Options

Hezbollah started this

miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,452
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
I cant believe it...they've brought all this damage and destruction against the people of lebanon. I truly feel sorry for the lebanese people but especially the israeli's...they never wanted this war until hezbollah had to engage the conflict

May hezbollah rot in hell for the destructon theyve caused
America...the greatest Country in the world.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Many Palestinians say they do not wish Shalit to be harmed, but they back the demand to free some of the 9,000 underage Palestinian prisoners, including infants, held by “Israel”.

"I think they should release the women and children and (for militants to) release the soldier. But without anything in return, they`ll kill him," said Saked Abu Kosh, a 30-year-old pharmacist in the southern town of Rafah.

The militants implied Monday that they would kill tank-gunner Cpl. Gilad Shalit, captured in combat if their demands weren`t met. “Israel”, however, rejected the ultimatum and insisted it would not negotiate with the militants.

After a 6 a.m. (11 p.m. EDT) deadline passed, a spokesman for the shadowy Army of Islam said the groups holding Shalit "have decided to freeze all contacts and close the files of this soldier."

"We will not give any information that will give the occupation good news or reassurance," said the spokesman, Abu Muthana. But, he added, "We will not kill the soldier, if he is still alive."

The previously unknown Army of Islam was among three groups that took part in the June 25 cross-border raid that killed two “Israeli” soldiers and abducted Shalit, 19. Two other groups, the military wing of the ruling Hamas party and the Hamas-linked Popular Resistance Committees, also claimed responsibility.

Since the abduction, the militants have called on “Israel” to release hundreds of under age prisoners in exchange for information about Shalit. The abductors have given no concrete information about the soldier`s condition, though “Israeli” officials believe he is alive.

“Israeli” Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has rejected any negotiations with the militants, and last week launched a ground invasion in the Gaza Strip aimed at pressuring the Hamas-led Palestinian government to secure the soldier`s release.

http://www.alghaliboun.net/english/_...070 517214667
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Many Palestinians say they do not wish Shalit to be harmed, but they back the demand to free some of the 9,000 underage Palestinian prisoners, including infants, held by “Israel”.

"I think they should release the women and children and (for militants to) release the soldier. But without anything in return, they`ll kill him," said Saked Abu Kosh, a 30-year-old pharmacist in the southern town of Rafah.

The militants implied Monday that they would kill tank-gunner Cpl. Gilad Shalit, captured in combat if their demands weren`t met. “Israel”, however, rejected the ultimatum and insisted it would not negotiate with the militants.

After a 6 a.m. (11 p.m. EDT) deadline passed, a spokesman for the shadowy Army of Islam said the groups holding Shalit "have decided to freeze all contacts and close the files of this soldier."

"We will not give any information that will give the occupation good news or reassurance," said the spokesman, Abu Muthana. But, he added, "We will not kill the soldier, if he is still alive."

The previously unknown Army of Islam was among three groups that took part in the June 25 cross-border raid that killed two “Israeli” soldiers and abducted Shalit, 19. Two other groups, the military wing of the ruling Hamas party and the Hamas-linked Popular Resistance Committees, also claimed responsibility.

Since the abduction, the militants have called on “Israel” to release hundreds of under age prisoners in exchange for information about Shalit. The abductors have given no concrete information about the soldier`s condition, though “Israeli” officials believe he is alive.

“Israeli” Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has rejected any negotiations with the militants, and last week launched a ground invasion in the Gaza Strip aimed at pressuring the Hamas-led Palestinian government to secure the soldier`s release.

We are putting quotes around "Israel", now? Alrighty.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

AN arab news site...yea ill trust that one.
  • Options
    We are putting quotes around "Israel", now? Alrighty.

Sorry those aren't my words. The text is taken from a pro-resistance website, the link is provided above.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Sorry those aren't my words. The text is taken from a pro-resistance website, the link is provided above.

lol a pro resistance website...lol and thats news to you that you think is legit? How bout i quote bill o reilly?
  • Options
    miller8966 wrote:
    I cant believe it...they've brought all this damage and destruction against the people of lebanon. I truly feel sorry for the lebanese people but especially the israeli's...they never wanted this war until hezbollah had to engage the conflict

That is an overly simplistic view of the situation. While I agree that Hezbollah's actions were essentially what caused Lebanon to get attacked, one can also argue that Israel did not need to bomb civilian areas in Beiret and other Lebanese cities in order to strike at Hezbollah. I feel that many of these civilian deaths were preventable. As tough as it is to do so, Isreal should have stuck with a ground offensive and used its airpower for tactical strikes on known Hezbollah positions. This is what is happening now, but its a bit too late for hundreds of Lebanese, and we can expect Hezbollah to go on a massive recruitment drive pretty quick, to replace the fighters that the IDF kills.
  • Options
    miller8966 wrote:
    AN arab news site...yea ill trust that one.

I am simply providing you with a motive. How can you believe that Hezbollah even exists for the purpose of "destroying Israel". Listen I know Hezbollah and Hamas have said Israel should be destroyed. You have to understand the angst in the region, people say all kinds of things when they are pissed off and don't know how to resolve a problem. What we are looking at here is the motive, from the mouth of the resistance. How can you believe as a decent human being that all these arabs are that inhumane? Have you ever been to the region? Do you know any arabs? They aren't violent people by "nature" they are distressed. What you see is the cause, in their words, they are telling you their motives and you discredit it because they said it.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

Gotcha ...
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I am simply providing you with a motive. How can you believe that Hezbollah even exists for the purpose of "destroying Israel". Listen I know Hezbollah and Hamas have said Israel should be destroyed. You have to understand the angst in the region, people say all kinds of things when they are pissed off and don't know how to resolve a problem. What we are looking at here is the motive, from the mouth of the resistance. How can you believe as a decent human being that all these arabs are that inhumane? Have you ever been to the region? Do you know any arabs? They aren't violent people by "nature" they are distressed. What you see is the cause, in their words, they are telling you their motives and you discredit it because they said it.

lol than why are they at war with practically everybody on this planet..from britain to india to america
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    Hezbollah continues to launch rockets, aimlessly, into Israel??????

WTF......why are they not launching at the Israeli troops that are within their borders?

Just a simple question, from a simpleton.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    miller8966 wrote:
    lol than why are they at war with practically everybody on this planet..from britain to india to america

Because those nations goals are not peace. FYI the only people Hezbollah are at war with is Israel. The United States is in solidarity with Israel and you can expect to see US military action soon. As it stands it's between Israel and Hezbollah. The United States is quick to call any arab faction a terrorist group. Throughout history the one nation that has caused the most suffering to the Arab world is the United States. Blair is just a buttboy to Bush, so you can clearly see the relationship there. The really sad part of all this is your logic and people like you.
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:

WTF......why are they not launching at the Israeli troops that are within their borders?

This is a terrorist organization who has no respect for human life at all....hopefully israel gets the job done
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:

Good question ... I think the answer probably gets right at the heart of Hezbollah's goals. A military or a militia would focus on fighting the invaders. A terrorist group would choose to kill civilians instead.
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:

They aren't precision rockets. They don't have the technology of the Israelis and the US. They are targetting military, however due to their rockets unsophisticated design they are indiscriminate. In contrast to Israel's precision strikes on civilian populations, I don't see that as atrocious.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    They aren't precision rockets. They don't have the technology of the Israelis and the US. They are targetting military, however due to their rockets unsophisticated design they are indiscriminate. In contrast to Israel's precision strikes on civilian populations, I don't see that as atrocious.
    i will always see it as atrocious when any organized group says "we want to fight them" and then runs to the nearest civilian and hides.

believe me..........i dislike this approach from all "radicals".

be safe.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Because those nations goals are not peace. FYI the only people Hezbollah are at war with is Israel. The United States is in solidarity with Israel and you can expect to see US military action soon. As it stands it's between Israel and Hezbollah. The United States is quick to call any arab faction a terrorist group. Throughout history the one nation that has caused the most suffering to the Arab world is the United States. Blair is just a buttboy to Bush, so you can clearly see the relationship there. The really sad part of all this is your logic and people like you.

THe problem is that the arab world is a world still living or wanting to live in the 7th century...Arabs fuck up all the time and whenever they do they can put the blame on the jews...its always been their scape goat.

Its like a drug addict who blames society for his problems but isnt man enough to stop doing drugs.
  • Options
    miller8966 wrote:
    THe problem is that the arab world is a world still living or wanting to live in the 7th century...Arabs fuck up all the time and whenever they do they can put the blame on the jews...its always been their scape goat.

Its like a drug addict who blames society for his problems but isnt man enough to stop doing drugs.

How did you come to that conclusion? Why don't you give me some explanation for your views and maybe provide some historical documentation to support your perspective. See, my perspective is backed by Arab and Western historical documentation and expert opinions.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    How did you come to that conclusion? Why don't you give me some explanation for your views and maybe provide some historical documentation to support your perspective. See, my perspective is backed by Arab and Western historical documentation and expert opinions.

Saudi arabias wahhabi doctrine of islam wants to bring the world back to the time of mohhamed. DO a little research on it...
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    From Wikipedia's article on Hezbollah:

Hezbollah (Arabic: حزب الله‎, meaning Party of God) is a Lebanese Shia Islamist group and political party, with a military arm and a civilian arm, founded in 1982 to fight the Israeli Defense Forces who occupied southern Lebanon until the year 2000 and are still occupying the disputed Shebaa Farms area in south Lebanon.

The United States, Britain and Israel consider Hezbollah a terrorist organization but throughout most of the Arab and Muslim worlds, Hezbollah is highly regarded as a legitimate resistance movement. [10]. The Lebanese government confirmed it as a legitimate resistance against occupation.[11] [12] Even 74 percent of Lebanese Christians viewed Hezbollah as a resistance organization.

By the way, the source for the stat that shows 74% of Lebanese Christians view Hezbollah as a resistance organization is the U.S. State Department!

• Options
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    From Wikipedia's article on Hezbollah:

Hezbollah (Arabic: ??? ?????, meaning Party of God) is a Lebanese Shia Islamist group and political party, with a military arm and a civilian arm, founded in 1982 to fight the Israeli Defense Forces who occupied southern Lebanon until the year 2000 and are still occupying the disputed Shebaa Farms area in south Lebanon.

The United States, Britain and Israel consider Hezbollah a terrorist organization but throughout most of the Arab and Muslim worlds, Hezbollah is highly regarded as a legitimate resistance movement. [10]. The Lebanese government confirmed it as a legitimate resistance against occupation.[11] [12] Even 74 percent of Lebanese Christians viewed Hezbollah as a resistance organization.

By the way, the source for the stat that shows 74% of Lebanese Christians view Hezbollah as a resistance organization is the U.S. State Department!

A resistence to what, though? Maybe at the time Israel invaded in 1982, this argument had some validity. Now, Hezbollah is a squatter in Lebanese territory. If indeed the Lebanese government was cool with Hezbollah before, I wonder if that view has changed any now?
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    miller8966 wrote:

Drug problems are harder to kick than you think.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    miller8966 wrote:

Miller, do you know what the current death toll is for both sides??

have a look at this site: fromisraeltolebanon.info

Israel started this shit, they started the whole conflict fifty years ago. Whilst I do not agree that Israel should be wiped off the map, a large proportion of its government and people should be locked away and punished for their persistent abuse of human rights.

Your use of the term "Arabs" offends me, please use "terrorists" instead.

And maybe balance your output, Fox news is not the most reliable of sources.
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    Ahnimus wrote:

FYI, they do have lots of rockets. I know. They are shooting at my home town and at the rest of northern Israel. the rockets are made in Syria and Iran and so far there isn't any technology who can shoot them down. They also have many other weapons made in Iran, such as UAV's, directed missiles etc'.

I really don't understand you. simple rockets or advanced ones - they are all designed to kill, and Hezbollah is only targeting them toward Israeli civilians.

*edit: Kenny Olav

Hezbollah was announced as a terror agroup by the UN, Canada, U.S, Britain, Australia and Israel. It is considered to be a 'militant group that is involved in acts of terror' within other western countries, so I don't really see your point.

The disputed place called Shebaa Farm is actually belongs to Syria (according the UN, Israel and Syria itself), not to Lebanon, and is mainly acts a an excuse for the Hezbollah to keep their military power. Note that this place wasn't even mentioned too much by the Hezbollah in the latest events.
  • Options
    Miller, do you know what the current death toll is for both sides??

have a look at this site: fromisraeltolebanon.info

Israel started this shit, they started the whole conflict fifty years ago. Whilst I do not agree that Israel should be wiped off the map, a large proportion of its government and people should be locked away and punished for their persistent abuse of human rights.

Your use of the term "Arabs" offends me, please use "terrorists" instead.

And maybe balance your output, Fox news is not the most reliable of sources.

Israel did not start this...the war was aggresion on the part of Hezbollah
  • Options
    denverfandenverfan Posts: 218
    ajedigecko wrote:

Wondering that myself? Instead of attacking the military they're attacking civi's.???
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

Whisky Drinker, Non-Hunter from Denver.
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    miller8966 wrote:

......that was our roving reporter, live on the scene, in the Middle East. Thank you, miller8966. Miller8966 has been in the Middle East for 70 years now and has been covering the conflict there, ever since Gene Simmons told him to hate Muslims. His contribution to our news broadcast is highly regarded and often the source of great laughter.

...and now a word from our sponsers.

" Are you having a not-so fresh day? "
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    i understand that the rockets are not precise. so if i were in the situation of using indiscriminate rockets if would aim at a close target. i most definitely would not aim at targets far away.

again. i am just a simpleton using simpleton logic.

be safe.
  • Options
    darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    who gives a fuck abuot blame? blaming people doesnt solve the problem. there needs to be a mutual unconditional ceasefire... innocents on both sides are being murdered.

something else that pissed me off.... bush said something along the lines of iran has been the main sponsor of hezbollah and so is bad etc etc.... irish americans have been the main sponsors of IRA terrorists that led a murderous campaign against civilians in britian for years.... does bush crack down on that? NO.... does the senate ratify an extrodition treaty that will allow the british govt to extrodite IRA murderers? NO.....so bush, get off your moral high horse and clean up your own back garden.

you know the day he vetoed the stem cell funding bill saying murder is wrong, he backed the isralies to murder more lebonease civilians... i guess if you are not american or jewish your life doesnt mean much...
  • Options
    miller8966 wrote:
    Saudi arabias wahhabi doctrine of islam wants to bring the world back to the time of mohhamed. DO a little research on it...

So... we are talking about Saudi Arabia now?

Listen, I don't condone violence, war is the most disgusting thing we've ever created. It's sickening that we focus on the technologies of criminal scientists while the ground-breaking discoveries of zero-point energy and wireless power remain locked away in vaults. This is all a cruel joke. We haven't the slightest chance of knowing the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Half of what is printed in the history books and at least half of what we think we know are lies. You can get a slice of truth from every corner of the world and it still won't make up the whole truth. The war of 1812 as it is referred to in Canadian history is called the American War in the United States. The war ran from 1812-1814, a relatively short war, I used it as a single example of selective truth. In American history it's taught that it was a revolutionary war against Britain for land sovereignty. In Canadian history it was when the US tried to invade Canada and we got help from the Brittish. The president of the United States declared to Canada "You are either with us or against us." and Canada went against. The US led a full-scale invasion into southern Ontario, the main battle point was London, Ontario. London still has military bases and military within the city. The threat of US invasion still exists. What we are dealing with are governments that are highly susceptible to corruption and populations that are highly subjected to lies and propaganda. During the Nazi reign of Germany the network of german media was nowhere near as vast as the United States. However Hitler following the principles of Himmler managed to gain the sympathy for war and motivated the populace into attempted world domination. Germany is not like that anymore, it went through a series of drastic changes. Germany now has several US military strongholds from which forces were mobilized to fight in Iraq. The United States practically dominates german television. Documents were found in germany that suggested Hitler's own men set fire to the reichstag, which was the main reason for war. We've seen throughout history countless incidents of "False Flag" operations, the government stages an attack and blames it on a foreign entity. As people, as pro-nation and pro-humanity, we have to look at every thing that happens seriously and with scrutiny. The Constitution and Bill of Rights in the United States of America is intended to restrict government and allow the people to hold the government responsible. Your right to bare arms is your right to defend yourself from a police state. I admire that about the USA, Canada takes a much more "humanitarian" approach, but I argue, guns don't kill people, people kill people and they will use a pencil if they are serious about doing it. For the sake of scrutiny and liberty you must look at all sides of the story, look at what Hezbollah is saying, look at what Israel is saying, look at their history together. Place yourself in the shoes of both parties and try to get a feeling for their grief. O'reilly used this analogy "imagine mexicans have rockets pointed at you" fair enough, imagine that, that would suck and they probably do. With 90% certainty I can tell you Russia has nuclear warheads aimed at you and you have nukes aimed at Russia. Imagine illegal immigrants enter your country and continue to grow in a specified region, after a few years they declare themselves independant, taking a large chunk of the United States. You take up arms and attempt to drive them out, but they are too strong, they push the battle back onto your land. After the war is over, the land is theirs and the United Nations says it is. Over the next 45 years they continue to expand and gain pieces of your land, destroying your homes and colonizing in their place. At some point you realize that all you have left is a small chunk of land that you must share with millions of other people, under the rule of a foreign entity, living in poverty, struggling to survive. How would you react? How does the story end? Historically, speaking of native indians in North America, you lose, they take over, dominating you, you hope they don't completely destroy you and in the very best case, you get reperations for the damage. So yes, it does suck to have missiles aimed at you, it sucks from all perspectives. "Hezbollah attacked first" is not the root cause, it's not even a speck of truth. "Hezbollah are terrorists" not even close, criminals?, yes, but not terrorists. No more terrorists than Israel or the United States.

Anyway, I can't talk about it anymore right now. It's just disgusting how this conflict is perceived. It's a damn shame to call ourselves sophisticated or humane. People like to feel big, bigger than others, as countries I see this all the time. America: We are strong, we are free, we are generous, Canada: We are peaceful, we bring aid, we keep the peace. Americans tend to pride themselves on their wealth as a country, their military power and hollywood. Canadians pride themselves on peaceful superiority, and constantly bash the United States to make themselves bigger. The same thing happens in society, people talk negatively behind coworkers backs, lie, cheat and steal to keep up with the Jones'. This is our reality, that we have to come to grips with first, to be able to understand someone else.