Options

Posters 06 World Tour

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    how'd all my poster peeps make out over at methane today? :eek:

im hoping my order went thru- i received a receipt from paypal, but not from methane :( .....( yet )

and still no word from ames and or klausen.:cool:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    I just received an e-mail from mark over @ Methane Studios

He thanked me and said it will ship next week !
    Yesssssssss!

I'm sure there will be the more traditional, venue / city-specific editions as well, no ?
    Still no word from Klausen and nothing from the Ames mailing lists- yet ! I hope i'm around when the word comes down so i dont get shut out and they all sell out- just like these methane editions did earlier today.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    nobody at all?

:confused:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    CaptainSpaz91CaptainSpaz91 Posts: 266
    I hope they come out with specific posters too Bath! Keep me posted I missed this thread, now that NYR is out we should have more time to focus on posters haha
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • Options
    mulder11mulder11 Macomb, MI Posts: 75
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    nobody at all?

I got one early this morning.
  • Options
    benJAMinbenJAMin Posts: 257
    Got a confirmation email around 5pm thanking me for my order as well, although it stated that I should allow 2-3 weeks for delivery. Can't wait!
    the palms, in the breeze, still blow green
    and the waves in the sea still absolute blue
  • Options
    i got idi got id Posts: 862
    just got my confirmation e-mail a little bit ago...
  • Options
    Thanks for you order,
    Please allow 2-3 weeks delivery. PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ANY QUESTIONS OR
    RESPONSES we're trying to get caught up on hundreds of emails. Thanks for
    your patience.

Sincerely,

Methane Studios, inc.
    Mark McDevitt

they must be over-ridden with inquiries. I'm really thankful i got mine.
    And I also hope Ames or Klausen ( or some other artists ) are comissioned to do venue / city specific posters again this time around !

gotta love the tour poster madness ! :eek:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    hip_n_jamhip_n_jam Posts: 220
    I got hosed on this one.

Anyone got an extra they wanna part with????
  • Options
    bacojbacoj Posts: 120
    I got the shaft from methane too. I even inquired/ordered by like 10am. If anyone has an extra (I know some of you do, there was a limit of 2) name your price + shipping. Please help. Must have this poster and I feel like I took it the rear this one. Thanks
    mmmmm, it does go well with the chicken.....delicious again peter

E. Troy 98, E. Lansing 98, Barrie 98, Hartford 98, Noblesville 00, Detroit 00, E. Troy 00, Champaign 03, Detroit 03 x 2, Grand Rapids 06, Detroit 06, EV Milwaukee 08, SLC 09, Missoula 12
  • Options
    hip_n_jam wrote:
    I got hosed on this one.

Anyone got an extra they wanna part with????

so sorry to hear that you got hosed hip_n_jam, you were equally diligent on looking around and keeping up the poster thread!

Hopefully, more will surface around, possibly thru the 10C .
    Unfortunately I only ordered myself 1 .
    I hate to hear the stories floating around that these were on eBay already for upwards of 130 duckets !
    That just sucks.
    I am wondering why they allowed people to order 2 at a time- isnt that just asking for turn-over on eBay ? I dont know,....

I'll keep updating this thread if any news comes in anywhere from the poster world- as I am sure you all will also .

Best Of Luck, Fellas !
    cheers !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    denverfandenverfan Posts: 218
    Nice thread, I've enjoyed reading the posts. Honestly I could care less who does the artwork, just as long as the theme for the new albums artwork doesn't continue into the tour posters...That artwork is giving me nightmares! My kids took a look and freaked, my new threat of punishment for my kids when they step out of line is "quit or you'll be spending time in the corner with this cd case!!!!" Although after this threat, this is the best they've behaved in a long time?
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

Whisky Drinker, Non-Hunter from Denver.
  • Options
    CaptainSpaz91CaptainSpaz91 Posts: 266
    bump this for any new info
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • Options
    dd.dd. Posts: 15
    got one...ordered at 9:50. Sent 57.50 on a whim. I think methane sorted through the emails looking for the highest bidders who ordered before 10:00. Buddy of mine ordered before me, sent 37.50 and got the heave...
  • Options
    denverfan wrote:
    Nice thread, I've enjoyed reading the posts. Honestly I could care less who does the artwork, just as long as the theme for the new albums artwork doesn't continue into the tour posters...That artwork is giving me nightmares! My kids took a look and freaked, my new threat of punishment for my kids when they step out of line is "quit or you'll be spending time in the corner with this cd case!!!!" Although after this threat, this is the best they've behaved in a long time?

LOL !
    Funny stuff !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    dd. wrote:
    got one...ordered at 9:50. Sent 57.50 on a whim. I think methane sorted through the emails looking for the highest bidders who ordered before 10:00. Buddy of mine ordered before me, sent 37.50 and got the heave...

welcome to the pit !
    57.50 = for 1 ?

?

from what they had said, 58.50 was for 2

something sounds fishy
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Good to be here.

Hey in the midst of tour poster mania, if you got to throw a little extra cheese into the deal...

At the end of the day an extra 20 to increase the likelihood of getting a hype poster is not such a big deal, especially when there are rumours of this poster on ebay for $150.
  • Options
    dd. wrote:
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Good to be here.

Hey in the midst of tour poster mania, if you got to throw a little extra cheese into the deal...

At the end of the day an extra 20 to increase the likelihood of getting a hype poster is not such a big deal, especially when there are rumours of this poster on ebay for $150.

true

at least you got yours, right ?! congrats !

i got mine too- hopefully, it will grow on me when i see it in person- not too bad but at the same time not a " masterpiece " in the true sense of the posterworld .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    true

at least you got yours, right ?! congrats !

i got mine too- hopefully, it will grow on me when i see it in person- not too bad but at the same time not a " masterpiece " in the true sense of the posterworld .

Agreed...but at the end of the day you cant go wrong with a hype peice of art from a even more hype tour and album release.
  • Options
    hip_n_jamhip_n_jam Posts: 220
    I think we should be expecting news sometime very soon.
  • Options
    dd. wrote:
    Agreed...but at the end of the day you cant go wrong with a hype peice of art from a even more hype tour and album release.

absolutely! plus, its been reported they are limited in numbers ( I have heard 500 )so that instantly makes them collectible and more valuable, correct ?
    I had not heard of them being listed on e-Bay- that sucks for those that werent able to get in on it. But thats the story with these posters- I have done my fair share of paying exhorberant prices for that " gotta have it " poster(s).

supposebly Klausen gave a statement in regards to the Irving Show ( over @ BRY ) , that there wasnt enough time for any artist to design a poster for this gig, so there will not be one .

I hope they have something brewing - the first show of the tour is in less then a week- and still noi word from anywhere ! ( ie : Ames " mailing list " ) that everyone under the sun got onto after that leak on their website- ( " Suicide Solution " )

I have their phone # and if we dont hear anything soon, i will be calling them .I'll be sure to post anything ( or most commonly nothing ) that i may hear from them.

How awesome would it be to get an abstract or unexpected artist for the first Leg ? - like Kozik or Emek . That would be awesome,....

cheers .!
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    hip_n_jam wrote:
    I think we should be expecting news sometime very soon.
    gosh i hope so :eek:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    wow !
    can any of you guys draw ?

They are actually looking to hire graphic artists/ designers over at Ames ! ? ! ? ! ?
    Maybe they dont have anyone to create the 06 tour posters ? :rolleyes:
    Those fine arts classes can pay off for someone,...

http://www.amesbros.com
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    dervish7dervish7 Posts: 218
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    wow !

They are actually looking to hire graphic artists/ designers over at Ames ! ? ! ? ! ?

Are they really?! (I don't have Flash at work, so I can't see the site)

I tried to intern for them a few years ago when I lived in Seattle, but they'd have none of that. Now I'm about to graduate and have been doing a lot of screen printing. Maybe I should try for a job!
    First of all: I am tired. I am true of heart!
    And also: You are tired. You are true of heart!

-Dave Eggers
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,167
    interesting conversation, but i am also only interested in the shows i actually attend. no matter how cool some of the other posters may be, i frame and hang all of mine simply because it's a memento from the shows i've attended. the only tour poster i got was the 93 tour, when they didn't do individual show posters.

hoping they do ames or other artists again this year. i know a lot of people on this board hate u2, but i saw them on their last tour and they did one-off show posters as well. not nearly as artistic as the pj ones, but i love individual event posters...
    ok, i'm done rambling.

BUMP

Was that the Kozik High Bear print in 93?
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    Was that the Kozik High Bear print in 93?

this seems like a hot commodity !

its been seen recently on e-Bay and was upwards of 600 bucks last i saw of it,...

with the indian, & Soundgarden billing, is that correct - ?

pretty sweet.

I hope we get a nice mix and variety this time around, maybe another Firehouse edition, Kozik, Emek all those groovy designers

good luck !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    spike007spike007 Posts: 54
    rumor has it that there's a "twist" on posters and how they'll be sold this tour. supposedly the info was gonna be posted today but who knows where and when.
  • Options
    spike007 wrote:
    rumor has it that there's a "twist" on posters and how they'll be sold this tour. supposedly the info was gonna be posted today but who knows where and when.

like the Canadian Tour of last year ? buy the entire set beforehand sight unseen ?

does Ames and or Klausen have anything to do with this twist you post of?

thanks ,.......
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    spike007spike007 Posts: 54
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    like the Canadian Tour of last year ? buy the entire set beforehand sight unseen ?

does Ames and or Klausen have anything to do with this twist you post of?

thanks ,.......

I have no idea what the "twist" is. All I know is what I was told....and that is what I posted.
  • Options
    thanks again spike007
    platessmall.jpg