Options

Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• Options
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
    -Thomas Jefferson-
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    "Be well - live long - love as much as you can! Thank you!" Eddie Vedder Berlin 2009
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    Love the words of Eddie... exquisite

INFLUENCE ~ Every human being has influence. It is inseparable from existence. Its effects are as penetrating as ointment. Its presence is as manifest in every life as the heaven that swells the meal.

Each moral action and utterance is linked to a chain of sequences no mortal can foretell. Each is a vast whispering gallery, where words and actions live on and ring on forever.

Scientists tell us that the words spoken by Abraham and Elijah are still influencing the air; that the atmosphere is a mighty library, on whose pages human actions and utterances have all been impressed. Influence is born with us like fire in the flint. It walks with us, flashes from the eyes and radiates from us like light from the sun. Influence is posthumous; and of an evil man, like the fallen Abel, it may be said,"He being dead, yet speaketh!"

~MORGAN

grace, this one's for you...thank you..
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,275
    "if Sarah Palin looked like Greta Van Sustern she would get no media attention."

Mike Malloy

:lol:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    prfctlefts wrote:
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
    -Thomas Jefferson-
    ie capitalism.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other
    but in looking outward in the same direction
  • Options
    StarfallStarfall Posts: 548
    Neil Gaiman is a particular favorite -

The really dangerous people believe they are doing whatever they are doing solely and only because it is without question the right thing to do. And that is what makes them dangerous. - from American Gods

It's not hard to own something. Or everything. You just have to know that it's yours, and then be willing to let it go. - from Stardust

Life — and I don't suppose I'm the first to make this comparison — is a disease: sexually transmitted, and invariably fatal. - from Death Talks About Life
    "It's not hard to own something. Or everything. You just have to know that it's yours, and then be willing to let it go." - Neil Gaiman, "Stardust"
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,135
    We create an environment where it is alright to hate, to steal, to cheat, and to lie if we dress it up with symbols of respectability, dignity and love." -- Whitney Moore, Jr.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    THE SECRET of happiness is not in doing what one likes but in liking what one has to do.~BARRIE
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    "Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open"
  • Options
    "...of all our different expressions of beingness, only laughter is pure enough, complex enough, free enough, endowed with enough mystery of meaning, to accurately reflect the soul..." - Tom Robbins

:lol:
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    "The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes."
  • Options
    Starfall wrote:
    Neil Gaiman is a particular favorite -
    The really dangerous people believe they are doing whatever they are doing solely and only because it is without question the right thing to do. And that is what makes them dangerous. - from American Gods

From the late social critic, author, philosopher, and founder of the guns & dope party - Robert Anton Wilson: (Celine is the main character in the book "The Illuminatus! Trilogy)

*Celine's Third Law

Citing Lenin and his successors as examples, Wilson argues that the most tyrannical and brutal regimes in history were created by honest politicians who believed in a good cause. An honest politician is a national calamity.

Celine recognizes that the third law seems preposterous from the beginning. While a dishonest politician is interested only in bettering his own lot through abusing the public trust, an honest politician is far more dangerous since he is honestly interested in bettering society through political action, and that means writing and implementing more and more laws.

Celine argues that creating more laws simply creates more criminals. Laws inherently restrict individual freedom, and the explosive rate at which laws are being created means that every citizen in the course of his daily life does not have the research capacity to not violate at least one of the plethora of laws. It is only through honest politicians trying to change the world through laws that true tyranny can come into being through excessive legislation.

Corrupt politicians simply line their own pockets. Honest idealist politicians cripple the people's freedom through enormous amounts of laws. So, corrupt politicians are preferable according to Celine.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    "In order to really enjoy a dog one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi human. The point of it is to open yourself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog."
  • Options
    "The primary role of government is to protect the minority of the opulent against the majority." - Thomas Jefferson

"The primary role of media is the suspension of disbelief." - can't remember who and I'm too lazy to Google it.
  • Options
    prfctlefts wrote:
    -Thomas Jefferson-

http://wiki.monticello.org/mediawiki/in ... e_to_exist
  • Options
    Every ideology is a mental murder, a reduction of dynamic living processes to static classifications, and every classification is a Damnation, just as every inclusion is an exclusion. In a busy, buzzing universe where no two snow flakes are identical, and no two trees are identical, and no two people are identical- and, indeed, the smallest sub-atomic particle, we are assured, is not even identical with itself from one microsecond to the next- every card-index system is a delusion. "Or, to put it more charitably," as Nietzsche says, "we are all better artists than we realize." It is easy to see that label "Jew" was a Damnation in Nazi Germany, but actually the label "Jew" is a Damnation anywhere, even where anti-Semitism does not exist. "He is a Jew," "He is a doctor," and "He is a poet" mean, to the card indexing centre of the cortex, that my experience with him will be like my experience with other Jews, other doctors, and other poets. Thus, individuality is ignored when identity is asserted. At a party or any place where strangers meet, watch this mechanism in action. Behind the friendly overtures there is wariness as each person fishes for the label that will identify and Damn the other. Finally, it is revealed: "Oh, he's an advertising copywriter," "Oh, he's an engine-lathe operator." Both parties relax, for now they know how to behave, what roles to play in the game. Ninety-nine percent of each has been Damned; the other is reacting to the 1 percent that has been labeled by the card-index machine.
  • Options
    War is a crime. Ask the infantry. Ask the dead.
    -- Ernest Hemingway
  • Options
    The greatest joy of life is to love and be loved
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    NOTHING AS IT SEEMS
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    "Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.".....Leo Buscaglia

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Always Do Your Best. Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.
    Miguel Angel Ruiz
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    We promise according to our hopes and perform according to our fears
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

I like that... do you know who said it?
  • Options
    some people are like slinkies...not really good for anything, but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs...
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

I like that... do you know who said it?

Francois De La Rochefoucauld
  • Options
    “Without music, life would be a mistake.... I would only believe in a God who knew how to dance.”

Tasheen Friedrich Nietzsche

• Options
    Patience, a minor form of despair disguised as a virtue.
  • Options
    When I cannot enjoy the faith of assurance, I live by the faith of adherence.
    Matthew Henry.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    "We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing, all-powerful God who creates faulty humans and then blames them for his own mistakes."
    Gene Roddenberry
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'