Ahhh Captalism

AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
edited August 2007 in A Moving Train
you will notice - influential businessmen one by one will start to give a bad outlook on the future of the market.

to be sure, before they do, they will sell a good portion of their stocks and advise theirs to do the same.. they make the public negative outlook. This in hopes to scare other investors out - lowering prices. so they can.. at just the right time.. come back in and subsequently give positives reports - helping the market to go back up.. earning money for them.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Abuskedti wrote:
    you will notice - influential businessmen one by one will start to give a bad outlook on the future of the market.

to be sure, before they do, they will sell a good portion of their stocks and advise theirs to do the same.. they make the public negative outlook. This in hopes to scare other investors out - lowering prices. so they can.. at just the right time.. come back in and subsequently give positives reports - helping the market to go back up.. earning money for them.

Well, as long as you know the secret, play along.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    is there some point to this thread?
  • surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    Abuskedti wrote:

Glad to see you are a firm believer in the stock market being an emotional market place.

Who cares what they're saying. Jst make sure you buy low and sell high.

Wh is this the fault of capitlaism any ways? It's the fault of greedy people. People who'd be greedy with or without capitalism. Do you blame capitalism for providing the funding for research leading to medical breakthroughs and great new medicines? If you have a problem with capitalism, do you rely on China for all your healtch care break throughs?
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    jeffbr wrote:
    Well, as long as you know the secret, play along.

already have. I noticed a lack of consistency in messages a while back and moved everything I had in my 401K to government securities.

Now I just have to gauge when to get back in for the rebound.

My points are many... most of all this con should not be delivered on what pretends to be a news show.
    surferdude wrote:
    Glad to see you are a firm believer in the stock market being an emotional market place.

Who cares what they're saying. Jst make sure you buy low and sell high.

Wh is this the fault of capitlaism any ways? It's the fault of greedy people. People who'd be greedy with or without capitalism. Do you blame capitalism for providing the funding for research leading to medical breakthroughs and great new medicines? If you have a problem with capitalism, do you rely on China for all your healtch care break throughs?

I blame CNN and FOX on capitalism. CNN and Fox are peddling the misinformation
  • Abuskedti wrote:

Capitalizing on peoples inability to closely follow the game. The inner circle conspiring.

What the hell people do with all these millions? It's some kind of addiction.

One of my clients donates art work to museums from his collection. His latest was a 50 million dollar piece... You should see his house...it's stunning. I shit you not.

insane money...

I could see capitalizing on investments, but spinning things to screw people is shit...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • JamMastaEJamMastaE Posts: 444
    Abuskedti wrote:

wrong!this economy is going to tank 100%,no coming back!
    dollar is almost useless!the fed keeps pumping money into the market so it will be somewhat gradual decline but it's all over! the American dream is now the American nightmare.
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot". Mark Twain

"I would rather die on my feet than to live on my knees."
    Emiliano Zapata
    JamMastaE wrote:
    dollar is almost useless!the fed keeps pumping money into the market so it will be somewhat gradual decline but it's all over! the American dream is now the American nightmare.

Yes, I that indeed is a possibility... if that happens.. it will be a nightmare for everyone
  • spiral outspiral out Posts: 1,052
    JamMastaE wrote:

Thats not going to happen it will go down but it will come back up it's happening everywhere not just america.
    Keep on rockin in the free world!!!!

The economy has polarized to the point where the wealthiest 10% now own 85% of the nation’s wealth. Never before have the bottom 90% been so highly indebted, so dependent on the wealthy.
    spiral out wrote:
    Thats not going to happen it will go down but it will come back up it's happening everywhere not just america.

hey look, sometimes we can agree.
    jlew24asu wrote:
    hey look, sometimes we can agree.

It's a rare occasion. :)

The economy has polarized to the point where the wealthiest 10% now own 85% of the nation’s wealth. Never before have the bottom 90% been so highly indebted, so dependent on the wealthy.
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    I still say that Capitalism is no better or worse than Communism.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I still say that Capitalism is no better or worse than Communism.

why? communism takes away freedom to do whatever the hell you want. which is damn nice to me
    jlew24asu wrote:
    why? communism takes away freedom to do whatever the hell you want. which is damn nice to me

And capitalism keeps the rich incredibly rich at the expense of the poor.

There must be a nice medium out there. But that would take decent human beings to create it so i guess it won't be happeneing anytime soon.

spiral out wrote:
    And capitalism keeps the rich incredibly rich at the expense of the poor.

There must be a nice medium out there. But that would take decent human beings to create it so i guess it won't be happeneing anytime soon.

well that didnt last long.

capitalism isnt making me rich or poor. it makes me happy. I am able to get a job and start my own business.

your first statement is the biggest crock of shit. laziness makes people poor. not rich people.
  • I think a lot of analysts make money through insider trading put options. It's almost like a bet that the market will drop. I don't quite understand the whole thing, but that's allegedly what happend prior to 9/11. There's still a large amount of money left unclaimed (so it is said).

Hrm. a medium you say. we'll call it communitalism. sounds like something londoners have to do on the tube.
    Adelaide, 21st & 22nd November 2006
    jlew24asu wrote:

Yea, Capitalism is "Survival of the fittest" "Fuck the dysfunctional"

Capitalism is not compassionate, it's is the exact opposite. You are better off if you have more abilities, and many people don't have those abilities.

There is nothing stopping Communism 3.0 from allowing you to do what you want, except the prevailing belief that communism is evil.

But, as I said, they are both good and bad. The main disadvantage to communism is that it puts the state in ultimate control of the economy.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
    I always wonder if the people so unhappy with capitalism would be happy to do without the good and great things that capitalism has enabled in our lives. They complain but they don't move to communes. Some people just like being unhappy I think.
    ~ Bob Marley
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Yea, Capitalism is "Survival of the fittest" "Fuck the dysfunctional"
    so you want an economic system to take care of people? how bout letting people help people.
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Capitalism is not compassionate, it's is the exact opposite. You are better off if you have more abilities, and many people don't have those abilities.
    and some people are straight up lazy. sorry, im not interested in supporting them
    Ahnimus wrote:
    There is nothing stopping Communism 3.0 from allowing you to do what you want, except the prevailing belief that communism is evil.

But, as I said, they are both good and bad. The main disadvantage to communism is that it puts the state in ultimate control of the economy.
    haha your right. its like a blind guy reading a book. his "main" disadvantage is, he cant see. both disadvantages are rather important.
    jlew24asu wrote:
    so you want an economic system to take care of people? how bout letting people help people.

and some people are straight up lazy. sorry, im not interested in supporting them

haha your right. its like a blind guy reading a book. his "main" disadvantage is, he cant see. both disadvantages are rather important.

Ever wonder why people are lazy?
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Ever wonder why people are lazy?

no, how about you tell me why
    jlew24asu wrote:
    Don't ask Ahnimus this question. You know his answer is determinism. The person can't help it, they are just the end product of theire DNA and environment. There is zero freewill in the choices they make, it's all pre-determined. Those that try harder only do so because it's been pre-determined for them that they'll try harder. Those that are lazy are only lazy because that's the way their life was pre-determined.
    ~ Bob Marley
    jlew24asu wrote:
    It's metabolic.

Human metabolism is a complex system of interacting tissues and hormones. You really need a solid understanding of it. In addition, humans, like animals, have hibernation modes that cause a phenomenologically lazy state with high energy consumption. There are many genetic mutations that cause variations in metabolism.
    surferdude wrote:
    Don't ask Ahnimus this question. You know his answer is determinism. The person can't help it, they are just the end product of theire DNA and environment. There is zero freewill in the choices they make, it's all pre-determined. Those that try harder only do so because it's been pre-determined for them that they'll try harder. Those that are lazy are only lazy because that's the way their life was pre-determined.

:p I know. I was throwin some bait out there.
    surferdude wrote:

You could always prove me wrong by removing your brain.
    Ahnimus wrote:
    It's metabolic.

Human metabolism is a complex system of interacting tissues and hormones. You really need a solid understanding of it. In addition, humans, like animals, have hibernation modes that cause a phenomenologically lazy state with high energy consumption. There are many genetic mutations that cause variations in metabolism.

o yea? what about someone who would rather do drugs, watch tv, lay in the sun, and collect food stamps.

are they metabolic?
    Ahnimus wrote:

for someone who doesn't believe in God, you sure do a good job of pretending you are him.
    jlew24asu wrote:
    o yea? what about someone who would rather do drugs, watch tv, lay in the sun, and collect food stamps.

are they metabolic?

Probably not, but what would you suppose the causes are?
    jlew24asu wrote:
    for someone who doesn't believe in God, you sure do a good job of pretending you are him.

I do a good job of learning, and not being ignorant.

Here is a good place for you to start learning

http://www.hhmi.org/biointeractive/obesity/lectures.html
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I prove you wrong every time I make a decision in life. Again, you only see what you want to see, the truth scares you. The truth of freewill is too much responsibility for many to face, so they become irrational. Don't worry it's a common ailment so you shouldn't feel bad about having it. :)
    ~ Bob Marley