Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    "Timothy Leary's dead.
    No, no, no, no, He's outside looking in.
    Timothy Leary's dead.
    No, no, no, no, He's outside looking in.
    He'll fly his astral plane,
    Takes you trips around the bay,
    Brings you back the same day,
    Timothy Leary. Timothy Leary.

Along the coast you'll hear them boast
    About a light they say that shines so clear.
    So raise your glass, we'll drink a toast
    To the little man who sells you thrills along the pier.

He'll take you up, he'll bring you down,
    He'll plant your feet back firmly on the ground.
    He flies so high, he swoops so low,
    He knows exactly which way he's gonna go.
    Timothy Leary. Timothy Leary."
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    "I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear." - Nelson Mandela
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    CBG, I like that quote too.

(I came, I saw, and am STILL trying to conquer some of those fuckers)

Paul - the Blues? I used to have a double cassette of their best hits :mrgreen:
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    “All I wanted was a little piece of life, to be married, to have children.... I was trying my damndest to lead a conventional life, for that was how I was brought up, and it was what my husband wanted of me.
    But one can't build little white picket fences to keep the nightmares out.”

― Anne Sexton
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    hedonist wrote:

me too...but that's what makes life interesting...it's all about growth, change...might as well enjoy the ride :)

"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world." - Harriet Tubman

"I have the choice of being constantly active and happy or introspectively passive and sad.
    Or I can go mad by ricocheting in between..."

- Sylvia Plath,
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    "Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it.
    I want to become acutely aware of all I've taken for granted....."

- Sylvia Plath
    We especially need imagination in science.
    It is not all mathematics, nor all logic, but it is somewhat beauty and poetry...

Maria Montessori
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    mikalina wrote:
    "I have the choice of being constantly active and happy or introspectively passive and sad.

- Sylvia Plath,
    It's the "either-or" thing that gets me. Life combines it all.

Too bad she took a different path, couldn't see beyond the choices she laid upon herself.

On this glorious morning, I'm right here -

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
    hedonist wrote:
    mikalina wrote:

- Sylvia Plath,
    It's the "either-or" thing that gets me. Life combines it all.

Too bad she took a different path, couldn't see beyond the choices she laid upon herself.

On this glorious morning, I'm right here -

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."

Thanks for sharing the above... I've been reading Sylvia's poems/quotes and about her short lived life. What a shame that you feel so depressed that living is too difficult and commiting suicide is a better option.

She killed herself in her early 30's and at a time where medical advancement is not where it is now. Electroshock therapy :shock:
  • hedonist wrote:

Paul - the Blues? I used to have a double cassette of their best hits :mrgreen:

Awesome!! I love spinning In Search of the Lost Chord. 8-)8-)
  • “They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself” - Andy Warhol

• “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • "Knowledge will give you power, but character respect." - Bruce Lee

• "I have come curiously close to the end, down. Beneath my self-indulgent pitiful hole... defeated, I... concede, and... move closer. I may find comfort here... how pitiful.

It's calling me...

And in my darkest moment, fetal and weeping... the moon tells me a secret, my confidant. As full and bright as I am... this light is not my own and.. a million light reflections pass over me...

Its source is bright and endless, she.... resuscitates the hopeless... without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting... and as I pull my head ou,t I am without one doubt... don't want to be down here, feeding my narcissism, I... must crucify the ego, before it's far too late... I pray the light lifts me out...

Before I pine away...

So crucify the ego, before it's far too late... to leave behind this place so... negative and blind and cynical. And you will come to find, that we are all one mind... capable of all that's... imagined and all conceivable. Just let the light touch you, and let the words spill through... and let them pass right through... bringing out our hope and reason...

Before we pine away..."

I can't get over this beautiful piece of poetry... in a rut... deep and dark... "How pitiful" Being self centered, egotistical, self-loathing, narcissistic... then the being reflects upon life and attempts to change it while staring at the moon... apparently it speaks to him/her.

Very spiritual and perfect.... describes a good meditation... I think Buddha himself would be impressed!
  • “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
  • "Go back to bed, America, your government has figured out how it all transpired, go back to bed America, your government is in control again. Here, here's American Gladiators, watch this, shut up, go back to bed America, here is American Gladiators, here is 56 channels of it, watch these pituitary retards bang their fucking skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. Here you go America—you are free to do as we tell you! You are free to do as we tell you!"-Bill Hicks
  • "They lie about marijuana: 'Marijuana makes you unmotivated.' Lie. When you're high, you can do anything you normally do just as well. You just realize it's not worth the fucking effort. There's a difference."-Bill Hicks

“If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CDs and burn them. Cause you know what? The musicians that made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years? Real fucking high on drugs. The Beatles were so fuckin' high they let Ringo sing a few songs."-Bill Hicks

"Here's another idea that should be punctured, the idea that childbirth is a miracle. I don't know who started this rumor but it's not a miracle. No more a miracle than eating food and a turd coming out of your butt. It's a chemical reaction and a biological reaction. You want to know a miracle? A miracle is raising a kid that doesn't talk in a fucking movie theater . . . I'll go you one further, and this is the routine that has virtually ended my career in America. If you have children here tonight—and I assume some of you do—I am sorry to tell you this. They are not special. I'll let that sink in. Don't get me wrong, folks. I know you think they're special. You think that. I'm telling you—they're not. Did you know that every time a guy comes, he comes 200 million sperm? Did you know that? And you mean to tell me you think your child is special? Because one out of 200 million sperm connected . . . that load? Gee, what are the fucking odds? Do you know what that means? I have wiped entire civilizations off of my chest, with a grey gym sock. That is special. Entire nations have flaked and crusted in the hair around my navel. That is special. And I want you to think about that, you two-egg-carrying beings out there with that holier-than-thou, we-have-the-gift-of-life attitude. I have tossed universes, in my underpants, while napping. That is special."-Bill Hicks
    "Human beings by nature want happiness and do not want suffering. With that
    feeling everyone tries to achieve happiness and tries to get rid of suffering, and everyone has the basic right to do this. In this way, all here are the same, whether rich or poor, educated or uneducated, Easterner or Westerner, believer or non-believer, and within believers whether Buddhist, Christian, Jewish, Muslim, and so on. Basically, from the viewpoint of real human value we are all the same."

Dalai Lama
  • "When the Japanese mend broken objects, they aggrandize the damage by filling the cracks with gold. They believe that when something's suffered damage and has a history it becomes more beautiful." - Barbara Bloom

Part of being a winner is in knowing when enough is enough.
    Sometimes you have to give up the fight and walk away,
    and move on to something that's more productive.....

~ Donald Trump.
  • "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise. "
    Robert Fritz
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    fuck you i wont do what you tell me - RATM
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Mae West had some awesome quotes-

I wrote the story myself. It's about a girl who lost her reputation and never missed it.”

― Mae West
    Her quotes just crack me up - way ahead of her times....

“Good sex is like good bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.”

― Mae West
  • "Don't run the time approaches
    Hotels and midnight coaches
    Be sure to hide the roaches"

:mrgreen:
    what do you think an artist is? an imbecile who has only eyes, if he is a painter or ears if he is a musician, or a lyre in every chamber of his heart if he is a poet, or even, if he is a boxer, just his muscles? far from it: at the same time, he is also a political being, constantly aware of the heartbreaking, passionate, or delightful things that happen in the world, shaping himself completely in their image. how could it be possible to feel no interest in other people, and with a cool indifference to detach yourself from the very life which they bring to you so abundantly? no, painting is not done to decorate apartments. it is an instrument of war

- pablo picasso
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    while i was a junkie i learned to ski and made exile on main street
    - keith richards
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • "What the fuck is a honey boo boo???"
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    If man makes it, don't eat it.

You've got to satisfy you. If you can't satisfy you, you're a failure.

The only way you can hurt your body is if you don't use it.

Look, are you a suckling calf? Name one creature on earth that uses milk after it's weaned. Man's the only one. And man's the only one who lives out only half his life span. A cow has four stomachs. You don't. You can't handle whole milk.

If you want to change somebody, don't preach to him. Set an example
    and shut up.

Scales lie! You lose thirty pounds of muscle and you gain thirty pounds of fat and you weigh the same, right? Take that tape measure out. That won't lie. Your waistline is your lifeline. It should be the same as it was when you were a young person.

If you lose a couple of inches off your stomach, your business down there will look an inch longer.

Sex is giving, giving, giving. The more energy you have, the more you're going to please.

Show me the guy who doesn't get nervous in front of a crowd and I'll show you a lousy speaker.

Would you get your dog up every day, give him a cup of coffee, a doughnut, and a cigarette? Hell, no. You'd kill the damn dog.

Go on, have a glass of wine with dinner. What is wine, anyway? Pure grapes. A glass of wine is much better for you than a Coke.

Any stupid person can die. Dying's easy. Living's a pain in the butt.

....Jack LaLanne

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)