Vancouver Meet Up?

Comments

• evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,347
    there were talks of a cheaper sort of menu, just for us. i dunno the whole story. we will have to wait and see what c says

As long as i got wings and beer i am set man oh man cant wait so is it going to be liek a set price to eat and buffet style or is it just a set of items on the menu that are quick to eat up also i got the tickets today in the mail restless so we are set for the trade cant wait to hit up both shows man this is going to be a awesome trip
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    As long as i got wings and beer i am set man oh man cant wait so is it going to be liek a set price to eat and buffet style or is it just a set of items on the menu that are quick to eat up also i got the tickets today in the mail restless so we are set for the trade cant wait to hit up both shows man this is going to be a awesome trip

im still down for the trade too....counting on you in fact!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Manimal wrote:
    Are people eating dinner at the Kingston? I hope I'm not the only one. If so I'll get the Ferry Buffet. Anyone looking to Carpool from Victoria?
    ew don't subject yourself to that!
    i just had ferry food otnight... blagh.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    im still down for the trade too....counting on you in fact!

Good dont worry man i will be ther got my room adn all and my girl is coming up with me so and i think she got the next day off to so we will both be there for both shows if not i am going to be there for both shows anyway you have nothing to worry about my friend i will be there and we will be both chillin at both shows drinking beer do they allow beer inside the theater area or is there a bar out side u have to drink it at well see u there do u know if i call u from the states with my cell or use it in vancouvver is that roaming or what but i will call u the day of the show when i leave for the train
  • genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Menu looks great.
    I loooove beer and cheddar soup!
    If anyone hasnt tried it and its good at the Kingston you gotta have a bowl.
    mmmm Im hungry reading the menu. :D
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • genevieve wrote:
    Menu looks great.
    I loooove beer and cheddar soup!
    If anyone hasnt tried it and its good at the Kingston you gotta have a bowl.
    mmmm Im hungry reading the menu. :D

yea its pretty good

so I think well have a menu that is shortened, there will just be a few things that aren't on there

also because there is the Rascal Flatts show at GM Place as well that night they are expecting to be busy that night, so they said if its like 4 or 5 and we only hvae like 20 people they are gonna start sitting people with us downstairs in the rec room, of course if more of our people show up they will move them but it would be cool if the earlier you show the better, I know a lot of you have to travel and work but im speaking more for the locals who arent working and the out of towners who arrive early or whatever just come down, I dont have class that afternoon so ill be there early, like 2ish maybe earlier.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • yea its pretty good

so I think well have a menu that is shortened, there will just be a few things that aren't on there

also because there is the Rascal Flatts show at GM Place as well that night they are expecting to be busy that night, so they said if its like 4 or 5 and we only hvae like 20 people they are gonna start sitting people with us downstairs in the rec room, of course if more of our people show up they will move them but it would be cool if the earlier you show the better, I know a lot of you have to travel and work but im speaking more for the locals who arent working and the out of towners who arrive early or whatever just come down, I dont have class that afternoon so ill be there early, like 2ish maybe earlier.
    I'll probably get there pretty early as well since I have that day off. I can't wait! Just ONE MONTH to go! :D
    i will be there two to three ISH....ONE MONTH!

facebook event updated.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Cant wait.
    One month is not far away!
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Isn't this the menu ......or Am I missing something?

http://www.kingstontaphouse.com/menus/07_dinner.pdf
    $10. 50 for a burger?!?!?! I'll eat before I come...
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • yahamita wrote:

Thats actually pretty standard for a sit down restaurant/bar not named McDonalds or Burger King.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
    yahamita wrote:

vancouver has quickly turned into gourmet burgerland. it sucks $$$ wise, but they are soooooooooooooooooooooo good...anybody coming from out of town, try a VERAS BURGER.
  • vancouver has quickly turned into gourmet burgerland. it sucks $$$ wise, but they are soooooooooooooooooooooo good...anybody coming from out of town, try a VERAS BURGER.

oh fuck veras is sooo dam good, i live like 2 blocks from one its so awesome, every time i go there i get the works on it, no matter what burger it is, so it always ends up a seething, living mass of condiments and toppings. sometimes im not even sure if theres a burger inside...lol
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    I haven't been updating as much as I need to -- been really sick for the past few days... Anyway, it's late now but I thought I'd let you know...I'm not ignoring any of my PMs, just been too ill to turn on the computer a whole lot...

And I'm still looking for a ticket for night two...The 10C night one ticket is still available for trade...

I contacted Doc Harris (radio guy) regarding coming to the event, to MC or just hang out, but I haven't heard back from him...

Will email CFOX tomorrow (as well as a friend who used to work there)...

Thanks everyone, though for your awesome donations! This is going to be one heck of a pre-party!! Thanks for all your help and donations! You guys are cool!

PS. RIP Jeff Healey...
    be philanthropic
    not sure if i'll be coming back from seattle the night before or the morning of but i'll try ot make it there in the afternoon.
    Man is any other cities having a preparty liek this. I just liek to say u guys are doing a awesome job planning this and i am so looking forwardto meeting more jammers with same passion for them that i have see u all there thanks again
  • pjbiz wrote:
    are you referring to me?

just in general ... are you going to be around the during the day ???
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
    I'll be around during the day...but I will be relying on others...like, others that are either in or will be in Vancouver at the time...I'll bring my uke and play and sing "cant keep", which I "cant do" to keep non PJ fans outta our area....keep in mind, I have no ability to either sing or play the uke...
    be philanthropic
    Manimal wrote:
    Are people eating dinner at the Kingston? I hope I'm not the only one. If so I'll get the Ferry Buffet. Anyone looking to Carpool from Victoria?

I'd carpool with you, but hubby and I are going over on March 30th to see the Foos, then stay for Bruce on the 31st and the two Ed shows...so we're no help at all... But I'll put you on the list of attendees for the pre-party, if you like..if I haven't already done so...
    be philanthropic
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Count me in . I'm driving up from Seattle on April Fools Day and will be taking in both shows.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
    Can someone from the US bring me a couple of bottles of Two-Buck Chuck? I'll trade you a Today Sponge (which I understand you can't get in the US)? Or I can just give you the $4. I know you can bring in booze for your own use, so getting it across the line should be no problem...Please??? Please??
    be philanthropic
    Can someone from the US bring me a couple of bottles of Two-Buck Chuck? I'll trade you a Today Sponge (which I understand you can't get in the US)? Or I can just give you the $4. I know you can bring in booze for your own use, so getting it across the line should be no problem...Please??? Please??

CFOX program director (Dunner) has been contacted re possible remote of the afternoon drive show at the Kingston Taphouse. This was a question I asked, not something they initiated...we await their response. Will need to coordinate Kingston, Wishlist, Message Pit Folk, and Surfrider if this goes down...
    be philanthropic
  • dawngdawng Posts: 644

Two-Buck Chuck is actually $3 or $4 dollars per bottle now in WA - but if you're still interested, I'd be glad to bring you some across. Cab? Merlot? Chard? Shiraz? I have no need for a sponge LOL but wouldn't mind a drink at the Kingston.
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • pearljamjen and I are staying at the BW and I arrive in the morning so we should be able to get there for a fairly decent time :)

Looking forward to it :D
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    pearljamjen and I are staying at the BW and I arrive in the morning so we should be able to get there for a fairly decent time :)

Looking forward to it :D
    Yeah! This is going to be one fun pre-party! I can't wait. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • wolfbear wrote:
    Yeah! This is going to be one fun pre-party! I can't wait. :)

It is :) Drinks together again. Good times. Are you staying over night or headed home?
    CFOX program director (Dunner) has been contacted re possible remote of the afternoon drive show at the Kingston Taphouse. This was a question I asked, not something they initiated...we await their response. Will need to coordinate Kingston, Wishlist, Message Pit Folk, and Surfrider if this goes down...

the team 1040 broadcasts live from the kingston for hockey games, so maybe it is possible.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    It is :) Drinks together again. Good times. Are you staying over night or headed home?
    Spending only one night sadly, then headed home for good company. ;)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
    i'm so happy i finally get to do the pre-party thing in canada.
    trying to scheme ways in at lolla was just a pain in the ass!
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i'm so happy i finally get to do the pre-party thing in canada.
    trying to scheme ways in at lolla was just a pain in the ass!

:eek:
    watch out, the feds might be reading this.....
    remember, it will only be a few weeks till you cross that border.... don't be surprised if they don't let you in! ;)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!