Options

And the Violence Continues

Comments

• Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    I am 100% certain that you are correct......

.....according to Israeli and U.S. media / lip service

Oh please, enough with this paranoia-conspiracy way of thinking, I thought we had some reasonable discussion. Check up the Lebanese press, unless you think they are lieing as well. Who knows? Maybe prime minister Hariri was'nt murdered at all cause he was trying to oppose Syria & Hizbullah. Yeah. Sure. I see dead people...
  • Options
    NCfanNCfan Posts: 945
    Something is becoming quite clear to me.... the West is getting its ass kicked by those that support Islamic states in the Middle East - Hezbollah, Iran, Syria. We are losing.

We went from a peaceful period in Lebanon in which the Harriri government got the Syrian army to pull out, while peaceful negotiations were ongoing with the Israeli's.

Now, fucking Hezbollah pretty much just inherited Lebanon and Iran and Syria are laughing at us. The international community is quietly thinking "oh shit this isn't good" but will damn Israel if anybody gets killed.

This is a big poker game, and these guys are calling our bluff. We speak big, but never act on it because of a combination of shitty leaders (Bush/Olmert), a pussy population (Europe/US), indifference from profiteering nations (Russia/China), condemnation by the international media when people get killed... they always blame it on the west.

Fuck this... the Islamist know we are reluctant to fight because our populations are too emersed in our easy lifestyle. Dying for us is losing our theraputic, easy, enjoyable life - and dying for an Islamist means paradise.....

They are exploiting this and they won't stop until we bring the fucking heat! It's the same shit Hitler did... and we appeased him all the way.
  • Options
    jsandjsand Posts: 646
    shiraz wrote:
    Oh please, enough with this paranoia-conspiracy way of thinking, I thought we had some reasonable discussion. Check up the Lebanese press, unless you think they are lieing as well. Who knows? Maybe prime minister Hariri was'nt murdered at all cause he was trying to oppose Syria & Hizbullah. Yeah. Sure. I see dead people...

No. The Syrians didn't murder Hariri - it was a joint US/Israeli conspiracy. Remember, Zionists rule the world and are responsible for just about everything wrong in it.
  • Options
    sourdoughsourdough Posts: 579
    jsand wrote:
    Shiraz, you're violating a very sacred rule here on the moving train - calling terrorists/extremists what they are. Remember, they are only committing atrocities because of legitimate grievances. If Israel would just disappear, they'd all be peaceful law-abiding citizens.

I have no problem calling Hamas/hizbollah terrorists or extremists because that is what they are. I also call the Israeli government a terrorist state. I see legitimate grievances on both sides but both sides are acting criminally.
  • Options
    NCfan wrote:
    Something is becoming quite clear to me.... the West is getting its ass kicked by those that support Islamic states in the Middle East - Hezbollah, Iran, Syria. We are losing.

We went from a peaceful period in Lebanon in which the Harriri government got the Syrian army to pull out, while peaceful negotiations were ongoing with the Israeli's.

Now, fucking Hezbollah pretty much just inherited Lebanon and Iran and Syria are laughing at us. The international community is quietly thinking "oh shit this isn't good" but will damn Israel if anybody gets killed.

This is a big poker game, and these guys are calling our bluff. We speak big, but never act on it because of a combination of shitty leaders (Bush/Olmert), a pussy population (Europe/US), indifference from profiteering nations (Russia/China), condemnation by the international media when people get killed... they always blame it on the west.

Fuck this... the Islamist know we are reluctant to fight because our populations are too emersed in our easy lifestyle. Dying for us is losing our theraputic, easy, enjoyable life - and dying for an Islamist means paradise.....

They are exploiting this and they won't stop until we bring the fucking heat! It's the same shit Hitler did... and we appeased him all the way.

Couldn't agree with you more. I've been saying it for a while now - the US, and Western civilization, will die from the inside. People think that we can choose whether or not to be involved in this war being waged on us, but there is no choice - either we fight, or we die.
  • Options
    sourdough wrote:
    I think Lebanon (in general) just wanted to move on. They were tired of the fighting and tired of war and wanted to return to normalcy. Lebanon wanted peace and did what they needed to do to achieve that, but to say that they were warm and fuzzy about Israel may be a bit far from the truth. However, that said, not all Lebanon felt as secure with Israel. This is only going to further distance lebanon from Israel and I fear it will create more extremists from moderates. Do you think Lebanon is going to want to trust Israel again?

I never used the words "warm & fuzzy". We have what we're calling here "a cold peace" with Egypt, and that's enough. Lebanon had to trust us as much as we had to trust them to do the right thing. unfortunately, it didn't happen. Hariri was murdered, and the next regime went back to Syria & Hizbullah's arms. But even after this war, Israel & Lebanon are trusting eachother for doing the right thing. You see, it is not a matter of choice now, both of us have to feel that way in order to avoid further escalation. That's why the IDF is backing off, and handing over the control to the Lebanese army, though we know this is one week force who can't really resist Hizbullah.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    sourdough's points are pretty moderate ... I don't entirely agree, but at least I can see his point. However, we also have these people that basically bury their hands in the sand. Do you guys really think that Islamic extremism is a fabrication? How is that even a realistic view? Its bald-faced denial. Regardless of the ultimate source of the threat, be it bad foreign policy decisions in the West or a severely disordered culture in the Middle East where violence is venerated (I believe its BOTH), the threat is obviously real.
  • Options
    sourdough wrote:
    I have no problem calling Hamas/hizbollah terrorists or extremists because that is what they are. I also call the Israeli government a terrorist state. I see legitimate grievances on both sides but both sides are acting criminally.

No no no no, I'm sorry. You may have to re-read my posts regarding this matter. I was talking about extremists way of thinking, their ideology and beliefs (regardless their religion). Israeli govt do not believe muslims should die, nor the killing of them would bring you into the gates of hevean. It doesn't call for the destruction of any other state. If you think Israel= group of extremists than there's nothing we should discuss here, because the fact is - you are worng.
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    No no no no, I'm sorry. You may have to re-read my posts regarding this matter. I was talking about extremists way of thinking, their ideology and beliefs (regardless their religion). Israeli govt do not believe muslims should die, nor the killing of them would bring you into the gates of hevean. It doesn't call for the destruction of any other state. If you think Israel= group of extremists than there's nothing we should discuss here, because the fact is - you are worng.

Shiraz, you are now violating another moving train rule - must...find...moral equivalency.
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    NCfan wrote:
    ... the Islamist know we are reluctant to fight because our populations are too emersed in our easy lifestyle. Dying for us is losing our theraputic, easy, enjoyable life ...

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve." - Admiral Yamamoto

I fear very much, for the world, that someone will take a sharp stick to that giant, who is very much at fault for falling asleep, again. And then, bring on Patton:

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

How very different that philosophy is from a suicide bombers, neh?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    sourdoughsourdough Posts: 579
    shiraz wrote:

I do not think Israel is and extremist state, what i do believe is they use terror/criminal tactics to attain their ends.
  • Options
    acutejam wrote:
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve." - Admiral Yamamoto

I fear very much, for the world, that someone will take a sharp stick to that giant, who is very much at fault for falling asleep, again. And then, bring on Patton:

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

How very different that philosophy is from a suicide bombers, neh?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Hey acutejam, is that "neh" from Ender's Game? Seriously wondering.
  • Options
    Purple HawkPurple Hawk Posts: 1,300
    NCfan wrote:

I think that this is the best post that I've ever read on this board.
    And you ask me what I want this year
    And I try to make this kind and clear
    Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
    Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
    And desire and love and empty things
    Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
  • Options
    Maybe I am truly too paranoid ... But I believe that its entirely possible that, one day, I will have no choice but to fight for the values of our society, however imperfect the latter may be. I am no soldier, either.

Not something I want. Just something I fear.
  • Options
    sourdough wrote:
    I do not think Israel is and extremist state, what i do believe is they use terror/criminal tactics to attain their ends.

fair enough, but don't compare it to a group of extremists anymore, cause there's a huge difference:tactics can be easily changed, ideology & beliefs - not at all. Terror is a state of mind more than a state of action.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    shiraz wrote:
    fair enough, but don't compare it to a group of extremists anymore, cause there's a huge difference:tactics can be easily changed, ideology & beliefs - not at all. Terror is a state of mind more than a state of action.

In my opinion Mossad is a terrorist organization. Based on their history of terrorism.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    I believe those people "earn" their definition of being an extremists, and not calling this phenomenon by its name only because of some people who always use generalizations, is extremely WRONG.
    I appreciate that and it looks like you can appreciate my concern. I'm still very skeptical, however, of those who easily label groups or individuals as terrorists or extremists. While I mostly agree with your definitions, I suspect there are far fewer terrorists and extremists in this world than some would lead us to believe.
  • Options
    Do you guys really think that Islamic extremism is a fabrication?
    Fabrication? No. Exaggeration? Yes.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    In my opinion Mossad is a terrorist organization. Based on their history of terrorism.

Im my opinion, someone like you who automaticly concluded I'm a fraud out of NOTHING just because I'm pro-Israeli / Israeli civilian, should not expect others to take his words seriously.
  • Options
    Fabrication? No. Exaggeration? Yes.

OK, cool. But let me ask you this ... How can something at the root of so many wars across the entire globe truly be called an exaggeration? And yes, I agree that wars like Iraq are a two-way street. Bad politics in the U.S. has played a huge role in making the situation worse. But truly ... the globe is plagued by this ideology ... The actions of leaders like Bush only serve to fan flames that are already present.
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    Im my opinion, someone like you who automaticly concluded I'm a fraud out of NOTHING just because I'm pro-Israeli / Israeli civilian, should not expect others to take his words seriously.

I didn't say that. Perception is one of the greatest flaws of human kind. As you have exhibited so nicely.

Regardless, your perception doesn't change the reality of Mossad and it's history as a terrorist organization.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    veritasveritas Posts: 31
    NCfan wrote:
    Any guesses what will happen when Hezbollah refuses to disarm? They are currently under a UN mandate to disarm, but it is quite obvious that they have no intentions of doing so. Armies don't disband after they win a war... duh!

So in essence, Israel will theoretically have the support of the UN if they decide to try and disarm Hezbollah themselves. Furthermore, if the UN proves that it cannot fullfill its own mandate, I doubt Israel will care either way if the UN supports them or condems them.

Plus, throw in the fact that Netanyahoo will likely take office by the end of the year - and the probablility for another war is very likely.

What do you guys think?

Do the Lebanese have a Second Amendment type right to bear arms and form a militia ? That would suck if they did , i guess.

How many times has Israel invaded Lebanon? How many UN resolutions is Israel currently in violation of ??? Golan.. Sheeba ... Gaza... westbank.... the partition of palestine itself.... jerusalem...
    riot act is best

cunts watch their bodies
  • Options
    veritas wrote:
    Do the Lebanese have a Second Amendment type right to bear arms and form a militia ? That would suck if they did , i guess.

How many times has Israel invaded Lebanon? How many UN resolutions is Israel currently in violation of ??? Golan.. Sheeba ... Gaza... westbank.... the partition of palestine itself.... jerusalem...

Yea true, if the US can have state militias, then Hezbollah has a right to exist. Oh the hipocricy
  • Options
    I appreciate that and it looks like you can appreciate my concern. I'm still very skeptical, however, of those who easily label groups or individuals as terrorists or extremists. While I mostly agree with your definitions, I suspect there are far fewer terrorists and extremists in this world than some would lead us to believe.

Well, at least here in the middle east there are several extremists groups who are ACTUALLY threatening the area on a daily basis: Hamas, Hizbullah, Al Qaeda, Palestinian Islamic Jihad Movement (Iran & Syria units in Israel), Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades (Hizbulla's unit in Israel), PFLP (the ones who are shooting missiles towards Israeli town of sderot for months, with the help of the Hamas), Popular Resistance Committees (PRC) and there are lots of more. I think even one group like that is more than enough, so I don't see the point of arguing about whether there are 10 or 100 similar extremists groups across the world.
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    Well, at least here in the middle east there are several extremists groups who are ACTUALLY threatening the area on a daily basis: Hamas, Hizbullah, Al Qaeda, Palestinian Islamic Jihad Movement (Iran & Syria units in Israel), Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades (Hizbulla's unit in Israel), PFLP (the ones who are shooting missiles towards Israeli town of sderot for months, with the help of the Hamas), Popular Resistance Committees (PRC) and there are lots of more. I think even one group like that is more than enough, so I don't see the point of arguing about whether there are 10 or 100 similar extremists groups across the world.

Stop exaggerating...
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I didn't say that. Perception is one of the greatest flaws of human kind. As you have exhibited so nicely.

Regardless, your perception doesn't change the reality of Mossad and it's history as a terrorist organization.

You sure acted like that, those threads are still out there, it pretty pathetic you try to calim you're a saint. Get it - I don't care anymore about what you think, I have zero respect for you and your narrow-paranoic opinions.
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    You sure acted like that, those threads are still out there, it pretty pathetic you try to calim you're a saint. Get it - I don't care anymore about what you think, I have zero respect for you and your narrow-paranoic opinions.

lol, you are quite the antagonist Shiraz. Maybe you want to look in the mirror next time you speak those words.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Yea true, if the US can have state militias, then Hezbollah has a right to exist. Oh the hipocricy

Did those state militias attack, say, Canada? Or Mexico?
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    lol, you are quite the antagonist Shiraz. Maybe you want to look in the mirror next time you speak those words.

And for the millionth time on the moving train, the pot calls the kettle black.
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    Did those state militias attack, say, Canada? Or Mexico?

No, but on the same token, Canada or Mexico doesn't attack the United States, see we deal with our problems diplomatically.