Options

Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Few things in life are as luscious as a good kiss.

On a related note, I'm happily reminded of this lyric:

"the fundamental things apply, as time goes by"
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    "We survive what we can't change
    So let it fade
    Just let it go
    We pretend so nothing does change
    We're flowers never breaking through the stone."-Billy Howerdel
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    "Always remember that the future comes one day at a time."

Dean Acheson
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    “Outer beauty attracts, but inner beauty captivates.”

― Kate Angell,
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    “I love the solitude of reading. I love the deep dive into someone else's story, the delicious ache of a last page.”

― Naomi Shihab Nye
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    "Cliches about supporting the troops are designed to distract from failed policies, policies promoted by powerful special interests that benefit from war, anything to steer the discussion away from the real reasons the war in Iraq will not end anytime soon."
  • Options
    "A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself."

Joseph Campbell
  • Options
    "There is only one difference between a madman and me. I am not mad." — Salvador Dali
  • Options
    "Swayin' to the rhythm of the new world order and...
    counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums."
  • Options
    mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353
    "Why should you go to jail for a crime that someone else noticed?"

- Bob Loblaw
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options
    “I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge - myth is more potent than history - dreams are more powerful than facts - hope always triumphs over experience -
    laughter is the cure for grief - love is stronger than death”

Robert Fulghum
  • Options
    "America must not ignore the threat gathering against us. Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof, the smoking gun that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud." - George W. Bush

:roll:
  • Options
    533746_320221951373126_148338038561519_844164_1843575692_n.jpg
  • Options
    “You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
    ― Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    "the theme of the party is the industrial age ..... you showed up dressed like a trainwreck"
    - Craig Finn
  • Options
    From one of my favorite Georges (Orwell, that is):

Early in life I had noticed that no event is ever correctly reported in a newspaper.

In our age there is no such thing as keeping out of politics. All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia.

Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed: everything else is public relations.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.

At fifty everyone has the face he deserves.
  • Options
    These bring back some wonderful memories for me...

“You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.”

“Pay attention to where you are going because without meaning you might get nowhere.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options
    Give away the stone. Let the oceans take and transmutate this cold and fated anchor.
    Give away the stone. Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold.

LET GO.
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    ....the belief that if you encourage the good in people, if you appeal to their sense of virtue, they'll respond. In contrast, a society that has lower expectations - a community that assumes people will do the wrong thing unless it is expressly prohibited - relies on prohibition and punishment.

- T.R. Reid via Confucius.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.....

Buddha
  • Options
    "Before our set this guy tries to intimidate me by showing me a gun in his jacket. I explained to him that if he pissed me off I’d start a riot."-MJK
  • Options
    "Before our set this guy tries to intimidate me by showing me a gun in his jacket. I explained to him that if he pissed me off I’d start a riot."-MJK
    Fuck all those gun-toting hip gangster wannabes 8-)
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    "Shelter me from the powder and the finger. Cover me with the thought that pulled the trigger.
    Just think of me as one you'd never figured, Would fade away so young With so much left undone...
    Remember me to my love, I know I'll miss her."
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”

― Bob Marley
  • Options
    mikalina wrote:
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”

― Bob Marley

posted that one on FB about 2 weeks ago :)
  • Options
    "When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire"
  • Options
    "We always have urged people: Don't take LSD unless you are very well prepared, unless you are specifically prepared to go out of your mind. Don't take it unless you have someone that's very experienced with you to guide you through it. And don't take it unless you are ready to have your perspective on yourself and your life radically changed, because you're gonna be a different person, and you should be ready to face this possibility."-Timothy Leary
  • Options
    "Think for yourself and question authority."-Timothy Leary
  • Options
    "We always have urged people: Don't take LSD unless you are very well prepared, unless you are specifically prepared to go out of your mind. Don't take it unless you have someone that's very experienced with you to guide you through it. And don't take it unless you are ready to have your perspective on yourself and your life radically changed, because you're gonna be a different person, and you should be ready to face this possibility."-Timothy Leary
    Huh. Perhaps this is why I've never tried acid - not even mushrooms - and just stick to the green. I'm OK with losing control, but I feel the need to control how much control I let go of.

Ain't that a kicker :P
  • Options
    "in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
    -- Tom Waits