Options

Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    "Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live as well as think."-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I love Ralphy
  • Options
    poet.png

--Ralphy
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein (1879-1955
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    "Some cause happiness wherever they go;... others, whenever they go...."

- Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    mikalina wrote:
    I will not carry a gun.... I'll carry your books, I'll carry a torch, I'll carry a tune,
    I'll carry on, carry over, carry forward, Cary Grant, cash and carry, carry me back to Old Virginia,
    I'll even hari-kari if you show me how, but I will not carry a gun!....

~Hawkeye, M*A*S*H, "Officer of the Day"

I saw this one too and loved it but I chose the latter one you quoted of me. :D

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    "So pardon all the cheesy wigger
    Pimp is feelin' crazy
    Daisy dukes
    My kryptonite, Im fumblin'
    My pimpin' hand gone limp an'
    I'm a trippin' plain and simple
    All the po po's, wolves and dogs are Closing in"
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. ~ William Penn
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    mikalina wrote:
    I will not carry a gun.... I'll carry your books, I'll carry a torch, I'll carry a tune,
    I'll carry on, carry over, carry forward, Cary Grant, cash and carry, carry me back to Old Virginia,
    I'll even hari-kari if you show me how, but I will not carry a gun!....

~Hawkeye, M*A*S*H, "Officer of the Day"

I saw this one too and loved it but I chose the latter one you quoted of me. :D

peace

I remembered watching this episode and it cracked me up back then & I still smile at those words now.
  • Options
    "Spreading your love from the tip of a sword
    Echoing the reason that poisons you
    Thinking you know what's good for us all
    I wish I could reach out...

To silence you

But I'm a waste in your eyes.
    You say you don't need me to save you tonight.
    But I need to save you tonight."
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    “Awareness is experiencing from moment to moment. Reason acts quickly in awareness, a thousand times faster than thought, and you do not even notice it is operating. ”

Barry Long
  • Options
    "whatever their politics , the ones who criticize the gov and its actions are the real patriots any way. They are acting as the founders had hoped we would."-mickeyrat
  • Options
    "Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.”

Dalai Lama
  • Options
    "Crotchless pants man...part of my religoun. :lol: I'm taking it all on. Someone wants to change Disney becasue they want to wear a headress...fuck that! I'm taking the enitre Western World on. Crotchless pants for every man! It's part of my religoun. :lol: You want to keep my junk covered pay me bitches!! :lol:"-David
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    "The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy
    is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet,
    alone with the heavens, nature and God.
    Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be."

Anne Frank
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Such irony in her quote.

It was an overwhelming experience to walk through that home years ago.

(I just tried to write more about it, but it's one of those things I'm unable to express in a way to do it justice)

On a completely unrelated note -

"Standing ovations have become far too commonplace. What we need are ovations where the audience members all punch and kick one another." - George Carlin
  • Options
    "At the age of six I wanted to be a cook. At seven I wanted to be Napoleon. And my ambition has been growing steadily ever since."-Salvador Dali
  • Options
    "At the age of six I wanted to be a cook. At seven I wanted to be Napoleon. And my ambition has been growing steadily ever since."-Salvador Dali
    Best moustache ever.
    (his work wasn't too shabby, either)
    salvador-dali.jpg
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:
    Best moustache ever.
    salvador-dali.jpg

thats some mustache.... :)
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:
    Best moustache ever.
    salvador-dali.jpg

That was fast! :lol::mrgreen:
  • Options
    :mrgreen:
    meh.ro7269-455x351.jpg
    - B. Bunny
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:
    :mrgreen:
    meh.ro7269-455x351.jpg
    - B. Bunny

:wave:
  • Options
    "To sum it all up, I must say that I regret nothing."-Adolf Eichmann :twisted:
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    ‎"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him......Bruce Lee

A man whose thoughts were way past his years here on earth.

fof4.jpg

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.

Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.

.....Bruce Lee

Peace

• Options
    "To sum it all up, I must say that I regret nothing."-Adolf Eichmann :twisted:

bfa3b736.gif

--Chicken
  • Options
    I love this thread.
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him......Bruce Lee

A man whose thoughts were way past his years here on earth.

fof4.jpg

Peace

Thanks for sharing this one....
  • Options
    Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.

Dalai Lama
  • Options
    "So much for a blind obedience to a blundering oracle, throwing stones over their heads behind them, and not seeing where they fell"
    -thoreau