Options

Dramatic 911 call from right before shooting released

Comments

• Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    we're taught to disable someone you shoot their pelvis. the leg is too small of a target. when you're not shooting center mass to kill; the pelvis is the second choice.

then why didn't he do it eh? he was trained well enough to double tap but called in sick on pelvis day or something?
  • Options
    onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    you obviously have never even been inside a law school. it's called burden shifting. you make an utterly ridiculous and untenable contention, people rebut it by exposing how unreasonable and unworkable it is, then the onus is on you to provide logical or evidentiary support for your contention (i'm sorry, you probly don't know what onus means, it means burden), which it would then be up to the opposition to refute again or accept the contention.

THIS IS NOT A LAW SCHOOL DEBATE. this is a message board and a discussion between people from everywhere. if you want a debate following the rules of debate; i'll get you some links and you can go there.
    you are utterly incapable of doing this. you're like a 7th grader. you make a wild accusation, then someone calls you on it, and you ignore it, change the subject and talk about something different. the fact that you've got one friend whose life was ruined by a false accusation of burglary is not evidence that it is ok to gun someone down for robbing a house next door. not legally or morally.

tell me what i ignored and we'll address it now. (when i'm done feeding my animals)
    good samaritan laws require that if someone is capable of assisting someone whose life is in danger without risk to themselves, then they must give aid. a doctor cannot walk by a man choking and ignore him. a lifeguard can't keep tanning while someone is drowning. but a guy walking out of a someone's house with some trinkets does not mean the neighbor has to come outside and shoot him to death on the front lawn.

and that's what i said.
  • Options
    THIS IS NOT A LAW SCHOOL DEBATE. this is a message board and a discussion between people from everywhere. if you want a debate following the rules of debate; i'll get you some links and you can go there.

tell me what i ignored and we'll address it now. (when i'm done feeding my animals)

and that's what i said.

no, it isn't what you said. you said the good samaritan law meant this guy had to go outside and kill 2 people to protect his neighbor's dvd player.

you've yet to explain how someone going to jail for theft is as bad a fate as them being dead aside from your bullshit story about your poor framed friend whose life was ruined by a conviction. no shit sherlock. but if it were so damn bad, why didn't he commit suicide? nor have you told me what message you were sending by murdering the guy who informed on him and how that was justified.
  • Options
    move to iran. they're good about that. they'll even lash you for getting raped. but, ya know, you gotta give up a few rights to be safe i guess.
    how does that go along with my opinion? My opinion is that anybody who hurts somebody physically or even financially or mentally. Well I'm kind of of the vigilante persuasion... it's pretty obvious by your chosen profession that we're not going to agree on this anyway. You're quoting laws... it's my opinion that certain laws should not be followed. I know it's a more extreme case but if someone rapes your sister are you the kind to wait for 'justice' to be done? Or would you rather swift and a more fair form of justice?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    then why didn't he do it eh? he was trained well enough to double tap but called in sick on pelvis day or something?

did he know if the criminals were armed or not?
    i don't know if he was trained. i use we as meaning those who take the CCW class in arizona. i explained that earlier. he was wise not to take the risk. home invasion is considered a ruthless crime by the law and carries a 15 to 20 year sentence. thus the new clarification as mentioned in the link.
    the criminals were given the chance to stand still and not get shot. it was on the 911 tape. horn was prepared to hold the criminals until the police arrived. if not; he wouldn't have said "move and you die".

i think it's best if you stay back east. you can't seem to comprehend our style of justice.
  • Options
    how does that go along with my opinion? My opinion is that anybody who hurts somebody physically or even financially or mentally. Well I'm kind of of the vigilante persuasion... it's pretty obvious by your chosen profession that we're not going to agree on this anyway. You're quoting laws... it's my opinion that certain laws should not be followed. I know it's a more extreme case but if someone rapes your sister are you the kind to wait for 'justice' to be done? Or would you rather swift and a more fair form of justice?

i dont have a sister, but if i walked in on someone raping her i'd shoot them. her life is in danger. i'd not shoot them if i saw them leaving her house with her stereo. on the flipside, if my sister got raped and they thought they found the guy, i'd want a trial to find out. this is not the same scenario. the police were on their way and on the phone with the guy and told him not to shoot them. instead, he walked outside and gunned them down, not becos he thought anyone was in danger, but becos he thought they were getting away.

what about my scenario? onelongsong and i were having a heated debate, then he said he had to run. maybe he went to hurt my family. am i allowed to kill him just in case?
  • Options
    did he know if the criminals were armed or not?
    i don't know if he was trained. i use we as meaning those who take the CCW class in arizona. i explained that earlier. he was wise not to take the risk. home invasion is considered a ruthless crime by the law and carries a 15 to 20 year sentence. thus the new clarification as mentioned in the link.
    the criminals were given the chance to stand still and not get shot. it was on the 911 tape. horn was prepared to hold the criminals until the police arrived. if not; he wouldn't have said "move and you die".

i think it's best if you stay back east. you can't seem to comprehend our style of justice.

i can't comprehend the ignorance of your machismo is the problem. he had the drop on the guys. i thought they had their hands full of stolen goods? unless he's up againt billy the fuckin kid, he could have killed them if they went for guns. no need to do it upfront.

you never responded to my hypothetical. should i come out there and kill you becos you suddenly had to run last night and i thought maybe you were a threat to me or my family?

oh yeah, what message did you send by murdering your buddy's informer? or have you realized you're talking empty shit and trying to disown it, hoping i'll forget like you always do? or are you realizing you've got no justification for it? careful with your morphine bud, we'd hate for the same fate to befall you... karma can be a bitch.
  • Options
    i dont have a sister, but if i walked in on someone raping her i'd shoot them. her life is in danger. i'd not shoot them if i saw them leaving her house with her stereo. on the flipside, if my sister got raped and they thought they found the guy, i'd want a trial to find out. this is not the same scenario. the police were on their way and on the phone with the guy and told him not to shoot them. instead, he walked outside and gunned them down, not becos he thought anyone was in danger, but becos he thought they were getting away.

what about my scenario? onelongsong and i were having a heated debate, then he said he had to run. maybe he went to hurt my family. am i allowed to kill him just in case?
    well if you catch him in your house with a bag full of your stuff then, by all means :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    no, it isn't what you said. you said the good samaritan law meant this guy had to go outside and kill 2 people to protect his neighbor's dvd player.

you've yet to explain how someone going to jail for theft is as bad a fate as them being dead aside from your bullshit story about your poor framed friend whose life was ruined by a conviction. no shit sherlock. but if it were so damn bad, why didn't he commit suicide? nor have you told me what message you were sending by murdering the guy who informed on him and how that was justified.

prove it. plain and simple. you're misquoting me so go back and prove where i said that. me thinks you have a comprehension problem. either that or you like to misquote me trying to get a rise out of me.

at the time; i lived near chicago. if you hurt me; you also hurt about a dozen other guys. the police wouldn't act so we did. one bloke was with the hells henchmen so we were always protected. greg wanted to send this message. i never once said it was justified. in fact; i wish he never told me about it. it was his death bed confession. that and other things. what he did was murder. the streets of chicago are a tough place. we did what we had to to survive. that incident was uncalled for. he should've just beat the guy. my friend was unbeaten when he boxed golden gloves. i've seen him take down some big guys with 1 punch.
    the message was that you don't mess with us. i told you before.
  • Options
    well if you catch him in your house with a bag full of your stuff then, by all means :)

what do you think of iranian sharia law? is it ok to chop the hands off shoplifters?
  • Options
    prove it. plain and simple. you're misquoting me so go back and prove where i said that. me thinks you have a comprehension problem. either that or you like to misquote me trying to get a rise out of me.

at the time; i lived near chicago. if you hurt me; you also hurt about a dozen other guys. the police wouldn't act so we did. one bloke was with the hells henchmen so we were always protected. greg wanted to send this message. i never once said it was justified. in fact; i wish he never told me about it. it was his death bed confession. that and other things. what he did was murder. the streets of chicago are a tough place. we did what we had to to survive. that incident was uncalled for. he should've just beat the guy. my friend was unbeaten when he boxed golden gloves. i've seen him take down some big guys with 1 punch.
    the message was that you don't mess with us. i told you before.

as i suspected. nothing but a two-bit thug. your buddy got what he deserved when he went to prison. hopefully you will too.

you said this:
    "so in short; you're taught to enable the criminals. this reminds me of a story where a woman was raped in an alley and nobody acted to help her although many people heard her screams. we now have laws that you are legally required to provide aid. i believe it's called the GOOD SAMARITAN LAW. i'll have to look it up but i can't do it today."
    mentioned in the context of this discussion, what did you mean by it other than that this was required to provide aid by shooting these guys?
  • Options
    what do you think of iranian sharia law? is it ok to chop the hands off shoplifters?
    I'm not completely against it under certain circumstances... much like castration isn't a bad idea for repeat rapists.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    as i suspected. nothing but a two-bit thug. your buddy got what he deserved when he went to prison. hopefully you will too.

you said this:
    "so in short; you're taught to enable the criminals. this reminds me of a story where a woman was raped in an alley and nobody acted to help her although many people heard her screams. we now have laws that you are legally required to provide aid. i believe it's called the GOOD SAMARITAN LAW. i'll have to look it up but i can't do it today."
    mentioned in the context of this discussion, what did you mean by it other than that this was required to provide aid by shooting these guys?

i meant that the idots in the apartments should have called the police. NYC has strict gun laws and NY doesn't have a CCW program. it would have been illegal for ANYONE to interviene with a firearm.

you need to use some common sense here. instead of reading something into what i wrote then subsequently misquoting me; all you had to do was ask what i meant. it's that simple. if you walk away from a crime; how is that NOT enabling the criminals? if i knew everyone in your town would just walk away; and if i were a criminal; i'd have a hayday in your town. the same as when some illinois suburbs banned guns within city limits. the crime rate sored.
  • Options
    I'm not completely against it under certain circumstances... much like castration isn't a bad idea for repeat rapists.

i agree with you. if we're not going to do anything about crime; just admitt it and learn to live with it. look at the per capita shoplifting rate in iran as compared to the us. when a system works; it should be used. i say castrate repeat sex offenders too. i became close with several rape victims when i worked with abused kids. their lives are never the same. if you walk away; you're giving that rapist the right to destroy an innocent persons life.
    my dad wasn't home when his house was robbed. it's been almost 30 years and he's still not the same. it's easy for people who were never victims of crimes to side with the criminal. and maybe that's what it comes down to.
  • Options
    i agree with you. if we're not going to do anything about crime; just admitt it and learn to live with it. look at the per capita shoplifting rate in iran as compared to the us. when a system works; it should be used. i say castrate repeat sex offenders too. i became close with several rape victims when i worked with abused kids. their lives are never the same. if you walk away; you're giving that rapist the right to destroy an innocent persons life.
    my dad wasn't home when his house was robbed. it's been almost 30 years and he's still not the same. it's easy for people who were never victims of crimes to side with the criminal. and maybe that's what it comes down to.
    Yep, we give criminals WAY too many rights these days... if that burglar had fallen and hurt himself, he'd be able to rob even more from the neighbour. It's getting beyond control. Now soulsinging, I understand if we take the law into our own hands it's taking money from yours... and I'm sorry about that... but I'd rather my own kinda justice. I would favour a law where the victim decides the punishment.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    it's my opinion that certain laws should not be followed. I know it's a more extreme case but if someone rapes your sister are you the kind to wait for 'justice' to be done? Or would you rather swift and a more fair form of justice?

but we're not talking about someone raping a loved one... of course the vast majority of us would either go into vigilante mode or think about going into vigilante mode... but someone stealing your neighbor's DVD player is worth the same vigilantism as someone raping somebody???? The guy goes outside, gets a good look or even a picture of the guys and the police can handle it, and the neighbors file a claim with their home owner's policy... No one has to die over it.

Who knows what exactly happened, or even if they guys even moved... for al we know they could have dropped the bag and put their hands up and were shot anyway...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    but we're not talking about someone raping a loved one... of course the vast majority of us would either go into vigilante mode or think about going into vigilante mode... but someone stealing your neighbor's DVD player is worth the same vigilantism as someone raping somebody???? The guy goes outside, gets a good look or even a picture of the guys and the police can handle it, and the neighbors file a claim with their home owner's policy... No one has to die over it.

Who knows what exactly happened, or even if they guys even moved... for al we know they could have dropped the bag and put their hands up and were shot anyway...
    But that's what I've been saying... we DON'T know! He sounds like the guy over here in Ireland who had been terrorised for long enough by thieves and had just simply had enough. Perhaps this neighbourhood was like that. The average neighbour would NOT go that far for you... so there must be more to the story. It sounds like this guy had every angle covered and had thought long and hard about it... you don't tend to plan what you're going to do in this situation unless it's something that's on your mind.

The police weren't gonna come on time... how many of us know of robbery stories? Now how many of those robbery stories have been solved? I'd say very few... police generally don't bother with stuff like that... they rarely even take prints from the cases I know about! I had my phone stolen once, I did some detective work, found out the guys name and where the police could find him AND a witness... do ya think I heard anything back? Nope. Now I know they have better things to be doing... but at the same time, if you're not gonna do anything about petty crime, you're clearing the way for much bigger crime. And if people get to the end of the tethers about police telling them they'll 'be in touch' sometimes it just gets to the stage where you think why bother?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    and I'm sorry about that... but I'd rather my own kinda justice. I would favour a law where the victim decides the punishment.

Great decision. Nothing like a little anarchy and murder to make up for lost goods. :rolleyes:
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Great decision. Nothing like a little anarchy and murder to make up for lost goods. :rolleyes:
    :) exactly! Well why should other people get to decide? Eh? Crime's done on me, I should pick the punishment... you'd be surprised how lenient I could be but I'd come up with something inventive to let the thief know exactly how much trouble he's caused.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    it's easy for people who were never victims of crimes to side with the criminal. and maybe that's what it comes down to.

My cousin was kidnapped and murdered by a serial killer in 1984. I am not siding with the criminal you twat. The criminal should be punished to the full extent of the law for the crime that was committed. I've never seen (here in the states) murder/death penalty being issued for petty theft. Even the bible toting fucks who want an eye for an eye can't back up the itchy trigger finger defense that you want to back up this "good samritan" with.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    you'd be surprised how lenient I could be but I'd come up with something inventive to let the thief know exactly how much trouble he's caused.

Therein lies the problem. Your leniency would have no bearings on what your neighbors idea of punishment might be. Once, as a child I asked my mom for a pack of life savers. She said no. I never put them back on the shelf and walked out with them. Once my mom realized this she sent me back in to explain what I had done and to return the item and apologize. Guess I'm lucky the store manager was feeling nice that day or else I could've taken one to the temple under Helen's rough justice.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Therein lies the problem. Your leniency would have no bearings on what your neighbors idea of punishment might be. Once, as a child I asked my mom for a pack of life savers. She said no. I never put them back on the shelf and walked out with them. Once my mom realized this she sent me back in to explain what I had done and to return the item and apologize. Guess I'm lucky the store manager was feeling nice that day or else I could've taken one to the temple under Helen's rough justice.

yes, if the store manager had felt like it, should he have been allowed to execute you on the spot for the crime? i mean, hey, it's up to the victim right?
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    My cousin was kidnapped and murdered by a serial killer in 1984. I am not siding with the criminal you twat. The criminal should be punished to the full extent of the law for the crime that was committed. I've never seen (here in the states) murder/death penalty being issued for petty theft. Even the bible toting fucks who want an eye for an eye can't back up the itchy trigger finger defense that you want to back up this "good samritan" with.
    the law and 'justice' handed out just never seems to make sense to me. I mean there seems to be more thought put into how a jail sentence would affect the CRIMINAL than the harm he/she actually did. I read about so many brutal rape cases where, cos it's his first offense or cos he's 'really sorry' or whatever, that he gets a lighter sentence :confused: should something like that not be decided by the victim? It's getting to the stage here where judges are even complaining about victim impact reports and saying we should get rid of them :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options

ive been the criminal. i was able to turn my life around. sometimes people make mistakes or poor decisions. it does not mean they deserve to die.
  • Options
    the law and 'justice' handed out just never seems to make sense to me. I mean there seems to be more thought put into how a jail sentence would affect the CRIMINAL than the harm he/she actually did. I read about so many brutal rape cases where, cos it's his first offense or cos he's 'really sorry' or whatever, that he gets a lighter sentence :confused: should something like that not be decided by the victim? It's getting to the stage here where judges are even complaining about victim impact reports and saying we should get rid of them :eek:

so if someone steals me lunch when i toss it in the fridge at school, i should be allowed to shoot them in the head if i found out who did it? i take my lunches very seriously. they stole it from me. and the punishment is up to me, right?
  • Options
    i meant that the idots in the apartments should have called the police. NYC has strict gun laws and NY doesn't have a CCW program. it would have been illegal for ANYONE to interviene with a firearm.

you need to use some common sense here. instead of reading something into what i wrote then subsequently misquoting me; all you had to do was ask what i meant. it's that simple. if you walk away from a crime; how is that NOT enabling the criminals? if i knew everyone in your town would just walk away; and if i were a criminal; i'd have a hayday in your town. the same as when some illinois suburbs banned guns within city limits. the crime rate sored.

becos nobody is advocating walking away. the dude had called the police and could identify the culprits. the point is, we have systems in place to deal with crime. they are not perfect. but they certainly seem preferable to allowing joe citizen to kill anyone they think might have broken a law without repercussion. why have police at all then?
  • Options
    so if someone steals me lunch when i toss it in the fridge at school, i should be allowed to shoot them in the head if i found out who did it? i take my lunches very seriously. they stole it from me. and the punishment is up to me, right?

If you had lox that day then, of course! That shit is expensive. If it was only turkey I think a beating to within an inch of their life would have been appropriate.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    some of the thoughts and potential actions expressed in this thread scare the living shit out of me.....
  • Options
    becos nobody is advocating walking away. the dude had called the police and could identify the culprits. the point is, we have systems in place to deal with crime. they are not perfect. but they certainly seem preferable to allowing joe citizen to kill anyone they think might have broken a law without repercussion. why have police at all then?

i just happen to agree with the law in this case. you happen to disagree with it. i'm not trying to change your opinion. instead i respect it.

we have police for clean up. criminals don't commit crimes in the presence of the police. the law doesn't say you can shoot anybody; it says in instances where your life is threatened OR someone elses; or in cases of home invasion; you can use deadly force.

why try to make things complicated?
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    some of the thoughts and potential actions expressed in this thread scare the living shit out of me.....

if you're not a criminal; it shouldn't.