Options

Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    MITCH MCCONNELL:

"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    "millionare job creators are like unicorns. they're impossible to find and don't exist."

Harry Reid claiming no millionaires create jobs. December 12, 2011
    :lol:
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    people in london asked michael stipe if a career in politics is next. he replied:

are you fucking out of your mind? do you realise the degree to which i am unable to compromise?

a sentiment i share 100%.

reminds me of this:

i will stare the sun down
    until my eyes go blind
    i wont change direction
    and i wont change my mind
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    "The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open"
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    90% of the people believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, they just don't know it yet. When they're on their death bed, they'll smell the garlic bread. You just need faith and an unflinching desire to spend trillions of dollars to protect ourselves from the other pasta religion terrorists.
    He still stands

Godfather.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    “The idea is that the state doesn’t have rights to limit individuals’ wants and passions. I disagree with that. I think we absolutely have rights because there are consequences to letting people live out whatever wants or passions they desire.”
    ~Rick Santorum, declaring that government has the right to limit people from pursuing their dreams
  • Options
    Open hearts always recognize each other. Open hearts do not judge the universe.
    When you dive into an open heart, you fall into infinity.

-Suchi Kumar
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    "What you choose today will ripple throughout a thousand tomorrows."
    ~ Deepak Chopra
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    DS1119 wrote:
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy

that almost sounds like Hunter Thompson.

Godfather.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,998
    "I ain't done much but what I've done's alright."
    -Grandpaboy
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    88keys88keys Posts: 151
    "Detox? There’s a bargain. $13,000 for a 3 and a half week treatment... I don’t want to sound like a casual user or anything, but if you can come up with $13,000 you don’t have a problem yet!"

"There’s no happy ending to cocaine. You either die, you go to jail, or else you run out."

-Samuel Burl Kinison
    Camden 8/28/1998; Jones Beach 8/24/2000; Camden 9/1/2000; Camden 9/2/2000; Albany 4/29/2003; New York 7/8/2003; Vancouver 9/2/2005; Atlantic City 10/1/2005; Albany 5/12/2006; E. Rutherford 6/1/2006; E. Rutherford 6/3/2006; New York 6/24/2008; New York 6/25/2008; New York 5/20/2010
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    i used to like mitch hedburg. i still do, but i also used to.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,630
    "I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, ‘If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is.' " - Kurt Vonnegut
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    "I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, ‘If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is.' " - Kurt Vonnegut

I like this one!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    “What makes a river so restful to people is that it doesn't have any doubt
    it is sure to get where it is going and it doesn't want to go anywhere else.”

Hal Boyle
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:
    90% of the people believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, they just don't know it yet. When they're on their death bed, they'll smell the garlic bread. You just need faith and an unflinching desire to spend trillions of dollars to protect ourselves from the other pasta religion terrorists.
    He still stands

Godfather.

wow, I don't think I've ever been quoted before. :D

"The hero . . . discovers and assimilates his opposite (his own unsuspected self) either by swallowing it or by being swallowed. One by one the resistances are broken. He must put aside his pride, his virtue, beauty and life, and bow or submit to the absolutely intolerable. Then he finds he and his opposite are not of differing species, but one flesh." - Joseph Campbell
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Life must be lived and curiosity kept alive.
    One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life...
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,630
    "I’m gonna let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don’t plan it, don’t wait for it, just let it happen. Could be a new shirt, a catnap in your office chair or two cups of good, hot, black coffee."

— Agent Dale Cooper
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    "We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails"
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Year's Resolutions:

1 become more free

2 work with abandon and without the hoax of identity

3 exercise as if its still possible to be a super hero

4 learn to eat like a monk who devotes everything to God

5 learn to play as if the devil wears your boots

6 sing like you found the bottom of your soul and still keep digging

7 make the internet difficult to get too

8 read more than three books

9 try and join the human race

10 try to wake up by noon

11 try and sleep before five am

12 record as if its your love letter to oblivion (it is!)

13 love

14 more love

15 even more love

16 until there is only love

17 and then love

18 do laundry more than once a month

19 travel sometime for no reason or purpose

20 eclipse fear

21 learn how to fit the moon in your pocket

22 learn how to swallow the sun

23 allow dreams to come and be true

24 stay sober

25 be more in the moment than the moment before

26 take risks

27 accept and forgive

28 believe and have faith

29 redeem and prosper

30 ride your bike

31 paint life into a corner until it can only jump down your throat

32 then dance like nobody else

33 and carve from invisible stone your true love

34 and ride (with them) the stars of mercy into mercy

35 and give everything to everyone

36 be generous

37 occupy

38 inspire by being inspired

39 retire without hesitation the things that are no good

40 accept yourself with love

-Joseph Arthur
  • Options
    Bo Jackson: "If my mother put on a helmet and shoulder pads and a uniform that wasn't the same as the one I was wearing, I'd run over her if she was in my way. And I love my mother."

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    If You develop the habits of winning, you will make winning a habit.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    "Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice."

Ayaan Hirsi Ali
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit. - Will Ferrell
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit. - Will Ferrell
    "Wisdom isn't earned, simply, by the passing of the years... it is learned from the time spent in those years."
    cosmo.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    "Wisdom isn't earned, simply, by the passing of the years... it is learned from the time spent in those years."
    cosmo.

Well, you could be slumdog millionaire and the your wisdom/answers are sum of only your life experiences. :P
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    Cosmo wrote:
    cosmo.

Well, you could be slumdog millionaire and the your wisdom/answers are sum of only your life experiences. :P
    or understanding that there is more to the world, than only your life experiences.
    Note: My quote was to prove your point... I'm far from brilliant... but, I can come up with some bullshit.
    peace...
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    “I’ve worked in an economy that rewards someone who saves the lives of others on a battlefield with a medal, rewards a great teacher with thank-you notes from parents, but rewards those who can detect the mispricing of securities with sums reaching into the billions.”
    --Warren Buffet

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/0 ... f=business

“We need a tax system that takes very good care of people who just really aren’t as well adapted to the market system, and to capitalism, but are nevertheless just as good citizens, and are doing things that are of use in society.”
    --Warren Buffet
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    life-love-quote.jpg
    ********************************************************************************************* image