Options

Jeff Ament's Debut Solo Album "TONE" - Pre-Sale Starts Today!

Comments

• Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Got the cd and a pick. Only listened once, but I really dig it. For me the first couple of songs were so so, but then I started to really get into it. Just after that first listen I would say "Life of a Salesman" and "The Forest" are probably my favorites.
    Brian
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,362
    haven't got the limited edition cd yet from 10club, but today got an email back from Lou's Records that my copy from them has just been shipped out (i made the order from them many day's before i heard of the limited edition copy going on sale on 10club).
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Props to Jeff because that cd of his is TIGHT!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    demetrios wrote:
    haven't got the limited edition cd yet from 10club, but today got an email back from Lou's Records that my copy from them has just been shipped out (i made the order from them many day's before i heard of the limited edition copy going on sale on 10club).
    There's a difference?
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    bazzer wrote:
    There's a difference?

As far as I know the presale was for a limited number of copies, but the presale isn't a "limited edition". It is the same disc.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Fyi.........if You Got A Pick, It Is Not Packaged Inside Of The Cd. It Will Be Loose Inside The Shipping Envelope.

What! I didn't even check before I threw the envelope away. Awww...crap!
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Waahh... still no Tone CD - the mail just came in! :(

TOMORROW? I hope so! :)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    i also got my cd over the weekend...and pick...looks like everyone's getting one- hurray! :)

I'm really lovin' this album....will be my soundtrack for the week. I think right now Doubting Thomisina is my fav.
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
  • Options
    Received the cd today in NY. Pick was included in the envelope. Only listen to the cd once. But by far my favorite song has been been Bulldozer. Forest is probably my second favorite song. But overall im pretty impressed. Could have added 2 or 3 more songs to the cd. I was thinking that's it when the cd ended.
    1998- MSG 1
    2003- MSG 1 & 2
    2006- Irving Plaza, Albany, NJ 1 & 2
    2008- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- EV NYC 2
    2010- Hartford
    2016- MSG 2
  • Options
    inhiding 1976inhiding 1976 NWI Posts: 580
    This is a hard one to get used to. Not sure if I like it yet, not into the singer but he is out of his element. Usually after I listent to stuff a few times it becomes very good to my ears. We will see, doubt it. Sorry Jeff nothing personal you are a hell of a musician and love your input with PJ.

7-11-95, 6-14-98, 6-26-98, 6-27-98, 6-29-98, 8-17-98, 08-18-00, 8-20-00, 09-05-00, 10-7-00, 10-8-00, 10-9-00, 10-11-00, 4-21-03, 4-22-03, 4-23-03, 4-25-03, 04-26-03, 6-18-03, 6-21-03, 6-22-03, 6-25-03, 06-26-03, 10-3-04, 9-11-05, 9-12-05, 9-13-05, 5-9-06, 5-10-06, 5-16-06, 5-17-06, 5-19-06, 5-20-06, 6-23-06, 6-24-06, 6-29-06, 8-5-07, E.V. Milwaukee and Chicago night 1, 8-23-09,08-24-09, 5-7-10, 5-9-10, E.V. 6-28-011, 9-3-11, 9-4-11, 7-19-13, 10-11-13, 10-3-14, 10-17-14, 10-20-14, E.V. 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 8-20-18, 8-22-18, 9-16-22, 9-18-22, 9-5-23, 9-7-23, 9-10-23
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Just received mine today. Plan to play it once I'm done listening to Liverpool on Sirius and watching Chelsea on ESPN. I'm as obsessive about football as about Pearl Jam. Love my Atonement pick. THANKS JEFF AND 10C !!! My Mike pick now has a cool looking mate.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    still waiting for mine,hopefully weds
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    I wonder how many of us would have just paid the 10 bucks for the pick on the bay...nice album, but not his best work to date. The last song works...seems like it could have been worked into more than an outro though. Jeff needs to come a little stronger with his vocals and yet continue to be himself and have a good sense of humor.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    It came today!

Thanks so much - looking forward to listening it with Bobby later! :):)

Thanks for the lyrics, Jeff - I enjoyed the little booklet and the picture on the last page, cute little kid! :D

Nice artwork and a picture of Jeff at work. I didn't know it was snowing, though... :p

Yes, I got the pick...and you gotta be careful, it can be easily missed!

Luckily, I got small hands with long nails... but for those who couldn't feel nothing and don't see it...

Just cut the envelope all around slowly on a flat surface and look for it.

Thanks, Jeff and 10c! :)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    the cd was average - nothing to scream over
    the pick was great - somehting to scream over - YAAAHH!!!
    I really hat e to say it but i'd dig a third album from THREE FISH alot more than Tone.
    As you live your life in sometimes quiet desperation, facing adversity and tragedy: if you have hope and love, that mixture helps you overcome that tragedy and go on with the rest of your life.”
    --Jack Lengyel
  • Options
    cant wait!
    Joe
    "It's Evolution Baby"
    Montreal '00; Toronto '03; Montreal '03; Kitchener '05; London '05; Hamilton '05; Toronto '05; Toronto '06 x2; Boston '06; Toronto '08 x2 (Eddie)
  • Options
    eh, damn work keeping me distracted :p...i missed out on the presale. had to order thru easy street and pay $17 with the shipping. such is life. just happy i could still get the CD. as hubby is a fellow bassist, he is sure to want to check out jeff's solo work!

definitely looking forward to it!
    seems all the boys are doing their own solo stuff as of late...and good for them! although most definitely look forward to them all coming together for the next pearl jam album!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    did everyone get the cd from PA?still waiting for mine
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    Just got mine in PA today. I'm listening now and I like it a lot. Thanks for the pick! Nice touch, as is the lovely little booklet.

Good job, Jeff!
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    phillyfan wrote:
    did everyone get the cd from PA?still waiting for mine
    I know NY state here hasn't seen it yet...I'm hoping Jeff shows up on my doorstep to deliver it himself at this point! :)
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    I know NY state here hasn't seen it yet...I'm hoping Jeff shows up on my doorstep to deliver it himself at this point! :)
    I hear ya on that
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    mattseattleusamattseattleusa North Idaho, USA Posts: 346
    Just got back from buying my copy at the Easy Street! Can't wait to give it a listen after work! They have them onsale for $10.99 in the store if anyone still needs one!
    I will not lose my Faith, it's an Inside job today....
  • Options
    Been listenin to it quite often. I have to say it grew on me real fast. Definately an awesome CD. but I do happen to like the first half over the second half more, unlike what most have been saying. The garage band sounding tracks remind me of Mudhoney. Id rate this a Solid B or B+.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    spinning it right now. thank you lous records! :)
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    demetrios wrote:
    spinning it right now. thank you lous records! :)
    wait. Aren't you in Nova Scotia demetrios? When did you receive Tone? I am still empty handed...:(
  • Options
    Nice got my cd today along with a pic, thanks!!!
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    wait. Aren't you in Nova Scotia demetrios? When did you receive Tone? I am still empty handed...:(

yep. from nova scotia. roger posted a link about the release of jeff ament's solo release before 10club posted about the release. i went ahead and made a purchase of the cd from lous records online.

so, day's later, i see 10club is selling it, limited edtion with the pic. so i went ahead and made the purchse, too! well, it's not limited edition because the cd i just got, is the same one 10club is selling. only limited edition is it includes jeff's pic, which is .. a collectors item.

the cd was sent from lous records sept 12th, and i got it sept 19th. 10club sent out the packages the same time. maybe next week, maybe next month. if 10club added the blue airmail sticker, and filled out the customs sticker, should be here soon.

:)
  • Options
    Mine came yesterday and I gave it one listen-through. There's a lot of really experimental garage/indie stuff. Some kinda weird stuff. A few songs that sound really nice. I'm sure my interests will develop as I give it more listens.

Jeff has some major limitations with his voice so I wish he would have relied on his bass a little bit more and perhaps embraced it as an instrumental album. The best vocals on the album are from Doug Pinnick.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,386
    Got mine a few days ago w/ the pick.

JUST LIKE THAT!!!!....BYE,BYE

Yeah Jeff Rock on my friend
  • Options
    Just found out about this TODAY. Thanks for the notification 10club that never made it to me. So it looks like I'll be downloading my copy from an illegal distributor.