Options

Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    No life's worth more than any other, no sister worth less than any brother.

Today we are in a war against war - music is our power.

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is just to stay human.

Through music I either tame my demons or unleash them and allow them to be what they are. I don't want the music to be about provocation, I want the music to bring you to a place where you feel at home.

....Michael Franti

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    My brother and friend. It's syncronicity that creates synergy. :) melo

What's amazes me is coincidence.

"A lot of people have gone further than they thought they could because someone else thought they could."
    Zig Ziglar

somehow at this point in the day, I believe the words in this quote apply to a friend we know as Grace!!!

power to the loving,
    for we know this
    is God's real
    work.

xox
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    melodious wrote:
    My brother and friend. It's syncronicity that creates synergy. :) melo

What's amazes me is coincidence.

"A lot of people have gone further than they thought they could because someone else thought they could."
    Zig Ziglar

somehow at this point in the day, I believe the words in this quote apply to a friend we know as Grace!!!

power to the loving,
    for we know this
    is God's real
    work.

xox

Thanks Melo Michael comes to town this Saturday and I hope to take hm out to dinner somewhere in Columbia, Maryland. It's been awhile since I've seen him we need his music and lyrics of peace and conscience being so close to the White House.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    melo is recovering ...she won't have the pleasure of making it to PTTP, however, you know one day the stars will line up perfectly. Please give Michael my best and express how grateful I am to have become acquainted with such a wonderful group of warriors, here and there.

Thank you Pearl Jam Community for allowing my humble self to post as supportive guest and to A Book for starting this thread. Participation on this thread has sometimes posed as that flickr of light on many a dark and dreary days.

I love you PJammers!!!

on with my post:

Gary Zukav-Dancing Wu Li Masters; Seat of the Soul

We have much to do together.
    Le us do it in wisdom and love and joy.
    Let us make this the human experience
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    GOOD MAN(WOMAN)~You may depend upon it that he/she is a good wo/man, whose intimate friends are all good, and whose enemies are decidedly bad.~Lavater
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    WHAT COUNTS~'Tisn't life that matters! It's the courage you bring to it.
    ~Hugh Walpole.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    "The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity." - Voltaire
  • Options
    * or the imagination.... :)+ :) = :)

after seeing the kitten/snake thread starter, i do concur with your quote. have a lovely evening....!!!
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    To this day I believe we are here on earth to live, grow, and do what we can to make this world a better place for all people to enjoy freedom.

Rosa Parks
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    We give to live, until we live to give.”
    Michael Bernard Beckwith
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    Good day, to you Peal Jam Community. Power to the Peaceful....

Willie Nelson says it best:

"You are always on my mind."

Good Day!!!
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    In order for life to have appeared spontaneously on earth, there first had to be hundreds of millions of protein molecules of the ninth configuration. But given the size of the planet Earth, do you know how long it would have taken for just one of these protein molecules to appear entirely by chance? Roughly ten to the two hundred and forty-third power billions of years. And I find that far, far more fantastic than simply believing in God.

-Colonel Kane, "The Ninth Configuration"

... more from that amazing movie:

Captain Cutshaw: Can you prove there's a foot?
    Colonel Kane: There are some arguments from reason.
    Captain Cutshaw: Are those the things we use to justify dropping atomic bombs on Japan?

Captain Cutshaw: Infinite goodness is creating a being you know, in advance, is going to complain.

Captain Cutshaw: The man in the moon tried to fuck my sister!

[Captain Cutshaw stomps in wearing scuba flippers]
    Captain Cutshaw: Take me to the beach.
    Colonel Kane: It's night, and it's raining.
    Captain Cutshaw: I see you're determined to start an argument.

Colonel Kane: You're convinced that God is dead because there's evil in the world.
    Captain Cutshaw: Correct.
    Colonel Kane: Then why don't you think He's alive because of the goodness in the world?
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    -- The most secretive, intrusive and repressive government in our history and a president who's a congenital, serial liar.

-- A de facto one party state with two wings and a president claiming "unitary executive" powers ignoring the rule of law and doing as he pleases in the name of national security on his say alone.

-- A secret intelligence establishment with near-limitless funding operating without oversight.

-- A dominant corporate-controlled media serving as a national thought-control police and collective quasi-state ministry of information and propaganda glorifying imperial wars to "spread democracy" without letting on they're for conquest, domination and repression.

-- A weak, servile Congress acceding to a dominant president under a system of authoritarian rule keeping a restive population in line it fears one day no longer will tolerate being denied essential services so the nation's wealth can go for imperial wars and handouts to the rich.

-- A cesspool of corruption stemming from incestuous ties between government and business mocking any notions of government of, for or by the people.

....Chalmers Johnson author of *Blowback*/ * The Sorrows Of Empire*/*NEMESIS*

Peace

• Options
    "We're all fucked. It helps to remember that."

-George Carlin
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    "Death is our eternal companion," don Juan said with a most serious air. "It is always to our left, at an arm's length. It was watching you when you were watching the white falcon; it whispered in your ear and you felt its chill, as you felt it today. It has always been watching you. It always will until the day it taps you."

Don Matus
    Journey to Ixtlan
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    "If you promise not to pray in our schools, we'll promise not to think in your churches."

:lol:
  • Options
    Remember, we are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

MJK
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    fuck you i wont do what you tell me.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    THERE was a care on my mind so to pass my time, that nothing might hinder me from the most steady attention to the voice of the true Shepherd.

~JOHN WOOLMAN
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    "And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country." JFK

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." Thomas Jefferson
    TDR
  • Options
    No voice of prayer to Thee can rise,
    But swift as light Thy Love replies;
    Not always what we ask, indeed,
    But, O most Kind! what most we need,
    H.M. KIMBALL

love, love, and more love...

abound!!!
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    WHEN obstacles an trials seem
    Like prison-walls to be,
    I do the little I can do,
    And leave the rest to Thee.
    F.W. FABER...

Feliz fin de semana
    Happy Weekend...
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    People are very interested in politics, they just don't like it labelled politics.
    .....Douglas Hurd

Peace

• Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.

Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    The rays of happiness,
    like those of light,
    are colorless when unbroken.
    Henry Longfellow
  • Options
    Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.

-Malacalypse the Younger
  • Options
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing....Helen Keller

Peace

• Options
    GOOD NATURE~A cheerful temper, joined with innocence, will make beauty attractive, knowledge delightful, and with good-nature. It will lighten sickness, poverty and affliction;; convert ignorance into an amiable simplicity, and render deformity itself agreeable.
    ~ADDISON
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    "Say what you will about America, but $13 still buy a helluva lot of mice"

-George Michael Bluth
    Arrested Development
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    "Can I have $14 to buy a cup of coffee?" - William Murderface