Options

Dramatic 911 call from right before shooting released

Comments

• Options
    not everyone helen. :)

you didnt think the justice system was actually about justice did you? tis about what can and can't be proven. at times right and wrong dont even come into it. lawyers are all about obfuscation. ;)
    A man today abused his stepson for years and got a SUSPENDED sentence. He admitted the crime, there was no doubt and yet he won't spend a second in jail :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    A man today abused his stepson for years and got a SUSPENDED sentence. He admitted the crime, there was no doubt and yet he won't spend a second in jail :confused:

we call that truth in sentencing over here. it sucks massive and has nothing to do with justice. why should you get off lighter just cause you admit to something you did.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    yep, that's the point I've been trying to make which everyone ignores while they go on with their silly name calling :rolleyes: Is this how lawyers win cases? :confused:

Also, like I've also said, it sounds like this guy had just had enough... that it wasn't the first time it happened. Jennytree, if you're still around this thread... did ya not feel sympathy for Padraig Nally? It could be something similar... it may not be but it sounds like this man had thought long and hard about what he'd do in this situation, which is something you normally only do if it weighs on your mind.

So this guy has had enough. All you bloodthirsty fucks on here answer the question that has already been asked but no one will touch: If this guy feels so compelled to shoot somebody, why not shoot them in the legs? Chances aer it will be hard for them to get away without making a trip to the hospital, not to mention the massive limp they will have impeding their movement until the cops arrive. And don't say the perps could have been armed, I'm pretty sure Mr. Tex Rough Justice would have said it on his phone instead of "move and your dead" bang bang.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    So this guy has had enough. All you bloodthirsty fucks on here answer the question that has already been asked but no one will touch: If this guy feels so compelled to shoot somebody, why not shoot them in the legs? Chances aer it will be hard for them to get away without making a trip to the hospital, not to mention the massive limp they will have impeding their movement until the cops arrive. And don't say the perps could have been armed, I'm pretty sure Mr. Tex Rough Justice would have said it on his phone instead of "move and your dead" bang bang.
    bloodthirsty fucks? :rolleyes: nice debate style you got going on there :o

You're missing the point... I couldn't care less about the thieves... they set out to knowingly ruin somebody elses lives... from that moment on, they're straight off of my sympathy radar. That man did the rest of us a favour as far as I can see... 2 more scum wasters off of the street.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    bloodthirsty fucks? :rolleyes: nice debate style you got going on there :o

You're missing the point... I couldn't care less about the thieves... they set out to knowingly ruin somebody elses lives... from that moment on, they're straight off of my sympathy radar. That man did the rest of us a favour as far as I can see... 2 more scum wasters off of the street.

I finally got to hear the tape (as my computer at work does not have speakers) and am even more mortified. It is seven minutes of the 911 operator telling this piece of shit to stay where he is and to not do anything. Takes law into his own hands and kills two people, and your response is 2 more scum wasters off of the street? Not only are you no better than the thiefs you're worse! Condoning murder for stolen goods does equate to bloodthirst, sorry if you see otherwise. How about answering my question? I guess that's your version of a debate style. Why not shoot them in the leg? Didn't think you had an answer for that. These guys were running away, at least the one that was still able to run prior to collapsing and dying. One part that does make sense after hearing the tape is why onelonesong feels so passionate about this. I didn't realize the perps were black. After the thread that was shutdown the other day with your hatred of blacks flowing through, this whole thread is starting to make more sense now.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    yep, that's the point I've been trying to make which everyone ignores while they go on with their silly name calling :rolleyes: Is this how lawyers win cases? :confused:

Also, like I've also said, it sounds like this guy had just had enough... that it wasn't the first time it happened. Jennytree, if you're still around this thread... did ya not feel sympathy for Padraig Nally? It could be something similar... it may not be but it sounds like this man had thought long and hard about what he'd do in this situation, which is something you normally only do if it weighs on your mind.

So because this guy felt he had enough or had been robbed before he now has the right to go out and mow down 2 thieves? Sounds like he has his own justice system.

So if I have enough of my girlfriend and she pisses me off to no end .....I can then take her out at my choosing? Well this world is changing for the worse.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    So if I have enough of my girlfriend and she pisses me off to no end .....I can then take her out at my choosing? Well this world is changing for the worse.

Peace

Look on the bright side. If your girlfriend becomes your wife this will apply to inlaws as well! Now there's someone you want to use this law on!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    mookie9999 wrote:

i answered that question way back.
    1) the legs are too small of a target. you'd have to hit the bone to really disable the guy.
    2) the proper target would be to shoot the pelvis. BUT; some bleeding heart jury awarded a prisoner money from someone that shot them while they were committing the crime.
    3) so; if you kill the criminal; the family can't come back and sue because he was in the commission of a felony.

**footnote:
    if it is found that horn wrongfully shot the criminals; the family can THEN sue for wrongful death.
  • Options
    i answered that question way back.
    1) the legs are too small of a target. you'd have to hit the bone to really disable the guy.
    2) the proper target would be to shoot the pelvis. BUT; some bleeding heart jury awarded a prisoner money from someone that shot them while they were committing the crime.
    3) so; if you kill the criminal; the family can't come back and sue because he was in the commission of a felony.

**footnote:
    if it is found that horn wrongfully shot the criminals; the family can THEN sue for wrongful death.

Hey Kojak, if you shoot the leg and do not disable the perps, chance are they will still have to go to a hospital. If they're breaking and entering into a house, chances are they aren't the Sopranos who have a private cash only doctor that will make a house call. Anyways, it is not his responsibility to act as lawman. This guy was ready to shoot to kill from moment one, and finished off what he had planned. As to this case your siting, my guess is that the guy who shot the perp in the pelvis probably was in the wrong, much like this jackass. Site the case if you want to clear any of this up.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Jennytree, if you're still around this thread... did ya not feel sympathy for Padraig Nally? It could be something similar... it may not be but it sounds like this man had thought long and hard about what he'd do in this situation, which is something you normally only do if it weighs on your mind.

Of course I felt sorry for him. Its a different case though, Padraigs house was constantly getting targetted by knackers, of course he had a right to protect HIS OWN property and this is why his conviction got quashed months after he was sent to jail.

Its different if he sat looking out his window, saw some dudes robbing his neighbours house, went out with a gun with the intention of causing injury to someone who was completely no threat to him, which by the looks of it is what Horn did. He was on a power trip, took the law into his own hands and murdered for no reason- end of.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I finally got to hear the tape (as my computer at work does not have speakers) and am even more mortified. It is seven minutes of the 911 operator telling this piece of shit to stay where he is and to not do anything. Takes law into his own hands and kills two people, and your response is 2 more scum wasters off of the street? Not only are you no better than the thiefs you're worse! Condoning murder for stolen goods does equate to bloodthirst, sorry if you see otherwise. How about answering my question? I guess that's your version of a debate style. Why not shoot them in the leg? Didn't think you had an answer for that. These guys were running away, at least the one that was still able to run prior to collapsing and dying. One part that does make sense after hearing the tape is why onelonesong feels so passionate about this. I didn't realize the perps were black. After the thread that was shutdown the other day with your hatred of blacks flowing through, this whole thread is starting to make more sense now.

do you have a comprehension or memory problem? if you go back to that thread and read; you will see that several times in that thread i noted that i was playing devils advocate and taking the exteeem side for the sake of debate. i also told the story of my black gf who wouldn't see me anymore because her family dissaproved of my being white. you will also read about how my neighbour is black and how close we are. if you read other threads; you'd notice a remark about how beautiful indian women are. although not black; they are not white.
    your remark is at best slanderous. if you have a personal problem with me; let's talk it over in the PMs. but slandering someone without basis is not nice and we're trying to keep the board friendly and nice; just like it was years sgo.
  • Options
    ...and we're trying to keep the board friendly and nice;

Must be my flaky,nutty, fruity California self coming through. Devils Advocate my ass. How about hypocrite?
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:

The more I read about this, the worse it gets... I noticed in a Houston Chronicle article the street/block this happened on and the 911 call he says the actual house number (7418 Timberline Drive Pasadena, TX)... if you look at it in google earth, it looks like a very tight suburban housing development where the houses are closer together than the width of a driveway... what the hell is he thinking firing three shots in a front yard during the afternoon in a dense housing development?

"Mr. Horn, do not go outside the house. You're going to get yourself shot if you go outside that house with a gun," the dispatcher told Horn at one point.

"You wanna make a bet," Horn responded. "I'm gonna kill them. They're gonna get away."

really sounds like he was in fear for his life :rolleyes:
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    do you have a comprehension or memory problem? if you go back to that thread and read; you will see that several times in that thread i noted that i was playing devils advocate and taking the exteeem side for the sake of debate. i also told the story of my black gf who wouldn't see me anymore because her family dissaproved of my being white. you will also read about how my neighbour is black and how close we are. if you read other threads; you'd notice a remark about how beautiful indian women are. although not black; they are not white.
    your remark is at best slanderous. if you have a personal problem with me; let's talk it over in the PMs. but slandering someone without basis is not nice and we're trying to keep the board friendly and nice; just like it was years sgo.

Devils advocate here?

"i have no peoblem using the word niggar for those who deserve it. if they don't like it; they can kiss my arse. maybe they'd prefer being called a mother f&^*#* because that's more accepted."

Or here?

i was walking down a hallway when 4 blacks; walking abreast; stopped for me to move out of their way. the problem was that this was after hours and all the doors down the hallway were locked. so i either had to walk back outside so these 4 people could pass; or bloody levitate to let them by. they deserved it. in fact; they deserved a lot more. they were looking for a fight and should have gotten one.

Oh wait! Here it is:

i'm playing devils advocate here and those that know me know what i'm doing. i've never called anyone niggar out loud in anger. i love everyone that shows they deserve it.

After reading that thread over I can't imagine where I would have derived the idea that you didn't like blacks. :rolleyes:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=4953960&postcount=12
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=4954062&postcount=28
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=4954234&postcount=40
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    No property is worth loss of life. None.

I listened to the tape....this was simply murder. Nothing more nothing less.

Watched the local news here in Houston (Pasadena's practically attached to Houston) and this story wasn't talked about..no where. Wonder why??
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Hey Kojak, if you shoot the leg and do not disable the perps, chance are they will still have to go to a hospital. If they're breaking and entering into a house, chances are they aren't the Sopranos who have a private cash only doctor that will make a house call. Anyways, it is not his responsibility to act as lawman. This guy was ready to shoot to kill from moment one, and finished off what he had planned. As to this case your siting, my guess is that the guy who shot the perp in the pelvis probably was in the wrong, much like this jackass. Site the case if you want to clear any of this up.

the "case" was told to the conceald weapons class. it was there that we were told to shoot to kill. never shoot to injure. and i'm sure you've seen several police shooting on the tele where 20 shots are fired and nobody is hit. i'm the only person i know that could make a leg shot. it's almost impossible to hit a moving target that small. i've got 40 years of practice.
    he was not acting as lawman. he thought he was within the law. he called 911 and they never told him it only applies to his own house. and; out west we do things differently. we ARE our brothers keepers. we watch out for eachother. we protect eachother. that's why we have the gun laws we have.
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    my hatred for blacks? :confused: that's new to me! And in my head the thieves were white... thieves are thieves as far as I can see... what I'd like to know is why you seem to be taking my OPINION so personally? You're not gonna change my mind... I couldn't give a fuck what happened to them! If it were me, Im sure i'd aim for the leg... it wasn't and I've no sympathy for them. So what?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    callen wrote:
    No property is worth loss of life. None.

I listened to the tape....this was simply murder. Nothing more nothing less.

Watched the local news here in Houston (Pasadena's practically attached to Houston) and this story wasn't talked about..no where. Wonder why??

because it's only a story here.
  • Options
    Also, like I've also said, it sounds like this guy had just had enough... that it wasn't the first time it happened.

He had enough? How is that justification for revenge or vigilante killings? What if you unknowingly cut someone off changing lanes on the highway and it was the third time that day that someone cut him off, and he just "had enough" and decided to run you off the road into a ditch? Is that ok because he has had enough?

Like I said before, I can understand wanting to take the law into your own hands if something brutal happened to someone that you were close to, but just because a few petty burglaries happened in his neighborhood, that gives him the right to kill people?
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    So because this guy felt he had enough or had been robbed before he now has the right to go out and mow down 2 thieves? Sounds like he has his own justice system.

Peace
    This thread isn't about nagging girlfriends or whatever other stupid stories you wanna equate to this kinda crime.

We're just not gonna agree on this anyway so what's the point?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    my hatred for blacks? :confused: that's new to me! And in my head the thieves were white... thieves are thieves as far as I can see... what I'd like to know is why you seem to be taking my OPINION so personally? You're not gonna change my mind... I couldn't give a fuck what happened to them! If it were me, Im sure i'd aim for the leg... it wasn't and I've no sympathy for them. So what?

Take a deep breath and reread. I wasn't referring to your hatred of blacks. I'm not taking your opinion personally. It's not all about you Helen. Take a look at my responses on this thread. I have responded to anyone who thought this was an acceptable notion (you know, shoot to kill petty thiefs), which includes you. Don't want to change anyones mind, just want to know who to stay the fuck away from. Peas and carrots.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    way to dodge my challenge. i'd gladly challenge you to your face and id ask if you have the balls to confront someone face to face without a gun in your hand tough guy. my parents don't give me a cent, i've got government loans friend... thanks for paying for my juris doctor, mr. billionaire taxpayer. ;)

so... how bout them cases? citations? or... can you not manage that? cmon man, you think i'm playacting, we all KNOW you're playacting. i've met people here who knows where i go to school and what i've done. you live alone on... neverland ranch was it? i'm ready to talk law friend. where are the cases? let's see what you have.

you're here all the time. i figure you're some drop out blowing smoke. i'd love to have a battle of wits but i refuse to do it with an unarmed man.

i'm retired.
  • Options
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    This thread isn't about nagging girlfriends or whatever other stupid stories you wanna equate to this kinda crime.

and mook, you had this in your reply to ME:

'with your hatred of blacks flowing through, this whole thread is starting to make more sense now'

Hardly egotistical to assume you'd be talking about me then so is it? :rolleyes:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    the "case" was told to the conceald weapons class. it was there that we were told to shoot to kill. never shoot to injure. and i'm sure you've seen several police shooting on the tele where 20 shots are fired and nobody is hit. i'm the only person i know that could make a leg shot. it's almost impossible to hit a moving target that small. i've got 40 years of practice.
    he was not acting as lawman. he thought he was within the law. he called 911 and they never told him it only applies to his own house. and; out west we do things differently. we ARE our brothers keepers. we watch out for eachother. we protect eachother. that's why we have the gun laws we have.

Oh, gun toting fanatics told you to shoot to kill, big surprise there. Actually, not sure about Texas, but here in NYC the police seem to be really good at taking out perps when they fire 20 times. They usually hit them around 6-10 with fatal results. Especially if the perp is carrying a comb!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options

'with your hatred of blacks flowing through, this whole thread is starting to make more sense now'

Hardly egotistical to assume you'd be talking about me then so is it? :rolleyes:

If there was any confusion, it's safe to assume that me posting quotes from that thread by onelongsong should have cleared up your fears. Guess not.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    If there was any confusion, it's safe to assume that me posting quotes from that thread by onelongsong should have cleared up your fears. Guess not.
    fears? :D nah, well it's cleared up now... maybe just be a little clearer in the future when you quote somebody and then talk about somebody else :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options

you are so right helen. we go through several senareos before even carrying a gun. WHAT WOULD WE DO IF............... my neighbour was on vacation and i agreed to watch his house. when i saw lights on; i went there with 2 guns; and investigated what was going on. i could have called the sheriff; waited the 3 to 5 hours to find us; and had them discover that the dog laid up against the automatic timer and turned the light on. i was in charge of his house which constitutes embailment. i had the legal obligation to return his home in the same condition it was left to me in; save normal wear and tear.
    i've never heard of a court enforcing that when a crime has been committed; but it's still on the books. i've also practiced reaching for my wallet but instead draw my gun. it is well thought out and it is practiced. the bloke didn't go out and buy a gun; then leave it in a drawer until he needed it; instead he practiced and evidently very well. he did what most cops can't and hit a moving target with a tiny bullet.
  • Options

the thread isn't about gf (she wasn't nagging; in fact she was wonderful); but when someone makes a slanderous statement; i have a right to defend myself. THAT FITS IN THIS THREAD. i was wrongfully attacked publicly and i defended myself publicly.
  • Options
    He had enough? How is that justification for revenge or vigilante killings? What if you unknowingly cut someone off changing lanes on the highway and it was the third time that day that someone cut him off, and he just "had enough" and decided to run you off the road into a ditch? Is that ok because he has had enough?

Like I said before, I can understand wanting to take the law into your own hands if something brutal happened to someone that you were close to, but just because a few petty burglaries happened in his neighborhood, that gives him the right to kill people?

sounds like people here have rewritten that law to include cutting people off in traffic. par for this board.
    if you don't commit crimes; this really doesn't concern you. you don't get this worked up over those who do drive-bys or kill innocent people; you only worry about the innocent that kill criminals.
  • Options
    sounds like people here have rewritten that law to include cutting people off in traffic. par for this board.
    if you don't commit crimes; this really doesn't concern you. you don't get this worked up over those who do drive-bys or kill innocent people; you only worry about the innocent that kill criminals.

Helen justified him shooting the burglars because he "had enough".... the HUGE problem with that is that we all have different levels where we've had enough... for this guy it was two guys breaking into his neighbors house, for me it would take more than that, for some people it may only take getting cut off in traffic or a kid stealing a pack of gum at the store...

We live in a society of laws that protect not only the victims, but the perpetrators... If we didn't have that system, then everyone becomes judge and jury and basically go into anarchy.

If a family member of one of these burglars is pissed off enough that this guy (Horn) killed someone they loved, would they be justified in killing Horn? You might say "no" because they committed the crime of burglary, but lets just say that Horn is charged and convicted of manslaughter... can Diego Ortiz's brother now kill Horn because he committed a crime?
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln