White Supremacist groups on the rise in U.S.

Comments

• onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    RainDog wrote:
    Yes, there are poor whites. I used to be one.
    Whites don't "lose" jobs because of quotas. There are probably some that didn't get a job because they were on the same level as a black applicant; but none were fired for being white.
    You don't need to point out whites in campers. I've seen it every day for the last year and a half.
    Your doctors - are they foreign by any chance?
    I worked for a law firm. Every last one of the lawyers was white. The rest of the staff, not so much.
    And if you think that a vast majority of those in government aren't white, well, Jesus, I don't know what to say there.

i was recruited by a friend at a large publicly traded company for a position. i was called into a meeting where i was told due to government quota; they had to hire a black and a woman to continue receiving government contracts. because there was only 1 opening; they hired the only black woman that applied and she was fresh out of high school. this happened to me personally.
    my neurologist is from fiji.
    the majority in government are white; but i said proportionate.
  • Alot of people throw that word around loosely on this board. They are amazingly ignorant at how hurtful it is to use that word out of its true context.

who cares!! -think how blacks and whites feel when threatened with genoicide by mexican nazis in 2007 usa -were sick of it!!

see my new post
  • anyone from austin?alex jones on radio there says the cops overlook asaults on whites by hispanics

thats nazism!!
  • floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    Fine, Blacks. But the majority of Blacks in this country were once African.

What percentage have direct family ties to slaves?
  • RainDog wrote:
    I think that's what I was going for. I put the term "blackness" in quotes because there is a lot more to it than that. I don't really consider white to be the equivalent of black here in the States, as far as terms go. Instead of "white," it's Irish or French or British. When someone says they want to celebrate their "whiteness," I get nervous. When someone says they want to celebrate their Irish heritage, I say "pass the Guinness."
    exactly
    RainDog wrote:
    I think that's what I was going for. I put the term "blackness" in quotes because there is a lot more to it than that. I don't really consider white to be the equivalent of black here in the States, as far as terms go. Instead of "white," it's Irish or French or British. When someone says they want to celebrate their "whiteness," I get nervous. When someone says they want to celebrate their Irish heritage, I say "pass the Guinness."

That's what I was getting at. There is a difference between saying "I want to celebrate my Jamaicanness" and "I want to celebrate my pigment."
  • who cares!! -think how blacks and whites feel when threatened with genoicide by mexican nazis in 2007 usa -were sick of it!!

see my new post
    What exactly is a Mexican Nazi. Im trying to picture this, a guy wearing jack boots a swastika and a Sombrero? Very confused...
  • RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,831
    i was recruited by a friend at a large publicly traded company for a position. i was called into a meeting where i was told due to government quota; they had to hire a black and a woman to continue receiving government contracts. because there was only 1 opening; they hired the only black woman that applied and she was fresh out of high school. this happened to me personally.
    So were you fired or were you not hired?
    my neurologist is from fiji.
    So he or she likely didn't get the job because of being in a minority. There are lots of foreign doctors. I dont' think affirmative action has anything to do with that.
    the majority in government are white; but i said proportionate.
    Let's look at the black proportions, shall we. Blacks make up roughly 12% of the U.S. population. Currently, 7% of the U.S. Congress (House and Senate) is black - around 9% in the House and exactly 1% in the Senate.

***edited for dumb math.
  • Celebrating aspects of ones culture is far different than celebrating ones skin color.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
    zstillings wrote:
    That's what I was getting at. There is a difference between saying "I want to celebrate my Jamaicanness" and "I want to celebrate my pigment."
    What if all you know is that "I'm Black and I was born in America"?
  • zstillings wrote:
    What percentage have direct family ties to slaves?
    What difference does it make? Who cares. Your going to say with a straight face that Blacks are now magically on the same playing field as Whites a mere generation away from the Civil Rights Act of 65? I dont think so pal. I dont care if they can trace their roots to Kunta Kinte himself, I have no problem with some level of affirmative action, especially in Education. Education will help to alleviate poverty, which has a direct effect on crime, and the net result is a better society. So whats the problem....?
    who cares!! -think how blacks and whites feel when threatened with genoicide by mexican nazis in 2007 usa -were sick of it!!

see my new post

that's why we have guns. to fight those who breach our borders and to keep the government in check.
    many don't realize that in a lot of the west; it's still 1885. we have gunslingers; legal gambling; legal bordellos; and many can't get electricity including me.
    i say bring them on. we'll exterminate them like we do other pests.
    What difference does it make? Who cares. Your going to say with a straight face that Blacks are now magically on the same playing field as Whites a mere generation away from the Civil Rights Act of 65? I dont think so pal. I dont care if they can trace their roots to Kunta Kinte himself, I have no problem with some level of affirmative action, especially in Education. Education will help to alleviate poverty, which has a direct effect on crime, and the net result is a better society. So whats the problem....?

blacks are not equal. affirmative action gave them a spot above whites.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    So whats the problem....?

Using racism to fight racism is just plain stupid.

It creates and promotes greater division, it's effect is in direct contradiction to it's supposed goal.

And here you are assuming that the black receiving the scholarship is poor and the white not getting it is rich. While there is some correlation to that in reality, skin color doesn not necessarily indicate wealth. And that's a big flaw in afirmative action.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Using racism to fight racism is just plain stupid.

It creates and promotes greater division, it's effect is in direct contradiction to it's supposed goal.

And here you are assuming that the black receiving the scholarship is poor and the white not getting it is rich. While there is some correlation to that in reality, skin color doesn not necessarily indicate wealth. And that's a big flaw in afirmative action.

Especially in Appalachia, where poor whites have no advantages whatsoever.
    All I know is that to see, and not to speak, would be the great betrayal.
    -Enoch Powell
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Especially in Appalachia, where poor whites have no advantages whatsoever.

Except for the advantage of a wider pool of the opposite sex that you can marry since they include family.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Nah, we took the land fair and square. That's what happens when you have more power. You win the wars and the weak people lose the wars.

That's the rules.

Fair and square? You call giving Native Americans blankets laced with smallpox fair? How about when the government forced thousands of natives to live on reservations (aka prison camps)? That's anything but fair and square. Or how about several incidents in which US soldiers cut native american unborn babies out of their live pregnant mothers? It's blatantly obvious that we unrightfully stole this land from its native people, which is nothing to be proud of.

Smallpox champion U S of A
    Give natives some blankets
    Warm like the grave
    This is the pattern cut from the cloth
    This is the pattern designed to take you right out
    This is the frontier with winter's so cold
    Greed informs action where action makes bold
    To take all the cotton that's cut from the stalk
    Weave the disease that's gonna take you right out
    What is good for the future what was good for the past -
    Won't last
    Bury your heart, U S of A, history rears up to spit in your face
    You saw what you wanted
    You took what you saw
    We know how you got it
    Your method equals wipe out
    The end of the frontier and all that you own
    Under the blankets of all that you've done
    Memory serves us to serve you
    Yet memory serves us to never let you wipe out
    Cha-cha-cha-champion
    You'll get yours
    Wipe out
    7/16/06 7/18/06
  • that's why we have guns. to fight those who breach our borders and to keep the government in check.
    many don't realize that in a lot of the west; it's still 1885. we have gunslingers; legal gambling; legal bordellos; and many can't get electricity including me.
    i say bring them on. we'll exterminate them like we do other pests.

well thats sick
    theyre like little children- most are
    i think only some are bigots
    we need to follow the law and return them

maybe half are bigots but we have to maintain some sanity here

get real
  • rigneyclan wrote:
    Fair and square? You call giving Native Americans blankets laced with smallpox fair? How about when the government forced thousands of natives to live on reservations (aka prison camps)? That's anything but fair and square. Or how about several incidents in which US soldiers cut native american unborn babies out of their live pregnant mothers? It's blatantly obvious that we unrightfully stole this land from its native people, which is nothing to be proud of.

Warm like the grave
    Won't last
    You saw what you wanted
    You took what you saw
    We know how you got it
    Cha-cha-cha-champion
    You'll get yours
    Wipe out

I am not necessarily proud of everything and *how* it was done, but proud that it was done. Their civilizations were crumbling when whites came here and we took over b/c we were more powerful.

That's how foreign policy works.
    All I know is that to see, and not to speak, would be the great betrayal.
    -Enoch Powell
    Using racism to fight racism is just plain stupid.

thank you cincy. affirmative action is racism in that it favours one on the basis of colour. those on the short end get angry. just as the blacks got angry and protested and rioted in the 60's.
    if we are equal; then let's treat eachother as equal. if blacks are genetically inferior; then by all means affirmative action is appropriate.
    RainDog wrote:
    What if all you know is that "I'm Black and I was born in America"?

What if all I know is "I'm white and was born in America?" Does that make celebrating whiteness okay?

Does it help alleviate poverty if it is helping the middle and upper class minorites more than the poor minorities? Not all minorities are lower class. Many minorities where I grew up were much better off financially than me.
    rigneyclan wrote:

Warm like the grave
    Won't last
    You saw what you wanted
    You took what you saw
    We know how you got it
    Cha-cha-cha-champion
    You'll get yours
    Wipe out

the american indian was the most oppressed in the history of the us. not only did we treat them as sub human; we recorded history to make them look like the aggressors. remember wounded knee? what we did to the american indian was dispicable. i sell all my buffalo meat and hides to american indians at cost in a way to say i'm sorry for what happened. and my family didn't immigrate here until the early 1900's. there was enough land for everyone. we had no right to slaughter them.
    zstillings wrote:
    What if all I know is "I'm white and was born in America?" Does that make celebrating whiteness okay?
    I find that to be an unlikely scenerio.

Are you implying that, historically, white slave owners didn't do their best to wipe out all sense of cultural unity among their slaves?
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    the american indian was the most oppressed in the history of the us. not only did we treat them as sub human; we recorded history to make them look like the aggressors. remember wounded knee? what we did to the american indian was dispicable. i sell all my buffalo meat and hides to american indians at cost in a way to say i'm sorry for what happened. and my family didn't immigrate here until the early 1900's. there was enough land for everyone. we had no right to slaughter them.

It all seems pretty ironic to me. Flee europe from the crusades, then come to the americas and kill everything here. Then invade Canada. My family came over to pennsylvania during the crusades, then during the american revolution fled to Canada, then ended up having to fight the US in the war of 1812. Just couldn't escape the violence.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
    RainDog wrote:
    I find that to be an unlikely scenerio.

Are you implying that, historically, white slave owners didn't do their best to wipe out all sense of cultural unity among their slaves?

They may have (in a broad painting sort of way). Half of my family came here well after slavery was abolished. I also have a mix of about 15 different nationalities in my family tree. I can't really identify one much like these people. Should I be celebrating my pigment?
    zstillings wrote:
    They may have (in a broad painting sort of way). Half of my family came here well after slavery was abolished. I also have a mix of about 15 different nationalities in my family tree. I can't really identify one much like these people. Should I be celebrating my pigment?
    Yeah, go ahead.
  • mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    the people i know or have distant knowledge of trying to sneek into mexico were shot and killed. the focus is on mexicans because the last numbers i've seen; 10,000 mexicans try to sneek accross the border every day. you don't see 10;000 asians swimming accross the ocean every day. the other factor is language. asians and europeans learn english. they don't expect the country to change it's language just because they've arrived.
    it's like the kid who wrote graffiti in english in singapore. had he written in chinese he may not have been caught. he wouldn't have stood out.
    the bottom line is you don't commit a crime then make a lot of noise about it.
    it draws fire.

Just because they are the majority doesn't mean that they are the only one's that are the problem. Second hispanics don't expect or demand that they be catered to as far as language. Yes there are those that refuse to learn the language just like there are other people from other walks of life who come here and refuse to learn the language. Don't make it seem like hispanics are the only ones that come here and refuse to learn English. None of the reasons you gave justifies hispanics being singled out.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Their civilizations were crumbling when whites came here

Not true. The Native civilizations were doing quite well until the European invaders came and raped them of their land and culture. Disease brought on by Europeans was the major factor in their demise.
    7/16/06 7/18/06
    RainDog wrote:
    Yeah, go ahead.

Thank you.