Options

Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• Options
    "Too many OBGYN's aren't able to practice their love with women in this country" George W. Bush
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    yogibare wrote:
    "Too many OBGYN's aren't able to practice their love with women in this country" George W. Bush
    this one just had to come around again :lol:
  • Options
    "I seem to be a verb." - R Buckminster Fuller

"Victory over Horseshit!" - me

"We are our own dragons as well as our own heroes, and we must save ourselves from ourselves." - Tom Robbins
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    We are ONE. :)

Good day, Lovely Pearl Jam Community.

Blessings
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    Forgiveness does not change the past but it does enlarge the future.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities

-voltaire.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities

-voltaire.

Dear Mr Voltaire... most everything is absurd and atrocious in this world. It must have snowballed since the Age of Enligtenment. Oh, and there is this thing called "Voltaire's Angry Glove."
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    the most exciting attractions are between two opposites that never meet.
    Andy Warhol
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,135
    “Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances.”.......M. Ghandi

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    "I have witnessed the softening of the hardest of hearts by a simple smile."
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    "I have witnessed the softening of the hardest of hearts by a simple smile."
    very nice- I like that
    Love is strong in its passion
    affection is powerful in its gentleness
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    "If my Aunt had balls, she'd be my Uncle"

This gem came from my Uncle Bruno.
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    A circle is the reflection of eternity. It has no beginning and it has no end - and if you put several circles over each other, then you get a spiral.
    -MJK
  • Options
    When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.~ Bruce Lee
  • Options
    NoKNoK Posts: 824
    MrSmith wrote:
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.~ Bruce Lee

I suppose the same could be said for any liquid. Why not opt for being in a gaseous phase? You would have even more flexibility.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    “Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?” - Ernest Gaines
  • Options
    Alice: "Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
    The Cat: That depends a good deal on where you want to get to
    Alice: I don't much care where.
    The Cat: Then it doesn't much matter which way you go.
    Alice: …so long as I get somewhere.
    The Cat: Oh, you're sure to do that, if only you walk long enough."--Lewis Carroll (Alice in Wonderland)
  • Options
    StevieG wrote:
    "If my Aunt had balls, she'd be my Uncle"

This gem came from my Uncle Bruno.

"I'm never getting married again. Next time, I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house."

Since we're quoting uncles...
  • Options
    NoK wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:

I suppose the same could be said for any liquid. Why not opt for being in a gaseous phase? You would have even more flexibility.
    i guess with air you would lack the force of water. and water being most common liquid would be the reason he chose it instead of Dr Pepper or gasoline or... wait why am i explaining this?
  • Options
    You are only as happy as your unhappiest child
  • Options
    It is entirely possible to be homesick for a place you've never been to; perhaps more homesick than for that of familiar ground.
    TDR
  • Options
    "Being free is not a condition of being human; it is the condition." Sartre
    TDR
  • Options
    "Let men do what he will; the game is lost." Sartre
    TDR
  • Options
    This is a seen from Play it Again Sam, a film by Woody Allen.

I think it is really funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH4UBmjVuS4
    TDR
  • Options
    A liar should have a good memory.

Quintilian
    TDR
  • Options
    Your Honor, years ago I recognized my kinship with all living beings, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on earth. I said then, and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.

- Eugene V. Debs
  • Options
    "Think like a man, act like a woman"
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    "the nigga bought aluminum tubes! do i have to tell you what the fuck you can do with an aluminum tube?? ALUMINUM!!!

That don't scare ya? fine, i didn't want to say this one.....the motherfucker bought some yellow cake. ok? in Africa. he went to Africa and bought yellow cake"

:ugeek: :mrgreen:
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    The best fertilizer is the gardener's shadow.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    LOVE taketh up no malign elements; its spirit prompteth it to cover in mercy all things that ought not to be exposed, to believe all of good that can believe, to hope all things that a good God makes possible, and to endure all things that the hope may be made good.
    J.H. THOM
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light