Options

Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    •“It never hurts for potential opponents to think you’re more than a little stupid and can hardly count all the money in your hip pocket, much less hold on to it.” (Amarillo Slim)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    I'm guilty of this....

•Baseball is like a poker game. Nobody wants to quit when he's losing; nobody wants you to quit when you're ahead. (Jackie Robinson)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Oh man, I miss the online poker tourneys I used to play!

Speaking of which, from the great one:

A man with money is no match against a man on a mission.
    - Doyle Brunson

:D
  • Options
    •My old pappy always used to say, there is no more deeply satisfying religious experience... than cheatin' on a cheater. (Maverick in the movie Maverick)

•"Stop cheating!" the dealer told the card player.
    "I'm not!" claimed the player.
    "You must be," said the dealer. "That is not the hand that I dealt you."

Peace

• Options
    hedonist wrote:
    Oh man, I miss the online poker tourneys I used to play!

Speaking of which, from the great one:

A man with money is no match against a man on a mission.
    - Doyle Brunson

:D

I agree like that year Moneymaker won it all...remember that man he was on a mission in the MAIN EVENT with some of those bluffs.

Peace

• Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    one i heard yesterday... something like

lies are just words and stories, its the true heart that matters
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    "cos bitching is a piece of art..everyone want his own painting.." ~ dimitrispearljam
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    BandogBandog Posts: 44
    "Once you've wrestled, everything else in life is easy."
    - Dan Gable
  • Options
    A few from Churchill. What a brilliant, wise, hilarious and self-deprecating man.

So much of this is applicable in our times, too.

The length of this document defends it well against the risk of its being read.

Some people regard private enterprise as a predatory tiger to be shot. Others look on it as a cow they can milk. Not enough people see it as a healthy horse, pulling a sturdy wagon.

I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. :mrgreen:

The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law.
  • Options
    Wear your grudge like a crown of negativity.
    Calculate what we will or will not tolerate.
    Desperate to control all and everything.
    Unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen.

Clutch it like a cornerstone, otherwise it all comes down.
    Justify denials and grip it to the lonesome end.
    Clutch it like a cornerstone, otherwise it all comes down.
    Terrified of being wrong.

Ultimatum prison cell.

Saturn ascends, choose one or ten.

Hang on or be humbled again.

- Maynard James Keenan

**good night for good music out here
  • Options
    Mitch! Love the fuck outta this dude.

I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work.
  • Options
    Laws control the lesser man...right conduct controls the greater one. - Mark Twain
  • Options
    Me too, grandma. Me too!

I loved this film (Parenthood - even though I'm not a parent - but I am a daughter).

The quote, which is so much better seen than read, reminds me of Jeff in Single Video Theory - to paraphrase, "not what to feel, but just to feel".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1h_hmdVJAc
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true....

Buddha
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    "Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill"
    - Proverb
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    "Those whom demand respect are typically the ones least likely to deserve it... me thinks."
    -cosmo-
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.”
    ― E.E. Cummings
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    In 1994, he(Johnny Ramone) and Linda moved to Los Angeles, where he spent the final decade of his life among the next generation of hard rockers, some of who, like Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam and Kirk Hammett from Metallica, became his best friends.-Linda Ramone

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... z1qyo87bDF
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    "Ask yourself: Have you been kind today?
    Make kindness your daily modus operandi and change your world."

Annie Lennox
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:
    In 1994, he(Johnny Ramone) and Linda moved to Los Angeles, where he spent the final decade of his life among the next generation of hard rockers, some of who, like Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam and Kirk Hammett from Metallica, became his best friends.-Linda Ramone

If only more people understood what Johnny understood... that you can have very differing political opinions and stick to them. It does not mean that people with differing political views are 'the enemy', 'hate America', 'want to destroy America' and you 'should not come to compromises with'. They are simply, Americans with a diferent political view point than yours. We are all still... Americans.
    P.S. You can visit Johnny's grave site in Los Angeles and say, 'Hello'.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    "If someone has to expound on what a great person they are... chances are, they ain't so great."
    -cosmo-
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    "Some of the most beautiful girls I know are ones who never get asked to dance."
    -cosmo-
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    I like that, Cosmo. Kinda reminds me of this one, from Thirtysomething:

Marjorie Warren: You see, there are two kinds of boys in high school. There are the good-looking ones, the ones on every team, the ones everyone wants. They're the greatest dancers too. And then there are the others... the boys who look as if they'd always rather be somewhere else reading a book, who are shy and awkward. I think you'd call them 'nerds' now. Those are the boys to marry, Ellyn. Those are the boys who tell you secrets, who hold you when you cry in the middle of the night, who want to grow old with you.

Ellyn Warren: How do you know about this, Mom?

Marjorie Warren: Because... I married a great dancer.
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

If only more people understood what Johnny understood... that you can have very differing political opinions and stick to them. It does not mean that people with differing political views are 'the enemy', 'hate America', 'want to destroy America' and you 'should not come to compromises with'. They are simply, Americans with a diferent political view point than yours. We are all still... Americans.
    P.S. You can visit Johnny's grave site in Los Angeles and say, 'Hello'.

do you think he hangs out there ? :D but I agree with your post and Johnny Ramones political opinion of others.

Godfather.
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:
    do you think he hangs out there ? :D but I agree with your post and Johnny Ramones political opinion of others.

Godfather.
    Actually... yeah. He's got the best head stone monument ever.
    ramones11.jpg
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.
    ramones11.jpg

got me, where is this place at ..which cemetary is it ?

Godfather.
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.
    ramones11.jpg

is that EV on the end ?

Godfather.
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.
    ramones11.jpg

is that EV on the end ?

Godfather.
    Hollywood Forever Cemetary in Hollywood. Next time you are in L.A., check it out.
    And yeah... that's Eddie.
    Check out 'Too Tough To Die' (DVD 2006), a Johnny Ramone Tribute. Eddie sings, 'Sheena...' with Tim Armstrong and Brett Gurewitz from Bad Religion. The footage of the memorial is on th end of the video.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    "Selfish persons are incapable of loving others, but they are not capable of loving themselves either."

Erich Fromm
  • Options
    It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.

Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence.

No man will ever carry out of the Presidency the reputation which carried him into it.

- Thomas Jefferson