Options

Dramatic 911 call from right before shooting released

Comments

• Options
    they got what they deserve. fuck em. dont steal shit. They should give the guy a medal and i'm not joking.
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    MrSmith wrote:
    they got what they deserve. fuck em. dont steal shit. They should give the guy a medal and i'm not joking.

So if stealing warrants being shot and killed, what else does? Running a stop sign? How about littering? Public Urination=Severed Penis? That'll teach 'em!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    yeee haw...

now that precedent has been set, the next time some fucker speeds past me while I'm traveling the speed limit...I'm gonna ratta tat tat their ass...they put my life in danger and I should be able to kill them...

right...?
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    yeee haw...

now that precedent has been set, the next time some fucker speeds past me while I'm traveling the speed limit...I'm gonna ratta tat tat there ass...they put my life in danger and I should be able to kill them...

right...?

Fire Away! Just make sure they're not sporting a PJ bumper sticker, as it may be me!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    Uncle LeoUncle Leo Posts: 1,059
    inmytree wrote:
    yeee haw...

now that precedent has been set, the next time some fucker speeds past me while I'm traveling the speed limit...I'm gonna ratta tat tat there ass...they put my life in danger and I should be able to kill them...

right...?

The speeder is putting more lives in danger than the DVD-toting burgler on his way out of a house.

I used take my friends' keys when they were drunk, but hey, they may hotwire their own car and drive, putting lives in danger. I better not take a chance. Next time, I'm'a have to shoot 'em.
    I cannot come up with a new sig till I get this egg off my face.
  • Options
    onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    inmytree wrote:
    yeee haw...

right...?

wrong. there has to be imminent danger. you can't shoot someone running away. there's a law in texas that says it's illegal to shoot someone in the back. if horn did; he'll be prosecuted under that law. home invasions are something different. if someone is home; they're usually killed or injured. it happened in phoenix yesterday. if you're waken by a noise; and see a stranger going into your childs room; are you going to wait to see if he has a weapon?
    like i said; it all comes down to common sense and what a jury will decide. in most cases; it's the jury that decides if the shooting was justified.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    MrSmith wrote:

wtf?! Its idiots like you and Horn that shouldn't be allowed near guns in the first place. He was just a pissed-off man on a power trip, there was absolutely NO NEED to KILL these two people. How does he know their circumstances? Sure, nothing can excuse what they did, but everyone makes mistakes.

Also, glad none of my neighbours have a gun, I've been caught breaking into my own house after forgetting my key on a night out.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    wtf?! Its idiots like you and Horn that shouldn't be allowed near guns in the first place. He was just a pissed-off man on a power trip, there was absolutely NO NEED to KILL these two people. How does he know their circumstances? Sure, nothing can excuse what they did, but everyone makes mistakes.

Also, glad none of my neighbours have a gun, I've been caught breaking into my own house after forgetting my key on a night out.

and i'm glad ALL of my neighbours have guns and will protect me when i need it.

also; do you know horn or are you just spouting off?
  • Options
    wrong. there has to be imminent danger. you can't shoot someone running away. there's a law in texas that says it's illegal to shoot someone in the back. if horn did; he'll be prosecuted under that law. .

Who was in imminent danger as these thieves left the house, other then themselves? If home invasions usually result in death or injury (your claim, would love to see supporting documentation) and Horn witnessed any of this, then by all means, fire away. But this was absent here, wasn't it?
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Hartydog wrote:
    I don't necessarily disagree with you. However I think sometimes this country is too concerned with the rights of criminals.

Wow... it's the life of a person against STUFF.

Sometimes this country makes me sick.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    and i'm glad ALL of my neighbours have guns and will protect me when i need it.

also; do you know horn or are you just spouting off?

No I don't know him, what an odd statement.

I prefer to live in a country where there were only 96 gun related fatalities in the space of 4 years... how many does the US have because of people thinking they have a right to kill everyone else who doesn't live by their version of the law??
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    wrong. there has to be imminent danger. you can't shoot someone running away. there's a law in texas that says it's illegal to shoot someone in the back. if horn did; he'll be prosecuted under that law. home invasions are something different. if someone is home; they're usually killed or injured. it happened in phoenix yesterday. if you're waken by a noise; and see a stranger going into your childs room; are you going to wait to see if he has a weapon?
    like i said; it all comes down to common sense and what a jury will decide. in most cases; it's the jury that decides if the shooting was justified.

That's what annoys me about the justifications in this thread... there was no imminent danger! if the neighbor was home and he/she shot the burglers that came into her house, I could care less. At that point, a life could be in danger. Hell, if someone broke into my house they would get a baseball bat to the head, or get shot if I had time to get into my safe. But in this case, Horn saw/heard someone break into his neighbors house, and leave with a bag of stuff. No body was in imminent danger, especially Horn who was safely in his own house next door.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    That's what annoys me about the justifications in this thread... there was no imminent danger! if the neighbor was home and he/she shot the burglers that came into her house, I could care less. At that point, a life could be in danger. Hell, if someone broke into my house they would get a baseball bat to the head, or get shot if I had time to get into my safe. But in this case, Horn saw/heard someone break into his neighbors house, and leave with a bag of stuff. No body was in imminent danger, especially Horn who was safely in his own house next door.

and i agree with that. but if he followed the law; he was legally right. the story said it would probably go to a grand jury and they will decide if he stands trial. the story was incomplete because it didn't say if the men were armed. if one of the men were reaching for a weapon then he was justified. be it on his neighbours lawn or anywhere else.
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    No I don't know him, what an odd statement.

I prefer to live in a country where there were only 96 gun related fatalities in the space of 4 years... how many does the US have because of people thinking they have a right to kill everyone else who doesn't live by their version of the law??

is that per capita? the us has over 330 million people and only 10,000 gun deaths which includes police shootings.

quite frankly; i prefer to live in a country with full liberties and freedom. a man with a gun is a citizen; a man without a gun is a subject.
  • Options
    and i agree with that. but if he followed the law; he was legally right. the story said it would probably go to a grand jury and they will decide if he stands trial. the story was incomplete because it didn't say if the men were armed. if one of the men were reaching for a weapon then he was justified. be it on his neighbours lawn or anywhere else.

I am interested in seeing how this works out too... I read somewhere that the police should have their investigation done and findings to the DA's office in 2 weeks.

More of a legal questions (soulsinging maybe)... but if the burglars were armed could it still be considered self defense if he knowingly put himself in danger? He was in the safety of his home, but chose to leave that and go outside to confront them, is that still legally self defense seeing that he put himself in danger? I'm just curious...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    is that per capita? the us has over 330 million people and only 10,000 gun deaths which includes police shootings.

slightly off topic but...

Thats 96 altogether over the space of 4 years, 24 per year.

Average 24 killings out of 4 million is a pretty good ratio, including 23 out of the 96 that were suicides.

1/166666 chance of getting shot in Ireland

1/33000 chance of getting shot in the US (according to your stats)

I know where I'd rather be...
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    I am interested in seeing how this works out too... I read somewhere that the police should have their investigation done and findings to the DA's office in 2 weeks.

More of a legal questions (soulsinging maybe)... but if the burglars were armed could it still be considered self defense if he knowingly put himself in danger? He was in the safety of his home, but chose to leave that and go outside to confront them, is that still legally self defense seeing that he put himself in danger? I'm just curious...

yes; it is still self defence. ss is a student and still wet behind the ears. horn didn't know they were armed so he didn't put himself in danger. he only investigated something amiss at his neighbours house.

the fact that it will take 2 weeks to decide whether to charge him or what to charge him with tells me there's a chance he was within the law. it seems that they want to charge him so people aren't running around shooting burglers but they don't know what charges will stick. i'm sure all of texas is behind him so we'll just wait it out.
    first person to hear something should start another thread about it. i'd hate to miss it.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202

depends on the jurisdiction and local laws. sometimes yes, sometimes no.
  • Options
    yes; it is still self defence. ss is a student and still wet behind the ears.

and you're not a lwyer. you're an armchair gun nut who reads a few NRA pamphlets on the second amendment and thinks he knows the constitution. you still never showed where that right to life and property is in the constitution. how about posting the case citations? or do you now know what a case citation is?
  • Options

and from what we've seen, there was no imminent danger. this guy's going to have to have the best lawyer in the country to get off after the 911 dispatcher TOLD him not to go outside becos the police were on their way. my money's on this dude going to jail. but then, it's texas. they might just try to execute the criminals again and make this guy the governor. maybe you should represent him. ya know, seeing as how you're unbeatable and all.
  • Options
    and from what we've seen, there was no imminent danger. this guy's going to have to have the best lawyer in the country to get off after the 911 dispatcher TOLD him not to go outside becos the police were on their way. my money's on this dude going to jail. but then, it's texas. they might just try to execute the criminals again and make this guy the governor. maybe you should represent him. ya know, seeing as how you're unbeatable and all.

see post 138
  • Options
    and you're not a lwyer. you're an armchair gun nut who reads a few NRA pamphlets on the second amendment and thinks he knows the constitution. you still never showed where that right to life and property is in the constitution. how about posting the case citations? or do you now know what a case citation is?

are you trying to look like an arsehole in front of the entire board or is this your normal self? as best we know; you're just a snot nosed high school freshman mouthing off because you can hide behind a screen name. i bet you don't have the balls to confront someone face to face.
    if you are indeed a law student; tell your parents to save their money because you'll fail with that kind of attitude. you show all the signs of immaturity. why don't you read the rules of the board and see if you can follow rules before tackeling law.
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    ut oh, somebody is all riled up...

duck...!!!
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    ut oh, somebody is all riled up...

duck...!!!

nah; just a pesty little mosquito buzzing about. i've got to feed my animals anyway. i'm sure he's off crying to his mum so it's all good. it sure is hard to have an educated conversation around here when school lets out. but then for a student; he sure is about a lot. maybe he's just a drop out. when i was in college we studied when we weren't in class.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    yes; it is still self defence. ss is a student and still wet behind the ears. horn didn't know they were armed so he didn't put himself in danger. he only investigated something amiss at his neighbours house.

Hurry up, man. Catch these guys, will ya? I ain't gonna let them go, I'm gonna be honest with ya," said Horn on the 911 call. "I'm not gonna let them go. I'm not gonna let them get away with this (expletive)."

well im not wet behind the ears and i can tell you that if i am told NOT to go outside and i then choose to, it is I who is putting MYSELF 'in danger.' up until the point where I chose to PUT MYSELF into the situation I was safe. safe inside my own house whilst the burglars chose to rob my neighbour. seeings how i was not in any immediate 'danger' or in fear for my life prior to my deciding to put myself in that position where POTENTIAL danger could eventuate, then any preemptive action i took, in my opinion, WAS NOT self defense.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    The old man is guilty of murder and will get convicted as such, Texas or not. This isn't the wild west. Pasadena may be a bit redneck but they still have laws protecting people, even bad Mexicans making away with a bag full of loot, not just neighbors of home burglaries. Crazy talk about killing these guys was justice served is just the kind of nonsense the founding fathers had in mind when they decided that we needed an electoral college to vote for the president. They didn't trust the average citizen to be intelligent. But crap, this guy is going to get judged by a jury of his peers. Never mind, he'll be alright. Probably just some community service.
  • Options
    neighbors house on monday...your house on tuesday...if cops can't get there in 7 minutes, then you do what you gotta do instead of knowing letting something happen while you could do something about it!
    (11/15/07 - KTRK/PASADENA, TX) - A dramatic 911 call from the Pasadena man who allegedly shot and killed two men accused of burglarizing his neighbor has been released. The dispatcher tried to talk him out of it.

"Hurry up, man. Catch these guys, will ya? I ain't gonna let them go, I'm gonna be honest with ya," said Horn on the 911 call. "I'm not gonna let them go. I'm not gonna let them get away with this (expletive)."

Horn and the dispatcher spent more than seven minutes on the phone, much of that with the dispatcher trying to convince Horn not to go outside.

"I'm gonna shoot, I'm gonna shoot," said Horn.

"Stay inside the house and don't go out there, OK?" responded the dispatcher. "It's not worth shooting someone over this."

"I don't want to, but if I go out there to see what the hell is going on, what choice do I have?" said Horn.

"I don't want you to go out there. I asked if you could see anything out there," said the dispatcher.

Horn tells the dispatcher that he understands his rights and even makes reference to the September 1 expansion that gives homeowners greater protection from prosecution should they choose to confront someone breaking into their home.

Before he can be convinced otherwise, Horn tells police he sees the burglars coming out of his house.

"He's coming out of the window right now," said Horn to the 911 dispatcher. "I gotta go, buddy. I'm sorry, but he's coming out the window."

"Don't, don't , don't go out the door. Mr. Horn? Mr. Horn?" said the dispatcher.

"(Expletive), they just stole something," said Horn to the dispatcher. "I'm sorry. I ain't gonna let them get away with this. They got a bag of something. I'm doing it."

The dispatcher can't stop Horn, who takes the phone with him as he goes outside.

"Move, you're dead," Horn, who took the phone outside with him, could be heard saying to the suspects.

Then three gunshots could be heard.

Horn admits later on the 911 call that he did, in fact, fire those shots. The names of the two men shot have not yet been released pending identification and notification of their next of kin. Horn has not been arrested or charged with any crime. A police investigation is still underway. This case likely will end up in the hands of a Harris County grand jury.
    (Copyright © 2007, KTRK-TV)

(audio can be heard at http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=5538780)

Sorry, but I see no justification for this. The guys were robbing a neighbors house and from what can be heard, posed no threat to Horn. He should've let the cops handle the matter instead of going outside and shooting these two guys. Or atleast held them in their place until the cops showed up. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sticking up for the criminals at all, what they did was wrong. But I also believe what Horn did was wrong, killing people over a small bag of "loot".
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • Options
    are you trying to look like an arsehole in front of the entire board or is this your normal self? as best we know; you're just a snot nosed high school freshman mouthing off because you can hide behind a screen name. i bet you don't have the balls to confront someone face to face.
    if you are indeed a law student; tell your parents to save their money because you'll fail with that kind of attitude. you show all the signs of immaturity. why don't you read the rules of the board and see if you can follow rules before tackeling law.

way to dodge my challenge. i'd gladly challenge you to your face and id ask if you have the balls to confront someone face to face without a gun in your hand tough guy. my parents don't give me a cent, i've got government loans friend... thanks for paying for my juris doctor, mr. billionaire taxpayer. ;)

so... how bout them cases? citations? or... can you not manage that? cmon man, you think i'm playacting, we all KNOW you're playacting. i've met people here who knows where i go to school and what i've done. you live alone on... neverland ranch was it? i'm ready to talk law friend. where are the cases? let's see what you have.
  • Options
    neighbors house on monday...your house on tuesday...if cops can't get there in 7 minutes, then you do what you gotta do instead of knowing letting something happen while you could do something about it!
    yep, that's the point I've been trying to make which everyone ignores while they go on with their silly name calling :rolleyes: Is this how lawyers win cases? :confused:

Also, like I've also said, it sounds like this guy had just had enough... that it wasn't the first time it happened. Jennytree, if you're still around this thread... did ya not feel sympathy for Padraig Nally? It could be something similar... it may not be but it sounds like this man had thought long and hard about what he'd do in this situation, which is something you normally only do if it weighs on your mind.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    yep, that's the point I've been trying to make which everyone ignores while they go on with their silly name calling :rolleyes: Is this how lawyers win cases? :confused:

Also, like I've also said, it sounds like this guy had just had enough... that it wasn't the first time it happened. Jennytree, if you're still around this thread... did ya not feel sympathy for Padraig Nally? It could be something similar... it may not be but it sounds like this man had thought long and hard about what he'd do in this situation, which is something you normally only do if it weighs on your mind.

not everyone helen. :)

you didnt think the justice system was actually about justice did you? tis about what can and can't be proven. at times right and wrong dont even come into it. lawyers are all about obfuscation. ;)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say