Options

And the Violence Continues

Comments

• Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    jsand wrote:
    And for the millionth time on the moving train, the pot calls the kettle black.

You really like saying that. Cliches are fun aren't they?
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    jsandjsand Posts: 646
    Ahnimus wrote:
    No, but on the same token, Canada or Mexico doesn't attack the United States, see we deal with our problems diplomatically.

We do, because none of these countries has a goal of wiping the other off the map.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    You really like saying that. Cliches are fun aren't they?

I just call 'em as I see 'em.
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    We do, because none of these countries has a goal of wiping the other off the map.

I beg to differ. They seemed willing to negotiate during the recent conflict. It would seem the only problem the arab world has with Israel is Zionism.

You don't deny that Zionism is a form of racism, do you?

Do you reject that Zionism is the root of your problems?
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    I just call 'em as I see 'em.

Maybe you should get your eyes checked.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I beg to differ. They seemed willing to negotiate during the recent conflict. It would seem the only problem the arab world has with Israel is Zionism.

Do you reject that Zionism is the root of your problems?

I am a Zionist. It is not racism. Do some of your famous research and get a clue.
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    I am a Zionist. It is not racism. Do some of your famous research and get a clue.

I've already done my research. According to the United Nations, Zionism is a form of Racism. Which goes without saying, unless you are a zionist.

So my perception of you is correct then.
  • Options
    veritasveritas Posts: 31
    jsand wrote:
    Did those state militias attack, say, Canada? Or Mexico?
    actually yes mexico

btw .... i don't for a minute believe any of it
    the idf loses were on the lebanese side of the border
    the soldiers that were taken by the hezbullah forces came from engagments on the lebanese side of the border

Israel has always eyed the litani water source . It needs it for its' growth. It is no secret . They have said it for years . They tried to justify their expansion .... that is all

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/HH05Ak01.html
    http://www.american.edu/ted/ice/litani.htm
    riot act is best

cunts watch their bodies
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    Ahnimus wrote:

You're not exactly working hard at reducing the number of cliches in this thread, either.
  • Options
    veritas wrote:
    abtw .... i don't for a minute believe any of it
    the idf loses were on the lebanese side of the border
    the soldiers that were taken by the hezbullah forces came from engagments on the lebanese side of the border

Except that you have no evidence whatsoever for these claims. You are simply choosing to have that opinion and pretending that it is some kind of truth. Whatever part of you needs to justify Hizbollah's actions might as well fess up.
  • Options
    You're not exactly working hard at reducing the number of cliches in this thread, either.

I asked a legitimate question that granted the response I suspected. It's hardly a cliche, I call it a Boolean Inquiry, or a closed-ended question.
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    Ahnimus wrote:
    lol, you are quite the antagonist Shiraz. Maybe you want to look in the mirror next time you speak those words.

No, I'm not. And I don't have to look in the mirror to know that, there are many people around here, even in this very thread who disagree with what I have to say but still respect me, and the same thing is going for me. I guess you are the one who should really look in the mirror, but you gotta be careful: disrespecting me in such a harsh way made you a very ugly person. On the other hand, you probably wouldn't notice that, cause you only see what you want to, regardless the reality.

This is my last response to you, I don't want this thread to be deleted cause of people like you.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I asked a legitimate question that granted the response I suspected. It's hardly a cliche, I call it a Boolean Inquiry, or a closed-ended question.

Calling Zionism racism is a cute left wing cliche that you and countless others use to attempt to avoid sounding like anti-semites.

"I love Jews, I just hate Zionists." Or something like that
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    Calling Zionism racism is a cute left wing cliche that you and countless others use to attempt to avoid sounding like anti-semites.

Calling anything you don't agree with as "left-wing" or "kooky" is getting sickening....

BTW went through your posts have you ever made a post outside a thread that involved Israel?

May I ask what is your fav. PJ album and song...just curious as you seem to make no attempt to discuss their music. Not saying your not a fan I just want to see what your fav's are.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

Zionism is not one unitary entity. There are different degrees and variations. Although some extremists probably deserve the racist label, calling the whole movement racist assumes an extremely broad definition of racism. A definition so broad, that ALL forms of nationalism or cultural exclusivity probably deserve the same label.
  • Options
    veritasveritas Posts: 31
    Can I join the zionist party ? It sounds great.
    I can't ??? Why not ?
    I hate to tell ya.... It doesn't sound fair
    riot act is best

cunts watch their bodies
  • Options
    Calling anything you don't agree with as "left-wing" or "kooky" is getting sickening....

BTW went through your posts have you ever made a post outside a thread that involved Israel?

May I ask what is your fav. PJ album and song...just curious as you seem to make no attempt to discuss their music. Not saying your not a fan I just want to see what your fav's are.

Actually, if you look at the first post I've ever made on this forum, it was about me being a bit sick of the constant politicizing being done on pearljam.com. I didn't realize that there would be so many anti-Israel and US Pearl Jam fans. Once I saw that there were, I began posting. My posts mostly have to do with Israel and the war on terror.

I didn't think this was the forum to discuss their music. If you want that discussion, go to one of the other ones.

Not that it's any of your business, but my favorite album is No Code. Can't name my favorite song - there are too many I love.
  • Options
    Zionism is not one unitary entity. There are different degrees and variations. Although some extremists probably deserve the racist label, calling the whole movement racist assumes an extremely broad definition of racism. A definition so broad, that ALL forms of nationalism or cultural exclusivity probably deserve the same label.

Just to add to my own post ... Check on the wikipedia article on Zionism, particularly the piece on types of Zionism, and more germane to the racism issue, the section on Zionism and racism. There are lots of good counterarguments, for those who are interested.
  • Options
    veritas wrote:
    I can't ??? Why not ?

Like I said ... A broad definition of racism.
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    Actually, if you look at the first post I've ever made on this forum, it was about me being a bit sick of the constant politicizing being done on pearljam.com. I didn't realize that there would be so many anti-Israel and US Pearl Jam fans. Once I saw that there were, I began posting. My posts mostly have to do with Israel and the war on terror.

I didn't think this was the forum to discuss their music. If you want that discussion, go to one of the other ones.

Not that it's any of your business, but my favorite album is No Code. Can't name my favorite song - there are too many I love.

Stop patronizing me.....and stop acting like a complete jerk...like really....if you didn't want to answer then don't....
  • Options
    Stop patronizing me.....and stop acting like a complete jerk...like really....if you didn't want to answer then don't....

The whole point of your post was to patronize me; to paint me as some asshole who doesn't even listen to Pearl Jam and only comes on here to get his agenda across. Too bad if you don't like my response to it.
  • Options
    By the way, if I am not mistaken, the aforementioned Wikipedia article mentioned that something like 50% of Isrealis are of "racially mixed" background (although technically speaking, Caucasian Europeans and Arabs belong to the same broad race). Not to mention the 100,000 plus black African Jews. Israel is actually a multi-ethnic country. If indeed Zionism is a prejudicial movement, the focus is better described as religious, not racial.

Not every ill in the world comes from some White folk devil.
  • Options
    jsand wrote:

No it's not Anti-Semitic. The United Nations has deemed Zionism a form of Racism. Your personal opinion really doesn't matter, when the world has ruled it racism.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    No it's not Anti-Semitic. The United Nations has deemed Zionism a form of Racism. Your personal opinion really doesn't matter, when the world has ruled it racism.

Facts matter. I couldn't care less what the UN does - it's an irrelevant piece of shit organization. That's something that even the left and right usually agree on.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

The world does not equal a bunch of countries ganging up to make Israel look bad. Not to mention that this is a bad form of logic in the first place. The majority of countries in the world use state-sanctioned torture on prisoners, political or otherwise. Does that mean that torture must be morally defensible? Come on, the whole world is doin' it!
  • Options
    By the way, if I am not mistaken, the aforementioned Wikipedia article mentioned that something like 50% of Isrealis are of "racially mixed" background (although technically speaking, Caucasian Europeans and Arabs belong to the same broad race). Not to mention the 100,000 plus black African Jews. Israel is actually a multi-ethnic country. If indeed Zionism is a prejudicial movement, the focus is better described as religious, not racial.

Not every ill in the world comes from some White folk devil.
    Oh I agree, not all Jews are Zionists.

However, Zionism in it's self is racist. It's the ideaology that Jews should have their own land. Judaism is a religious believe, a hipocritical one at that. Where exactly is the Christian state, Islamic state, Rastafarian state, Church of the Universe state? Not all religions have their own state. The goal of Zionism is to create a community of only one religion to protect themselves from domestic prejudice. Whilst creating a global prejudice against non-jews an in turn, jews.

The whole basis for Zionism was to remove the indigenous inhabitants of a land in order to create occupy it for themselves. The whole birth of Israel was a genocide. No different then that of Canada or the United States, with some minor details that differ.
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    Facts matter. I couldn't care less what the UN does - it's an irrelevant piece of shit organization. That's something that even the left and right usually agree on.

Oh so your opinion must be gospel then? Give me a break Jsand. Why don't you admit you are racist?
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    veritas wrote:
    I can't ??? Why not ?

Is there a zionist party? the closest thing we have in Israel is a party called 'Mafdal', it has only 3 seats in Israeli parlament and it is not included in our govt. Again, the "zionist Idea" is irrelevant in Israel for quite a while.

*edit (damn you, firefox!): Like I wrote here many many times before, if you ask the average Israeli person about Zionism he probably woun't know what that term really stands for or maybe laugh at you or think you are crazy.
  • Options
    The world does not equal a bunch of countries ganging up to make Israel look bad. Not to mention that this is a bad form of logic in the first place. The majority of countries in the world use state-sanctioned torture on prisoners, political or otherwise. Does that mean that torture must be morally defensible? Come on, the whole world is doin' it!

What does the world equal then? Your and Jsand's opinons? Hardly.
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Ahnimus wrote:
    According to the United Nations, Zionism is a form of Racism.

Ah, yes, the hallow UN -- um, last I checked they couldn't even define "terrorism." Hmmm. Intersting indeed! They've defined Zionism now have they?

Perhaps because the UN is largely a grouping of undemocratic states that seeks hegemony over democratic ones to protect, all too often, corrupt ends?
    [sic] happens