Options

Media Ignores Higher Black on White Crime Rate for PC Crap

Comments

• Options
    Uncle LeoUncle Leo Posts: 1,073
    so you're telling me that was just a joke, you don't get "high-fived" by your close-as-bros black friends for being so very anti-pc? if so, i am truly relieved.

Yes. I was feeding into Corny's point.
    I cannot come up with a new sig till I get this egg off my face.
  • Options
    sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278
    Uncle Leo wrote:
    Yes. I was feeding into Corny's point.

well then, a high-five to you, too, my brutha.
    "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack Obama."

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

"i'm feeling kinda righteous right now. with my badass motherfuckin' ukulele!"
    ~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Yet, the Black on White crime rate is higher than Black on Black crime.

i have worked in the inner city in cooperation with law enforcement agencies and the judicial system.

and with that experience i can state that this statemtn you made, and that study, are wrong. black on black crime outnumbers by far black on white crime.

of all the criminals and crimes i have worked with involving black offenders, almost zero have been white victims. no joke.
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    cornnifer wrote:
    oh for fuck's sake. When someone come's off with white supremacist bullshit like what started this thread, or implies that Blacks are genetically less intelligent and primitive, you can bet your ass i'm going to call them on it. Thats not "overcompensating" or being "overly-defensive". Thats just calling it like it is. The guy's a racially prejudiced fool, and to be frank, i don't think you're far behind him.

Get over yourself. In presenting yourself as some kind of "Defender Of The Black People" you only succeed in embarrassing yourself. You're no better than anyone here.

As for your last sentence and specifically the last part of that senetence....

Like said yesterday, you don't know your ass from your elbow.
  • Options
    cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    NMyTree wrote:
    Get over yourself. In presenting yourself as some kind of "Defender Of The Black People" you only succeed in embarrassing yourself. You're no better than anyone here.

As for your last sentence and specifically the last part of that senetence....

Like said yesterday, you don't know your ass from your elbow.

i've never presented myself as such, and i'm in no way embarrassed (i might be, however if i cited white supremacist literature, or jumped to the defense of someone who did).

As far as the last sentence, both parts, i stand by it.
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    cornnifer wrote:
    i appreciate and admire your "there is no such thing as race" ideology. i sincerely do. In a way its refreshing and utopian (albeit a bit polyanna at times) such universal attitude is without question, desireable.
    Tell it to the a Black guy who listens to some of the White supremacist crap that gets posted in this forum. Tell it to anyone who actually knows first hand what it is like to be non-white in this country. Tell THEM their "race" doesn't really exist. Tell it, for example, to Blacks in New Orleans. Tell it to a Latino guy just about anywhere in the U.S these days.

BTW the hypothetical victim you speak of, by many people, would be called "n****r". Maybe that answers your question, Maybe it doesn't.

Dude, you're a major drama queen and the saddest part of it all; you don't eevn know what the hell you're talking about.

Are you black?

Most of the racism being handed-out on the street and in the media, these days; is coming from a certain small percentage of the black community and from overly-compensating, overly-PC, over-the-top sympathizers.......like yourself.

The responsible, accountable and rational members of the black community want you to shut the fuck up and stick your drama queen bullshit up your ass. You're embarrassing yourself and offending, them.

You are a part of the problem, not the solution.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    Dude, you're a major drama queen and the saddest part of it all; you don't eevn know what the hell you're talking about.

Are you black?

Most of the racism being handed-out on the street and in the media, these days; is coming from a certain small percentage of the black community and from overly-compensating, overly-PC, over-the-top sympathizers.......like yourself.

The responsible, accountable and rational members of the black community want you to shut the fuck up and stick your drama queen bullshit up your ass. You're embarrassing yourself and offending, them.

You are a part of the problem, not the solution.
    Whatever you say, david duke.
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    cornnifer wrote:
    i've never presented myself as such, and i'm in no way embarrassed (i might be, however if i cited white supremacist literature, or jumped to the defense of someone who did).

As far as the last sentence, both parts, i stand by it.

What you percieve is not reality.

And yes, you should be embarrassed. You're just too ignorant of the subject matter and black community to realize your own absurdity.

Go hang out with black families. Go have dinner with them. Have a BBQ with them. Go speak to them and exchange your thoughts in a rational manner.

They are human beings, just like me....just like you. They don't need or want your pretentious Captian Avenger The Drama Queen crap.

For god's sake, go learn something before you go shooting off your mouth like some dorky Black Avenger.
  • Options
    cornnifer wrote:
    Whatever you say, david duke.

Right, because that's all you can muster up. Call everyone who disagrees with your pretentious, self-serving, superior-complex driven tantrums; a racist.

You sir, are the biggest racist in this thread.

At least most of us know CW is just being provocative. You on the other hand, actually believe all the crap you vomited all over this thread.

If CW accomplished anything in this thread, it most certainly is exposing you for the racist and the part of the problem....you really are.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:

And yes, you should be embarrassed. You're just too ignorant of the subject matter and black community to realize your own absurdity.

Go hang out with black families. Go have dinner with them. Have a BBQ with them. Go speak to them and exchange your thoughts in a rational manner.

They are human beings, just like me....just like you. They don't need or want your pretentious Captian Avenger The Drama Queen crap.

For god's sake, go learn something before you go shooting off your mouth like some dorky Black Avenger.

You obviously know painful little about me, where i grew up, where i come from, how i'm educated etc. Therefore i'll let this slide. But if you did know, you would know why i'm laughing at you right now.
  • Options
    RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,831
    surferdude wrote:
    I'm not familiar with his use of evolutionary study but if he's right he's right. I'm not going to not accept the truth because I don't like it. My guess is that Hitler's arguements could easily be undone with just a bit of critical thinking. I know critical thinking takes a bit more work than attacking the messenger but c'mon. Attecking the messenger never solved any problem. If you don't like the truth then go out and change the world so the truth will be more to your liking. Just don't deny the truth.
    The Nazi party used the fact that the earliest modern humans were dark skinned, and that lighter skinned humans appeared later. These messangers then used that fact to push the idea that non-whites were less evolved, and therefore less than human. Yes, a little critical thinking would go a long way toward dispelling this belief; but knowing the messenger is important in knowing why a certain fact is being pushed.

Also, facts are not truth. A fact can certainly be used to back up a truth - in fact, it's pretty much necessary. However, facts can also be used to back up ignorance and idiocy. Knowing the messenger is about the best way to discern the difference.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:

So what are you saying, then? Someone getting your information filtered through a white supremacist organization shouldn't be called on it? Blacks are fine with whites defending groups like the New Century Foundation?

I don't get it. This thread was started because CorporateWhore didn't like the way the facts (yes, they are facts) were reported by the Washington Post (the messenger). So he posts even more skewed facts from a white supremacist group, and suddenly the messenger is untouchable for reporting facts?

Why, THIS IS ABOUT THE WASHINGTON POST (please ignore the fact - ahem - that my information comes from Nazis).
  • Options
    cornnifer wrote:
    You obviously know painful little about me, where i grew up, where i come from, how i'm educated etc. Therefore i'll let this slide. But if you did know, you would know why i'm laughing at you right now.

That didn't stop you from making absurd assumptions and accusations about me, did it?

Funny how that works for you. Hypocrite.

It's always different when you're handed your own medicine, isn't it!

You'll let me slide? Oh my, how fortunate I am:rolleyes:
  • Options
    RainDog wrote:
    So what are you saying, then? Someone getting your information filtered through a white supremacist organization shouldn't be called on it? Blacks are fine with whites defending groups like the New Century Foundation?

I don't get it. This thread was started because CorporateWhore didn't like the way the facts (yes, they are facts) were reported by the Washington Post (the messenger). So he posts even more skewed facts from a white supremacist group, and suddenly the messenger is untouchable for reporting facts?

Why, THIS IS ABOUT THE WASHINGTON POST (please ignore the fact - ahem - that my information comes from Nazis).

Sheesh, do you have some kind of head trauma, or something?

How many times does a person have to make the same point, before it sinks in?

You're points are irrelevent. None of the crap you're blabbing about was ever the issue.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    That didn't stop you from making absurd assumptions and accusations about me, did it?

Funny how that works for you. Hypocrite.

It's always different when you're handed your own medicine, isn't it!

You'll let me slide? Oh my, how fortunate I am:rolleyes:

This discussion has ceased to be productive, i'll not argue with you any longer. Besides i think "COPS" is on. Would hate for you to miss that.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    cornnifer wrote:
    This discussion has ceased to be productive, i'll not argue with you any longer. Besides i think "COPS" is on. Would hate for you to miss that.

I am a liberal, but I love COPS!
  • Options
    cornnifer wrote:

NOW, you're concerned with being productive? LMAO!!!!

Man, you really are a major hypocrite.

BTW, this little quip from you.....

" You obviously know painful little about me, where i grew up, where i come from, how i'm educated etc. "

....also goes for me and even CW. What painful little do you know about me?

C' mon hypocrite......tell me.

cornnifer wrote:
    Besides i think "COPS" is on. Would hate for you to miss that.

Oooooooooooo...another insinuation......accusation that I'm a racist.....Ooooooooooooooo

Considering this is coming from the biggest racist in this thread, you'll have to pardon if I simply chuckle and giggle at your quips.
  • Options
    cornnifer wrote:
    i appreciate and admire your "there is no such thing as race" ideology. i sincerely do. In a way its refreshing and utopian (albeit a bit polyanna at times) such universal attitude is without question, desireable.
    Tell it to the a Black guy who listens to some of the White supremacist crap that gets posted in this forum. Tell it to anyone who actually knows first hand what it is like to be non-white in this country. Tell THEM their "race" doesn't really exist. Tell it, for example, to Blacks in New Orleans. Tell it to a Latino guy just about anywhere in the U.S these days.

BTW the hypothetical victim you speak of, by many people, would be called "n****r". Maybe that answers your question, Maybe it doesn't.

You may think yer stickin' up for the little guy but yer really just a left-wing putz. Your conception of what a racist is is about as well thought out as a fart.
    All I know is that to see, and not to speak, would be the great betrayal.
    -Enoch Powell
  • Options
    You may think yer stickin' up for the little guy but yer really just a left-wing putz. Your conception of what a racist is is about as well thought out as a fart.

i don't think i'm "stickin up" for anyone. i'm just calling it as i see it. Someone who cites information from white supremacist organizations, refers to Blacks as gentetically intellectually inferior and primitive, leaves me with no other assumptions. Good luck with that. i'm through trying to reason with an aspiring grand dragon.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    Sheesh, do you have some kind of head trauma, or something?

How many times does a person have to make the same point, before it sinks in?

You're points are irrelevent. None of the crap you're blabbing about was ever the issue.
    I don't care what the "point" is. Blacks don't need whitey to defend them? Well fuckadoodle do, dickhead, that's about the most brilliant shit I've read here in a long time. Now I can't wait to hear your disertation describing the sky as blue.

I'm not here to "defend blacks" and I'm not here to discuss shit within your boundries. In fact, I don't know what the fuck your point is - other than to call people racist for pointing out that the information from the original post came from a racist organization.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Caution against ranking

Each year when Hate Crime Statistics is published, some entities' news media, tourism agencies, and other groups with an interest in crime in our Nation—use reported figures to compile rankings of cities and counties. These rankings, however, are merely a quick choice made by the data user; they provide no insight into the many variables that mold the crime in a particular town, city, county, state, or region. Consequently, these rankings lead to simplistic and/or incomplete analyses that often create misleading perceptions adversely affecting cities and counties, along with their residents.

Make valid assessments of crime

It is incumbent upon all data users to become as well educated as possible about how to understand and quantify the nature and extent of crime in the United States and in any of the more than 17,000 jurisdictions represented by law enforcement contributors to the Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program. Valid assessments are possible only with careful study and analysis of the various unique conditions affecting each local law enforcement jurisdiction.

Historically, the causes and origins of crime have been the subjects of investigation by many disciplines. Some factors that are known to affect the volume and type of crime occurring from place to place are:

Population density and degree of urbanization.
    Variations in composition of the population, particularly youth concentration.
    Stability of the population with respect to residents' mobility, commuting patterns, and transient factors.
    Modes of transportation and highway system.
    Economic conditions, including median income, poverty level, and job availability.
    Cultural factors and educational, recreational, and religious characteristics.
    Family conditions with respect to divorce and family cohesiveness.
    Climate.
    Effective strength of law enforcement agencies.
    Administrative and investigative emphases of law enforcement.
    Policies of other components of the criminal justice system (i.e., prosecutorial, judicial, correctional, and probational).
    Citizens' attitudes toward crime.
    Crime reporting practices of the citizenry.

Hate Crime Statistics provides a nationwide view of hate crime based on statistics contributed by local, county, state, tribal, and federal law enforcement agencies. Although many of the listed factors equally affect the crime of a particular area, the UCR Program makes no attempt to relate them to the data presented. The data user is, therefore, cautioned against comparing statistical data of individual reporting units from cities, counties, metropolitan areas, states, or colleges or universities solely on the basis of the statistics provided. Until data users examine all the variables that affect crime in a town, city, county, state, region, or college or university, they can make no meaningful comparisons.

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2005/variables.htm
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    RushlimboRushlimbo Posts: 832
    Being the only black man on this board (as far as I can tell) you guys are clueless.
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    The data user is, therefore, cautioned against comparing statistical data of individual reporting units from cities, counties, metropolitan areas, states, or colleges or universities solely on the basis of the statistics provided. Until data users examine all the variables that affect crime in a town, city, county, state, region, or college or university, they can make no meaningful comparisons.
    [/i]

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2005/variables.htm
    Precisely what i mentioned once before. Context.
  • Options
    cornnifer wrote:
    Precisely what i mentioned once before. Context.

You might find this book an interesting read

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/newsnight/2007/06/the_cult_of_the_amateur_by_andrew_keen_1.html

Andrew Keen's "The Cult of the Amateur" is about internet bloggers spinning facts into garbage. But he also tries to say the internet is destroying art and the economy, I don't agree with him there, but certainly the blogging is viral.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    You might find this book an interesting read

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/newsnight/2007/06/the_cult_of_the_amateur_by_andrew_keen_1.html

Andrew Keen's "The Cult of the Amateur" is about internet bloggers spinning facts into garbage. But he also tries to say the internet is destroying art and the economy, I don't agree with him there, but certainly the blogging is viral.

Looks interesting.
    i've said many times before that people need to excercise caution in regards to information obtained via the auspices of the internet. Any jackass can publish a web page.

It takes a special kind of jackass to put stock in a white supremacist created one. :)
  • Options
    cornnifer wrote:
    It takes a special kind of jackass to put stock in a white supremacist created one. :)

Easy there sensitive Sally. I know you love to throw insults around and name-call everyone else. But I also know you're a pussy when you recieive the same treatment.

Don't dish it out, if you can't handle it. Wouldn't want to make you cry, again.
  • Options
    cornnifer wrote:
    i'm through trying to reason with an aspiring grand dragon.

You were through trying to reason the moment you posted on this thread. You have no idea what the hell you're talking about - you know nothing about race, genetics, and intelligence and you signify it by saying obtuse and misinformed platitudes.
    All I know is that to see, and not to speak, would be the great betrayal.
    -Enoch Powell
  • Options
    Racial Bias
    In 2005, law enforcement agencies reported that 4,691 hate crime offenses were racially motivated. Of these offenses:

68.2 percent were triggered by anti-black bias.
    19.9 percent were motivated by anti-white bias.
    4.9 percent resulted from anti-Asian/Pacific Islander bias.
    4.9 percent were driven by bias against groups of individuals in which more than one race was reported (anti-multiple races, group).
    2.0 percent were motivated by anti-American Indian/Alaskan Native bias.
    (Based on Table 1.)

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2005/incidentsoffenses.htm
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    Rushlimbo wrote:
    Being the only black man on this board (as far as I can tell) you guys are clueless.

Can you please give us your views on the issue?
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    You ever notice how these racial threads always seem to get blown out of proportion and for WHAT! It always someone says someone else doesn't like and it's ON after that.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)