Options

Let's Post Some Quotes

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    My mama always used to tell me: *If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for*

*Misplaced hate makes disgrace to the races*.....Tupac Shakur

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    "When a man* decides to do something he* must go all the way," he said, "but he* must take responsibility for what he* does. No matter what he* does, he must first know why he* is doing it, and then he* must proceed with his* actions without having remorse or doubts about them."

Juan Matus

woman
    she
    her
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I'm not reading through 32 pages of quotes to see if this one has been posted but I think it applies well considering the times today.

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ... And what country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." ---Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

- John F. Kennedy

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    "People who do not work from the high spiritual realms work with what we call magnetic Light. This magnetic Light is not necessarily the Holy Spirit. It is like a consciousness of a group. In any group of people, you can often feel a formation and movement of energy through the room. For the most part, that is magnetic energy, which radiates from each person."
    John Roger

the more expression in love or fear, give or take, appreciation or complaint, conflict or peace, the more will be our return respectively....melodious

Calling in Light to surround all dividing lines.
    Infusion!!!
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    If you think you're too small to be effective,
    you have never been in bed with a mosquito.
    ...Beete Reese

Peace

• Options
    Friends like you shine light everywhere they go. There is no such inclination as divide and conquer...the same war can be affected with infusion.....

essence
    breathe
    sharing
    encouragement
    standing in present time

breathing in light
    exhaling love
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    "I live in a crazy time"

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/autho ... frank.html

I thought you would enjoy remembering....

"Even though we are all unique, will still look up at the same sky. We all share the same sun!!!" anon
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    "Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune."
    — Noam Chomsky
  • Options
    Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan:

Speaking from a metaphysical point of view, the Kingdom of Heaven may be attained by the way of repentance. If we have offended a friend, and he turns away from us, and we in fullness of heart ask for forgiveness, his heart will melt towards us. If, on the other hand, we close our heart, it becomes frozen. Repenting and asking for pardon not only melts the hearts of those we have offended, but also of those in the world unseen. These words can also be explained scientifically. Warmth melts, while cold freezes. Drops of water falling on a warm place and on a cold place are affected differently. The drop in the warm place spreads and becomes larger, covers a larger space, whereas a drop in the cold place freezes and becomes limited. Repentance has the effect of a drop spread in the warm sphere: it causes the heart to expand and become universal, while the hardening of the heart brings limitation.

The bubble does not last long; it soon breaks, but with its break it joins a mighty ocean. So with us. When by warmth of heart we can break our limited self, we merge in the One, the unlimited. When our limited kingdom is lost from our sight, we inherit the Kingdom of God.

from http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/V/V_29.ht
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    No one is as capable of gratitude as one who has emerged from the kingdom of night.

Elie Wiesel
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless - Kenny Powers
  • Options
    “Let us all hope that the dark clouds of racial prejudice will soon pass away, and that in some not too distant tomorrow the radiant stars of love and brotherhood will shine over our great nation with all their scintillating beauty.”.....Martin Luther King Jr

Peace

• Options
    The bird, a nest, the spider a web, for Humans, it's all about friendship.
    WILLIAM BLAKE
    collaborative effort
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    The Greatest force on Earth is not the compulsion of law but the compassion on LOVE

Peace

• Options
    aerialaerial Posts: 2,319
    "If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain." Churchill
    “We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    If you want to expound on love,
    take your intellect out and stick it in the mud.
    ...It's no help

Rumi
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    Friendship hath the skill and observation of the best physician, the diligence and vigilance of the best nurse, and the tenderness and patience of the best mother.
    EDWARD CLARENDON
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    Men pass lightly away but the truth of God ever abideth.

Edward J. Klein
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    BhagavadGitaBhagavadGita Posts: 1,748
    A baby is God's opinion that life should go on. Never will a time come when the most marvelous recent invention is as marvelous as a newborn baby. The finest of our precision watches, the most supercolossal of our supercargo planes don't compare with a newborn baby in the number and ingenuity of coils and springs, in the flow and change of chemical solutions, in timing devices and interrelated parts, irreplaceable. Carl Sandburg
  • Options
    Judaism: Forgiving in the Same Spirit
    The Rabbi Nahum of Chernobyl was always being insulted by a shopkeeper. One day, the latter’s business began to go badly.
    “It must be the Rabbi, who is asking for God’s revenge,” he thought. He went to ask for Nahum’s forgiveness.
    “I forgive you in the same spirit you ask for forgiveness.” replied the Rabbi.
    But the man’s losses just kept increasing, until he was reduced to misery. Nahum’s horrified disciples went to ask him what had happened.
    “I forgave him, but he continued to hate me deep down in his heart.” said the Rabbi. “Therefore, his hatred contaminated everything he did, and God’s punishment became more and more severe.”
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    yogibareyogibare Posts: 69
    And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful... than the the risk it took to blossom.
    Anais Nin
  • Options
    'Out beyond ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    "If my Aunt had balls, she'd be my Uncle"

An original from my Uncle Bruno. You've got to love it.
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    "Chazz Michael Michaels IS figure skating!"

Chazz Michael Michaels quoting Maxim magazine
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    what do you think an artist is? an imbecile who has only eyes, if he is a painter, or ears if he is a musician, or a lyre in every chamber of his heart if he is a poet, or even, if he is a boxer, just his muscles? far from it: at the same time, he is also a political being, constantly aware of the heartbreaking, passionate, or delightful things that happen in the world, shaping himself completely in their image. how could it be possible to feel no interest in other people, and with a cool indifference to detach yourself from the very life which they bring to you so abundantly? no, painting is not done to decorate apartments. it is an instrument of war

-pablo picasso.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Love Picasso!!! Thanks for reminder how life is like a jigsaw puzzle in which we put together our own individual sense of perfection in all pieces. Bright Blessings 4 All...

If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.

Anne Bradstreet

gratefulness.org
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    EVERYTHING

Everything I see, her, touch, feel, taste,
    speak, think,
    imagine,

is completing a perfect circle
    God has drawn.

Meister Eckhart
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    "Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy." Henry Kissinger, quoted by Bob Woodward in The Final Days, 1976
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    'For it is better to rule in Hell, than to serve in Heaven'

Lucifer-Paradise Lost