Options

Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,935
    We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    “If you want to cut your own throat, don't come to me for a bandage.” - Thatcher
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere”
    François de la Rochefoucauld
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    "Are you still an optimist... when the glass is half full of piss?"
    -cosmo-
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    -cosmo-
    "Only if you've been stung by a jellyfish or if you're Bear Grylls"
    ;)
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    hedonist wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    -cosmo-
    ;)
    Hey...
    A couple of good gigs coming up at Largo:
    Joseph Arthur this Thursday
    that Dog! on Friday (2 shows) - Petra and Rachel Haden and Anna Waronker 1995 indie band re-union. Possible Jack Black appearance (he's Petra and Rachel's brother in law).
    Liam Finn (MUST SEE) on April 28th
    Definately catch McCready at the Troubadour in May.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    hedonist wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    -cosmo-
    ;)
    Hey...
    A couple of good gigs coming up at Largo:
    Joseph Arthur this Thursday
    that Dog! on Friday (2 shows) - Petra and Rachel Haden and Anna Waronker 1995 indie band re-union. Possible Jack Black appearance (he's Petra and Rachel's brother in law).
    Liam Finn (MUST SEE) on April 28th
    Definately catch McCready at the Troubadour in May.
    I'll be in touch about these, Cosmo. Fingers crossed about the May show.
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. -
    Mark Twain
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    Rock and menopause do not mix. It is not good,
    it sucks and every day I fight it to the death, or, at the very least, not let it take me over....

Stevie Nicks
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    Cowards die a thousand deaths, heroes die ONCE......unknown

I'd rather live a short life without fear than the living death of a long life filled with fear.....unknown

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    "We should not design cars to suit the needs of idiots, and if idiots extinguish themselves through their own idiocy, then we should applaud this as evidence of the great symmetry of God's plan."

- David E. Davis, Jr., founding editor, Automobile Magazine
  • Options
    Trust has to be earned, and should come only after the passage of time....
    Arthur Ashe
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I once prayed to god for a bike but quickly found out he didn't work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Cosmo wrote:
    -cosmo-

thats great ! if you don't mind I would like to use that. :lol:

Godfather.
  • Options
    I once prayed to god for a bike but quickly found out he didn't work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness.
    Love this.
  • Options
    AELARAAELARA Posts: 803
    It is not inertia alone that is responsible for human relationships repeating themselves from case to case, indescribably monotonous and unrenewed: it is shyness before any sort of new, unforeseeable experience with which one does not think oneself able to cope. But only someone who is ready for everything, who excludes nothing, not even the most enigmatical will live the relation to another as something alive.
    R. M. Rilke
    I am mine!
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    “Disappointments are to the soul what the thunder-storm is to the air”

Friedrich von Schiller
  • Options
    "A hug is like a boomerang - you get it back right away." - Bil Keane
  • Options
    If you think things can't get any worse, you lack sufficient imagination.
  • Options
    "But in the next world I shan't be doing music, with all the striving and disappointments.
    I shall be being it."

Ralph Vaughan Williams
  • Options
    that they can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve niether safety or security.
    -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    famous%20life%20quotes%20sayings.jpg
  • Options
    I might replace "lived" with "given", but still. Good words to try and live by.

"You have never really lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

Yeah.
  • Options
    “Be curious, not judgmental.”

Walt Whitman
  • Options
    Human subtlety will never devise an invention more beautiful, more simple or more direct than does nature because in her inventions nothing is lacking, and nothing is superfluous.

- da Vinci
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    "If you pour some music on whatever's wrong,it'll sure help out." - Levon Helm

RIP Levon
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    USARAYUSARAY Posts: 517
    Do you want to feel good, or do you want to do good?
    Ted Nugent
  • Options
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    "If you pour some music on whatever's wrong,it'll sure help out." - Levon Helm

RIP Levon

Yes... music heals
  • Options
    Life is half spent before we know what it is....
    -George Herbert
  • Options
    A few from Daniel Quinn.

Some are fitting (for what, hmmm), plus I just love his views and how he articulates them.

The people of your culture cling with fanatical tenacity to the specialness of man. They want desperately to perceive a vast gulf between man and the rest of creation. This mythology of human superiority justifies their doing whatever they please with the world, just the way Hitler’s mythology of Aryan superiority justified his doing whatever he pleased with Europe. But in the end this mythology is not deeply satisfying. The Takers are a profoundly lonely people. The world for them is enemy territory, and they live in it like an army of occupation, alienated and isolated by their extraordinary specialness.

No one species shall make the life of the world its own. That's one expression of the law. Here's another: 'The world was not made for any one species.'

Do you see the slightest evidence anywhere in the universe that creation came to an end with the birth of man? Do you see the slightest evidence anywhere out there that man was the climax toward which creation had been straining from the beginning? ...Very far from it. The universe went on as before, the planet went on as before. Man's appearance caused no more stir than the appearance of jellyfish.