneck culture for blacks.

Undermine ghetto culture and teach blacks that ebonics and gang violence don't a good society make.

um...

yeah...

a...

:eek:

a....

:confused:
  • Options

Are you seriously suggesting that no one glorifies rednecks? Or that no one criticizes inner city culture?
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    I wasn't referring to those statistics but yes, isn't that appalling? What's more appalling is that anyone who mentions those statistics is a racist.

I'm actually surprised it's not more black-on-black. If you think about it, from what I understand, the cultures are split into communities. If you find a pocket of african-american's living together. Most of their crimes will be against each-other. It's only when an out-group member comes into the community or when the in-group leaves the community that much black-on-white crimes should happen.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    I do. That being said I probably rip on middle age upper middle class people more often than anyone else. Thats probably just because my relatives are annoying though

The point is: it is un-PC to point out that blacks tend to cause an excessively high portion of violent crime in comparison to their demographic size. That's why the Washington Post won't do it. They don't want to be labelled racist by the likes of RainDog et al.
    -Enoch Powell
  • Options
    24% of the poor population of America is black. 40% of violent crimes are committed by blacks. If violent crime had more to do with poverty than race, 24% of violent crimes would be committed by blacks.

your stats are twisted... 24% of blacks live below poverty, NOT 24% of people in poverty are black...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    RainDog wrote:
    Are you seriously suggesting that no one glorifies rednecks? Or that no one criticizes inner city culture?

and that all blacks speak "ebonics"...?
  • Options

Wait, are you saying that the 2% difference between black on black crime and black on white crime is somehow significant? Or is it just because you perceive that the "media" isn't reporting it?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    Because you say so. That's your opinion though and it's certainly not factual by any means.

Care to compare poor whites to poor blacks? Would you like to find out how similar their crime rates really are? Since you broached this topic, let's discuss it!!

If black people weren't denied their basic civil rights, perhaps crime wouldn't have become so frequent.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    Huh? Skirting the issue, again? Sheeesh!

Why are you ignoring the fact that the Washington Post ommitted/ignored/failed to publish the Black on White crime statistics, which came from the FBI and Justices surveys?
    Because I don't read the Washington Post - which brings me back to "I can only go on what I know." Why are you defending white supremacists? Sure, the Washington Post omitted a few things. Why don't you say the same about the New Century Foundation.
  • Options
    I wanted to mention this earlier, my finger may be off the pulse here but I haven't heard many stories about black on anyone crime making the news lately, at least on TV. I often surf MSNBC, CNN and some local news and its mostly about the war, stupid celebrities, the utah mine thing, michael vick and the 2008 campaign. When you guys refer to the media are you referring to past instances, magazines, newspapers or what?

It's all over the news here in Charlotte. Seems like every night there's some black on (anyone) crime. But there's no shortage of white, hispanic crime on (anyone), too.

Bottom line, if we're going to over-come this racial problem, then, fair and equal treatment of people, regardless race; is what must occur. That includes the balanced and fair reporting of such statistics.
  • Options
    RainDog wrote:

Yeah, blue collar comedy tour, country music etc? I'd take the NWA over that shit any day of the week.
  • Options
    RainDog wrote:

The WASHINGTON POST is the issue here. The media does NOT glorify rednecks and they NEVER criticize inner city culture even if black on white crime is HIGHER than black on black. They choose to point out that black on black crime is higher, but do not point out black on white.

Why is black on black crime so important to the media? If black on white crime is irrelevant, then black on black should be irrelevant too. I don't see you pointing to the Washington post calling them racists for pointing out the racial aspect of black on black crime.
    -Enoch Powell
  • Options
    [size=+3]۞ HATRED ONLY BREEDS MORE HATRED ۞[/size]
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    um...

yeah...

a...

:eek:

a....

:confused:

What's wrong with what he said? It's true.

Even educated blacks agree with that.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    It's all over the news here in Charlotte. Seems like every night there's some black on (anyone) crime. But there's no shortage of white, hispanic crime on (anyone), too.

Yeah, there are probably all of 12 Black people in Portland, probably why I haven't heard much.
  • Options
    question: why do we have to attach race to crime...?

what I mean is, isn't a crime and crime, outside of the need of a description for the police, why does color/race of the perpetrator matter...?
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:

what I mean is, isn't a crime and crime, outside of the need of a description for the police, why does color/race of the perpetrator matter...?

Yes, why DOES the media always point out that black on black crime is so high but they don't point out black on white crime??? Why is that?

They certainly acknowledge the presence of race as a factor in black on black crime.
    -Enoch Powell
  • Options
    The media does NOT glorify rednecks and they NEVER criticize inner city culture even if black on white crime is HIGHER than black on black.

I dunno, again the blue collar comedy people get a ton of press. Certainly recent comments by Bill Cosby criticizing black culture have gotten a fair amount of press, as did that recent effort to ban the word n*gger, an effort that I perceived to be inspired by blacks who didn't like hearing it in rap music. I've heard both Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson criticize gangsta rap, they both get a ton of press.
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:

That's the point.

But if you're going to report such statistics, why would anyone omit the Black on White crime statistics?
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    What's wrong with what he said? It's true.

Even educated blacks agree with that.

he made perfect sense, that every black in the ghetto glorifies gang violence and that the all speak Ebonics...she was spot on calling it a "redneck culture for blacks", since we all know that blacks and rednecks can't be one in the same....

I have to admit that I'm behind on the whole "redneck culture" thing...I wonder what that truly entails...