White Supremacist groups on the rise in U.S.

145679

Comments

  • Ahnimus wrote:
    It all seems pretty ironic to me. Flee europe from the crusades, then come to the americas and kill everything here. Then invade Canada. My family came over to pennsylvania during the crusades, then during the american revolution fled to Canada, then ended up having to fight the US in the war of 1812. Just couldn't escape the violence.
    Is that what they teach you about American history in the great white north? Or is that just your own twisted take?
  • RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,831
    zstillings wrote:
    Thank you.
    Not a problem. Would you like me to put you in touch with some people to celebrate with?
  • RainDog wrote:
    Not a problem. Would you like me to put you in touch with some people to celebrate with?
    Do they wear hoods?
  • the american indian was the most oppressed in the history of the us. not only did we treat them as sub human; we recorded history to make them look like the aggressors. remember wounded knee? what we did to the american indian was dispicable. i sell all my buffalo meat and hides to american indians at cost in a way to say i'm sorry for what happened. and my family didn't immigrate here until the early 1900's. there was enough land for everyone. we had no right to slaughter them.

    I agree 100%

    I think it's sad to see Native American tribes having to resort to opening a casino just so they can support themselves nowadays.

    What the US government did should never be forgotten, and we will never be able to fully repay them for all the pain and suffering we have caused their people, but what you are doing is very kind and generous, thank you.
    7/16/06 7/18/06
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Is that what they teach you about American history in the great white north? Or is that just your own twisted take?

    Dude, that's what happened.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    Ahnimus wrote:
    It all seems pretty ironic to me. Flee europe from the crusades, then come to the americas and kill everything here. Then invade Canada. My family came over to pennsylvania during the crusades, then during the american revolution fled to Canada, then ended up having to fight the US in the war of 1812. Just couldn't escape the violence.

    I don't mean to be picky but the crusades occurred between 1095-1291. Pennsylvania wasn't settled by Europeans till about 1680 when King Charles II granted the land to William Penn. There is about a 400 years discrepency there
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    RainDog wrote:
    Not a problem. Would you like me to put you in touch with some people to celebrate with?

    It's okay. I like to celebrate alone. Comments like the one below you show that there's too much racism in this country to not be publicly oppressed as a white man in this country today.
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    mammasan wrote:
    I don't mean to be picky but the crusades occurred between 1095-1291. Pennsylvania wasn't settled by Europeans till about 1680 when King Charles II granted the land to William Penn. There is about a 400 years discrepency there

    I'm refering to the northern crusades, and obviously there was significant time between the events. But again, we are talking about shit that happened generations ago. There is again a few generations between when my family (Casper Schürch) settled in Pennsylvania and the War of 1812. But I'm guessing you know that.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    rigneyclan wrote:
    I agree 100%

    I think it's sad to see Native American tribes having to resort to opening a casino just so they can support themselves nowadays.

    What the US government did should never be forgotten, and we will never be able to fully repay them for all the pain and suffering we have caused their people, but what you are doing is very kind and generous, thank you.

    i'm one of those nuts that believes in the indian ways. take only what you need and use everything.
    www.eatwild.com
    if guns kill people; then pencils cause mispelling
    i'm trying to think but nothing happens- jerome howard
    revenge is sweet without being fattening
  • onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    mammasan wrote:
    Just because they are the majority doesn't mean that they are the only one's that are the problem. Second hispanics don't expect or demand that they be catered to as far as language. Yes there are those that refuse to learn the language just like there are other people from other walks of life who come here and refuse to learn the language. Don't make it seem like hispanics are the only ones that come here and refuse to learn English. None of the reasons you gave justifies hispanics being singled out.

    i didn't mean to imply justification. i'm just repeating what i've heard in an attempt to understand.
    www.eatwild.com
    if guns kill people; then pencils cause mispelling
    i'm trying to think but nothing happens- jerome howard
    revenge is sweet without being fattening
  • Ahnimus wrote:
    Dude, that's what happened.
    Just like the Crusades of 1600's happened too>?
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 9,055
    That's not entirely true. There are plenty of scholarships that do not take financial need in to consideration but they do take color. So a rich balck kid gets the $ while the poor white kid wors at McD's.

    I also think your second statement is part of the problem. I'm a white male and I'm no king. You are trying to make up for crap in the past by harming people that had nothing to do with any of it.

    the poor white kid was born with an advantage over the rich black kid.

    in the 50s, the black man had less of a chance to get rich. the white man had all the advantages.
  • onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    the poor white kid was born with an advantage over the rich black kid.

    in the 50s, the black man had less of a chance to get rich. the white man had all the advantages.

    50 years ago was a long time. why not piss and moan over what happened a few hundred years ago. crying over the past keeps us from solving the problems of the present. we shouldn't forget what happened but why cry over it. put the past behind you and move forward.
    i'm willing to bet you weren't even alive in the 50's so what's your problem with it?
    www.eatwild.com
    if guns kill people; then pencils cause mispelling
    i'm trying to think but nothing happens- jerome howard
    revenge is sweet without being fattening
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 9,055
    50 years ago was a long time. why not piss and moan over what happened a few hundred years ago. crying over the past keeps us from solving the problems of the present. we shouldn't forget what happened but why cry over it. put the past behind you and move forward.
    i'm willing to bet you weren't even alive in the 50's so what's your problem with it?

    my problem is I hate injustice, and its not always easy for those involved to forgive and forget.

    Much of my family perished in the Nazi Holocaust.....my generation of the family all have good lives, we have moved forward, but we will never put the past behind us.
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Just like the Crusades of 1600's happened too>?

    I don't think so, but possibly. Depends on how you define "Crusades" the War on Terror is commonly considered to be a "Crusade" called "the Tenth Crusade"

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenth_Crusade
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Ahnimus wrote:
    I don't think so, but possibly. Depends on how you define "Crusades" the War on Terror is commonly considered to be a "Crusade" called "the Tenth Crusade"

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenth_Crusade

    That is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.

    It is not "commonly considered" to be a crusade at all. That is total hogwash and cannot be proven at all. The article you cited says nothing but some dude's opinion and an artistic rendition of Bush as a Knight of the Templar.
    All I know is that to see, and not to speak, would be the great betrayal.
    -Enoch Powell
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    That is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.

    It is not "commonly considered" to be a crusade at all. That is total hogwash and cannot be proven at all. The article you cited says nothing but some dude's opinion and an artistic rendition of Bush as a Knight of the Templar.

    US President George W. Bush, from a press conference upon arrival at the South Lawn of the White House, September 16, 2001.
    "We need to go back to work tomorrow and we will. But we need to be alert to the fact that these evil-doers still exist. We haven't seen this kind of barbarism in a long period of time. No one could have conceivably imagined suicide bombers burrowing into our society and then emerging all in the same day to fly their aircraft — fly U.S. aircraft into buildings full of innocent people — and show no remorse. This is a new kind of — a new kind of evil. And we understand. And the American people are beginning to understand. This crusade, this war on terrorism is going to take a while. And the American people must be patient. I'm going to be patient. But I can assure the American people I am determined, I'm not going to be distracted, I will keep my focus to make sure that not only are these brought to justice, but anybody who's been associated will be brought to justice. Those who harbor terrorists will be brought to justice. It is time for us to win the first war of the 21st century decisively, so that our children and our grandchildren can live peacefully into the 21st century."

    US President George W. Bush, from a rally for the troops in Alaska, February 16, 2002.
    "I want to tell you something, we've got no better friends than Canada. (Applause.) They stand with us in this incredibly important crusade to defend freedom, this campaign to do what is right for our children and our grandchildren."

    Alexander Cockburn, "The Tenth Crusade," Counterpunch, September 7, 2002.
    "Islamic fanatics flew those planes a year ago and here we are with a terrifying alliance of Judaeo-Christian fanatics, conjoined in their dreams of the recovery of the Holy Lands of the West Bank, Judaea and Samaria. War on Terror? It's back to the late thirteenth century, picking up where Prince Edward left off with his ninth crusade after St Louis had died in Tunis with the word Jerusalem on his lips."

    James Pinkerton, "Century In, Century Out - It's Crusade Time," Newsday, December 4, 2003.
    "And now, in 2003, the Americans, the Twelfth Crusaders. The West is no longer 'Christendom,' but we, as first cousins to the Europeans, retain the old faith and bring new kinds of idealism, such as democracy and human rights. But the Crusader spirit is still there; it's still about bringing civilization and salvation of a backward people. As the born-again George W. Bush says, 'This is about good vs. evil.'"
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I don't think so, but possibly. Depends on how you define "Crusades" the War on Terror is commonly considered to be a "Crusade" called "the Tenth Crusade"

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenth_Crusade

    Being considered a crusade by a handfull of people does not equate to being commonly known.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    mammasan wrote:
    Being considered a crusade by a handfull of people does not equate to being commonly known.

    What definition are you using?

    belonging to or shared by two or more individuals or things or by all members of a group <a common friend> <buried in a common grave> b: belonging equally to two or more mathematical entities <triangles with a common base> c: having two or more branches <common carotid artery>
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Ahnimus wrote:
    What definition are you using?

    belonging to or shared by two or more individuals or things or by all members of a group <a common friend> <buried in a common grave> b: belonging equally to two or more mathematical entities <triangles with a common base> c: having two or more branches <common carotid artery>

    LAST TIME I CHECKED THE CRUSADES WAS A JESUS THING. NOT A GEORGE BUSH THING
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    LAST TIME I CHECKED THE CRUSADES WAS A JESUS THING. NOT A GEORGE BUSH THING

    Main Entry: 1cru·sade
    Pronunciation: \krü-ˈsād\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: blend of Middle French croisade & Spanish cruzada; both ultimately from Latin cruc-, crux cross
    Date: circa 1708
    1capitalized : any of the military expeditions undertaken by Christian powers in the 11th, 12th, and 13th centuries to win the Holy Land from the Muslims
    2: a remedial enterprise undertaken with zeal and enthusiasm

    2crusade
    Function: intransitive verb
    Inflected Form(s): cru·sad·ed; cru·sad·ing
    Date: 1732
    : to engage in a crusade
    — cru·sad·er noun
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    my problem is I hate injustice, and its not always easy for those involved to forgive and forget.

    Much of my family perished in the Nazi Holocaust.....my generation of the family all have good lives, we have moved forward, but we will never put the past behind us.

    most of my family was enslaved by hitler and forced to work in factories and on farms. they were killed towards the end of the war. what was left came to america as displaced people or DPs as we were called. we came here as poor dirt farmers and turned it all around.
    www.eatwild.com
    if guns kill people; then pencils cause mispelling
    i'm trying to think but nothing happens- jerome howard
    revenge is sweet without being fattening
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    most of my family was enslaved by hitler and forced to work in factories and on farms. they were killed towards the end of the war. what was left came to america as displaced people or DPs as we were called. we came here as poor dirt farmers and turned it all around.

    My family came from Germany and was killed by your family in the USA.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Ahnimus wrote:
    My family came from Germany and was killed by your family in the USA.
    Huh, The USA killed your family now? Hows that?
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Huh, The USA killed your family now? Hows that?

    American Revolution
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Huh, The USA killed your family now? Hows that?

    With the approach and close of the American Revolution in the thirteen colonies, the Mennonites found themselves persecuted by their refusal to partake in political events in North America. Again, their religious opposition to war and search for a peaceful and segregated existence, with little or no involvement with state, was affected by their uneasy years in North America.

    One example of the persecution faced by Mennonites was given in G. Elmore Reaman's book "The Trail of the Black Walnut" and Thomas A. Sherk's book "The Sherk Family" that:

    "Sherk is a well-known name in the Niagara Peninsula. The original settler who spelled his name Schorg came from Lancaster County, in Pennsylvania in 1789, the revolutionists having burned his home because he sympathized with the British and harboured their officers."

    Thomas Sherk clarified the point that this particular Sherk was Casper Sherk (Code H44), the son of my ancestral Grandfather Joseph Scherch (Code H4) whom I had described earlier. This is but one example of the many possible persecutions that may have existed at that time, which resulted in the migration of some Mennonites who had been loyal to the British crown, and to Upper Canada. Their loyalty was a result of the crown helping them to immigrate from Europe and settle in the colonies in earlier years.

    Dude, I've got like a complete history of my family right here on CD. With lots of historical references.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melungeon

    few seem to know about them

    On the other hand, several Melungeon men were tried in Hawkins County, Tennessee, in 1846 for "illegal voting." They were acquitted, presumably by demonstrating to the court's satisfaction that they had no African ancestry. Melungeon ancestry was questioned again in an 1872 trial in Hamilton County, Tennessee. This case questioned the legitimacy of a marriage between a white man and a Melungeon woman, and once again a court decided that the Melungeons were not of African ancestry.[24]

    lol
  • Ahnimus wrote:
    With the approach and close of the American Revolution in the thirteen colonies, the Mennonites found themselves persecuted by their refusal to partake in political events in North America. Again, their religious opposition to war and search for a peaceful and segregated existence, with little or no involvement with state, was affected by their uneasy years in North America.

    One example of the persecution faced by Mennonites was given in G. Elmore Reaman's book "The Trail of the Black Walnut" and Thomas A. Sherk's book "The Sherk Family" that:

    "Sherk is a well-known name in the Niagara Peninsula. The original settler who spelled his name Schorg came from Lancaster County, in Pennsylvania in 1789, the revolutionists having burned his home because he sympathized with the British and harboured their officers."

    Thomas Sherk clarified the point that this particular Sherk was Casper Sherk (Code H44), the son of my ancestral Grandfather Joseph Scherch (Code H4) whom I had described earlier. This is but one example of the many possible persecutions that may have existed at that time, which resulted in the migration of some Mennonites who had been loyal to the British crown, and to Upper Canada. Their loyalty was a result of the crown helping them to immigrate from Europe and settle in the colonies in earlier years.

    Dude, I've got like a complete history of my family right here on CD. With lots of historical references.

    So your family were royalists....Many English who were loyal to the crown migrated to Canada because of their nationalism, not their religion. Thats not to say the issues werent relgious in the case of your family. Youd know more than I on that subject...
  • do you have a television? haven't you seen the mexican marches waving the mexican flag; or the cuban marches waving the cuban flag? what about gay pride marches and black marches? are these not groups? do they not promote their ideals? what about groups like the naacp? where have you been?

    Sorry, I'm from the UK so I don't get to see all that stuff.
  • korbykorby Posts: 298
    I drive by a "community" . I am a trucker and pass by this place i recently discovered is a supremist commune.

    middle of nowhere

    its in NE washington state , north of Colville Wa, south of Rossland BC, CA.

    scary!!!
    its ok
Sign In or Register to comment.