• Options
    USARAYUSARAY Posts: 517
    "Justice is sweet and musical; but injustice is harsh and discordant."
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.”

John Lennon
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    "If you can keep your head, while those around you are losing theirs... then, you really need to put that sword down."
    -cosmo-
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    Cosmo wrote:
    "If you can keep your head, while those around you are losing theirs... then, you really need to put that sword down."
    -cosmo-

This one is funny. :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    justam wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    -cosmo-

This one is funny. :D
    and creative :D
  • Options
    Happiness comes when you believe in what you are doing, know what you are doing, and love what you are doing....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    “Follow your heart, but be quiet for a while first. Ask questions, then feel the answer.
    Learn to trust your heart.”
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I don't care what you say anymore, this is MY life.
    Go ahead with your own life, leave me the fuck alone!
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I'm just saying, you only get one life. There's no God, no rules, no judgements except for those you accept or create for yourself, and once it's over, it's over. Dreamless sleep forever and ever. So why not be happy while you're here, really, why not? - Nate Fisher, Jr.
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    I'm just saying, you only get one life. There's no God, no rules, no judgements except for those you accept or create for yourself, and once it's over, it's over. Dreamless sleep forever and ever. So why not be happy while you're here, really, why not? - Nate Fisher, Jr.
    I never knew what "ecotone" meant...now it makes sense ;)
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    "You know what the trouble is, Brucey? We used to make shit in this country, build shit. Now we just put our hand in the next guy's pocket."

-Frank Sobotka
  • Options
    “The meaning of life has not much to do with good and evil, right and wrong,
    duty, honor, country, or any of that.

It has to do with cutting the right deal.”

― Nelson DeMille
  • Options
    'Cockroaches is nasty'
    -Ancient Chinese Proverb-
    or something.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    "If you give a person a fish, they'll fish for a day. But if you train a person to fish, they'll fish for a lifetime. "
    -Dan Quayle-
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    people who cease to believe in god or goodness altogether still believe in the devil, i don't know why. No i indeed know why. Evil is always possible. And goodness is eternally difficult.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    hedonist wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    I never knew what "ecotone" meant...now it makes sense ;)

Oh, yeah! Didn't think about that until now. :)
  • Options
    "Birds are indicators of the environment. If they are in trouble, we know we'll soon be in trouble."

Roger Tory Peterson
  • Options
    A bit of fragrance clings to the hand that gives flowers.

Chinese Proverb
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    fault is not the question but how can we fix it to make sure it does not happen again.- Warren Stoaks

Godfather.
  • Options
    “I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.”
    ― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    "Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot a man during a quail hunt ... making 78-year-old Harry Whittington the first person shot by a sitting veep since Alexander Hamilton. Hamilton, of course, (was) shot in a duel with Aaron Burr over issues of honor, integrity and political maneuvering. Whittington? Mistaken for a bird." —Jon Stewart
  • Options
    USARAYUSARAY Posts: 517
    An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language.

Martin Buber
  • Options
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.” – Barbara De Angelis
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    real revolution begins at learning. if youre not angry, youre not paying attention
    - tim mcilrath
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    CH156378 wrote:
    "Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot a man during a quail hunt ... making 78-year-old Harry Whittington the first person shot by a sitting veep since Alexander Hamilton. Hamilton, of course, (was) shot in a duel with Aaron Burr over issues of honor, integrity and political maneuvering. Whittington? Mistaken for a bird." —Jon Stewart

a very big bird. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I don't like it when people say...
    "l really dug your message, man."
    Or, "l really dug your play, man. I cried."

You know?

I like it when people come up to me...
    ...the next day...
    ...or a week later and they say...

l saw your play.

What happened?
  • Options
    If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway...

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true enemies; succeed anyway...

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; be honest and frank anyway....

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; be happy anyway...

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; do good anyway…

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway.”

― Mother Teresa
  • Options
    mikalina wrote:
    If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway...

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true enemies; succeed anyway...

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; be honest and frank anyway....

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway.”

― Mother Teresa
    Love this!
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:
    mikalina wrote:

― Mother Teresa
    Love this!

Those are good statements to live by...
  • Options
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.

The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

- C. S. Lewis