Options

Jeff Ament's Debut Solo Album "TONE" - Pre-Sale Starts Today!

Comments

• Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Well, the boss said last night to pay his membership so we can get Jeff’s CD.

After cooking him some steak for dinner and a strawberry cheesecake as his birthday cake with whipping cream, then….*thinking, scratching her lip lightly*….yeah, that’s it. ;)

Oh yeah…then we were in the garage smoking and I brought up Jeff’s solo CD and we got into discussion about him.

"I always thought he was the mojo of Pearl Jam, somehow keeping them all together. He has a lot to bring to the table." He says.

He asked if I purchased his solo CD and I pointed out our delinquent dues as well as some bills that needed to be paid yesterday.

"Well, hold off that [one specific bill], pay my membership, get Jeff’s solo and I’ll figure something out about that [bill]".

So I did what the boss said – paid his membership and purchased Jeff’s CD.

[size=-2] I let him think he’s the boss[/size] ;):D

Looking forward to his CD and his artwork!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    i absolutely love buying $10 cds

that is the price all cds should all be sold at because the decision to buy is just so damn easy.

thanks 10c/jeff!!
  • Options
    I just ordered my copy.

Jeff's the one member of the band I've met. Three Fish played in NYC on the day Austin Powers 2 came out, and I wore a Dr. Evil shirt to the show. I got a pic with Jeff afterwards, and he's got his pinky to his mouth, a la Dr. Evil.

Congrats Jeff.

This picture needs to be publicly aired!
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    Well, the boss said last night to pay his membership so we can get Jeff’s CD.

After cooking him some steak for dinner and a strawberry cheesecake as his birthday cake with whipping cream, then….*thinking, scratching her lip lightly*….yeah, that’s it. ;)

Oh yeah…then we were in the garage smoking and I brought up Jeff’s solo CD and we got into discussion about him.

"I always thought he was the mojo of Pearl Jam, somehow keeping them all together. He has a lot to bring to the table." He says.

He asked if I purchased his solo CD and I pointed out our delinquent dues as well as some bills that needed to be paid yesterday.

"Well, hold off that [one specific bill], pay my membership, get Jeff’s solo and I’ll figure something out about that [bill]".

So I did what the boss said – paid his membership and purchased Jeff’s CD.

[size=-2] I let him think he’s the boss[/size] ;):D

Looking forward to his CD and his artwork!

That was great you can justify about anything when it comes to PJ related purchases....Thankfully I received my credit card bill after I had already purchased Tone and some stickers....
    Peace,
    Still on sale...just got mine 15 minutes ago. Love the cover and the price :)
    My favorite quote from Jeff:

"50's the new 15"
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
  • Options
    i am SOOOOOO excited for this!!!
    cant wait to open the mailbox and find the cd there.
    new music is like christmas morning :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    Got mine, nice surprise this was, definitely looking forward to this.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,589
    Got one

So now thats Tone CD, renew membership, reaper t shirt bootleg CD -(plus some ebay purchases)

Damn! I need another job!
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,211
    thanks to jeff for taking time and answering those questions. really cool of him.
  • Options
    JibitiJibiti Posts: 264
    Will there be a list of retailers selling the album?
    6.30.06 - Marcus Ampitheatre (Summerfest),
    9.03-04.11 PJ20!!!
    7.19.13 - Wrigley!!!
    10.19.14, 10.20.14 (Yield!!)
  • Options
    Bought a copy and even with shipping costs to Germany it's still a bargain!

Thanks Jeff for answering my question!!!
    One hand will wash the other!
  • Options
    MohabMohab Posts: 310
    ordered it, hartford, my fourth irons (only a battered disc from the other three exists at this point) and a membership.
  • Options
    I ordered mine last night, what a deal for $10. Jeff never lets us down.
  • Options
    How awesome! Tone sounds really good, just by reading the names of the tracks and what they're about really gives me a good vibe about this! Man! Only 10 bucks?! That's awesome! Damn it! I can't get mine! 10 bucks over here is like 54 egyptian pounds! Sheesh....Enough venting :p

I loved the Q&A section! That was so awesome to see familiar names on here asking JEFF, freakin' JEFF! I was "stoked"! And I also loved how eloquent most of the questions were, very nicely done you guys! And also Jeff answering them was pretty cool! I loved when he said 50 is the new 15! Right on Jeff! :)
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • Options
    grazmangrazman Posts: 198
    wasnt 'Forest' and 'Only Cloud in The Sky' on the immagine in cornice dvd. Just bought mine by the way.
    It's Evolution, Baby!
  • Options
    ovechkin8 wrote:
    Are there any plans at all for you to tour in support of this record? If so, you can crash at my place in Omaha. My wife will make you delicious breakfast burritos in the morning....and I will help.

I love a good breakfast burrito, but I shan’t be playing any shows this year….maybe down the road sometime. I travel too much doing shows with the band anyway. I haven’t been to the south in awhile, so I’m looking forward to playing some PJ shows down there next year.

Did I miss where Jeff's answers were posted?
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • Options
    Lee MLee M Posts: 142
    pjamamy wrote:
    Did I miss where Jeff's answers were posted?

On the main page click "Click here for more" and they're on the right side of that page.

And I like the sound of PJ shows in the south next year :D
  • Options
    I wonder if the version of 'The Forest' on Tone has any other members of Pearl Jam on it or if it is a totally Ament version. I'm not too clear on that.
  • Options
    no vinyl :(

got the cd anyways. looking forward to it
    Things were different then. All is different now.
    I tried to explain. Oh, somehow.
  • Options
    Lee M wrote:
    On the main page click "Click here for more" and they're on the right side of that page.

And I like the sound of PJ shows in the south next year :D

I swear I'm not dense, but I don't see "click here for more" anywhere.
    :confused:
  • Options
    pjamamy wrote:
    I swear I'm not dense, but I don't see "click here for more" anywhere.
    :confused:

Hi pjamamy!

click on either of those links from the main page (first post on the first page in this thread):
    rubysdad wrote:
    Also, check out Jeff's answers to the questions from the board members www.pearljam.com/jeffament/.
    rubysdad wrote:

Click here to check out a special Q&A Jeff did with Pearl Jam message pit posters and to pre-order your copy today.
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    Thank you!

I thought by "main page" you meant, you know, the "main page." :D
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    Bought mine, of course... I've waited a long time for a project like this! But oh, how I regret not getting in on the Q&A session!

Congrats to Jeff for finally gracing us with a solo album.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    I re-read the Q&A, posted by aspoonfulweighsaton, under the TOURING section. Would appreciate feedback!

aspoonfulweighsaton

Who would be in your live band?
    Ed, Matt, Mike, Stone & Boom and if they’re not available maybe Brian Blade, Steve Tibbets, and Robert Plant, JPJ on keys.

I did a little research on those musicians Jeff mentioned above:

Brian Blade seems to be a spiritual person who has “phenomenal gift” on the drums and is in current band called “Brian Blade & The Fellowship Band”. Or is that Brian Blade Fellowship? His official website is here at http://www.brianblade.com/bio.aspx

Steve Tibbets – never heard of this man before but sounds like an interesting man with original approaches to sounds on his guitar and kalimba (an African musical instrument in the shape of a wooden box set with metal bars that are plucked with the fingers – I had to look this up myself as it is a new term for me!).

Steve has released seven records dating back to 1976: http://www.teleologic.com/crghome/tibbets.html

Robert Plant – self-explanatory. :p

JPJ: Who is he? (Would be nice if this person is a female *wink*)

Help is appreciated and any additional information/corrections would also be appreciated!

Jeff is really an interesting person! :)
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    rickprickp Posts: 219
    IamMine wrote:
    JPJ: Who is he? (Would be nice if this person is a female *wink*)

Help is appreciated and any additional information/corrections would also be appreciated!

Jeff is really an interesting person! :)

John Paul Jones
  • Options
    rickp wrote:
    John Paul Jones

Thank you! :)
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Thanks Rubysdad. Ordered mine.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    how come some people got more than one questions picked????

fuckin MODS !!!!!!!~~~~~ha ha
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • Options
    I love him! Really I do!! :D Just finished reading his responses. Funny stuff!! And great questions, everyone!!! :)
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    How strange that you love him AmentsChick, your name doesn't imply that at all :p;).

Sounds like a great project and loved his answers to everything, Congrats Jeff for finally getting this out!
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman