Options

White Supremacist groups on the rise in U.S.

Comments

• Options
    floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    chicago and it's suburbs was swamped with illegals when i got out of there. i knew many of them. i was told they went to a cemetary; found someone about their age on a tombstone; got info from the cemetary then got a birth certificate for that person. i hired 4 mexicans who had social security cards but later found out they were illegal. they told me that's how they got the cards.

That's how they register Democrats there too, isn't it?
  • Options
    onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    zstillings wrote:
    That's how they register Democrats there too, isn't it?

lol. i lived there for that election.
  • Options
    caifan82 wrote:
    I wonder if it's feasible to move Mexico somewhere else. I don't know maybe Syberia. Nah still too close... Maybe the Sahara... I would go.

i'll buy your ticket.
  • Options
    caifan82caifan82 Mexico City Posts: 321
    i'll buy your ticket.

Why?
    Mexico City - July 17th 2003
    Mexico City - July 18th 2003
    Mexico City - July 19th 2003
    Monterrey - December 7th 2005
    Mexico City - December 9th 2005
    Mexico City - December 10th 2005
    Mexico City - November 24th 2011
  • Options
    The Nation of Aztlán is an extremely racist Hispanic nationalist and separatist organization headquartered in Whittier, California, United States. Its platform states that United States must cede the part of the U.S. which was originally in Mexico and which it calls "Aztlan territory" in order to form an independent nation. It is a hate group according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, and both the SPLC and the Anti-Defamation League describe the group as antisemitic. The ADL also claims that La Voz de Aztlán preaches homophobia and Holocaust denial. Others criticize the group for their overall promotion of ethnic separatism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation_of_Aztl%C3%A1n

when someone like me gives them links and information then they slink off to another thead or change the subject and type lol and make a joke

well were sick of the racsist bastards!!get out of our country illegal racist criminals!!
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    caifan82 wrote:
    I wonder if it's feasible to move Mexico somewhere else. I don't know maybe Syberia. Nah still too close... Maybe the Sahara... I would go.

I hope Syberia builds a fence. ;)

There's nothing wrong with where mexico is...there is something wrong with where some of Mexico's inhabitants are living currently.

AS I said, I'm all for legal immigration, and I'm all for blending some hispanic culture into the current American culture (the food is fantastic, music not so much, and adding some hottie latino babes sounds like a good idea to me).
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,831
    If there was less racism in this country, the "send 'em back" people in this thread would be complaining about all the white employers who hire the illegal immigrants and not the immigrants themselves.

But, hey, you know, its all them mexicans.

Any white person living in America who thinks they are somehow being oppressed because of their whiteness is so full of shit I don't even know where to start.
  • Options
    RainDog wrote:
    If there was less racism in this country, the "send 'em back" people in this thread would be complaining about all the white employers who hire the illegal immigrants and not the immigrants themselves.

Any white person living in America who thinks they are somehow being oppressed because of their whiteness is so full of shit I don't even know where to start.

Being oppressed? Nope. BUt then again, like someone else pointed out, is anyone being oppressed?

But it is interesting to see people of different colors receiving financial aid because of that color, or people receiving jobs because of their color, or a group of women at work getting together to network, etc. It is disheartening.

White Male = oppressed? Nope. White Man being ignored or overlooked? It certainly is happening now. And you can never justify racism, no matter what color you are trying ot keep down.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    RainDog wrote:

you dont even know what youre talking about

whites are overtaxed and we all are and jack blood said he was beaten by mexicans for no reason

they do lots of crime
    and new orleans is a crime crap town too

mayor naggin is stupid!
  • Options
    mayor naggin is stupid!

Well, you finally made sense to me.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    caifan82caifan82 Mexico City Posts: 321
    I hope Syberia builds a fence. ;)

There's nothing wrong with where mexico is...there is something wrong with where some of Mexico's inhabitants are living currently.

AS I said, I'm all for legal immigration, and I'm all for blending some hispanic culture into the current American culture (the food is fantastic, music not so much, and adding some hottie latino babes sounds like a good idea to me).

It's just sad. From reading this board it's almost like the word "Mexican" is always used in a despective way in the US. I've never ever read a thread here, involving Mexico, that didn't have that "damn Mexicans ate my baby" vibe. I don't know maybe I'm oversensitive.
    I agree about the music though. Traditional Mexican music is usually only good for when you are drunk and heartbroken. If you want to hear some really good Mexican music, check "Caifanes" or maybe "Zoé"... those are good rock bands.
    Mexico City - July 17th 2003
    Mexico City - July 18th 2003
    Mexico City - July 19th 2003
    Monterrey - December 7th 2005
    Mexico City - December 9th 2005
    Mexico City - December 10th 2005
    Mexico City - November 24th 2011
  • Options
    Being oppressed? Nope. BUt then again, like someone else pointed out, is anyone being oppressed?

But it is interesting to see people of different colors receiving financial aid because of that color, or people receiving jobs because of their color, or a group of women at work getting together to network, etc. It is disheartening.

White Male = oppressed? Nope. White Man being ignored or overlooked? It certainly is happening now. And you can never justify racism, no matter what color you are trying ot keep down.
    People of color receive financial aid because there's far, far less wealth in their communities.

And I really can't see how the White Man is being ignored. It's like a King screaming that no one's paying attention to him.
  • Options
    zstillings wrote:
    I agree with the last part of your post. I can't agree that somehow illegal immigration is ok if they learn the language. It may help to hide them but the fact is that they are still illegal and should have gone through the proper channels to obtain documentation.

i agree with the proper channels bit. i'm sorry if i gave a different impression. my family immigrated here via legal channels so i'm with you 100% there. legal immigration regulates aid to different areas. for example; if california census says there's 1 million residents; california gets aid for 1 million residents. if there's 1 million illegals that didn't participate in the census; the federal money received is not nearly enough for the population.
  • Options
    you dont even know what youre talking about

whites are overtaxed and we all are and jack blood said he was beaten by mexicans for no reason

they do lots of crime
    and new orleans is a crime crap town too

mayor naggin is stupid!
    Don't blame me, I voted for Boulet (and then Landrieu).

Now, what about those white employers, huh? Where's the rage?

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go light a few candles for your tax burden.
  • Options
    caifan82 wrote:
    It's just sad. From reading this board it's almost like the word "Mexican" is always used in a despective way in the US. I've never ever read a thread here, involving Mexico, that didn't have that "damn Mexicans ate my baby" vibe. I don't know maybe I'm oversensitive.
    I agree about the music though. Traditional Mexican music is usually only good for when you are drunk and heartbroken. If you want to hear some really good Mexican music, check "Caifanes" or maybe "Zoé"... those are good rock bands.

I'll see if I can check them out. My wife and I have some good friends that are from Mexico, and she has some great friends that still live there so I get a nice unique look at some of the culture. Lotss of good stuff.

The worst thing about Mexico (in my opinion) is that it seems that it is like 1950's America in regards to the women. But maybe they like it that way. My wife says that the female co-workers never pay a dime when they all go out to a club...the males (and my wife) always spilt the tab. That's a bit annoying.

But, like I said, mostly there are some amzing things that would make America even better if we would accept them into the current culture. Horchata and Churros for everyone!!!! Though I'm not sure of the spelling.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    RainDog wrote:
    People of color receive financial aid because there's far, far less wealth in their communities.

And I really can't see how the White Man is being ignored. It's like a King screaming that no one's paying attention to him.

That's not entirely true. There are plenty of scholarships that do not take financial need in to consideration but they do take color. So a rich balck kid gets the $ while the poor white kid wors at McD's.

I also think your second statement is part of the problem. I'm a white male and I'm no king. You are trying to make up for crap in the past by harming people that had nothing to do with any of it.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Horchata

I love that stuff...
  • Options
    That's not entirely true. There are plenty of scholarships that do not take financial need in to consideration but they do take color. So a rich balck kid gets the $ while the poor white kid wors at McD's.

I also think your second statement is part of the problem. I'm a white male and I'm no king. You are trying to make up for crap in the past by harming people that had nothing to do with any of it.
    Sure, there are problems with our financial aid distribution; but that's a problem with our distribution process, not minorities.

And, while maybe not a King (it was a metaphor, after all) you are benefiting from that "crap in the past." We all are. People like to say that if you appreciate our freedom, thank a soldier. Well, let me throw in there that if you're enjoying our current economic prosperity and place in the world - both of which are a direct result of our past - then thank a dead slave.
  • Options
    RainDog wrote:

so there's no poor whites? whites haven't lost jobs to people of colour because of quotas? there's no white families living in campers? it's this mentality that breeds racism and hatred. if we're all equal; then treat everyone equal. because of my medical condition; i have several doctors. not one is white. during my divorce i sat in court and noticed the lawyers of colour outnumbered white lawyers 3 to 1. i'm not a sports fan but how many high dollar blacks are there in relation to whites? what is the ratio of whites to those of colour in government? don't spew that bs on me. i know better.
  • Options
    I'll see if I can check them out. My wife and I have some good friends that are from Mexico, and she has some great friends that still live there so I get a nice unique look at some of the culture. Lotss of good stuff.

The worst thing about Mexico (in my opinion) is that it seems that it is like 1950's America in regards to the women. But maybe they like it that way. My wife says that the female co-workers never pay a dime when they all go out to a club...the males (and my wife) always spilt the tab. That's a bit annoying.

But, like I said, mostly there are some amzing things that would make America even better if we would accept them into the current culture. Horchata and Churros for everyone!!!! Though I'm not sure of the spelling.

my mexican friends are among my better friends. i attend their parties and they accept me as one of their own. but don't try to walk outside in ash fork arizona after dark if you're white.
  • Options
    as i recall; blacks were offered a free ticket back to africa. i guess they didn't want to go back and starve.
    Now ive seen everything on this board. Posts like this convince me beyond a shadow of a doubt the band does not read this board. If they did, id imagine MT would be out of business.
  • Options
    so there's no poor whites? whites haven't lost jobs to people of colour because of quotas? there's no white families living in campers? it's this mentality that breeds racism and hatred. if we're all equal; then treat everyone equal. because of my medical condition; i have several doctors. not one is white. during my divorce i sat in court and noticed the lawyers of colour outnumbered white lawyers 3 to 1. i'm not a sports fan but how many high dollar blacks are there in relation to whites? what is the ratio of whites to those of colour in government? don't spew that bs on me. i know better.
    Yes, there are poor whites. I used to be one.
    Whites don't "lose" jobs because of quotas. There are probably some that didn't get a job because they were on the same level as a black applicant; but none were fired for being white.
    You don't need to point out whites in campers. I've seen it every day for the last year and a half.
    Your doctors - are they foreign by any chance?
    I worked for a law firm. Every last one of the lawyers was white. The rest of the staff, not so much.
    And if you think that a vast majority of those in government aren't white, well, Jesus, I don't know what to say there.
  • Options
    RainDog wrote:
    That's what I'm getting at - they rejoice in their being black because that's what they have, their "blackness." Most don't have ties to any specific African culture.

And I've been to enough St. Patrick's Day celebrations to know that, while not "White" Pride per se, there's quite a bit of Irish Pride going on.

Have their own distinct culture and identity in this country. They are not just bound by color. They are bound by history, religion, neighborhood, MUSIC, etc, etc. You cannot make the same sweeping generalization about whites. The only people I know of who celebrate their white heritage are the Klan and the Skinheads. That's because the rest of us are European, and therefore have roots to a distinct European culture, otherwise we identify ourselves as Americans, and we have the 4th of July for that.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Hey I'm Canadian. Remember that time we totally kicked your ass? No? It was 1812 we burned down your capital. Still don't remember? Well.. It was funny anyway.

/jokes
    Your British now are ya?
  • Options
    cornnifer wrote:
    i honestly cannot believe the racism that exists on this board. i'm actually speechless. As much as i am tempted to let it all hang out right now, i think its about time for a little break. The past few days have been about as much as i can take. i'm losing my general respect for the Pearl Jam fanbase by reading some of this shit. i'll see ya in a few weeks.

*hangs head in disappointment*
    I hear ya Corn. But we need your voice.
  • Options
    Have their own distinct culture and identity in this country. They are not just bound by color. They are bound by history, religion, neighborhood, MUSIC, etc, etc. You cannot make the same sweeping generalization about whites. The only people I know of who celebrate their white heritage are the Klan and the Skinheads. That's because the rest of us are European, and therefore have roots to a distinct European culture, otherwise we identify ourselves as Americans, and we have the 4th of July for that.

The blurring comes in terms like "african-american" which tosses out all of the West Indians as if they didn't exist.
  • Options
    i believe he was using the word nazi as a metaphor.
    Alot of people throw that word around loosely on this board. They are amazingly ignorant at how hurtful it is to use that word out of its true context.
  • Options
    zstillings wrote:
    The blurring comes in terms like "african-american" which tosses out all of the West Indians as if they didn't exist.
    Fine, Blacks. But the majority of Blacks in this country were once African.
  • Options
    Now ive seen everything on this board. Posts like this convince me beyond a shadow of a doubt the band does not read this board. If they did, id imagine MT would be out of business.

Cause they promote only free speech when they agree with it?

It's good that people can say what's on their minds, even if they are wrong.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    I think that's what I was going for. I put the term "blackness" in quotes because there is a lot more to it than that. I don't really consider white to be the equivalent of black here in the States, as far as terms go. Instead of "white," it's Irish or French or British. When someone says they want to celebrate their "whiteness," I get nervous. When someone says they want to celebrate their Irish heritage, I say "pass the Guinness."