• Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    "No sense in being stupid 'lest you show it."

~My Dad..wise man that (I never realized) he was
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    "I haven't slept for 10 days ......because that is too much" - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    "I haven't slept for 10 days ......because that is too much" - Mitch Hedberg

i miss him! such a funny guy :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    “A little rebellion is a good thing. ”
    ― Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    hedonist wrote:
    Give away the stone. Let the oceans take and transmutate this cold and fated anchor.
    Give away the stone. Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold.

LET GO.

Wear The Grudge like a crown, of negativity. Calculate what we will, will not tolerate. Desperate to control, all and everything. Unable to forgive, your Scarlet Letterman... *Bam* *Bam* *Bam* *Bam* *Bam* *Bam* *Bam* *Bam* *Bam* *Bam*

From my favorite Tool album
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    hedonist wrote:
    "We always have urged people: Don't take LSD unless you are very well prepared, unless you are specifically prepared to go out of your mind. Don't take it unless you have someone that's very experienced with you to guide you through it. And don't take it unless you are ready to have your perspective on yourself and your life radically changed, because you're gonna be a different person, and you should be ready to face this possibility."-Timothy Leary
    Huh. Perhaps this is why I've never tried acid - not even mushrooms - and just stick to the green. I'm OK with losing control, but I feel the need to control how much control I let go of.

Ain't that a kicker :P

I had the pleasure of enjoying MJK and A Perfect Circle for my first trip. :P

Edit: You can usually control it... I've done acid once and mushrooms twice... Just try and keep it positive and don't try to stare at the same people or things for too long. Focus on light and stay calm... Depending on what/how much you do, know you can be pretty zoned out of reality for many hours. I do consider it to be a life changing experience if done properly and given correct results.
    Post edited by peacefrompaul on
  • Options
    "This body holding me reminds me of my
    own mortality.
    Embrace this moment. Remember, we
    are eternal,
    all this pain is an illusion."
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Wear The Grudge like a crown, of negativity. Calculate what we will, will not tolerate. Desperate to control, all and everything. Unable to forgive, your Scarlet Letterman... *Bam* *Bam* *Bam* *Bam* *Bam* *Bam* *Bam* *Bam* *Bam* *Bam*

Ahhh, me too...that and 10,000 Days.

You're the only one who can hold your head up high,
    Shake your fists at the gates saying:
    "I've come home now!
    Fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father.
    Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended.
    It's time now!
    My time now!
    Give me my, give me my wings!"

Gets me...every single time.
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:

Ahhh, me too...that and 10,000 Days.

You're the only one who can hold your head up high,
    Shake your fists at the gates saying:
    "I've come home now!
    Fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father.
    Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended.
    It's time now!
    My time now!
    Give me my, give me my wings!"

Gets me...every single time.

Wings For Marie/10,000 Days... Saddest Tool song ever
  • Options
    "Life's a bummer... when you're a hummer."
  • Options
    "So crucify the ego, before it's far too late
    To leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical,
    And you will come to find that we are all one mind
    Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.
    Just let the light touch you
    And let the words spill through
    And let them pass right through
    Bringing out our hope and reason
    Before we pine away."
  • Options
    "However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?"-Buddha

"It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell."-Buddha

"Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life."-Buddha

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth."-Buddha

"Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."-Buddha
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Buddha-Quotes-3.jpg
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.....

Dalai Lama
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    “Guns, she was reminded then, were not for girls. They were for boys. They were invented by boys. They were invented by boys who had never gotten over their disappointment that accompanying their own orgasm there wasn't a big boom sound.”
    ― Lorrie Moore
    11746.jpg

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    “I think guns are just a symbolic substitute for male genitalia, and I’m okay in that respect.” “Fine. If they get in the house, you can whack them with your genitals.”
    ― J.A. Konrath

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    “Guns, she was reminded then, were not for girls. They were for boys. They were invented by boys. They were invented by boys who had never gotten over their disappointment that accompanying their own orgasm there wasn't a big boom sound.”
    ― Lorrie Moore
    11746.jpg

Peace

love this one !!!! ;)
  • Options
    "Gotta get down to it, soldiers are cutting us down. Should have been done long ago. What if you knew her and found her dead on the ground. How can you run when we know?"
  • Options
    I will not carry a gun.... I'll carry your books, I'll carry a torch, I'll carry a tune,
    I'll carry on, carry over, carry forward, Cary Grant, cash and carry, carry me back to Old Virginia,
    I'll even hari-kari if you show me how, but I will not carry a gun!....

~Hawkeye, M*A*S*H, "Officer of the Day"
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Incognito
    Incognito
    There, every day’s a surprise.
    Incognito
    Incognito
    Where truth tells all the best lies.

--Tom Robbins
  • Options
    "A lot of companies have chosen to downsize, and maybe that was the right thing for them. We chose a different path. Our belief was that if we kept putting great products in front of customers, they would continue to open their wallets."-Steve Jobs
  • Options
    "Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live as well as think."-Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    "The wise man does not expose himself needlessly to danger, since there are few things for which he cares sufficiently; but he is willing, in great crises, to give even his life - knowing that under certain conditions it is not worthwhile to live."-Aristotle
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    what
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    what

Piss off :lol:
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear - Socrates

Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom - Aristotle
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    "A great city is not to be confounded with a populous one."-Aristotle
  • Options
    The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear - Socrates

Beautiful. Two of my favorite thinkers...
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885

Beautiful. Two of my favorite thinkers...
    Very wise men.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    what

Piss off :lol:

zed's dead
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg