Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
edited June 2010 in The Porch
After corresponding with Barry at Ames/ bigpop,
he was rather ambiguous and mysterious.
For the upcoming tour, he
told me

" there is no word on Ames doing posters for pearl jam "
2x

they can always change their mind, or maybe just didnt want to throw me a bone, but who knows. The work from Klausen is brilliant, but
it would also be cool to see Pearl Jam revert back to other artists for a change, like Kozik, Emek, Sutton, or maybe even Firehouse.
It would also be nice to get a poster option when buying tickets for shows thru 10c.( i usually get shut out at the shows) but i guess thats asking too much -however-- i am grateful for the tickets & everything else you do for us-

thanks 10C .!
For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
platessmall.jpg
ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
http://www.UNOS.org
Donate Organs and Save a Life
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i'm kinda liking this idea,,,, YO 10c call up frank and get him back on the payroll,, i need another sweet one to hang on my wall.
  • Options
    a little late night bump, to keep some hope alive
  • Options
    I've talked to Ames just before past tours, and they are always ambiguous about whether they will be doing posters. I think I even talked to them just a couple weeks before the start of one tour, and they still wouldn't say anything. I would be surprised if they didn't do the vast majority of the posters for this tour. It would still be cool to see some other artists get their work in though.
  • Options
    DukeMDukeM Los Angeles Posts: 25
    Some neat poster, some crappy posters. Their service sucks. Check their web site often and cross your fingers. Maybe you'll get lucky.
    Also, I agree PJ should support other artists, too.
    Michael in Los Angeles
    First Show was 1995
    I've lost count of how many afterwards.
    Memorable funny show moments: The Halloween show with the whole band dressed as The Villiage People including Mike in assless chaps doing Yellow Ledbetter; Ed forgetting the words to "Betterman" in Vegas.
    Ed looking upwards at the the giant cables coming to the center in old Forum (circular building) in LA and saying it looked like the worlds biggest asshole, just like Dick Cheney. :-)
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    There are many other wicked artists I would love to see do posters this tour. Klausen,Hampton ,Emek, Jermaine, Slater, Tara Mcpherson.

Mixing up the the artists would keep things fresh !
  • Options
    Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    Do local artists do local posters?

Ie i'd love a young aussie to have a crack at the posters here, we might get RADELAIDE one!
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • Options
    DanBse4DanBse4 Posts: 30
    I'd definitely go ask Derek Hess. (http://www.derekhess.com)
    He did a P.J poster yeeeears ago, and his artwork rules. Also with the feel of the new material I think his style would complement perectly.
  • Options
    DanBse4 wrote:
    I'd definitely go ask Derek Hess. (http://www.derekhess.com)
    He did a P.J poster yeeeears ago, and his artwork rules. Also with the feel of the new material I think his style would complement perectly.
    I totally agree i love his work. I recently picked up a few Hess posters-Pearl Jam,Pavement,NIN,Killdozer all great art/unique!!
  • Options
    if it's true, i won't miss ames at all. they were the shit back in the day but their stuff started going downhill in 2000. and their canada 05 posters blew. i'm digging a lot of klausen's work. but i ain't no poster afficionado. just know what i like.
    Give way to nature ...
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Sure Ames hasnt been doing alot of 4 and 5 color posters lately but lets not forget that Brad brought us the infamous NEOCONS set. The the thought was great. It sure isnt office material.

Besides fam is fam and Big Pop is fam.
  • Options
    if it's true, i won't miss ames at all. they were the shit back in the day but their stuff started going downhill in 2000. and their canada 05 posters blew. i'm digging a lot of klausen's work. but i ain't no poster afficionado. just know what i like.

never have figured out what ames was tring to do with that 2000 run, except for the coveted stockholm poster.

it would be nice to get some old or new faces back in the game.
  • Options
    seems to be a repeating theme

bring back emek!
    & firehouse !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    seems to be a repeating theme

bring back emek!
    & firehouse !

i'd be down for that. and estrada. nobody ever mentions him. he might not be hess or emek but i liked a lot of his stuff.
    Give way to nature ...
  • Options

Im with you on this,Im glad i didnt pre-order the Canada ones.
  • Options
    itd still be nice to get the option when ordering our fanclub tickets
    as previosuly posted im thankful to the 10C
    and of course PJ
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    shaunmcmshaunmcm Posts: 20
    klausen's way better than ames. ames canada's pretty much sucked.
  • Options
    BrushdailyBrushdaily Marin County Posts: 184
    Can Klausen handle the whole world tour by himself...I don't think so. I'll miss Ames even after the Canadian crap. But wow wouldn't it be great to get some fresh blood in the mix. Emek, Kozik let's see what you got?
  • Options
    still nothing on the bigpop website.
    maybe it will be an overnight, abrupt decision- with possibly no announcement beforehand.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    still nothing on the bigpop website.
    maybe it will be an overnight, abrupt decision- with possibly no announcement beforehand.
    wait... im not familiar with how this all works... didnt start collecting posters til after the riot act tour... do they presell the posters on the website or make an announcement or something?...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    For the 05 Canadian Tour, Ames Brothers ( http://www.bigpopposters.com) offered a presale of the first run prints, signed and numbered, but you had to buy the ENTIRE set all at once, and without seeing the posters/designs prior to the sale.
    I forgot the entire set price- ( it had to be a few hundred )- but they offered "extra goodies " , ( maybe someone who pre-purchased knows the details on these items ) I know they offered a limited edition Wayne Gretzky print.

On previous tours, I believe they did a single- poster-at-a-time presale , ( like for the 2000 tour i believe ) also signed and numbered .

These guys are also always tight lipped and quiet about the sales.

hope this helps
    Good Luck
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    bumped up for the love of posters
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    For the 05 Canadian Tour, Ames Brothers ( http://www.bigpopposters.com) offered a presale of the first run prints, signed and numbered, but you had to buy the ENTIRE set all at once, and without seeing the posters/designs prior to the sale.
    I forgot the entire set price- ( it had to be a few hundred )- but they offered "extra goodies " , ( maybe someone who pre-purchased knows the details on these items ) I know they offered a limited edition Wayne Gretzky print.

On previous tours, I believe they did a single- poster-at-a-time presale , ( like for the 2000 tour i believe ) also signed and numbered .

These guys are also always tight lipped and quiet about the sales.

hope this helps
    Good Luck

what would you think about limiting the print runs, i.e. the 98 run, you think everyone would just piss and moan? or do you think it could bring back the uniqueness of owning a poster that only had 300 or 400 printed?
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    what would you think about limiting the print runs, i.e. the 98 run, you think everyone would just piss and moan? or do you think it could bring back the uniqueness of owning a poster that only had 300 or 400 printed?

i think limiting the print runs is a good idea like they once did..i also like the idea that fan club members should get a first crack at these,maybe not when you buy tickets cause some people who live on the west coast may not be able to make it to the east cost and so on...and no matter what they do just like how they are doing the tickets there will allways be those ungrateful people who will bitch,bitch,bitch and moan... the ticket pre sale is a THANK YOU to all the fans and yet people are BITCHING about this or that..let it go people...PEARL JAM AND THE 10CLUB are working to the bone to help us out and i think they are doing a great job...keep up the great work...PEACE

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options

word!

what he typed !
    ;)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    i think limiting the print runs is a good idea like they once did..i also like the idea that fan club members should get a first crack at these,maybe not when you buy tickets cause some people who live on the west coast may not be able to make it to the east cost and so on...and no matter what they do just like how they are doing the tickets there will allways be those ungrateful people who will bitch,bitch,bitch and moan... the ticket pre sale is a THANK YOU to all the fans and yet people are BITCHING about this or that..let it go people...PEARL JAM AND THE 10CLUB are working to the bone to help us out and i think they are doing a great job...keep up the great work...PEACE

this needs to stay at the top page for all to read!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

definitely agree !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    print mafia
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

keep this going...need all to read

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

keep this going need all to read!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

PLEASE READ PEOPLE.PEACE OUT

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2