Options

White Supremacist groups on the rise in U.S.

Comments

• Options
    miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,452
    as i recall; the land was given to us. after thousands of mexicans slaughtered 200 trapped americans; houston was given territory.

Then we kicked their ass
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
  • Options
    onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    RainDog wrote:
    So, considering our inability to "secure" our boarders - and considering the rather flippant ways we like to use the word "war" - if the unwashed masses from Illegal Immigrant Land take over our nation by sheer numbers in this war on our sovereignty, well - that's the rules?

Just looking for clarification is all.

now that the KKK will be patroling the borders on their own; i think they'll be secure.
  • Options
    RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,831
    miller8966 wrote:
    Doesnt matter what kind. We dont ask for a kind of black do we?
    Most American blacks are from families that were taken from their countries, stripped of their cultures, and forced into servitude. Most probably don't know what area of Africa their ancestors come from.

Most whites in this country have a fairly strong European cultural streak - be it Irish (St. Patrick's Day), German (Ocktoberfest), French (Mardi Gras, baby), etc.

All I'm saying is there are plenty of "white pride" days. Take your pick.
  • Options
    I'm in a group at college called the European American Students Association.

What's wrong with that?

You know what's wrong with it?

European Americans have pretty much done everything to make this country great. Sure, there have been others, but Europeans did mostly everything great. The majority CANNOT be proud of what it has done today in America or else they will be labeled as racists.

I'm not a racist, but I would be labeled as such if I were to be openly proud of "my people's" contribution to America.

my white family started businesses accross the us and employ thousands. we get together and celebrate our polish ancestery. does that make us white supremacists?
  • Options
    RainDog wrote:
    Most American blacks are from families that were taken from their countries, stripped of their cultures, and forced into servitude. Most probably don't know what area of Africa their ancestors come from.

Most whites in this country have a fairly strong European cultural streak - be it Irish (St. Patrick's Day), German (Ocktoberfest), French (Mardi Gras, baby), etc.

as i recall; blacks were offered a free ticket back to africa. i guess they didn't want to go back and starve.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087
    RainDog wrote:

That is a very good point. However those aren't really 'White Pride' days, just like an event celebrating African culture wouldn't be a 'Black Pride' event.

But, for example, the 'Black Family Reunion' that happens annually in Cincinnati brings everyone...er...I mean the black community together to rejoice in their being black, not in the culture of their heritage. I'm sure there is some of that there, but it's not the focus.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    as i recall; blacks were offered a free ticket back to africa. i guess they didn't want to go back and starve.
    I don't get where you're going with this. For one, some did go back. Most, though, probably didn't want to go somewhere where they had no known connection through either culture or language. Hell, considering the level of education given to slaves at the time, many probably didn't even know what Africa was all about.

Besides, at the time, I believe Africa was lousy with white people all trying to run the place. Would that have really been any better?
  • Options
    That is a very good point. However those aren't really 'White Pride' days, just like an event celebrating African culture wouldn't be a 'Black Pride' event.

But, for example, the 'Black Family Reunion' that happens annually in Cincinnati brings everyone...er...I mean the black community together to rejoice in their being black, not in the culture of their heritage. I'm sure there is some of that there, but it's not the focus.
    That's what I'm getting at - they rejoice in their being black because that's what they have, their "blackness." Most don't have ties to any specific African culture.

And I've been to enough St. Patrick's Day celebrations to know that, while not "White" Pride per se, there's quite a bit of Irish Pride going on.
  • Options
    miller8966 wrote:
    I think its stupid when jewish people get certain holidays off.
    No more stupid than getting time off to celebrate the alleged birth of a Jewish Rabbi Jesus by opening gifts from an imaginary fat man who delivers gifts by reindeer.
  • Options
    RainDog wrote:
    That's what I'm getting at - they rejoice in their being black because that's what they have, their "blackness." Most don't have ties to any specific African culture.

And I've been to enough St. Patrick's Day celebrations to know that, while not "White" Pride per se, there's quite a bit of Irish Pride going on.

Here's another difference...on St. Patty's it doesn't matter if your Irish...you can still celebrate...at the 'Balck Family Reunion' it's a bit different. That Irish pride you see is probably coming from someone of German heritage.

There is no way someone can effectively argue that slavery was ok or that offering tickets back to Africa wipes the slate clean or that racism doesn't exist...but the only way we get past that is if we stop making acknowledging race as big of a deal as it is today. Stop grouping up based on race, any race. Stop using race as criteria for a job or college admittence, etc. Just my $0.02.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Why don't you get a life instead of making inflamatory comments designed to get a rise out of people?

Did mom/dad not give you enough hugs as a child?

Did some white supremicist group welcome you with open arms when the rest of the world rejected you?

How did you get to be such a hate-monger?

To Millers credit I dont think he's a hate monger. I think the comment was directed at me, not jews.
  • Options
    Nah, we took the land fair and square. That's what happens when you have more power. You win the wars and the weak people lose the wars.

That's the rules.

Unless youre Israel. In which case, according to this board, you are just Nazis.
  • Options
    miller8966 wrote:
    Im not getting a rise out of people. Im just making a point; the point being that im white and want to celebrate my heritage.

My mom gave me plenty of hugs.

Well Im White. But I dont identify myself as being a White American. We are European, largely, and therefore celebrate our cultural heritage. That makes a whole lot more sense. Im all for St Patricks Day for Irish. Cinco De Mayo, and all other days in which I get to drink beer in celebration of someone else's background.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Yay, another bunk thread.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,423
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Yay, another bunk thread.

Ahnimus to the rescue!

Where ya been, my combative friend?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Ahnimus to the rescue!

Where ya been, my combative friend?

Doing...things...

There is supremacy in all races. There is social class supremacy as well. You know jocks are better than nerds. But also "All white people are plantation masters" is a stab at whites from the perspective of a black supremist whom you can see on Youtube.

Hate is on the rise, or is it? Damn, what's the ADL been doing?
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Here's another difference...on St. Patty's it doesn't matter if your Irish...you can still celebrate...at the 'Balck Family Reunion' it's a bit different. That Irish pride you see is probably coming from someone of German heritage.
    That's true now, but it wasn't always. The Irish were pretty oppressed back in the day, if I remember my history correctly; and it was a long while before any "intermixing" occured. The same goes with many other whites - hence cities having areas like Germantown, Little Italy, etc.
    There is no way someone can effectively argue that slavery was ok or that offering tickets back to Africa wipes the slate clean or that racism doesn't exist...but the only way we get past that is if we stop making acknowledging race as big of a deal as it is today. Stop grouping up based on race, any race. Stop using race as criteria for a job or college admittence, etc. Just my $0.02.
    I agree that that stuff should stop ... when it's time. I don't think it is right now. Integration between whites and blacks is a good deal more recent than the integration between different white cultures. And, the animosity between whites and blacks runs a little deeper.

Take World War II for example. These days a young American and a young German can sit down together over a beer and kinda joke about it - like, say, "remember that time we totally kicked your ass."

There would be a completely different conotation if a young white man and a young black man had a few drinks and the white guy said, "hey, remember that time when we owned you." The same could be said if the table was being shared by a German and a Jew.
  • Options
    RainDog wrote:
    That's true now, but it wasn't always. The Irish were pretty oppressed back in the day, if I remember my history correctly; and it was a long while before any "intermixing" occured. The same goes with many other whites - hence cities having areas like Germantown, Little Italy, etc.

I agree that that stuff should stop ... when it's time. I don't think it is right now. Integration between whites and blacks is a good deal more recent than the integration between different white cultures. And, the animosity between whites and blacks runs a little deeper.

Take World War II for example. These days a young American and a young German can sit down together over a beer and kinda joke about it - like, say, "remember that time we totally kicked your ass."

There would be a completely different conotation if a young white man and a young black man had a few drinks and the white guy said, "hey, remember that time when we owned you." The same could be said if the table was being shared by a German and a Jew.

Hey I'm Canadian. Remember that time we totally kicked your ass? No? It was 1812 we burned down your capital. Still don't remember? Well.. It was funny anyway.

/jokes
  • Options
    RainDog wrote:

Thanks for you thoughts on this. It's interesting being able to talk about it without being called a racist quickly. ;)

I like your examples about sitting down and talking...I guess since the war is over it can be done, but since blacks are still oppressed (there are plenty of racist people out there) they can't joke about it. Maybe your right about needing more time before doing away with some things...but I will still ascertain that Afirmitive Action is counter-productive because it is elongating the time frame to where we get ot the point you mention above because it is using color as the sole means for something. It's creating animosity where it wouldn't otherwise exist in some cases.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    RainDog wrote:
    I don't get where you're going with this. For one, some did go back. Most, though, probably didn't want to go somewhere where they had no known connection through either culture or language. Hell, considering the level of education given to slaves at the time, many probably didn't even know what Africa was all about.

Besides, at the time, I believe Africa was lousy with white people all trying to run the place. Would that have really been any better?

they are better off here. with affirmative action giving them the advantage and all the black scholorships and grants for minorities only they've got it made if they want to work. then there's welfare for those who don't. oprah is the most well known racist of the time but no one can say that out loud. as long as there's a double standard where minorities get special treatment there will be hate.
  • Options
    cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    they are better off here. with affirmative action giving them the advantage and all the black scholorships and grants for minorities only they've got it made if they want to work. then there's welfare for those who don't. oprah is the most well known racist of the time but no one can say that out loud. as long as there's a double standard where minorities get special treatment there will be hate.

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO! PLAY SOME SKYNARD!!!!!!!!
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    i honestly cannot believe the racism that exists on this board. i'm actually speechless. As much as i am tempted to let it all hang out right now, i think its about time for a little break. The past few days have been about as much as i can take. i'm losing my general respect for the Pearl Jam fanbase by reading some of this shit. i'll see ya in a few weeks.

*hangs head in disappointment*
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    cornnifer wrote:
    i honestly cannot believe the racism that exists on this board. i'm actually speechless. As much as i am tempted to let it all hang out right now, i think its about time for a little break. The past few days have been about as much as i can take. i'm losing my general respect for the Pearl Jam fanbase by reading some of this shit. i'll see ya in a few weeks.

*hangs head in disappointment*

Did I miss something?
  • Options
    Thanks for you thoughts on this. It's interesting being able to talk about it without being called a racist quickly. ;)

I like your examples about sitting down and talking...I guess since the war is over it can be done, but since blacks are still oppressed (there are plenty of racist people out there) they can't joke about it. Maybe your right about needing more time before doing away with some things...but I will still ascertain that Afirmitive Action is counter-productive because it is elongating the time frame to where we get ot the point you mention above because it is using color as the sole means for something. It's creating animosity where it wouldn't otherwise exist in some cases.

I don't believe that the fact that there are still racist means that blacks are being oppressed. That's racism. Oppression occurs at an organized, governmental level. That's just my opinion.

Totally agree with your affirmative action thoughts.
    "Sarcasm: intellect on the offensive"

"What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact."

Camden 5-28-06
    Washington, D.C. 6-22-08
  • Options
    I don't believe that the fact that there are still racist means that blacks are being oppressed. That's racism. Oppression occurs at an organized, governmental level. That's just my opinion.

Totally agree with your affirmative action thoughts.

Yeah, I can see that. It's tough for me to find the words to express exactly how I feel about this issue. Being white I cannot 100% understand what it means to be a black person in America.

I guess ot sum it up, I can see that there is still plenty of work to do in regards to race relations, and I feel that th epath we are currently taking is in direct opposition to our goal.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

Being someone who's considered white by appearance (though, since we're talking about race, I might as well let it out - I'm half Middle Eastern, half Euro-mutt, basically), I can't really speak from experience about what it's like for blacks in this country. I can only project myself into the idea and then think how I'd feel about the whole situation. One of those thoughts is that there's a bit more than oppression and racism causing the rift from the black perspective. Two people from different countries that a generation or two before had been at war with each other can sit down comfortably and rib each other over it. We met on the field of battle, one side won, there's some resentment over it, but it passes. Especially, I think, when you look at the fact that cultures of European decent have been doing this shit to each other for centuries. There's a difference, though, when one side was a victim of outright subjugation.

Think of it like this. People look back on their cultural history and do generally tend to identify with it on some level. Though my ancestors weren't here with the colonists, I am a white American, so I can look back on our history and identify with it. Liberal democracy, constitutional law, justice, and all the other good things we've worked out over the years - and all things based on Western thought. It can be uplifting. Now, again, I can only make assumptions here, but were I a black man, I wouldn't be as likely to see those aspects of it. Instead, I would see a history of servitude, fruitless labor, murder, destruction of families, and a very real sense that my ancestors, though I'll never know them, were commodities to be bought and sold. I would see a situation akin to owners and livestock, not men meeting on an even field of battle. I would also see that, though freed, my families were then subjected, for decades and more, to harsh oppression based solely on the fact that they were the descendents of slaves and therefore lower than other members of society. Were racism to vanish, right now, off the face of the earth, I would still have that sense that all this went terribly, terribly wrong. I'm sure I'd be less likely to have a sense of humor about this shit.

I guess what I'm saying in all this long-winded nonsense, is that there's a huge difference between:
    "Remember that time when we kicked your ass."
    and
    "Remember that time when we owned you."

So when I think about things like Affirmative Action, I don't really think of it as a fix in and of itself. I think of it more as a tool, and only one of many, to help fix this rift. There are so many other details we need to address (and if I knew what they all were and could lay them all out, I'd be a powerful man). I look forward to the day when we can get rid of it, but that's years away yet. As for the backlash against it, the charges of reverse racism, that's just a reality we're going to have to deal with - acceptable collateral damage, in my opinion
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Hey I'm Canadian. Remember that time we totally kicked your ass? No? It was 1812 we burned down your capital. Still don't remember? Well.. It was funny anyway.

/jokes
    Dude, I gotta give props where props is due. That was about the best anyone's ever gotten us.

But, like that opening kick-off in the Super Bowl - you pulled off one hell of a score, but we still beat ya.
  • Options
    http://www.americanpatrol.com/REFERENCE/JoseAngelGutierrezQuote.html

link that shows hes a mexican nazi

id say mexicans are bigger racists than whites
    most white rasicts hate their own kind and side with illegals

im part american indian so im not racist ,but thats how i see it and i dont like the kkk either or white liberals who want open borders
  • Options
    indians had slaves

blacks had slaves too

this is yer lesson for black "history"month

http://www.lwfaah.net/burton/slave_rv.htm

and indians in wa state made slaves out of other tribes -some were crushed as canoe rollers
  • Options

i'm sure you heard the story about when my daughter was in college in phoenix. out of a class of about 35; 5 or 6 were black; 2 were white; and the rest hispanics. one day all but the whites were taken out of class to another room and given $15,000 grants for being minorities. within a week; all those students were driving new cars. all except 1. she put that money towards her education.
    my daughter insisted on doing this on her own. she was driving an old beat up car and paying her own way through college so she appreciated it more. until that day she lived her life in the illusion that everyone was equal but the system taught her differently. she didn't become a racist that day (per say) but she realized that the white people need to stick together because the government was oppressing them.
    within 4 years of graduation she was head of her department at the hospital and when someone tries to play the race card with her she welcomes it and gives them both barrels. she's never lost yet because she had to work harder than all the minorities to get where she is. she learned what she had to do and documents everything. anyone who's played the race card with her has been fired because of her documentation.